Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3471724 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #55360 on: November 29, 2022, 06:45:01 pm »
You should watch The Vvitch if you want to watch a great film :P

Not into Horrors good movies if I'm honest Hazell

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #55361 on: November 29, 2022, 06:48:17 pm »

Can we at least call it The Witch?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #55362 on: November 29, 2022, 06:53:30 pm »
Vere can one vatch the vitch?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55363 on: November 29, 2022, 07:04:08 pm »
Can we at least call it The Witch?

But I like calling it by its official name, it makes is sound cooler.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55364 on: November 30, 2022, 07:00:11 am »
Vvitch film is this? From 2015?

Google says it's on Disney+. Can't check at the moment so might give it a try. Got Anna Taylor-Joy in this as well?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 07:02:13 am by The G in Get Hard »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #55365 on: November 30, 2022, 10:23:39 am »
But I like calling it by its official name, it makes is sound cooler.

Sounds a lot more sinister as well.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55366 on: November 30, 2022, 01:24:50 pm »
Vvitch film is this? From 2015?

Google says it's on Disney+. Can't check at the moment so might give it a try. Got Anna Taylor-Joy in this as well?

Yeah, it's got Anya Taylor-Joy in it. And Finchy from The Office.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55367 on: November 30, 2022, 09:53:51 pm »
Watched ‘Ambulance’, mainly because I saw that Jake Gyllenhaal was in it. What I didn’t know and didn’t notice during the starting credits was that it is a Michael Bay film. Watched almost 40 minutes and switched it off. It was an awful 40 minutes and Bay is fucking terrible.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #55368 on: November 30, 2022, 10:02:52 pm »
Just back from seeing Glass Onion, the new Knives Out film. It’s wonderful, very funny, very twisty and loads of unexpected cameos. Kate Hudson and Janelle Monae are fantastic. Only in the cinemas for another few days but it’s on Netflix at Christmas.
Annoyed that I can’t see it at the cinema

Knives out  was superb fun.  Craig excellent, but so many brilliant cameos … things aren’t quite the same on the small screen.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #55369 on: December 1, 2022, 04:39:30 am »

You should watch "The Witch: Part One - The Subversion" if you want to watch a great film. Kim Da-mi is spectacular in it. Should still be on Netflix.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #55370 on: December 1, 2022, 06:10:44 am »
The trailer for Cocaine Bear makes it look like so much fun.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OsIBBCHt3Xo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OsIBBCHt3Xo</a>
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55371 on: December 1, 2022, 06:31:11 am »
Yeah, it's got Anya Taylor-Joy in it. And Finchy from The Office.
Both are in Northman. I can't find this film without buying or renting it ;D

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #55372 on: December 1, 2022, 09:51:48 pm »
Still doesn't seem like an Indiana Jones film

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZfVYgWYaHmE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZfVYgWYaHmE</a>

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #55373 on: December 1, 2022, 10:42:52 pm »
Liked the new Indiana Jones  trailer looks a lot of fun not so sure, about Guardians of the galaxy 3 trailer kind of feels a bit depressing for some reason.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #55374 on: December 1, 2022, 10:52:08 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZfVYgWYaHmE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZfVYgWYaHmE</a>
Just like with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, everything looks like it’s been (badly) green-screened within an inch of its life.  Why does everything look so fake compared to the original trilogy? 

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55375 on: December 1, 2022, 11:11:04 pm »
Cociane Bear looks ridiculous.

Cannot wait to see that.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #55376 on: December 2, 2022, 12:31:59 am »
Indiana Jones and the Cocaine Bear?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55377 on: December 2, 2022, 03:47:16 pm »
Just like with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, everything looks like it’s been (badly) green-screened within an inch of its life.  Why does everything look so fake compared to the original trilogy?
Because it is. The original trilogy was so good because real sets, practical effects and miniatures were used. They were still using stop motion in The Last Crusade in 1989 and CGI was in its infancy.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #55378 on: December 2, 2022, 09:41:04 pm »

The clip at the end is brilliant though….

References the classic scene in raiders.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55379 on: December 3, 2022, 11:52:14 pm »
Just back from watching The Menu, another Anya Taylor Joy film. Absolutely bonkers, very (darkly) funny and some pertinent points about privilege and wealth. One of those films that it’s best going in blind as it becomes quite the ride.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55380 on: December 4, 2022, 12:07:57 am »
Really enjoyed Amsterdam but then I'd watch both Taylor-Joy and Margot white wash a giant wall for 2 hours.

Has shit scores on all the sites but I'd ignore them if you just fancy something decent to watch.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #55381 on: December 4, 2022, 01:00:48 pm »
Apocalypse Now (Final Cut) is on iPlayer. Wanted to watch the opening scene again and then ended up watching the whole thing. I think there’s a difference between your favourite film and what you consider to be the best film, if that makes sense. Apocalypse Now is probably in my top five favourite films, but I consider it to be the absolute best ever. Every time I watch it I become more sure of that.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #55382 on: December 4, 2022, 05:10:47 pm »
I remember Elizabeth Moss talking about Cocaine Bear on the Smartless pod, about 18 months ago and I genuinely thought about it so much since then!

Looking forward to that.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55383 on: December 4, 2022, 08:10:25 pm »
The Batman - with Pattinson. Was great. Exceeded expectations.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #55384 on: December 4, 2022, 10:48:53 pm »
The Batman - with Pattinson. Was great. Exceeded expectations.

first two bale batmans are at the top for me (third was sadly lacking overall)

and then probably this (or keaton's first movie), loved the world portrayal and everything else about it, the most gritty of all the main batman films

Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55385 on: December 4, 2022, 10:53:19 pm »
Apocalypse Now (Final Cut) is on iPlayer. Wanted to watch the opening scene again and then ended up watching the whole thing. I think there’s a difference between your favourite film and what you consider to be the best film, if that makes sense. Apocalypse Now is probably in my top five favourite films, but I consider it to be the absolute best ever. Every time I watch it I become more sure of that.

Watched the Final Cut on the big screen a few years back.  Truly amazing movie.

Loved the scene where they steal Kilgores surf boards which you don’t get in the theatrical release.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #55386 on: December 5, 2022, 02:15:19 am »
Saw 'The Wonder' ( Netflix) last night....brilliant film...completing story and script..innotive and fantastic acting...wish I'd seen at cinema as stunning visually...film of the year for me.

Since I determined not to watch the World Cup, I’ve been overdosing on recent films on Netflix and Amazon Prime.

This is well worth the watch, as FB rightly says: Visually stunning, a story that for me has echos of ‘The Magdalene Sisters’, and a superb leading performance from Florence Pugh. Pugh is a truly remarkable talent for one so young - already Oscar nominated, and clearly someone who’s not in the least star struck, and knows her own mind.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55387 on: December 5, 2022, 08:46:57 am »
first two bale batmans are at the top for me (third was sadly lacking overall)

and then probably this (or keaton's first movie), loved the world portrayal and everything else about it, the most gritty of all the main batman films

Agreed I love Bale's Batman as well. This was surprisingly good (I can't really recall watching much of Pattinson's movie career) - The Riddler etc. Will there be more?

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55388 on: December 5, 2022, 09:53:06 am »
Cocaine Bear is based on the same ‘true’ story as season four of Justified.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #55389 on: December 5, 2022, 01:37:12 pm »
Watched Troll last night really enjoyed it.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55390 on: December 5, 2022, 09:39:21 pm »
Watched Troll last night really enjoyed it.

Troll 2 is even better. My go to around Haloween.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55391 on: December 5, 2022, 09:47:18 pm »
Watched Close up last night for the first time. What a film! The greatest documentary ever made in my opinion, and one of the finest films too.

Its like an onion. It works on so many different levels. A court room drama, a story of income inequality and social isolation, an emotional story about self discovery, a story about power of art. Plus its incredibly meta as well.

If you want its here.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55392 on: December 6, 2022, 04:41:06 pm »
See in Home Alone 2. The burglars would be dead early doors. Implausible.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #55393 on: December 6, 2022, 04:43:16 pm »
See in Home Alone 2. The burglars would be dead early doors. Implausible.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8WKgNyvsNDM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8WKgNyvsNDM</a>
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55394 on: December 7, 2022, 10:33:32 am »
Watched Close up last night for the first time. What a film! The greatest documentary ever made in my opinion, and one of the finest films too.

Its like an onion. It works on so many different levels. A court room drama, a story of income inequality and social isolation, an emotional story about self discovery, a story about power of art. Plus its incredibly meta as well.

If you want its here.

Stunning film and so unique.  I watched it many years ago and it still crosses my mind every now and then. The ending in particular is incredible.

The only thing I think comes close in terms of how it blurs reality and art/fiction together is The Act of Killing. But that film is far more somber and heavy in its tone.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55395 on: December 7, 2022, 01:48:34 pm »
The only thing I think comes close in terms of how it blurs reality and art/fiction together is The Act of Killing. But that film is far more somber and heavy in its tone.

That's exactly what I was reminded of too. Both use similar techniques to blur the fiction and the documentary.

What I also liked about Close-up was that on a surface level its basic story is no different than say, The Tinder Swindler, if anything even less interesting as it is a much lower level of fraud. Even the judge points this out. It's through great filmmaking skill that Kiarostami turns this into such an intriguing character study.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55396 on: December 8, 2022, 12:01:43 am »
Saw Violent Night today, basically Die Hard with the real Santa Claus. Ably played by David Harbour.

Very sweary and violent with plenty of plot contrivances if you've seen these sort of films before you'll see coming but it was fun and didn't out stay it's welcome.

Spoiler
amusingly despite all the violence the most gruesome bits are probably the booby traps the little girl sets up in homage to Home Alone.
[close]
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #55397 on: December 8, 2022, 08:04:56 am »
was listening to a podcast and dude had just seen Avatar 2 (he's press), says it's paper thin story with terrible dialogue coming in at 3 hours 10 mins, and he found himself laughing where you shouldn't be (not a great sign) as were those around him in the cinema

so he wondered why he was enjoying the movie - i wont mention any story outlines (it's not spoilers but it wont be going in blind if i mention them) but he said it's very relateable for most people (he appeared to be talking about relationships rather than story arc as far as i could tell) and the underwater scenes are incredible (he said wakanda forever's was shite by comparison), as are the fight scenes in general but just throw logic out the window

so he said it's a great popcorn movie, take your kids they'll love it

Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #55398 on: December 8, 2022, 11:11:06 am »
was listening to a podcast and dude had just seen Avatar 2 (he's press), says it's paper thin story with terrible dialogue coming in at 3 hours 10 mins, and he found himself laughing where you shouldn't be (not a great sign) as were those around him in the cinema

so he wondered why he was enjoying the movie - i wont mention any story outlines (it's not spoilers but it wont be going in blind if i mention them) but he said it's very relateable for most people (he appeared to be talking about relationships rather than story arc as far as i could tell) and the underwater scenes are incredible (he said wakanda forever's was shite by comparison), as are the fight scenes in general but just throw logic out the window

so he said it's a great popcorn movie, take your kids they'll love it

Yeah, there's been quite a few people who have seen previews for it; mostly positive, some raving about the last hour and visuals.

I'm seeing it a bit early on Monday night, hopeful of a big old blockbuster to get bums on the seats in cinemas. With Cineworld already in bankruptcy proceedings in the US, the pictures certainly bloody need it!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #55399 on: December 8, 2022, 12:54:04 pm »
I found the first Avatar a bit shit. I mean, you get used to the CGI quickly and your mind just accepts it as normal. Beyond that, it was contrived bollocks with caricature villains and an overly-sanctimonious/ story.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"