Author Topic: Sony PlayStation 4  (Read 506284 times)

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
Re: Sony PlayStation 4
« Reply #8240 on: August 15, 2018, 10:09:31 am »
Sooooo I bought Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 Remastered for £4 each on PSN when I saw the sale they had on... I am "that guy" who has never played Uncharted before... but now I have finished the first one and am already on the second one, I really like them actually, the story of the first one was cool and the second one is shaping up to be interesting (just got to the part where you meet Elena and her camera dude Jeff (my name-a Jeeeeeeeeff)

Loving it so far!  :D :D

Just quoting myself to follow up on this - these games were amazing, finished off with 4 which was incredible and a big step in cinematics and graphics too... love love loved them games.

New big fan, but... Now what!?!?

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8241 on: August 15, 2018, 01:07:42 pm »
Haven't played unchartered myself but I have played the new Tomb Raider games and they are very very good and I believe they are a similar style if you're looking for more of the same

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #8242 on: August 15, 2018, 01:21:23 pm »
Just quoting myself to follow up on this - these games were amazing, finished off with 4 which was incredible and a big step in cinematics and graphics too... love love loved them games.

New big fan, but... Now what!?!?

the Last of Us.

It's like Uncharted... but good.  :P

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8243 on: August 15, 2018, 01:28:06 pm »
Can you not get Plex? Don't know whether it's different to the Xbox but Plex on the One has no issues with .mkv files even with subtitles. If not, VLC? Don't know what's available on PS4

Tried Plex and didn't like it

Not sure why I need to try anything else now as Serviio is great.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #8244 on: August 15, 2018, 01:33:37 pm »
the Last of Us.

It's like Uncharted... but good.  :P

Already played and finished that a multitude of times. But yeah, amazing game to be fair.

Haven't played unchartered myself but I have played the new Tomb Raider games and they are very very good and I believe they are a similar style if you're looking for more of the same

Gonna get the latest Tomb Raider, I played the first reboot in what, 2014 and I see theres now Rise of the Tomb raider which is the sequel to said reboot and so cheap on PSN so will get on that, thanks!

Also, anyone who played R6: Siege or H1Z1 let me know, I might get H1Z1 (already have Siege)

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #8245 on: August 16, 2018, 01:20:25 pm »
Already played and finished that a multitude of times. But yeah, amazing game to be fair.

Gonna get the latest Tomb Raider, I played the first reboot in what, 2014 and I see theres now Rise of the Tomb raider which is the sequel to said reboot and so cheap on PSN so will get on that, thanks!

Also, anyone who played R6: Siege or H1Z1 let me know, I might get H1Z1 (already have Siege)
Rise of the Tomb Raider is great, but a lot of people have some justified complaints. My only one is that at certain points it attempts to create a kind of "hub", where you will have one main location with loads of areas connected to it. I know that doesn't necessarily sound like a bad thing, but combined with a stupendously cluttered map system it can sometimes be a bit annoying. Uncharted is a lot cleaner for that kind of presentation. That's about it though, I really enjoyed the game.

I'd check out Uncharted - The Lost Legacy too if you loved the other four. Don't be put off by the fact that Nathan Drake isn't in it, that didn't bother me in the slightest when playing. It's essentially a scaled down version of Uncharted 4. Stunning looking as you would expect.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8246 on: August 16, 2018, 04:24:35 pm »
Rise of the Tomb Raider is great, but a lot of people have some justified complaints. My only one is that at certain points it attempts to create a kind of "hub", where you will have one main location with loads of areas connected to it. I know that doesn't necessarily sound like a bad thing, but combined with a stupendously cluttered map system it can sometimes be a bit annoying.

I'm same as PhilV and have played the first TR. Need to play 'Rise' next.

I thought the map system on the first Tomb Raider reboot was a little cluttered too to be honest.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #8247 on: August 16, 2018, 06:57:48 pm »
I thought the map system on the first Tomb Raider reboot was a little cluttered too to be honest.
That's nothing compared to Rise. Here's one area.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8248 on: August 17, 2018, 10:58:36 am »
Anyone spotted any deals on the Pro? Looking to snap one up for Red dead.

£350 with a game is the best i've spotted so far.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #8249 on: August 17, 2018, 11:05:36 am »
Rise of the Tomb Raider is great, but a lot of people have some justified complaints. My only one is that at certain points it attempts to create a kind of "hub", where you will have one main location with loads of areas connected to it. I know that doesn't necessarily sound like a bad thing, but combined with a stupendously cluttered map system it can sometimes be a bit annoying. Uncharted is a lot cleaner for that kind of presentation. That's about it though, I really enjoyed the game.

I'd check out Uncharted - The Lost Legacy too if you loved the other four. Don't be put off by the fact that Nathan Drake isn't in it, that didn't bother me in the slightest when playing. It's essentially a scaled down version of Uncharted 4. Stunning looking as you would expect.

Ok I will check out Lost Legacy too, Claudia Black is cool so I don't mind Nathan Drake not being in it.

I got Rise of the Tomb raider for like £12 I think with the 3 add ons that came out, it was the 20th anniversary version on PSN, I love discovering good games but late, they get so cheap, next one is deffo Middle-earth: Shadow of War - I enjoyed the first one but not enough to grab the second on release, it's now cheap too, woohoo, sales rule.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #8250 on: August 20, 2018, 02:45:30 pm »
Enjoying the latest Tomb Raider - playing on Survivor difficulty and just in Siberia now, very cool so far.

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #8251 on: August 22, 2018, 09:53:31 am »
Anyone spotted any deals on the Pro? Looking to snap one up for Red dead.

£350 with a game is the best i've spotted so far.

I got 1 for £200 on gumtree lad

Just message a few people offering £200.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8252 on: August 27, 2018, 05:45:56 pm »
Anyone on NBA 2K18 and fancy helping me with getting an online trophy by any chance?

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8253 on: August 28, 2018, 07:42:30 pm »
Anyone else love the Onimusha series years back? Capcom are re-releasing the first one across the board in Jan:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/28/17791080/onimusha-warlords-hd-release-date-ps4-nintendo-switch-xbox-one-trailer-watch

Bit tight they’re not doing it as a bundle for all 3, but I reckon I’ll still get this I loved the originals.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8254 on: August 28, 2018, 07:49:54 pm »
Yea I loved the original

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8255 on: August 29, 2018, 04:58:52 pm »
Destiny 2 and GOW3 remastered are the PS Plus games.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8256 on: August 29, 2018, 05:17:32 pm »
Destiny 2 and GOW3 remastered are the PS Plus games.

Wow, that's a great month.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8257 on: August 29, 2018, 06:21:13 pm »
Destiny 2 is available now.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #8258 on: September 4, 2018, 09:46:53 am »
Anyone else love the Onimusha series years back? Capcom are re-releasing the first one across the board in Jan:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/28/17791080/onimusha-warlords-hd-release-date-ps4-nintendo-switch-xbox-one-trailer-watch

Bit tight they’re not doing it as a bundle for all 3, but I reckon I’ll still get this I loved the originals.

AWESOME!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8259 on: September 11, 2018, 11:40:04 am »
Any news on the PS5 yet?  I'm thinking of upgrading to a Pro because my PS4 is slowly dying on me but don't want to do that if the PS5 is only round the corner.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #8260 on: September 11, 2018, 11:59:51 am »
Any news on the PS5 yet?  I'm thinking of upgrading to a Pro because my PS4 is slowly dying on me but don't want to do that if the PS5 is only round the corner.

Not due for at least a year it seems, probably longer.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8261 on: September 11, 2018, 03:03:06 pm »

People are guessing on a fall 2020 release at the earliest.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8262 on: September 11, 2018, 03:37:44 pm »
That sounds good, looks like I'll be picking up a Pro.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8263 on: October 3, 2018, 01:14:22 pm »
Can anyone give me advice on the audio output settings on the PS4?

I’ve got a soundbar connected to the TV via Optical cable. The tv audio settings are set to PCM. The audio output settings are Digitial Output instead of HDMI and then I’ve got DTS ticked and bitstream DTS. I’ve been googling it but nobody seems to know the definitive answer.

Should it be HDMI instead and set to PCM on the PS4 too?

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8264 on: October 4, 2018, 02:55:38 pm »
PS Plus November games have been revealed early as Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition and Yakuza Kiwami.

Will definitely get both, that's a good month.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #8265 on: October 8, 2018, 05:22:44 pm »
PS Plus November games have been revealed early as Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition and Yakuza Kiwami.

The current month is terrible, the only time i've not bothered to download any of the offers.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8266 on: October 11, 2018, 08:47:35 am »
We're going to be able to change our PSN usernames in 2019.  Finally.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8267 on: October 11, 2018, 07:27:00 pm »
We're going to be able to change our PSN usernames in 2019.  Finally.

My kid will be delighted at that. He had a proper meltdown a couple of years ago as he couldn't do it.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8268 on: October 11, 2018, 07:33:50 pm »
My kid will be delighted at that. He had a proper meltdown a couple of years ago as he couldn't do it.

Haha yeah I've wanted to change mine for a couple of years now, think the first change is free and you pay for the next one.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8269 on: October 16, 2018, 07:57:59 pm »
I don’t like that they give you the option to change your name. I love playing against Messi_Ronaldoboy95, sIcC_quIcKsCoPe_KiLlaH and skaterbOii_97 knowing that they are adults now.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8270 on: October 16, 2018, 10:07:40 pm »
I don’t like that they give you the option to change your name. I love playing against Messi_Ronaldoboy95, sIcC_quIcKsCoPe_KiLlaH and skaterbOii_97 knowing that they are adults now.

will be good to change mine to FiSh010619 though when we win the European Cup next year, had the 250505 one for way too long now ;D

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8271 on: October 17, 2018, 10:40:43 am »
did anyone else get an email today saying you can have 3 months of netflix for free and then try to claim it and it says 'sorry, you're not eligible for this offer' ?

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #8272 on: October 17, 2018, 01:19:28 pm »

That's great for me, not played either of those so I'm chuffed with that, I had been told Bulletstorm is a good laugh too

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #8273 on: October 17, 2018, 08:58:22 pm »

I seen news over the last couple of days saying there was a leak and it maybe set for a shock release next year maybe Christmas.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8274 on: October 17, 2018, 09:25:06 pm »
I seen news over the last couple of days saying there was a leak and it maybe set for a shock release next year maybe Christmas.

That's not too bad, picked up the Pro a month or so ago.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8275 on: October 21, 2018, 09:29:46 pm »
Day’s Gone pushed back from February 2019 to April 2019.

Makes sense as Feb is stacked.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #8276 on: October 25, 2018, 09:55:34 pm »
HELP....  :mindblown
PS4 (not mine-mates son) got that 'won't start'.. Safe Mode-software update via usb thingy..  :butt   i fix PC's laptops etc but this is just outta my remit  ;D
i said i'd have a look at it... downloaded system update, put on usb drive (format fat32) in PS4 folder/update etc.. but will not install update (400mb)
want full system update (1gb) but that will wipe everything from PS4 i believe ?.. has loads of 'Fortnite' game stuff on PS4..
will it not just reinstall all 'Fortnite' stuff from PS Network account ?
anyway... you'll know more than me (i hope)  8)
Any help or pointers would be great... Thanks Hixx..  :boxhead
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8277 on: October 26, 2018, 07:17:00 am »
Any previously purchased DLC will be available to re-download after the software has been re-installed. If he had it enabled, then saved game data from other games will be available to download as well.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8278 on: October 26, 2018, 07:38:56 am »
if the saves aren't backed up the the cloud, well he's lost them anyway - just explain that.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #8279 on: October 26, 2018, 02:30:04 pm »
If you have a spare hard drive, you could swap that in, do the updates, then see what happens if you try putting it back.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA