Author Topic: Uncle Kolo  (Read 53805 times)

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Re: Uncle Kolo
« Reply #200 on: June 10, 2016, 11:18:08 am »
Makes me laugh out loud every time I see that. ;D

Good luck and God bless Kolo! You're welcome back anytime. Hopefully one day you'll return to work for the club.
Love the fact he doesn't even look at him or help him back up!!   ;D ;D

"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: June 10, 2016, 11:27:12 am »
Kolo Toure's Liverpool exit will be confirmed today.

The Ivorian defender's contract at Anfield expires at the end of the month, and he has not been offered a new one.

Toure's name will be on the list of released players submitted by Liverpool to the Premier League, which will be published this afternoon.

The 35-year-old made 71 appearances for the Reds after joining on a free transfer from Manchester City in 2013, including 25 last season. His final outing for the club was the Europa League final in Basel last month.

The former Arsenal and Manchester City man stated after that game that he was still unsure of his future, but reiterated his desire to stay at the club.

“Of course I want to stay,” he said. “It's a great club to play in, but the manager has his plan and any decision I will respect. He is a top manager and he knows what he is doing."

Jurgen Klopp has already signed a centre back, Joel Matip, this summer and with teenager Joe Gomez to return to training for pre-season, and no European football to fill out the fixture list, the decision has been taken to let Toure, an influential and popular dressing-room figure, leave the club.

Liverpool considered offering Toure a coaching role with the club, but the player is keen to prolong his playing career and is now set to consider his options. Monaco have expressed an interest according to reports in France.

Other players set to feature on the released list later include Jose Enrique, Jerome Sinclair and Jordan Rossiter, all of whom have already left Anfield. Joao Carlos Teixeira is understood to have been offered a contract, but is expected to leave in search of regular first-team football.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-release-kolo-toure-today-11453530

Good luck to Kolo and the others :wave
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 11:32:06 am by Alphonse the Hammer »

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #202 on: June 10, 2016, 11:31:44 am »
Kolo Toure, man was I ever dubious when he signed. Was i ever proved wrong, I now have a lot of love for true professional and a good guy to boot. His last match for Liverpool? A superb Europa League Final performance while the rest of the team was losing its mind. He will be missed.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #203 on: June 10, 2016, 11:39:50 am »
Last of a generation of players who aren't just money and ego orientated (you listening Raheem)

We'll miss you :-(
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #204 on: June 10, 2016, 11:44:16 am »
All the best Kolo.  Never gave less than 200% and even when his legs were gone he still proved in Basel to have a better footballing brain than the rest of the back 5 combined.

My favourite Kolo memory has to be from the Fulham away game the title-chasing season, when he was picked as an experienced centre back presumably to settle everything down, and then played with the calmness of a kid with ADHD in a toystore at Xmas who had been given an endless supply of sugar.

It wasn't my favourite Kolo display at the time  :D  but nothing in that season made any sense at all, and it was after that game that I gave into the madness and embraced the dream, even if it meant the heartache to come would be harder.   

Knocking the referee over made perfect sense in that context.

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: June 10, 2016, 11:49:50 am »
All the best Kolo.  Never gave less than 200% and even when his legs were gone he still proved in Basel to have a better footballing brain than the rest of the back 5 combined.

My favourite Kolo memory has to be from the Fulham away game the title-chasing season, when he was picked as an experienced centre back presumably to settle everything down, and then played with the calmness of a kid with ADHD in a toystore at Xmas who had been given an endless supply of sugar.

It wasn't my favourite Kolo display at the time  :D  but nothing in that season made any sense at all, and it was after that game that I gave into the madness and embraced the dream, even if it meant the heartache to come would be harder.   

Knocking the referee over made perfect sense in that context.

I love that clip!

He thought he'd been transported into a game of bulldog for a minute.

He was our best player during his last game for us, great way to say goodbye, shame the result was shite.

I was really pleased when we signed him and he's been what I thought he would be.  He goes out on a high after a very good season.

Cheers Kolo, all the best  :thumbup
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 11:54:23 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #206 on: June 10, 2016, 11:55:48 am »
What a man. Always put his body on the line whenever needed. Thank you Kolo.

It honestly would've been great to have him stay with us as a coach. Best of luck to him!
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #207 on: June 10, 2016, 12:01:32 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZV6XURiLIt4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZV6XURiLIt4</a>

Will miss him!

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: June 10, 2016, 12:02:48 pm »
hope he returns back as a coach..

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: June 10, 2016, 12:04:01 pm »
He's been brilliant, sad to see him go, seemed like a great person to have around the club.

Put in some outstanding performances for us in his time here, good luck to him at his next club

It's funny some tried to claim we had no 'winners' in our squad with players like Toure and Milner at the club

Online Kenny19

• Anny Roader
  • Dreaming our dreams and drifting within
« Reply #210 on: June 10, 2016, 12:18:28 pm »
Thanks kolo for the passion, hope to see him back one day at lfc   coaching role or something

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #211 on: June 10, 2016, 12:21:21 pm »
good luck kolo,
brilliant professional and great attitude.
gave his all whenever asked.
its weird how some players come to mean so much to you, even if they weren't particularly talented (not saying kolo wasn't quality player) or successful - effort and attitude goes a long way with fans

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #212 on: June 10, 2016, 12:32:49 pm »
It's impressive that someone signed as a backup, and only with us for three seasons has made such a big impression.

Great guy, and in his day a great footballer.

It makes footballing sense, but still sad to part company.

Best of luck Kolo!
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #213 on: June 10, 2016, 12:38:45 pm »
Best of luck Kolo.

Who is going to sell the lads decent used cars now?
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: June 10, 2016, 12:41:37 pm »
I've always liked Kolo, always seemed like a thoroughly good and down to earth bloke. Quite rare traits for a modern footballer.

Yes, he's not the player he was but he's certainly still got an outstanding footballing brain.

As some have mentioned already, what an excellent last performance for us and will always be remembered for keeping his head when others lost theirs. Would be more than happy to see him come back into a coaching role for us.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: June 10, 2016, 12:52:15 pm »
Would have been great on the coaching staff, probably not quite ready for that. Has an infectious personality, wish him all the best in the future.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: June 10, 2016, 01:04:29 pm »
hope he returns back as a coach..

defensive or attacking? ;D

hope he loved his time here. pure ol defender. makes defending looks easy.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: June 10, 2016, 01:20:09 pm »
Aww gonna miss the big fella! He was loved.

Bit surprised actually seeing as he was a rock for us last year. But club must have decided he doesn't have it in him to deliver another season like that. Shame. Excellent player.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #218 on: June 10, 2016, 01:22:22 pm »
All the best Kolo, cult legend leaving the club!  :'(

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #219 on: June 10, 2016, 01:30:18 pm »
Best wishes & thankyou Kolo!

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: June 10, 2016, 01:32:36 pm »
Thank you Kolo!

He was really quite excellent this season, his best at the Club.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #221 on: June 10, 2016, 01:35:01 pm »
Noooooooo!!

So sad, Legend really for the club, not Steven Gerrard type Legend but a Legend nonetheless.

Will be sad to see him depart.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: June 10, 2016, 01:41:52 pm »
Shame he's going. He probably had another season in him, so you'd think they could have offered him one year. Maybe he didn't want that.

I wish him well, wherever he goes. He saved us a few times this season.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: June 10, 2016, 01:46:00 pm »
Can't blame him for turning down a coaching role if that is indeed the case.

The guy is clearly still good enough to be a Premiership level defender.

Hell, at a club that plays the way Leicester do he would do brilliantly and maybe he would even win the league again.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: June 10, 2016, 01:51:08 pm »
Not surprised if he's off. He did a really good job and was a real professional for us. It's just that Matip, Lovren and Sakho will be our main men next season. Plus we have Gomez and if the choice is between Gomez and Toure, we should go with the more long term option.

Hope Toure gets to play on at PL level, because he's good enough to do so.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: June 10, 2016, 02:01:29 pm »
Not surprised if he's off. He did a really good job and was a real professional for us. It's just that Matip, Lovren and Sakho will be our main men next season. Plus we have Gomez and if the choice is between Gomez and Toure, we should go with the more long term option.

Hope Toure gets to play on at PL level, because he's good enough to do so.

Latest reports suggest that AS Monaco are interested in signing him. He should be a good partner for the 38-year-old Carvalho who is still doing well there. Spending the twilight years of a great career in Monte Carlo is not a bad scenario, and Kolo certainly deserves it.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #226 on: June 10, 2016, 02:12:39 pm »
You'd think that with the fiasco of not having any defenders during the winter, and having to go to QPR for an emergency loan for Steven Caulker, that the club would have learned its lesson. I know I'll get shot down for saying this, but they've dropped the ball on this one. Unless, of course, Kolo just couldn't bear the thought of not playing regularly and is sussing out his options for elsewhere. In which case I entirely respect his decision.

I often don't get the whole cult of personality thing for a player, but for Kolo I'll make an exception. The story about him taking out Arsene Wenger with a tackle during his trial at Arsenal still makes me giggle. Committed, talented, professional. One man doesn't make the team but he'll leave big shoes to fill in the dressing room. A sad day.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #227 on: June 10, 2016, 02:15:36 pm »
Such a shame he has to go  :'(
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: June 10, 2016, 02:21:18 pm »
You'd think that with the fiasco of not having any defenders during the winter, and having to go to QPR for an emergency loan for Steven Caulker, that the club would have learned its lesson.

Strange post.

1. Kolo was on a lot of money. You cannot keep someone on a big contract just in case we have an injury crisis.

2. We played a lot more matches last season than we will next season.

3. Caulker wasn't actually needed. Other than a couple of late substitute appearances and a cup start, he didn't feature.

3. Who knows, maybe we will sign another defender.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #229 on: June 10, 2016, 02:27:22 pm »
Love the fact he doesn't even look at him or help him back up!!   ;D ;D

No time for that, Kolo has to get back in position.  ;D
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #230 on: June 10, 2016, 02:37:24 pm »
Awful shame to see him go, actually. Stuck around here for a lot longer than I thought he would as well!

A nice move abroad to the MLS for one last big pay day and some time in the sun. Maybe  he'll link up with Stevie at LA Galaxy?

Offline jdegner

• Main Stander
  • LOVREN 90+1
« Reply #231 on: June 10, 2016, 03:17:08 pm »
Proper player, despite his age gave his all. An example for the younger generation.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 03:18:42 pm by jdegner »

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #232 on: June 10, 2016, 03:32:17 pm »
Best of luck Uncle Kolo! Had quite a good season, all things considered - and even in the twilight years of his career, he gave his all for the shirt. Hope he comes back as a coach in the future :)

Gonna miss that infectious smile though ;D

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: June 10, 2016, 03:43:19 pm »
Kolo Toure, man was I ever dubious when he signed. Was i ever proved wrong, I now have a lot of love for true professional and a good guy to boot. His last match for Liverpool? A superb Europa League Final performance while the rest of the team was losing its mind. He will be missed.

My thoughts too. Was very sceptical to this signing. Proved me - and others, way wrong. Thanks Kolo and good luck.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #234 on: June 10, 2016, 03:46:30 pm »
Thank You, Kolo!

Glad he wore our shirt, the guy is pure class and very professional. Would not mind seeing him in a staff capacity to be honest!

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #235 on: June 10, 2016, 03:48:45 pm »
Going to miss him.

Kolo was great.

Good luck Uncle Kolo

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #236 on: June 10, 2016, 03:52:39 pm »
Thanks and good luck

Offline il_principino

• Main Stander
  • You will never walk alone!
« Reply #237 on: June 10, 2016, 03:57:48 pm »
Not only a model professional, but a passionate player. The boys will miss him in the dressing room.

I remember the way he carried a sobbing suarez after the palace debacle. Plus his off the pitch charity for ivory coast.

Fantastic guy overall. Thanks and Good luck Kolo!  :wave
---Aesthetic is everything------

Offline MrEazi1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: June 10, 2016, 03:58:56 pm »
Will miss the "calm down" gestures to his teammates after blamming a wild clearance into the stands...

And the mad mazy run on debut vs Stoke.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: June 10, 2016, 04:27:06 pm »
A big shame that he's gone, but good luck to him in the future.