Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1886956 times)

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #10320 on: May 8, 2021, 09:31:29 pm »
People just need to be patient with him. He'll be great once he gets a run of games.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

The only run of games he'll be getting is playing FIFA

Get rid.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #10321 on: May 8, 2021, 10:11:06 pm »
Yeah, I don't think it's worth persisting with him anymore. Free up a place in the squad and wages for someone who won't be perennially injured.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10322 on: May 8, 2021, 10:11:29 pm »
Games on,I know I'll go and give a bit of snide about a lad who isn't even playing  ::)
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #10323 on: May 8, 2021, 10:22:38 pm »
Actually he's anything but..

You can always rely on Naby lad to get injured..  :butt

Such a shame that he won't live up to they hype. Time to accept reality and look to move him on.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10324 on: May 9, 2021, 12:08:28 am »
"a knock"

But enough to delight the usual suspects in here.

no one is delighted - we are absolutely frustrated beyond words at this point because we only have seen glimpses of what kind of dynamic player he could have been. the problem is that at the level of cost we paid - we couldn't really afford for him to be an average player let alone pretty much a big miss.

and the never ending injuries are just perplexing as well.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #10325 on: May 9, 2021, 12:31:28 am »
same 'fans' who moan about the ESL in here during a game shitting on a player that isnt playing. watch the damn game.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10326 on: May 9, 2021, 09:28:09 am »
Been wanting him sold long time ago. now number of people still believe in him must be less then 10. get rid of sicknotes him and matip. sign players we can rely upon.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #10327 on: May 9, 2021, 10:19:51 am »
no one is delighted - we are absolutely frustrated beyond words at this point because we only have seen glimpses of what kind of dynamic player he could have been. the problem is that at the level of cost we paid - we couldn't really afford for him to be an average player let alone pretty much a big miss.

and the never ending injuries are just perplexing as well.
Sorry, but that's not true.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10328 on: May 9, 2021, 03:51:08 pm »
I think both will end up going but it should be noted that their injury problems both only started in the last few years, so I’m hoping that they still have long and successful careers ahead of them.

so worth noting their injury troubles started at Liverpool then.

If we’re getting rid of ‘sicknotes’, better throw Gomez on the pile.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #10329 on: May 9, 2021, 03:57:41 pm »
so worth noting their injury troubles started at Liverpool then.

If we’re getting rid of ‘sicknotes’, better throw Gomez on the pile.

Think the difference between the two is that while Gomez gets injured a lot too, there have been long stretches of seasons where he's been a crucial part of our first 11.

You can't say the same for Keita, he's just never been a key component.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10330 on: May 9, 2021, 04:26:41 pm »
Think the difference between the two is that while Gomez gets injured a lot too, there have been long stretches of seasons where he's been a crucial part of our first 11.

You can't say the same for Keita, he's just never been a key component.

No argument about Keita, time to try and get him out the door. I am more than done with him.

It’s the obsession here with a few with getting rid of our 2nd best centre back in Joel Matip that annoys me.

He deserves this next season to see if all the issues he had last year are cleared up. They may not be, but he deserves that shot, and is such a top class player, it’d be mad to get rid now.   

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10331 on: May 9, 2021, 04:30:37 pm »
No argument about Keita, time to try and get him out the door. I am more than done with him.

It’s the obsession here with a few with getting rid of our 2nd best centre back in Joel Matip that annoys me.

He deserves this next season to see if all the issues he had last year are cleared up. They may not be, but he deserves that shot, and is such a top class player, it’d be mad to get rid now.

It's amazing how both of us were watching Keita back in the Bundesliga and not being able to curtail our excitement for him joining Liverpool. It just goes to prove there are no guarantees even if the player looks to suit our team. A shame its not worked out for him as he showed plenty of potential before.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #10332 on: May 9, 2021, 04:31:25 pm »

Aye he was a key part of that amazing run in at the end of the 2019 season and the CL win but he's a sicknote and we should get rid. Neither of these players had these issues at their previous clubs.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #10333 on: May 9, 2021, 04:43:45 pm »
Guinea coach ruined his career. We can't carry him any longer.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10334 on: May 9, 2021, 04:49:07 pm »

Matip is a top class defender who is great for us when fit, so stands to reason we'd have patience there.

Keita has never really convinced Klopp even when he has been fit, he's been in and out the team. Keita hasn't kept Fab, Hendo or Gini on the bench for periods of time, for example, and Milner often used over him (and Jones this season). Then Thiago was signed last summer.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10335 on: May 9, 2021, 04:50:01 pm »
Guinea coach ruined his career. We can't carry him any longer.
Paul Put, absolute Dinosaur.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10336 on: May 9, 2021, 04:52:39 pm »
Paul Put, absolute Dinosaur.

More like Pol Pot.

He's under a life ban now.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10337 on: May 9, 2021, 04:57:30 pm »
More like Pol Pot.

He's under a life ban now.
Went to FIFA to force the club to release Keita after CL final, even though he had hardly trained ,made him play in a pointless friendly before the AN, and the rest his history.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10338 on: May 10, 2021, 01:11:40 am »
Went to FIFA to force the club to release Keita after CL final, even though he had hardly trained ,made him play in a pointless friendly before the AN, and the rest his history.

Maybe Keita needs to take some decisive action himself though and say hes not ready. I get that's easier said than done, especially when some fans of their respective countries are a bit mad, but hes no use to anyone if hes forced to retire early, or his chance at a big club is gone

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #10339 on: May 10, 2021, 01:13:25 am »
Maybe Keita needs to take some decisive action himself though and say hes not ready. I get that's easier said than done, especially when some fans of their respective countries are a bit mad, but hes no use to anyone if hes forced to retire early, or his chance at a big club is gone
I think that ship has sailed... Keita should have done that under Put, now is too little too late.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10340 on: May 10, 2021, 02:07:21 am »
I think that ship has sailed... Keita should have done that under Put, now is too little too late.

Yeah, just the shouts about laying the blame squarely on his international manager at the time (which I largely agree with), however sometimes, players need to admit when their body is struggling and make that decision themselves. I get why he probably didnt feel comfortable doing so, however, now the player will have to take the consequences.

Such a shame, as hes such a quality player. Let's hope (yes I know), that the latest niggle is just precautionary and the extended layoff has addressed some of the underlying issues

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #10341 on: May 10, 2021, 07:12:44 am »
Its entirely possible to like him as a player but be concerned about the injuries, and Klopp not picking him for key games. I don't think anyone genuinely wants a player to fail, but when they're constantly injured or not delivering on the pitch then its reasonable to expect fans to ask questions about his future.

Despite the often polarising opinions on him, there's no doubt he's moving closer to the exit door. The talent is there and he's shown glimpses of what he can do, but Klopp doesn't seem to pick him regularly when he's fit, so his opportunities to get the run of games that he needs to win a regular place just aren't there.

The other problem is that he's not like a Sturridge where there were long periods of great performances before the injuries took their toll - he's been hit and miss since joining despite the early promise. With Jones knocking on the door (and 6 years younger), Wijnaldum possibly going, and Ox also injury prone, then next season is probably Keita's make or break season (no pun intended).
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10342 on: May 10, 2021, 07:20:23 am »
The problem is he hasnt gotten a single second of time on the pitch since Madrid. Klopp hauled off Lovren early a few years ago and everybody thought he was finished but he returned pretty much straight away.

Keita was fit for a little while before the Madrid game. After that he was on the bench a number of matches but never got on once. Feels like his time is up.

However not sure yet what has happened this week. Whilst of course its shite he is injured again, we have lost other players to injury as well.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10343 on: May 10, 2021, 08:25:42 am »
There's a few posters who keep saying this, and I'm one of them, but when he's been on the pitch he's, mostly, been very good for us. I'm trying to work out what's happened with him, he was picked a lot at the start of the season after all. I reckon Klopp's decided that he can't carry two players who, physically, aren't quite up to it (in comparison to the athleticism of Fab, Gini, Milner, Henderson) and so he won't play Thiago and Keita in the same 11. And Thiago, for relatively obvious reasons, is preferred. I also suspect Keita's injuries have taken a toll on him physically, perhaps he's always been quite slow after the initial 5/10 yard burst of acceleration which he's still got in him but I wouldn't be surprised if he's lost a little bit in top speed and also lost something of his initial acceleration.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10344 on: May 10, 2021, 09:13:44 am »
Internet world options:

“He just needs time”
 “How can you judge him? He hasn’t played!”
 “All those saying ‘get rid’ are so awful. They’re not like me. I’m a much better LFC fan than them”

Real world option:

1. Admit you made a mistake, including not doing enough due diligence and not paying enough attention to reports that were coming out of Germany regarding attitudes and off-field behavior, and
2. Cut your losses, and move on.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #10345 on: May 10, 2021, 09:48:59 am »

Whether Matip gets over his injury issues or not, personally I'd be more than happy keeping him here until his contract is up, because he's consistently shown that he can come in cold with few issues (other than being more likely to get injured again of course!) and he'd be very difficult to replace. Central defenders with his skill-set don't grow on trees.

As a poster mentioned above, Keita has never established himself as a key player and is less consistent when he plays. He's far more replaceable - plenty of midfielders out there who can press and dribble if that's what we're looking for. Personally, think it's about time we focus more on what a midfielder brings on the ball than off it.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #10346 on: May 10, 2021, 10:59:59 am »
Internet world options:

“He just needs time”
 “All those saying ‘get rid’ are so awful. They’re not like me. I’m a much better LFC fan than them”

Real world option:

1. Admit you made a mistake, including not doing enough due diligence and not paying enough attention to reports that were coming out of Germany regarding attitudes and off-field behavior, and

You do realise what the primary job of a supporter is?

Hint: it's not to pick the team, decide who we buy/sell, saying "get rid" at every opportunity and actually welcoming that opportunity.

I don't like it with Keita, Ox and Matip. I didn't like it with Sturridge, I didn't like it with Lucas or Henderson, I didn't like it with Rafa.

I'm not saying that makes me a "better Liverpool fan" than you, but I am not sure you really get what being a supporter is.

If Klopp wants him gone (not convinced he does) then fair enough, but he doesn't deserve to be hounded out like some people here think is acceptable. He's had a few injuries (a knock sounds minor to me), he's not done anything to embarrass the club like Diouf or itandje did. Maybe you don't think he's good enough as a footballer (I disagree) but he still deserves respect.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10347 on: May 10, 2021, 11:01:58 am »
£53m we paid for him and he's been on the books for three years now.

Assuming he's on a five year deal then his ammortised value is £21.2m.

I'd imagine we'd be looking to sell him for something above that to show an accounting profit, even though we'll take a cash hit.

Probably achievable given that he's 26 and has shown glimpses of being something special. Maybe a £25m deal plus add-ons?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #10348 on: May 10, 2021, 11:03:41 am »
You do realise what the primary job of a supporter is?

Hint: it's not to pick the team, decide who we buy/sell, saying "get rid" at every opportunity and actually welcoming that opportunity.

I don't like it with Keita, Ox and Matip. I didn't like it with Sturridge, I didn't like it with Lucas or Henderson, I didn't like it with Rafa.

I'm not saying that makes me a "better Liverpool fan" than you, but I am not sure you really get what being a supporter is.

If Klopp wants him gone (not convinced he does) then fair enough, but he doesn't deserve to be hounded out like some people here think is acceptable. He's had a few injuries (a knock sounds minor to me), he's not done anything to embarrass the club like Diouf or itandje did. Maybe you don't think he's good enough as a footballer (I disagree) but he still deserves respect.

I don't see anyone hounding him out or being particularly disrespectful to be honest, so kindly step off the high horse. Three years is ample time for a £60m footballer to show his worth at a club; "cut your losses" as the poster you have quoted suggested we should do seems like a perfectly reasonable turn of phrase.

Football fans are allowed to chat about the future of the club, on and off the field.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10349 on: May 10, 2021, 04:57:04 pm »
I love how his price has gone up millions in just 2 posts :lmao

But yeah, nothing much disrespectful going on, considering the massive amount of frustration caused, it’s not like it’s a one off thing, and yes, not his fault with the constant injury issues. 

But the post Jason quoted - fair game that one, FLRed’s posts mostly are prickish, not sure what he/her’s issue is, but calling out how others support shouldn’t be something someone who loves to whinge and take digs at all and sundry should be doing.   

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10350 on: May 10, 2021, 05:40:47 pm »
I could see Naby doing great in a team like PSG. Lower pressure league like Ligue 1 to give him a bit of rest when needed, get him ready for the big CL games, French speaking, etc.

Love Naby and he has such a high ceiling - but I have a hunch he's going to realise it at another club. Too sad. Was really looking forward to the powerhouse Keita that went on mazy runs and scored beautiful goals for Leipzig.

Who knows - maybe we're all wrong. It would be very Klopp to persist for one more season and turn him into a success. The ceiling has always been world class with Keita.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #10351 on: May 10, 2021, 06:19:30 pm »
Its entirely possible to like him as a player but be concerned about the injuries, and Klopp not picking him for key games. I don't think anyone genuinely wants a player to fail, but when they're constantly injured or not delivering on the pitch then its reasonable to expect fans to ask questions about his future.

Despite the often polarising opinions on him, there's no doubt he's moving closer to the exit door. The talent is there and he's shown glimpses of what he can do, but Klopp doesn't seem to pick him regularly when he's fit, so his opportunities to get the run of games that he needs to win a regular place just aren't there.

The other problem is that he's not like a Sturridge where there were long periods of great performances before the injuries took their toll - he's been hit and miss since joining despite the early promise. With Jones knocking on the door (and 6 years younger), Wijnaldum possibly going, and Ox also injury prone, then next season is probably Keita's make or break season (no pun intended).

We can't rely on Keita for next season if Gini leaves. That will be a disaster. Any injury to Henderson/Thiago/Fab and we are basically screwed like the CB crisis this season.

We will definitely need to sign a starting 11 midfielder regardless Keita stays or not. Keita/Ox/Jones is simply not good enough as backup for a top club. First two are injury prone and have stagnated and Jones is a youngster. 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 06:22:21 pm by CalgarianRed »
True North Strong

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10352 on: May 10, 2021, 06:23:28 pm »

You'll know better than most on here that he wasn't injured much during his time in Germany. Klopp admitted a few months ago Joel was injured going into the season and chose to play due to the other injuries. Hopefully this long lay off allows the medical staff to get him 100%, he's too good to lose.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10353 on: May 10, 2021, 06:34:01 pm »
You'll know better than most on here that he wasn't injured much during his time in Germany. Klopp admitted a few months ago Joel was injured going into the season and chose to play due to the other injuries. Hopefully this long lay off allows the medical staff to get him 100%, he's too good to lose.

yeah I really hope that whatever issues have had time to properly heal for sure. it is frustrating, as indeed, he was anything but a crock at Schalke! From the time he became a regular, he was pretty much always available - he’d get a few games on the bench, but other than that he’d play.  Just one season he had issues - when he fractured his foot and was out a while. The season before he came to Liverpool he played every minute of every league game.

As you say he is too good to lose.  Just cross everything that he will be ok!  I gladly admit, I am a fully fledged member of the Joel Matip fan-club, and I am not ready to see him go  ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10354 on: May 10, 2021, 08:37:59 pm »
Internet world options:

“He just needs time”

Real world option:

This seems made up. Especially given how rigorous our vetting process is about attitudes and mentality.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10355 on: May 10, 2021, 08:42:51 pm »
This seems made up. Especially given how rigorous our vetting process is about attitudes and mentality.

It is made up.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10356 on: May 10, 2021, 09:13:40 pm »
It is made up.

Just the bolded part or the whole post?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #10357 on: May 10, 2021, 10:31:17 pm »

I'd like to see the evidence for the bolded part - or us it just made up?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10358 on: May 10, 2021, 10:42:31 pm »
I'll go out on a limb and say the whole lot.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10359 on: May 11, 2021, 12:07:12 am »
If shankly was in charge this guy would have been binned 2 years ago