Author Topic: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)  (Read 1456349 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Virgil Van Dijk PFA Player of the Year, UEFA Player of the Year
« Reply #9240 on: May 6, 2021, 03:41:48 pm »
What instruction did you give him?

Never walk off the field.

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9241 on: May 6, 2021, 05:46:43 pm »
He met with the consultant yesterday so we'll probably hear more from Klopp in his press conference

Whilst I understand from the players point of view, I will be really annoyed if he gets picked for the Euros.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9242 on: May 6, 2021, 05:50:17 pm »
Whilst I understand from the players point of view, I will be really annoyed if he gets picked for the Euros.

They will definitely have him in the provisional squad,it's going to be a case of having everything crossed because I do not trust Red Ron not to break him.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #9243 on: May 6, 2021, 05:52:11 pm »
They will definitely have him in the provisional squad,it's going to be a case of having everything crossed because I do not trust Red Ron not to break him.

Absolute joke if he gets called up by Barca when he's not even back in full training yet.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9244 on: May 6, 2021, 05:53:34 pm »

All depends on what the consultant said yesterday.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9245 on: May 6, 2021, 07:04:56 pm »
All depends on what the consultant said yesterday.
Should we be worried about him seeing the consultant at this stage?

Shouldn’t he be nowhere near one right now??
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9246 on: May 6, 2021, 07:08:44 pm »
Standard check up mate

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9247 on: May 6, 2021, 07:12:57 pm »
Standard check up mate
Thank god for that

I had prepared a stiff drink to prepare myself for bad news
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #9248 on: May 6, 2021, 07:50:40 pm »
Let’s just make peace with the fact that he’s 100% going to the Euros this summer.

I don't quite get the negativity of him going to the Euros. If he is deemed fit enough, he should go. He is in the prime of his career and will be one of the star players of the tournament (especially for Dutch as they have no other standout players). I will be glad if he can make it. Deserves that after a tough year.

He might gain some confidence and match fitness as well coming into next season. Ofcourse he can get injured but then that's just thinking negative. Other players can get injured on national duty as well.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2021, 07:52:19 pm by CalgarianRed »
True North Strong

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #9249 on: May 6, 2021, 08:38:03 pm »
I don't quite get the negativity of him going to the Euros. If he is deemed fit enough, he should go. He is in the prime of his career and will be one of the star players of the tournament (especially for Dutch as they have no other standout players). I will be glad if he can make it. Deserves that after a tough year.

He might gain some confidence and match fitness as well coming into next season. Ofcourse he can get injured but then that's just thinking negative. Other players can get injured on national duty as well.

Surely he’s at a higher risk of getting injured especially if he’s trying to rush back when he could have a full summer to work on strengthening that knee. The World Cup is next year anyway so it’s not like he’ll be waiting a long time.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9250 on: May 6, 2021, 09:05:12 pm »

Taking my selfish LFC hat off he is not going to play for is this season so how is he going to be match fit for a Euros ?

He hasnt even had contact training yet he is a long way off and id hope we are telling him this.

Euros with 30-50% fans not really worth it either might as well hang on until the world cup.

Im not going to lie im nervous about this and have been for a while with De Boer yapping away putting pressure on him via the media.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9252 on: May 12, 2021, 09:39:06 am »
Interview with Virgil on the official at 11am today.

https://twitter.com/James_Carroll84/status/1392392192224858113
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9253 on: May 12, 2021, 11:02:34 am »
Ready for the start of pre-season and confirms he won't be going to the Euros!

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/433769-virgil-van-dijk-exclusive-interview-injury-pre-season-comeback

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9254 on: May 12, 2021, 11:03:16 am »
Premier League and CL double confirmed!!

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9255 on: May 12, 2021, 11:05:33 am »
 :champ

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #9256 on: May 12, 2021, 11:05:54 am »
Not going the Euros! Get in! Shit for him but the World Cup is next year anyway. Can’t wait to have him back playing.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9257 on: May 12, 2021, 11:07:20 am »
Also a promising update on Gomez and Matip:

"All of us are in our last phase of our rehab, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. We’re all outside running and we see each other getting better, so that all helps. Hopefully from pre-season we can all be fit and work towards a very good season."

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9258 on: May 12, 2021, 11:10:51 am »
Must have been an extremely difficult decision for him to make. Especially considering he has never been to an international tournament at age 29.

Happy for us obviously.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9259 on: May 12, 2021, 11:10:56 am »
reading the interview.
Doesnt come across to me atll he was pushing to play at the Euro's

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9260 on: May 12, 2021, 11:11:49 am »
Fantastic news.  :scarf :scarf :scarf
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9261 on: May 12, 2021, 11:15:39 am »
Glad he’s made what must have been a very difficult decision, no doubt he would have been under pressure from Holland to declare himself fit.

Can’t wait to see him back in pre-season.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9262 on: May 12, 2021, 11:18:59 am »
Must have been an extremely difficult decision for him to make. Especially considering he has never been to an international tournament at age 29.

Happy for us obviously.

world cup is next year.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9263 on: May 12, 2021, 11:19:36 am »
Big Virg Is Back!

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #9265 on: May 12, 2021, 11:39:25 am »
It's good news. Also indicates the severity of the injury and time to get right.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9266 on: May 12, 2021, 11:39:40 am »

Happy for us obviously.

Wasn't his decision to make, the consultant said no and he listened.

reading the interview.
Doesnt come across to me atll he was pushing to play at the Euro's

The 3 Dutch FA officials who went to the appointment with the consultant with him and outnumbered the sole LFC official who was with him tells a much different story. Both he and the Dutch FA were pushing it massively.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9267 on: May 12, 2021, 11:47:55 am »
Fuck you De Boer.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #9268 on: May 12, 2021, 11:49:18 am »
I'm no ITK (happy to PM my source if needed) but I had it on good authority a few weeks ago that VVD was pushing hard to go the Euros but the physios and medical staff were firm in insisting otherwise.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9269 on: May 12, 2021, 11:51:38 am »
Sensible

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9270 on: May 12, 2021, 11:59:04 am »
You can't blame him or the Dutch team for wanting him to play at the Euros? Sounds like he really wanted it but the surgeon has said no or there is a real chance it could harm his career longer term and cut it short.

Anyway it's a moot point for him as he's not going, which I am gutted for him of course, but for Liverpool FC that is massive as it gives him the time needed to hopefully prolong his career both on the domestic and international front.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9271 on: May 12, 2021, 12:01:57 pm »
Liverpool centre-back Virgil van Dijk has ruled himself out of playing for the Netherlands at this summer's European Championship.

The 29-year-old is recovering from surgery after suffering knee ligament damage in October.

"I feel physically it is the right decision that I've decided not to go to the Euros," Van Dijk, the Netherlands captain, told the Liverpool website.

He added: "It's tough, but I'm at peace with it."

The Euros are taking place between 11 June and 11 July, having been delayed by a year because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Van Dijk said that he had not suffered a setback in his rehabilitation and he had "progressed nicely" but, in the latest stage of his recovery, had decided he could not play at this summer's tournament.

"I think the decision to not go is the right decision in the grand scheme of things," said Van Dijk.

"I am very gutted to miss the Euros, to miss the European Championship and leading out my own country there, but things have been like they have and I have to accept it - we all have to accept it.

"I think the decision to not go is the right decision in the grand scheme of things."

Instead of going to the Euros, Van Dijk will "go into my last phase of rehab during the off-season" to achieve the "realistic goal" of returning for pre-season with Liverpool.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57083439
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9272 on: May 12, 2021, 12:12:36 pm »
Wasn't his decision to make, the consultant said no and he listened.

The 3 Dutch FA officials who went to the appointment with the consultant with him and outnumbered the sole LFC official who was with him tells a much different story. Both he and the Dutch FA were pushing it massively.
ok thanks for the info.
I guess he isnt going to say in the interview I was desperate to go but was advised not to

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9273 on: May 12, 2021, 12:14:34 pm »
we could have Trent,Hendo,VVD,Gomez & Matip all with the summer off.

I supsect Trent will get picked though.

Mane off the summer as well. Konate if he signs only playing a short u21s tournament(max 3 games)

Really bodes well for next season

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #9274 on: May 12, 2021, 12:15:30 pm »
You can't blame him for wanting to make it back for the Euros, but glad he's seen sense and looked at the bigger picture - next season with Liverpool, the world cup plus the next Euros is only 3 years away.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9275 on: May 12, 2021, 12:17:22 pm »
I'm happy for us but sad for him.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9276 on: May 12, 2021, 12:18:24 pm »
we could have Trent,Hendo,VVD,Gomez & Matip all with the summer off.

I supsect Trent will get picked though.

Mane off the summer as well. Konate if he signs only playing a short u21s tournament(max 3 games)

Really bodes well for next season

Salah will have a summer off pretty much as well. The Olympics are deep into the summer and only a 2 week long tournament, so its not like he would need a holiday after it.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #9277 on: May 12, 2021, 12:23:19 pm »
Good lad Virgil.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #9278 on: May 12, 2021, 12:24:08 pm »
fantastic news for us

sad for him but he will have a world cup to aim for shortly
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9279 on: May 12, 2021, 12:24:17 pm »