Author Topic: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)  (Read 1000019 times)

Offline Kundale

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome Darwin Núñez !!!
« Reply #1160 on: August 8, 2022, 08:25:21 pm »
From what I've seen of Nunez so far, some of his touches on the ball and his close control has been...
not great, in addition to the header for the Dias handball penalty incident which was actually going well wide, the lucky flick goal & the accidental assist for Salah was due to a poor touch also.
Defenders are not gonna know where the ball's gonna go. Keep them guessing.  ;D

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1161 on: August 8, 2022, 08:31:08 pm »
Ryan Giggs appears to have been able to.
:shocked

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1162 on: August 9, 2022, 06:56:12 am »

Exactly. If he himself doesn't know what's gonna happen, the opposition sure won't.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1163 on: August 9, 2022, 10:39:52 am »

This was Gerd Müller's modus operandi...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1164 on: August 9, 2022, 12:03:25 pm »
He is an incredibly scruffy player but Mane had his moments where his touch deserted him. But he occupies defences and is a threat.

Indeed. Mane could mix some incredible touches and volley goals with awful touches. Firmino can do the same, or more often at least make an awful pass and then some outstanding quality control and dribbling.
Núnez will improve his first touch. But even without those improvements he'll be a handful for any team and score 20+ goals this season.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #1165 on: August 9, 2022, 08:33:47 pm »
He had 4 shots and 6 completed passes in 40 minutes. I don't think his touch is the biggest concern. More can he adapt to a more possession game as invariably most games will be with us in control, at least you would hope. On the flip side if every 3rd touch of his results in a shot then he should be banging in the goals at such a rate that nobody would care about any other facet of his game.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1166 on: August 10, 2022, 03:35:47 pm »
Recorded the fastest top speed by any player in the league last week.   8)

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1167 on: August 10, 2022, 04:26:17 pm »

I struggled for context so had a Google search and apparently Usain Bolt's "average ground speed was 37.58km/h whilst reaching a top speed of 44.72km/h" when he set the 100m world record.  Not bad Darwin, not bad!

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1168 on: August 12, 2022, 10:29:11 am »

Not surprising. He was recorded faster than Salah, Walker, Sane and Mbappe in the Champions League last season, clocking pretty much the exact same figure (36.5)

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1169 on: August 12, 2022, 11:23:47 am »
Bit torn on Nunez at the moment - think he might be best off the bench for now while he gets up to speed.

Fantastically odd start for him. Won a pen with a header going well wide, scored a good header against City, got a lucky goal against Fulham, and a lucky assist. But if he keep up that form for the rest of the season, we'll be alright.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1170 on: August 12, 2022, 11:49:15 am »
Bit torn on Nunez at the moment - think he might be best off the bench for now while he gets up to speed.

Fantastically odd start for him. Won a pen with a header going well wide, scored a good header against City, got a lucky goal against Fulham, and a lucky assist. But if he keep up that form for the rest of the season, we'll be alright.

We were rubbish against Fulham until he came on and things finally started happening.

We all love Bobby but he shouldn't be starting ahead of him, especially against the 'dross' of the league. You can make the case of starting Bobby against top 6 or whatever, but Darwin should be starting from now on.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #1171 on: August 12, 2022, 12:21:32 pm »
For a striker, to me, luck is the byproduct of making the right runs and getting in the right places. He's doing that, and it's going well.

Bit bewildered by the 'lucky flick goal' comments as well.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1172 on: August 12, 2022, 12:34:23 pm »
For a striker, to me, luck is the byproduct of making the right runs and getting in the right places. He's doing that, and it's going well.

I fully agree with your first comment.  Somebody else referenced him reminding him of Fillipo Inzaghi in that respect.  Any great goalscorer will also have a sizable collection of terrible misses and lucky goals.  Hopefully Nunez will keep doing all those good things when he inevitably has a dry run at some point.

The 'lucky flick goal' was just that though, very lucky.  He completely missed the ball, the Fulham defender deflected it back onto him and it looped in.  The two of them couldn't repeat that if they tried 100 times.  I'm sure our coaches will have pointed out to him that for that goal and his earlier similar miss that he'd be better off opening his body up and using his left foot (similar to the German goal in the Women's Euro's final).  Being a #9 he should tell those coaches where to shove their advice  ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1173 on: August 12, 2022, 12:35:59 pm »

He missed the ball and it bounced off the defender back onto his foot, definitely some luck involved there.

But he's a real threat, always in the box, always causing havoc.  He'll get quite a few scrappy and lucky goals, and that works for me.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1174 on: August 12, 2022, 12:38:17 pm »
Funny though because I remember a striker discussion a few years ago as to whether we needed one when Firmino's numbers started to drop. The discussion was at the time that it would hinder this Liverpool side because Mane and Salah were our strikers and we needed someone to bring them into play.

It looks like with Diaz being less potent than Mane that we have decided that getting in a striker who gets goals but may not contribute much else is what we need.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1175 on: August 12, 2022, 12:38:46 pm »
He missed the ball and it bounced off the defender back onto his foot, definitely some luck involved there.

But he's a real threat, always in the box, always causing havoc.  He'll get quite a few scrappy and lucky goals, and that works for me.

But he was in the right place at the right time and the ball ended up in the right place.

A true striker. ;D

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1176 on: August 12, 2022, 12:48:55 pm »
But he was in the right place at the right time and the ball ended up in the right place.

A true striker. ;D

Yeah,Haalands contribution to their buildup was close to zero as i saw it thought Darwin did a bit more in his minutes for us.

His quick vertical sprints are deadly imo,forcing the oppo manager make a choice to lay deep in their box giving us control or push up and risk him getting a 1 on 1 with their keeper eventually.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1177 on: August 12, 2022, 12:53:28 pm »
Funny though because I remember a striker discussion a few years ago as to whether we needed one when Firmino's numbers started to drop. The discussion was at the time that it would hinder this Liverpool side because Mane and Salah were our strikers and we needed someone to bring them into play.

It looks like with Diaz being less potent than Mane that we have decided that getting in a striker who gets goals but may not contribute much else is what we need.

You would expected Nunez to contribute a lot more than just goals in time

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #1178 on: August 12, 2022, 04:16:40 pm »
Havent been able to watch any of his gametime yet - but i am wondering how is his weaker foot?. Decent or good?.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1179 on: August 12, 2022, 04:55:47 pm »
Havent been able to watch any of his gametime yet - but i am wondering how is his weaker foot?. Decent or good?.

Pacy, but not quick...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1180 on: August 12, 2022, 05:27:00 pm »
Any gif of the 'Lucky flick goal'? I only watched it live and didn't notice anything amiss
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1181 on: August 12, 2022, 05:42:11 pm »
Any gif of the 'Lucky flick goal'? I only watched it live and didn't notice anything amiss
It's only 'lucky' because it was our player who scored it. If it was certain opposition players it would have been called genius.

Personally, I thought it was a quality instinctive finish.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1182 on: August 12, 2022, 05:44:00 pm »
It's only 'lucky' because it was our player who scored it. If it was certain opposition players it would have been called genius.

Personally, I thought it was a quality instinctive finish.
Yeah that was my thinking, too. Esp as he'd tried something very like it shortly before.

But I'd like to watch it again to see the 'luck' part
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1183 on: August 12, 2022, 05:45:39 pm »
Yeah that was my thinking, too. Esp as he'd tried something very like it shortly before.

But I'd like to watch it again to see the 'luck' part
Hopefully Jason will be along shortly with video of it from multiple angles.  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1184 on: August 12, 2022, 06:12:04 pm »
Hopefully Jason will be along shortly with video of it from multiple angles.  :)
Nunez goal on 64 mins - https://clip.dubz.co/v/w26xfn & https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1555900884168712194
:D

It's not ever-so-clear from those videos, the clearest being the last few seconds of the BT Sport Twitter video.  During the match itself though - about five minutes after the goal - BT put up a slow-mo that showed the Fulham defender kicking it onto Nunez after he'd initially missed it.

If anything that goal showed the best and worst of Nunez.  His movement is great, he's quick and strong, he's aggressive.  His technique is a bit iffy compared to our other forwards (the caveat being that we've been incredibly blessed in recent years - Nunez's technique is better than most of strikers we've had in the past decade!).  I think he might frustrate at times but he'll also score loads of goals so I'll certainly forgive him!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 06:15:13 pm by thaddeus »

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #1185 on: August 13, 2022, 10:24:18 am »

Nah mate thats Top Fart. Fart speed. I mean c'mon It says it quite clearly at the top there  ::)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1186 on: August 14, 2022, 07:40:58 pm »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1187 on: August 14, 2022, 07:42:45 pm »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1188 on: August 14, 2022, 07:43:54 pm »
 ;D

Should he even be on that during the season? Liverpool own his legs.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1189 on: August 14, 2022, 08:34:28 pm »
You'll have a job getting a chain and padlock through that wheel, lid

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1190 on: August 15, 2022, 09:17:43 pm »
Idiot

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1191 on: August 15, 2022, 09:18:01 pm »
Stick it in the net not on the defender Darwin
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1192 on: August 15, 2022, 09:18:08 pm »
Well done Darwin, clever boy
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1193 on: August 15, 2022, 09:18:18 pm »
Lol funny but come on mate don't do this again

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1194 on: August 15, 2022, 09:18:23 pm »
Klopp didn't even look at him on his way off.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online d.arn

• Kopite
« Reply #1195 on: August 15, 2022, 09:18:38 pm »
He’s fucked us here.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #1196 on: August 15, 2022, 09:18:40 pm »
 :wanker

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1197 on: August 15, 2022, 09:18:41 pm »
Facepalm for the face touch

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1198 on: August 15, 2022, 09:18:45 pm »
Idiot, ffs

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1199 on: August 15, 2022, 09:18:51 pm »
Idiot
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "