Author Topic: George Sephton  (Read 28874 times)

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
George Sephton
« on: May 9, 2006, 12:32:34 am »
Have the club looked after this bloke this year?

Just been looking at the official site and seen that the shop staff have had tickets wasted on them yet again, hopefully the c*nts have seen fit to give the voice of anfield a ticket this time round?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: George Sephton
« Reply #1 on: May 9, 2006, 12:42:43 am »
Why is it so bad that shop staff get a ticket? Every job has its perks y'know.

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #2 on: May 9, 2006, 12:44:40 am »
They can get their own loyalty, unlike some, no? And a load of them are bluenoses anyway.

Anyway, thats not that I'm asking in this thread.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 9, 2006, 12:53:49 am »
If he is a club employee then won't he get tickets anyway?

Offline Ben S

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #4 on: May 9, 2006, 12:57:39 am »
You mean the same way he got tickets to go to Istanbul last year?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 9, 2006, 12:58:39 am »
You mean the same way he got tickets to go to Istanbul last year?

Eh? Pardon my ignorance, but did the club give store employees tickets to Istanbul but they didn't give George any?

Offline Ben S

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #6 on: May 9, 2006, 01:01:15 am »
Thats exactly what they did, gave evertonians working in the shops tickets, but ignored one of their most loyal servants.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 9, 2006, 01:06:33 am »
Thats exactly what they did, gave evertonians working in the shops tickets, but ignored one of their most loyal servants.

Fucking hell - that's just totally wrong, if club shop employees get tickets then so should all club employees!

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #8 on: May 9, 2006, 01:35:43 am »
I shagged that bird Emma that works in the Club Shop in Williamson Sq after the Derby in March, might give her a text and see what she's doing with that ticket cos if I remember correctly she told me she'd no interest in football.

Offline Fighting Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • I wouldn't ride her into battle !!!
« Reply #9 on: May 9, 2006, 02:16:29 am »
I shagged that bird Emma that works in the Club Shop in Williamson Sq after the Derby in March, might give her a text and see what she's doing with that ticket cos if I remember correctly she told me she'd no interest in football.

lololololololololololololololololol

Offline Maldini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 9, 2006, 03:15:02 am »
Apparently whoever was looking after the tickets screwed up the order and none of the stewards or development workers can go now

Offline gibber_blot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: May 9, 2006, 08:37:00 am »

Are you sure? I knew that he didn't go to Istanbul, but are you sure it was because the club didn't give him a ticket?

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 9, 2006, 08:38:59 am »
Are you sure? I knew that he didn't go to Istanbul, but are you sure it was because the club didn't give him a ticket?

Yes, he had always previously gone at the invitation of Uefa but they didn't invite him this time and the club didn't see fit to provide him with a ticket.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #13 on: May 9, 2006, 09:20:46 am »

You did her in Williamson square, i've heard of celebrating the Derby but thats filthy
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline ratcatcher

• Glass is often half-empty...and it's all Parry's fault
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 9, 2006, 09:52:50 am »
Better ask Parry or Moores why a long serving public figure at our club doesnt get a ticket!
These are my own opinions. They are not meant or intended as a criticism of anyone else's opinion just because they are different but if you can't see past that, then tough shit!

Offline Gilly La

• shite speller, secure wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
« Reply #15 on: May 9, 2006, 11:30:13 am »
Out of order if they dont.
FOLLER ME ON TWITTER YER WOOLS

@gillythinks

Offline game well and truly over

• Main Stander
  • Grow up, I haven't worn the shirt since I was 11
« Reply #16 on: May 9, 2006, 11:44:24 am »
Apparently whoever was looking after the tickets screwed up the order and none of the stewards or development workers can go now

The story is that the club has 450 agents, development workers and stewards. Someone only ordered 200 tickets to go around, so rather than upset anyone, they returned all of the tickets to the club. We might be one of the world's leading football clubs, but when it comes to administration, we're like fucking Grace Brothers.

Offline Mozza

• Anny Roader
  • B E L I E V E
« Reply #17 on: May 9, 2006, 11:52:34 am »

LOL.
That seems like a fair swap to me ! Everyone's happy. ;-)
With blindness you follow....

Offline foaty65

• Boys Pen
« Reply #18 on: May 9, 2006, 12:00:42 pm »
Super G is the dad of one of my best mates and I can confirm the club have NOT got him a ticket. He is now classed as a steward and therefore not entitled to one. So there you go. Over thirty years of service is now being overlooked BIG TIME. It's bad enough having that Phil East*n twatting around before the games and now this.

I can tell you, he's not a happy man, and neither are any of my mates.

FIND A TICKET FOR SUPER G!

Offline Gilly La

• shite speller, secure wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
« Reply #19 on: May 9, 2006, 12:01:44 pm »
when it comes to administration, we're like fucking Grace Brothers.

Dont you mean the Chuckle Brothers?
FOLLER ME ON TWITTER YER WOOLS

@gillythinks

Offline woozie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 9, 2006, 12:24:10 pm »
The story is that the club has 450 agents, development workers and stewards. Someone only ordered 200 tickets to go around, so rather than upset anyone, they returned all of the tickets to the club. We might be one of the world's leading football clubs, but when it comes to administration, we're like fucking Grace Brothers.

we are useless at anything like this, we are supposed to be a multi million pound business famous throughout the world. and we get all the simple things wrong.
PARRY OUT.

Offline kevindublin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 9, 2006, 12:34:19 pm »
Am i the only person who doesnt give a shit whether George has got a ticket or not

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #22 on: May 9, 2006, 12:36:35 pm »
Am i the only person who doesnt give a shit whether George has got a ticket or not
Probably. The bloke is there every single home game but can't get loyalty for himself. Don't you think it's unfair that he should be denied a final ticket?

I'd be pissed off if I were George. In fact, he probably robbed that post van full of tickets in a rage.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline docker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: May 9, 2006, 12:58:38 pm »
tell george, to ask any of the first team squad, who all recieved, wait for it, 64 tickets, each, pisses people off doesnt it, most of those tickets get sold on for the players pool?
block 107

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 9, 2006, 01:02:35 pm »
tell george, to ask any of the first team squad, who all recieved, wait for it, 64 tickets, each, pisses people off doesnt it, most of those tickets get sold on for the players pool?

Ha, buy off a tout and help Harry Kewell get 42" plasma for his dogs kennel

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #25 on: May 9, 2006, 01:05:00 pm »
I thought I read the players got 24 tickets...

Still George deserves one.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #26 on: May 9, 2006, 01:05:43 pm »
Ha, buy off a tout and help Harry Kewell get 42" plasma for his dogs kennel
Don't be daft mate.

Harry can afford a separate house for his dog.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Viva-Espania

• Kemlynite
  • I'd gladly share a jug of sangria with Luis
    • MY SPACE
« Reply #27 on: May 9, 2006, 01:07:05 pm »
At every final I see half of the ticket office staff with their mates yet loads of deservant people like george arent there, funny that,
 especially when it takes them 2 weeks to remember they received my application  :no
« Last Edit: May 9, 2006, 01:10:15 pm by Viva-Espania »
Living in Chelsea and fighting the good fight in the enemy's back yard!

Offline paulcompton

• Doesn't trust Rafa
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 9, 2006, 01:22:50 pm »

You aswell ?? shit

Offline AthaElvis

• Kopite
  • Vault 101 support Rafa too
« Reply #29 on: May 9, 2006, 04:05:09 pm »

I deny this vehemently.

I do like soccer - its the tight shorts.  And I've changed my number anyway, since you gave it to Murf
Quote from: Colin Murray, Fighting Talk, 19/05/07
"I'm sick of it.  I'm sick of seeing Liverpool beat teams like Barcelona, and the headlines in English papers read Barcelona lose, instead of Liverpool Win"

Too right, Colin, too right.

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: May 9, 2006, 04:48:46 pm »
Rumour has it he phoned and asked for a ticket but nobody could understand him. I don't think I've ever been in a place in the ground where I could actually understand a word he said.

But for playing the crazy frog at the TNS game at half time he has to be punished and if that punishment is missing the cup final then so be it, he has to learn.
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #31 on: May 9, 2006, 07:20:47 pm »
George is a part-time employee, and therefore doesn't get provided with a ticket for finals from the club. Read in his book thought that he usually got offered some work on the days of FA cup finals, pre-match announcing and stuff, so he managed to get in but not via the club.

There seems to be a case of double-standards from some people in this thread. Georgre presumably doesn't get his home games recorded on a fancard, and presumably didn't get a ticket for the semi either.  How many on here who are clamouring for George to get a ticket, have also stated in various threads that a fancard holder with two or three credits should get priority over a season ticket holder with one, regardless of how long they have held the ST?

Offline ratcatcher

• Glass is often half-empty...and it's all Parry's fault
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 9, 2006, 07:42:33 pm »

There seems to be a case of double-standards from some people in this thread. Georgre presumably doesn't get his home games recorded on a fancard, and presumably didn't get a ticket for the semi either.  How many on here who are clamouring for George to get a ticket, have also stated in various threads that a fancard holder with two or three credits should get priority over a season ticket holder with one, regardless of how long they have held the ST?

You are in essence quite correct there. The question of 'loyalty' by our club has been total cocked up by the fan card debacle. How is it STH's of many years standing miss out because some people went to 3 games? Bliddy disgrace.
These are my own opinions. They are not meant or intended as a criticism of anyone else's opinion just because they are different but if you can't see past that, then tough shit!

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #33 on: May 9, 2006, 07:46:21 pm »
I really don't think this is a major issue, All employees of the club should get this a benefit in kind, i can't imagine they're on mind blowing wages and pretty much every business does it, just as long as it was sensible 1 or 2 tickets per person
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline KTS

• Loves the mods so very much, especially on RAWK
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: May 9, 2006, 09:40:48 pm »
Hopefully I can clarify things a few things for you regarding stewards/George etc.

We are all part-time employees and effectively get sacked after every season and spend most of July waiting for the letter inviting us back. A normal orange coat gets around £27 before tax, red coats a bit more, deputy stewards more and head stewards more.

Stewards have to be at the ground at least 2 1/2 hours before kick-off, Head Stewards even earlier.

We don't get any credits for turning up, although our attendances are registered and in the likes of Cup Finals and Semis the stewards with the best attendance record are offered the chance of buying a ticket.

We were offered tickets for the Chelsea game, but this is the first time ever that we have not been offered tickets for a FA Cup Final.

For European games (ie Istanbul), we actually work for the travel agents (eg Lonsdales) who as payment for working for them give us flight, match ticket and accomodation. Yes that's a great perk I grant you.

But that's how it works for stewards. It's very similar for George, apart from working for Lonsdales :D

Has no opinion as it is normally wrong.

Offline 2dogs in LA

• Anny Roader
  • JUST A QUIET MAN SPREADING THE WORD
« Reply #35 on: May 9, 2006, 09:54:44 pm »
. It's very similar for George, apart from working for Lonsdales :D

Why won't Lonsdales use George?
First the Club shit on him AGAIN and now Lonsdales!!!!
That's it. First; Fuck Easton off and then switch to Thompsons or Club Med! 18-30 to Cardiff anyone?
WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM HOLD YOUR HEAD UP HIGH.

Offline Glorious Future

• Anny Roader
« Reply #36 on: May 9, 2006, 10:00:25 pm »
The stuff with the stewards has been going on for ages. The development office sent all tickets back for Istanbul, I believe, after an insulting and trouble making allocation, until someone stepped in.

The club seems to have its head up its arse, totally, over tickets.

And I don't mean to go over old ground, but when I know of supporters clubs all over the place getting 100's of tickets each for the final (for a lot of people who've cherry picked throughout the season), it's just twisted, really. Totally unfair.
Faith is a passionate intuition.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: May 9, 2006, 10:08:31 pm »
As posted above George hasn't been offered a ticket by the club.  With each member of the playing squad being given 24 tickets you'd think one of them could fucking sort him out with one.

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: May 9, 2006, 10:09:43 pm »
And I don't mean to go over old ground, but when I know of supporters clubs all over the place getting 100's of tickets each for the final (for a lot of people who've cherry picked throughout the season), it's just twisted, really. Totally unfair.

Can't say that about the one local to me. Only those with the appropriate credits are entitled to tickets and they sourced those credits off their own backs. Got no offer of tickets from the club etc.

Offline buckshee

• Sponsored by Apache Pizzas, Drumcondra
  • Kopite
  • I don't have a drink problem....honestly
« Reply #39 on: May 9, 2006, 10:19:52 pm »
When it boils down to the basics folks,   It's all the corporate / club / "FA Family" etc etc etc  tickets that eat into the amount thats allocated for the ordinary everyday PAYING punter of which I am one.

I spend thousands every year following the reds and I have no ticket despite an outlay of hundreds to get to Cardiff in the slim hope of aquiring one.  While I'm not totally without sympathy.....am I  wrong to not really be that sad ?????
"We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde