Author Topic: Mancs away 13/5 if their fans permit it  (Read 166706 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Mancs away 2/5
« Reply #80 on: May 2, 2021, 09:12:21 am »
Seen the state of the officials?

We're getting fucked up the arse today.

Already got money on a penno against, a sending off and shite going against us.

Saying that, it's funny that Manchester United have had every single decision going for them for 3 seasons and they're still fucking shite.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #81 on: May 2, 2021, 09:14:16 am »
According to the Times, United are fearful that fans will disrupt the game tomorrow. There are rumours of the coaches being blocked. Looks like they are having to bring in more police.

Long trip that from London
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline **** The Pain Away.

• the cat who went all Yusuf Islam
  • Kopite
  • "We are the real people's club."
« Reply #82 on: May 2, 2021, 09:40:10 am »

Saying that, it's funny that Manchester United have had every single decision going for them for 3 seasons and they're still fucking shite.

Do you drink alot?
Meh...

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #83 on: May 2, 2021, 09:45:33 am »

Love it, get our excuses in early.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #84 on: May 2, 2021, 10:01:43 am »
If United come out playing attacking footy like they should do then we’ll have a chance. If they turn it into a defensive/counter attack battle we’ll struggle

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #85 on: May 2, 2021, 10:03:09 am »
At some point we will take our chances and give some team a proper spanking, who knows, it may be today

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: May 2, 2021, 10:14:45 am »
the way this season has gone, i expect us to get pummelled. so im just hoping, again, that this is a good game, which it never is, and that we dont get pummelled
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: May 2, 2021, 10:15:48 am »
Love it, get our excuses in early.

It is a bit defeatist to get the excuses in early, but it'd be nice to go to Old Trafford and for once not have either a ref or VAR from Manchester. It's a bit ridiculous and I still don't understand how the Manchester teams seem to have officials from their city doing their games on a regular basis, even against rivals, while the same isn't ever allowed anywhere else.

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: May 2, 2021, 10:17:56 am »
I was hoping to see Fabinho back in CM today but with Phillips still out, we're probably going to weaken our midfield again!

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #89 on: May 2, 2021, 10:24:33 am »
This is a chance to lay the marker for next season. To send all a message that even without UCL, we will be there to fight for domestic honours next season.

Hope we do take our chance. Klopp need to start another CM other than Gini/Thiago/Milner. Pogba and Fernandes will have a field day turning and putting through balls. Jones should start instead of Mr Barcelona.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #90 on: May 2, 2021, 10:36:38 am »
Can’t remember if I’ve ever been less arsed about a United v Liverpool game in my life. Once it’s on I’ll be wound up I guess but this game normally has me on edge days before.
Having said that a win is vital if any chance of a top 4 is to be realistic. Chelsea go to Man City next week I think so they may we’ll drop points there.
The thing is United are a decent team but well beatable. We are better away from home, so we are well capable of giving them a good hiding. It’s the hope that kills you though.
My thoughts exactly.

I woke up this morning and didn't have that nervous trepidation that I normally get when we play them. Football just seems so flat at the moment

Equally, I know that I'll be up for it when the game starts!

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #91 on: May 2, 2021, 10:45:21 am »

A lot of our bad results this season have nothing to do with the officials - the last 2 games being good examples.

It's fine to have a dislike of referees, but it sounds like you're actively looking for it and now pre-empting it every single game.

How was the the refereeing when we beat Palace 7-0 or Chelsea 2-0? How about when we beat Wolves 4-0, the 3-0 versus Arsenal or the 3-0 against Leicester? Or when we won 26 of our first 27 last season?
« Last Edit: May 2, 2021, 11:09:26 am by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #92 on: May 2, 2021, 11:00:28 am »
May they underestimate us like everyone, including us, including the players, currently do.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #93 on: May 2, 2021, 11:04:17 am »
May they underestimate us like everyone, including us, including the players, currently do.

Hopefully our players remember what each other looks like so that they can identify who they are passing to.

On the other hand United play in red so that may cause some confusion and misplaced passes.

We'll miss Phillips at centre back when McGuire scores from a disputed corner - that's a cert.

Offline PaddyPaned

• Anny Roader
« Reply #94 on: May 2, 2021, 11:05:19 am »

The league table, and our form since Christmas especially, suggests that nobody is underestimating us. I suppose the hope is that they will not simply park the bus, and this might give us some opportunities. Not that we’ve been great at taking our opportunities lately. Sorry, I’m underestimating us again - we need to remember that we’re the team who got a point at home to Newcastle!

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 2, 2021, 11:07:35 am »
The league table, and our form since Christmas especially, suggests that nobody is underestimating us. I suppose the hope is that they will not simply park the bus, and this might give us some opportunities. Not that we’ve been great at taking our opportunities lately. Sorry, I’m underestimating us again - we need to remember that we’re the team who got a point at home to Newcastle!

fuck off Covid so we can finally have the parade

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 2, 2021, 11:10:20 am »
This is the least bothered I’ve been about this fixture for years. Hopefully Gini doesn’t start, and hopefully we win.

Offline PaddyPaned

• Anny Roader
« Reply #97 on: May 2, 2021, 11:21:27 am »
Am I right in thinking we haven’t been given a penalty since early February? I think we’re due one.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #98 on: May 2, 2021, 11:25:47 am »
Cheer up everyone, maybe the coaches will get hijacked and the whole thing will be called off.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: May 2, 2021, 12:10:29 pm »
Cheer up everyone, maybe the coaches will get hijacked and the whole thing will be called off.

Achterberg'd just throw em off his back

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 2, 2021, 12:18:03 pm »
I was hoping to see Fabinho back in CM today but with Phillips still out, we're probably going to weaken our midfield again! Is he out still ? O well doubt we will. Win now

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #101 on: May 2, 2021, 12:20:39 pm »
This is the least bothered I’ve been about this fixture for years...
Its really bizarre. I normally have butterflies for days before a game against these, but even today I feel nothing. In all my years I've never felt like this before when playing them. Of course, I want us to go there and win. We are due a performance there that doesn't resemble a wet lettuce. But apart from that, I'm struggling to care about the match at all.

Normally against these I want to rip heads off all over OT.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #102 on: May 2, 2021, 12:20:51 pm »
If I see another Gini, Thiago and Milner midfield I think I will die.

Just a few hours left to get your affairs in order ......

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #103 on: May 2, 2021, 12:24:34 pm »

:lmao

I agree, thats what I am expecting.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #104 on: May 2, 2021, 12:29:17 pm »
Lose a lousy 6 games in a row at home, never string together more than 3 wins in a row all season and blow 2 vital wins on the spin at the very last gasp, and everybody gets all defeatist.

i would too except we are better than they are even if we haven't shown it much this year. 3-0 Liverpool.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: May 2, 2021, 12:48:55 pm »
Not sure if I've ever felt less like watching a Liverpool game to be honest. I'm sorry to have to admit that. Even when we were easily the better side we never looked like we could be assed at OT (seem to remember not getting a win at either OT or Goodison is probably what cost us the title in 2019).

Who knows, maybe the utter pointlessness of this will suit us? I'd very happily take a draw right now.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #106 on: May 2, 2021, 01:16:26 pm »
Lets put some lipstick on this pig of a season

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: May 2, 2021, 01:21:05 pm »
Be typical after not turning up there for almost a decade that we'd do it now and then still fail to finish in the top four.

I'm in high spirits ahead of this one as you can tell.

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: May 2, 2021, 01:22:09 pm »
Nailed on 0-0 draw, or maybe 1-1

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: May 2, 2021, 01:35:42 pm »
;D

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #110 on: May 2, 2021, 01:35:53 pm »
Not confident at all
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: May 2, 2021, 01:40:21 pm »
Well, it will be very much like this season for us to beat these fuckers today, and then drop points in the coming games, and fail to get a top 4 finish by a point or two ...

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 2, 2021, 01:42:53 pm »
Be typical after not turning up there for almost a decade that we'd do it now and then still fail to finish in the top four.

I'm in high spirits ahead of this one as you can tell.

I always think the idea that "form goes out the window in a derby" is a particularly poor cliché when it concerns us.

Our big league wins at Old Trafford have both come in seasons when we've had a decent title push. Same goes for one the 4-0's against Everton. Given there's very little to play for, the fact the season is starting to wind down, our terrible form and the lack of fans, my hopes aren't too high. But again who knows!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #113 on: May 2, 2021, 01:48:15 pm »

This thread
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #114 on: May 2, 2021, 01:59:16 pm »
I was hoping to see Fabinho back in CM today but with Phillips still out, we're probably going to weaken our midfield again!

It's a shit situation but what can we do? Obviously Davies isn't considered up to it and we know what happened the last time Rhys played at Old Trafford.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #115 on: May 2, 2021, 02:02:11 pm »
Arsenal had more fans at their protest of Kronke than the Mancs have against the Glazers at OT currently.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: May 2, 2021, 02:07:12 pm »

Nothing riding on the game other than pride.

I think we will suffer a narrow defeat if honest as im not confident at all.

We know how we are going to play but we dont know how United will play will they attack or play on the counter ?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #117 on: May 2, 2021, 02:18:45 pm »
The Mancs have made it inside OT down onto the pitch to protest.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #118 on: May 2, 2021, 02:19:19 pm »

This thread
It's mental.

'Yeah, just thought I'd login to rawk and tell everyone on the pre match thread that I can't be arsed and I think we'll probably lose'

This is a big game no matter what the circumstances or what's at stake. What is it with some of our fans?

I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #119 on: May 2, 2021, 02:19:25 pm »