Author Topic: Sony PlayStation 4  (Read 505872 times)

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Sony PlayStation 4
« Reply #8120 on: January 25, 2018, 11:44:11 am »
it's looking good, that's if you can put up with the fella playing it ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CEWi6XKzD1Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CEWi6XKzD1Y</a>

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8121 on: January 25, 2018, 10:25:18 pm »
Having problems with the PSN recently. Last few days it says im appearing offline and struggles to load my friends list. Tonight its stopped me playing fifa online too. Anyone else having problems?

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8122 on: January 26, 2018, 10:29:44 am »
I’ve had a few issues this week as well on PSN.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8123 on: January 26, 2018, 10:39:05 am »
Not noticed any issues my end. Played fifa yesterday for quite a bit too and we signed in okay.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #8124 on: January 26, 2018, 12:12:31 pm »
Yeah had issues with looking at my friends list and trophy lists.

Moved away from wireless now and just plug an ethernet cable into the router. Seems to cut out most of the errors but this week has been bad

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8125 on: January 26, 2018, 03:28:37 pm »
psn network is chronic at times, seems to run at around 2-4mb download speeds, with or without a network cable. puts me right off digital purchases.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8126 on: January 26, 2018, 05:50:06 pm »
Completely down for me.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8127 on: January 26, 2018, 11:01:01 pm »
Signing out and in seems to have helped mine!

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8128 on: January 27, 2018, 08:39:12 am »
psn network is chronic at times, seems to run at around 2-4mb download speeds, with or without a network cable. puts me right off digital purchases.

Really? Can’t say I’ve ever had it run slow. There have been times (maybe once a year on average when I want to play)  when it has been down altogether but never slow when it’s up.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline has gone odd

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8129 on: January 27, 2018, 10:21:11 am »
Really? Can’t say I’ve ever had it run slow. There have been times (maybe once a year on average when I want to play)  when it has been down altogether but never slow when it’s up.

yep, friend who lives about 15 miles away says exact same, both on full speed fibre. ive had 40gb worth of prey downloading for about 2 weeks. i play the ps4 around 2-3 hours 3 times a week .. ish. really slow and thats a normal and typical situation. i get rare speed boosts and can maybe nab 2 or 3 gig in half an hour.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8130 on: January 28, 2018, 06:51:25 pm »
yep, friend who lives about 15 miles away says exact same, both on full speed fibre. ive had 40gb worth of prey downloading for about 2 weeks. i play the ps4 around 2-3 hours 3 times a week .. ish. really slow and thats a normal and typical situation. i get rare speed boosts and can maybe nab 2 or 3 gig in half an hour.

I wonder if your ISP is throttling you at these times because that’s not normal. I’ve had BT Infinity and Virgin and not had any issues that you’re having. Have you tried downloading something big on your PC at these times to see if it’s just the PS4 or your internet?
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8131 on: January 28, 2018, 06:56:15 pm »
My PSN was being a pain in the arse all through the day, couldn't get any online games going at all.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8132 on: January 28, 2018, 06:59:42 pm »
My PSN was being a pain in the arse all through the day, couldn't get any online games going at all.

Yeah mine too, seems to be a major outage worldwide.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #8133 on: January 28, 2018, 08:27:58 pm »
Is the network still down?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8134 on: January 28, 2018, 08:36:55 pm »
Is the network still down?

Seems ok for me now.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline has gone odd

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8135 on: January 29, 2018, 10:44:21 am »
I wonder if your ISP is throttling you at these times because that’s not normal. I’ve had BT Infinity and Virgin and not had any issues that you’re having. Have you tried downloading something big on your PC at these times to see if it’s just the PS4 or your internet?

Its definitely the PS4, PC downloads are spot on. Am on BT Infinity as well which is generally quite reliable and stable. Ahh well, I learn to live with it, just a pain when you want to dive into a game and find there is a 8gb patch!

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #8136 on: January 29, 2018, 11:34:18 am »
Monster Hunter is fucking boss.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #8137 on: January 29, 2018, 03:18:16 pm »
The Shadow of the Colossus remaster looks lovely. Didn't play the first one so really excited to play it.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8138 on: January 29, 2018, 08:43:02 pm »
The Shadow of the Colossus remaster looks lovely. Didn't play the first one so really excited to play it.

First game i have ever pre-ordered!

Looking forward to playing it

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #8139 on: January 30, 2018, 09:06:50 am »

First game i have ever pre-ordered!

Looking forward to playing it

I've pre-ordered it as well. With my amazon prime discount basically worked out at £20, definitely worth getting for that price.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8140 on: January 30, 2018, 10:43:01 am »
Monster Hunter is fucking boss.

Just read the blurb on this and it does sound good.

Gameplay sounds very similar to Dark Souls to be honest.

I take it the graphics are out of this world?

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8141 on: January 31, 2018, 03:43:31 pm »
Rime and Knack the two PS Plus games for February apparently, or meh and meh as I like to call them*

*yes I know they are free and I am in no way being entitled, but they just seem like two uninspiring choices.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8142 on: February 6, 2018, 09:42:39 am »

I've pre-ordered it as well. With my amazon prime discount basically worked out at £20, definitely worth getting for that price.

Released tomorrow mate.

I suppose ours will drop through the letterbox on Thursday?

Can't wait :)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #8143 on: February 6, 2018, 10:06:41 am »

Released tomorrow mate.

I suppose ours will drop through the letterbox on Thursday?

Can't wait :)

Doubt I'll play it straight away. Still loving Monster Hunter World at the moment and mixing the two might get confusing.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8144 on: February 6, 2018, 10:18:50 am »
Doubt I'll play it straight away. Still loving Monster Hunter World at the moment and mixing the two might get confusing.

Yeah good idea.  Reading the Monster Hunter World thread makes me really want to go out and buy it but going to wait until I've played Colossus first.

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8145 on: February 7, 2018, 08:29:16 pm »
Anyone have PS Now? Is it worth the monthly outlay? I have the week's trial of it at the moment and seems a good deal, but wanted to check with others.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8146 on: February 7, 2018, 09:01:54 pm »
Anyone have PS Now? Is it worth the monthly outlay? I have the week's trial of it at the moment and seems a good deal, but wanted to check with others.

It's shite ;)

Don't know why people ask questions like this, it's got a trial so you can check it out to make sure it works OK on your connection which is the most important thing, you've tried it already so you know if it works OK, whether it's worth the monthly sub or not is up to you, you can see the library so if the performance is good and there's games you want to play then why need someone else's opinion? :)

Offline Wullie160975

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8147 on: February 7, 2018, 10:35:05 pm »
Thanks for that 'helpful' advice.

How often are games added? Which games are added (e.g ones from PS Plus the next month)? Are they of a decent level? A few look like they could keep me entertained for a few months from a selection of 450+ but how about in 6 months (will there be the same ones or another 6 or another 20)?

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8148 on: February 8, 2018, 07:30:50 am »
they add a few each month, think 12 have been added this month plus a few ps3 games have been upgraded to the ps4 versions but some months might be more while some months might be less, it's impossible to say how many games will be added in the future and what standard they are plus in the t&c's they've protected themselves with a "*service can change anytime" type comment, when it first launched it was full of shovelware with no aaa titles but a lot of decent stuff has been added since, the ps4 games available seem to be a mix of indies & games that have been available as ps+ freebies

if you've not already played them then you'd easily get your moneys worth from the likes of uncharted 1-3, the bioshock trilogy, the borderlands trilogy, the last of us, the batman games & red dead redemption + undead nightmare, although most of those have ps4 remasters that you can pick up cheaper than a months sub so if you were only interested in the bioshock trilogy for instance it'd be cheaper just to get the remaster and play it at your own pace instead of feeling rushed to get through all 3 games in a month to get your money's worth

like i said, it's your decision, you can see what's already there and what you fancy playing, what gets added in the future is anybody's guess but there's plenty there so you might find the odd hidden gem or two that you wouldn't have played otherwise plus i think it's a rolling subscription so you can cancel anytime

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #8149 on: February 8, 2018, 08:49:16 am »
My PS4 Pro disc drive/laser is fucking going, I am really annoyed as it's fairly new, only got it Christmas 2016 or thereabouts! In fairness I never since owning a PSX had any hardware issues with that, PS2 or PS3 and 4 but I guess eventually one had to go.

Currently alternating between having it horizontal and then vertigal to keep it going (apparently this deffo means its the drive and/or it's laser) so I am seeing how much SONY want to fix it.

Offline Wullie160975

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8150 on: February 8, 2018, 08:28:57 pm »
they add a few each month, think 12 have been added this month plus a few ps3 games have been upgraded to the ps4 versions but some months might be more while some months might be less, it's impossible to say how many games will be added in the future and what standard they are plus in the t&c's they've protected themselves with a "*service can change anytime" type comment, when it first launched it was full of shovelware with no aaa titles but a lot of decent stuff has been added since, the ps4 games available seem to be a mix of indies & games that have been available as ps+ freebies

if you've not already played them then you'd easily get your moneys worth from the likes of uncharted 1-3, the bioshock trilogy, the borderlands trilogy, the last of us, the batman games & red dead redemption + undead nightmare, although most of those have ps4 remasters that you can pick up cheaper than a months sub so if you were only interested in the bioshock trilogy for instance it'd be cheaper just to get the remaster and play it at your own pace instead of feeling rushed to get through all 3 games in a month to get your money's worth

like i said, it's your decision, you can see what's already there and what you fancy playing, what gets added in the future is anybody's guess but there's plenty there so you might find the odd hidden gem or two that you wouldn't have played otherwise plus i think it's a rolling subscription so you can cancel anytime

Thanks Fish. That's the kind of info I was looking for really.

Looking through them, they have a good range of titles that would suit me and my son (eight) for not a horrendous cost (I currently have PS+ as part of getting Star Wars Battlefront last year for father day, so from June this year I'd have to pay ~6.99 a month anyway).
« Last Edit: February 9, 2018, 09:48:47 am by Wullie160975 »

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8151 on: February 9, 2018, 01:20:54 pm »
Played and defeated the first 2 Colossi on the new 'Shadow of the Colossus'

Having never played the original this is a massive learning curve for me as even the early beasts are quite tricky, but I'm starting to get used to the controls and at least learning how to stay on the Colossi without getting thrown off all the time

Good fun so far and a nice game to look at.

Its obviously gonna get much harder though. Bring it on :)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #8152 on: February 28, 2018, 06:38:49 pm »
PS+ going PS4 only as of March next year. No more PS3 or Vita games.

You still get to keep the games bought under PS+ (as long as you keep paying for it)

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8153 on: February 28, 2018, 07:01:53 pm »
Not really arsed as I never play my ps vita or ps3 anymore. On the plus side bloodborne on ps plus next month!

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8154 on: February 28, 2018, 09:33:35 pm »
Must be lining up a PS5 release for 2020 then.

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
« Reply #8155 on: March 6, 2018, 08:32:11 pm »

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #8156 on: March 7, 2018, 01:48:11 pm »
Might be getting a new boxing game soon. Although with Floyd Mayweather making it, not sure how authentic it'll feel compared to EA Fight Night.

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2018/03/05/floyd-mayweather-jr-says-he-is-currently-working-on-a-new-boxing-video-game/&refURL=https://www.google.co.uk/&referrer=https://www.google.co.uk/

Fight Night Champion came out in 2011. Unbelievable that there has been nothing since.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8157 on: March 7, 2018, 06:00:17 pm »
Fight Night Champion came out in 2011. Unbelievable that there has been nothing since.

EA said that because UFC was on the rise, they were focusing on that and that Boxing games just aren’t as viable anymore.

They’ve played a blinder tbf, because now everyone wants another boxing game as the UFC hype has dropped.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8158 on: March 7, 2018, 07:12:11 pm »
I love MMA (UFC in particular) but I’ve never really liked the games. Absolutely loved FN3, and the most recent one they were so good.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8159 on: March 10, 2018, 10:04:28 am »
Just pre-ordered Far Cry 5. Price was pretty steep at £65! Haven't read much about the game but I know that you can do missions in co-op mode. Last one I played was Far Cry 3 and I really enjoyed that one.