Author Topic: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)  (Read 990743 times)

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome Darwin Núñez !!!
« Reply #2400 on: October 1, 2022, 06:05:25 pm »
What.  He only came on when they equalised and we had to chase a goal.  You think Klopp should've left him on the bench at 3-3, no matter how little time was left?

The game was still in the balance at 3-2. So if we didn't need him then why did we need him after they equalized?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #2401 on: October 1, 2022, 06:06:03 pm »
I'll let you in on a little secret but keep it from the rest okay...WE DIDN'T BUY HIM FOR 100 MILLION.

Shush though, keep it on the DL.

He's sounding like a rival fan there.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2402 on: October 1, 2022, 06:06:08 pm »
The game was still in the balance at 3-2. So if we didn't need him then why did we need him after they equalized?

You can't be serious.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2403 on: October 1, 2022, 06:06:52 pm »

Because we needed to try and score another goal perhaps.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2404 on: October 1, 2022, 06:07:01 pm »

Because we were winning at that point.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2405 on: October 1, 2022, 06:09:07 pm »
I think it's more that we've spent a lot on a player who hasn't really changed how good we are going forward when we've got other issues. If we were going to keep Firmino and use him as much as we are then signing a striker this summer was not the best use of funds. That's not his fault, you're right, but it's going to come up around him.

It's exactly this. The guy seems like a nice lad, and he is definitely talented.

However, we spunked world class money on a project player. That's the frustration. We were very close to a quadruple last season, something this country has never seen. We needed a finishing touch, something to squeeze us over the edge. We had a huge budget for that player. When we've did this in the past we grabbed an Alisson or VVD, ceiling raisers who were world class from day 1.

This time we went for a raw player from a poor quality league, in a position that wasn't urgent. It's one of the most baffling decisions I've seen us make, so it's no wonder people are incredibly frustrated with the whole thing. We tried to do the right thing with Tchoumeni, but it seems we lost our heads when he turned us down and Bellingham wasn't available.

The fact Klopp obviously doesn't fancy him says it all. 2 down today early on and he doesn't get a sniff until the last few minutes, the manager was terrified of bringing him on while we led because he can't be trusted to hold onto the ball. He can't be impressing much in training.

Heads will roll for this decision if he doesn't completely transform by end of season. There's people here saying 15 goals by season end will be good enough. Lukaku has an incredible CV, scored 15 goals last season after a similar big money move and got shipped out on loan looking like a laughing stock. People are deluding themselves that the situation will get any more tenable if Nunez puts up numbers like that.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2406 on: October 1, 2022, 06:10:33 pm »
Because we needed to try and score another goal perhaps.

Sorry, I'm just frustrated af today
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2407 on: October 1, 2022, 06:15:13 pm »
we wanted to score a goal? same reason we sometimes stick other giants like our CB up front too at the end of a game, albeit he has more to offer than just being good in the air too.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2408 on: October 1, 2022, 06:31:15 pm »
People are really strange.

when Darwin's a stranger
man buns look ugly
when you're alone
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline lollysportswasher

• Wants us to accept the reality that Liverpool will never sign another player.
  • Kopite
« Reply #2409 on: October 1, 2022, 06:54:05 pm »
I don't think he's gonna stay with us next season if he keeps being 3rd choice to Firmino and Jota.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2410 on: October 1, 2022, 06:55:45 pm »
I don't think he's gonna stay with us next season if he keeps being 3rd choice to Firmino and Jota.

Must be trolling.What?! he's just arrived and not settle in yet.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2411 on: October 1, 2022, 07:03:49 pm »

lololololol.

Oh wait - that's your username. Fits.

• Kopite
« Reply #2412 on: October 1, 2022, 07:13:08 pm »
Must be trolling.What?! he's just arrived and not settle in yet.

He needs to start games to help him settle even its 1 half and right now he's 3rd choice. Its valid concern to raise and I have nothing against Nunez nor I'm trolling.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2413 on: October 1, 2022, 07:15:07 pm »

He needs to start games to help him settle even its 1 half and right now he's 3rd choice. Its valid concern to raise and I have nothing against Nunez nor I'm trolling.

It's literally not a valid concern to raise. It's a wildly knee-jerk reaction. We haven't even played a 1/4 of the season.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2414 on: October 1, 2022, 07:15:18 pm »
lololololol.

Oh wait - that's your username. Fits.

A bit of sportswalshing...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2415 on: October 1, 2022, 07:16:06 pm »
Sorry, I'm just frustrated af today

We all are.

Offline Triad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2416 on: October 1, 2022, 07:16:17 pm »
Can he only play as a 9? I thought he could play on the left wing too? Is it expected for a still wet on the ears Carvalho to be in front of him in the pecking order.

• Kopite
« Reply #2417 on: October 1, 2022, 07:19:43 pm »
It's literally not a valid concern to raise. It's a wildly knee-jerk reaction. We haven't even played a 1/4 of the season.

I just want him to start. You reckon he will be starter mid week against Rangers ?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2418 on: October 1, 2022, 07:22:24 pm »
I don’t get why he didn’t start today. He just did a goal for Uruguay, so might have some good feelings going into the game and we end up chucking him on as a last ditch effort to chase a win. Yet he was playing more minutes at the start of the season. His integration seems to be going in reverse and that’s really strange for a signing under Klopp. Nobody can ever speak for Klopp, but it tells me he hasn’t won him over yet. He’s one of our most expensive signings ever and he’s not a teenager. I think anybody believing this is how it should be going for him are sticking their fingers in their ears. If he can’t start at home to Brighton we need to worry.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2419 on: October 1, 2022, 07:22:25 pm »
I just want him to start. You reckon he will be starter mid week against Rangers ?
Oh - I'd like him to start as well.

I think he will start mid-week but not against Arsenal.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2420 on: October 1, 2022, 07:27:56 pm »
There was speculation that he is showing himself to be tactically not as mature as the other players and so that has slowed down his ability to mesh with the team. If so then maybe klopp needs to play him like how benfica played him so that we can get some goals out of him which is what we need right now. Above all, giving him 5 plus minutes at the end of the match isn't going to help him get better.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2421 on: October 1, 2022, 07:40:17 pm »

The fact Klopp obviously doesn't fancy him says it all. 2 down today early on and he doesn't get a sniff until the last few minutes, the manager was terrified of bringing him on while we led because he can't be trusted to hold onto the ball. He can't be impressing much in training.
See, this bullshit spin is how this kind of crap become "true" to idiot fans.

Klopp never claimed he was bought as an immediate starter; he himself said, after signing the player, that he would need to be eased in slowly, that he wasn't an immediate starter.  Nothing to do with his "not fancying him". It was injuries that meant he had to start in some of the opening games of the season. Without those injuries he would probably have had only a few minutes here or there, slowly increasing, during the early months of the season.

Heads will roll for this decision if he doesn't completely transform by end of season.
Sounds like your head, and any guts you might ever have possessed, have already long gone.

There's people here saying 15 goals by season end will be good enough. Lukaku has an incredible CV, scored 15 goals last season after a similar big money move and got shipped out on loan looking like a laughing stock. People are deluding themselves that the situation will get any more tenable if Nunez puts up numbers like that.
Lol, such infantile crap. You should stop worrying about what your mates say.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2422 on: October 1, 2022, 07:44:42 pm »
The thing is we started the year terrible and that makes things worse for him because we should start him in matches like Brighton, Fulham, Palace etc which we should get 7-9 pts on paper but we don't win matches like that so he is definitely not starting against Arsenal and City next.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2423 on: October 1, 2022, 07:52:33 pm »
Our attack is probably the one area of the pitch where we have plenty of players who are top quality and bedded in to the team. There's really no reason to be trying to force him into the team when we have so many other problems elsewhere and can never get into a position where we're comfortable in a game.

Wankers are gonna be impatient and whine but giving him games isn't necessarily the best thing for the team right now, yes we spent a lot of money on him but Jota/Diaz/Salah/Firmino aren't exactly cheap alternatives.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2424 on: October 1, 2022, 07:55:03 pm »
If he doesn't start against Rangers, then I'd be worried.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2425 on: October 1, 2022, 07:57:57 pm »
If he doesn't start against Rangers, then I'd be worried.
Nah if he doesn't start it'll suggest that now that the rest of the attck is fully fit Klopp is going back to the original plan of bedding him in slowly and getting him used to our style of play.

People really need to stop catastrophising
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2426 on: October 1, 2022, 08:03:00 pm »
One of the few positives today was Bobby. Diogo looked sharp when he came on….and yet once again this blokes thread is the most popular apart from the actual match thread. Just absolutely baffling. He came on for seven minutes because we didn’t really need him…until there were seven minutes left.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #2427 on: October 1, 2022, 08:12:50 pm »
One of the few positives today was Bobby. Diogo looked sharp when he came on….and yet once again this blokes thread is the most popular apart from the actual match thread. Just absolutely baffling. He came on for seven minutes because we didn’t really need him…until there were seven minutes left.

We could end up paying £80 million for the lad. The 2 times we’ve spent that sort of money has been on VVD and alisson and both came in and contributed instantly. Think people are just so baffled that we’ve spent so much money on someone who’s clearly far from being the finished product and might take a season to settle in when we’ve got so many glaring issues in the squad. If money was so tight maybe we shouldn’t have blew our entire budget on potential and got some midfielders who could have contributed instantly

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2428 on: October 1, 2022, 08:14:10 pm »
Nah if he doesn't start it'll suggest that now that the rest of the attck is fully fit Klopp is going back to the original plan of bedding him in slowly and getting him used to our style of play.

People really need to stop catastrophising

The Klopp bedding players in slowly thing is a bit of a myth. Alisson, VVD, Salah, Jota, Mane, Diaz, Keita, Thiago, Gini all got significant minutes straight away. Robertson fought his way in but wasn't a big signing.

Fabinho was pretty much the only one who needed to wait. If Klopp rated Nunez right now he'd be playing, especially when we go 2 down early on and desperately need goals and points.

EDIT: Here's what Klopp said after signing Diaz and being questioned on why he played straight away:

Klopp added: “Our transfers have to hit the ground [running] because we can’t make a £40m or £50m signing and say that if they are not playing then that is not important. As we say in Germany, it is not that we swim in money. It’s a wealthy club, there are no problems here, but the policy is clear: we spend what we earn. It is very important that we have to do absolutely the right thing.”
« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 08:22:12 pm by paddysour »

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #2429 on: October 1, 2022, 08:20:24 pm »
Nunez will come good, he just needs a run of games.

He will be a star for us, mark my words.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2430 on: October 1, 2022, 09:25:20 pm »
We could end up paying £80 million for the lad. The 2 times we’ve spent that sort of money has been on VVD and alisson and both came in and contributed instantly. Think people are just so baffled that we’ve spent so much money on someone who’s clearly far from being the finished product and might take a season to settle in when we’ve got so many glaring issues in the squad. If money was so tight maybe we shouldn’t have blew our entire budget on potential and got some midfielders who could have contributed instantly
But that's not Nunez's fault is it.

If you have a problem with the transfer take it to the Jurgen Klopp thread, he bought him.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2431 on: October 1, 2022, 09:35:23 pm »
We scored 3 goals today. If that's not enough to win you game at home then it's pointless analysing the forwards.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2432 on: October 1, 2022, 09:40:16 pm »
We scored 3 goals today. If that's not enough to win you game at home then it's pointless analysing the forwards.

That's the frustrating thing though, we didn't need an expensive project forward. That money could have solved our real problems. 

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2433 on: October 1, 2022, 09:43:42 pm »
That's the frustrating thing though, we didn't need an expensive project forward. That money could have solved our real problems.

That's a different argument but given the Mane sale and what we achieved last season and the revenue generated it shouldn't be either/or while our rivals were spending shitloads of cash.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2434 on: October 1, 2022, 09:45:35 pm »
Get rid.  Mentally not up to the job of putting the ball in the net for LFC.   Hope I am wrong.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2435 on: October 1, 2022, 09:46:23 pm »

If our transfer team believe he is good enough, then he is good enough. He may of not started well but he will come good, because we dont sign dud players.

It could harm us in the short term but we need as many good players for the long term as possible.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2436 on: October 1, 2022, 09:50:51 pm »
It's exactly this. The guy seems like a nice lad, and he is definitely talented.

However, we spunked world class money on a project player. That's the frustration. We were very close to a quadruple last season, something this country has never seen. We needed a finishing touch, something to squeeze us over the edge. We had a huge budget for that player. When we've did this in the past we grabbed an Alisson or VVD, ceiling raisers who were world class from day 1.

This time we went for a raw player from a poor quality league, in a position that wasn't urgent. It's one of the most baffling decisions I've seen us make, so it's no wonder people are incredibly frustrated with the whole thing. We tried to do the right thing with Tchoumeni, but it seems we lost our heads when he turned us down and Bellingham wasn't available.

Heads will roll for this decision if he doesn't completely transform by end of season. There's people here saying 15 goals by season end will be good enough. Lukaku has an incredible CV, scored 15 goals last season after a similar big money move and got shipped out on loan looking like a laughing stock. People are deluding themselves that the situation will get any more tenable if Nunez puts up numbers like that.

He has played about 6 times.

Calm the fuck down.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2437 on: October 1, 2022, 09:57:39 pm »
After his performance today it wouldn't surprise me if we do a Robbie Keane with him.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2438 on: October 1, 2022, 10:03:24 pm »
After his performance today it wouldn't surprise me if we do a Robbie Keane with him.

His performance on the bench for 88 minutes?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2439 on: October 1, 2022, 10:03:47 pm »

So he's scoring at The Emirates next week then? Lovely.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.