Author Topic: Alcohol Issues - The Carl van Riel Memorial Thread  (Read 1015620 times)

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
Re: Alcohol Issues
« Reply #9280 on: September 17, 2013, 06:33:48 pm »
I have many talents ;)

Just shit at them all.

Anyway fuck off Carl...lets see if he's reading. He already knows i'm off to Barcelona and while we're there, a little matter of a wine festival and i've deffo been sliding too much into drinking again. Nowhere like a fair few of you in here but i can certainly see how easy it is to make that small extra step.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #9281 on: September 18, 2013, 06:32:32 pm »
Im still reading mate, dont worry about that :)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9282 on: September 18, 2013, 06:35:02 pm »

Sound Karl.

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9283 on: September 18, 2013, 06:41:45 pm »

Feck off ;)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9284 on: September 18, 2013, 10:42:44 pm »
Hope JLS is reading this thread too.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9285 on: September 21, 2013, 11:12:46 am »
Gonna be a shite day, had it out with a bird i was 'seeing' - yeah no longer, prolly coulda avoided the pop if i hadn't already started before this happened, now i reckon i got a good 24 hours of getting smashed at best, its what i do :/
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline hartless

• will run & run & run...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9286 on: September 21, 2013, 01:25:03 pm »

Cheers Andy,

I'm prescribed with sertraline - and diagnosed with depression, insomnia and anxiety (individually or collectively!)

To be honest mate, the sertraline has done fuck all apart from made me unable to shoot my load (side affect)

I think i need to deal with the root cause which is clearly me not being able to find recompense for the mistakes i've made, and unfortunately fella the self harm was all due to me mate - i was a pisshead moron and my ex bless her took the flack for all my shit (emotionally and financial) until it broke her back, in short i behaved without respect to both myself and her. I look back at that episode and it makes my stomach turn, problem is bridges are now burnt and i can't mend them.... every tom dick and harry is saying 'just move on' but it's not about moving on, i want to put plasters on the wounds i made before i just up sticks and 'move on' - i spent long enough being a selfish c*nt, i just want to put things somewhere closer to being right before i just jog on in my life however as it is my ex doesn't even want to communicate with me (i can't blame her really)

So i'm left in a situation where i feel unresolved. The irony is everybody (family, friends) talks about putting myself first and getting myself 'healthy' i however feel in order to do that i need to earn it, i.e - do what i can to repair some of the bridges i burned.

Anyways (you'll be pleased to hear) the coffee (and not alcohol) is making me ramble....

Always happy to chat, tend to find those who have an understanding or have been there tend to be able to relate with me.... so any advice guys - i'm all ears.

Surely the only way you can mend things is fixing yourself first. When your ex is aware of that and you've done that to illustrate you know you made mistakes it'll be more likely she'll let you in. Continuing to get pissed and damaging yourself shows her you're the same person who hurt her. Why should she want to be in touch with that person again? Once you're mending yourself you can only then contemplate attempting to bridge things with her.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9287 on: September 21, 2013, 03:28:29 pm »
Mate - can i say thank you? is that allowed on these parts without being a pansy...

Honestly fella, your thought process is faultless other than one thing, her giving two fucks about it.... she don't... at first i cling on to your school of thought, now i know it's gone i give myself no reason to 'give a fuck' so i sit down, crack open a beer...(or 10) and forget how badly  i messed shit up.

But you're right, goals are good (AA) tells me that, but i need something i want... and all i want is her, she just don't want me..
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9288 on: September 21, 2013, 11:43:08 pm »
Gonna be a shite day, had it out with a bird i was 'seeing' - yeah no longer, prolly coulda avoided the pop if i hadn't already started before this happened, now i reckon i got a good 24 hours of getting smashed at best, its what i do :/

You know what mate? When I read your posts I see the me of 3 years ago. The way you think. The way you act. The way you react. The way you behave. Its all so similar. That was exactly me once. Reading your posts is like peering back into my past. Back when I could see no light at the end of the tunnel. Back when the only thing I could see was the bottom of a beer glass. I know what its like to look at a broken relationship and get eaten up by guilt, frustration, hurt, and that feeling of disconnection. I know EXACTLY how you feel right now. I've been there, done it, and have worn the scars

Here's the good news. It doesn't have to be this way. It really doesn't. There is no law ruling or governing you to live this existence. The misery you are currently trapped in was of your creation. You did it. You caused it. No one else is to blame here but you. And that's the beautiful thing. Once you understand that you are the one in sole control of your present circumstances, then the yearning for change can become quiet appealing. Exciting even. 

You can change the circumstances any time you like mate. You have that choice. And that choice is always there waiting for you if you choose to make it. Always. As long as you're alive and breathing, that choice is always there. Remember, there is no law at work here forcing you to live this life of misery. You can opt out of your current state of affairs anytime you like. You can say "I've had enough of this way of living" at any time and start your new life.

You might be wondering where to begin when it comes to changing your life. I know I was lost when I first started. Not only that, I was convinced I couldn't manage to turn things around for myself. Con fucking vinced. I saw no hope. Afterall, I was the biggest worthless piece of shit on Gods green earth, according to my ex alco self. I figured failure was inevitable. Then I realized I was "choosing" that way of thinking. And that I had the choice to change it

My advice to you is to stop trying to fight the circumstances that you are currently in. Don't fight them. They were circumstances created by a very ill addict. So they are going to be pretty unrepairable. Thats what addicts do. They create cluster fuck after cluster fuck. Don't waste your time trying to fix them. Just let them go, and focus on creating something new. Start a fresh. You don't need a long plan for recovery.

All you need to know is the general direction that you want to take. The path will reveal itself to you as you go. Its like driving in the dark. As long as your headlights can light up the 50 yards of road in front of you, you can proceed in the direction of your choice. You don't need to see the entire road, let alone the destination. All you need to see is the next 50 yards. Shit, if we all knew the destination then life wouldn't be any fun. Would it.

Chose a new direction mate. Don't fight the current circumstances. Just focus on creating new ones. You'll enjoy the ride. Trust me. Its a lot more exhilarating than chugging on lager and slowly killing yourself. And here's the good thing, you can make this choice at any time. My advice is to not fuck about though. I'd make the choice sooner rather than later. God speed   
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9289 on: September 22, 2013, 12:02:55 am »
Billy mate, where have you been

Am not joking that was the single most understanding post i've read.

One question, how do you stop?

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9290 on: September 22, 2013, 12:54:29 am »
Billy mate, where have you been

Am not joking that was the single most understanding post i've read.

One question, how do you stop?

You're welcome mate. I hope it gave you a sense of hope. I wasn't lying when I said I know EXACTLY what you're going through right now. I've been in exactly the same situation as you. I know the frustration your feeling. I know the hurt that's eating you up when you think of your ex. Am I right in saying that the feeling of disconnection from her is a primary contributor to your depression? Am I right in saying that you'd gladly give your left bollock to make things right? But you just don't have the belief in yourself because of the disarray that your addiction brings upon you? Am I right? Do you see yourself as a worthless piece of shit? Like I used to see myself?

To answer your question: How do you stop? The answer is simply this. You choose to. It's a choice. All of the hurt that you're going through right now is the direct result of your choices. Hence the only person responsible for it all, is you. One of the things that prompted me to choose a better life was the realization that I was the creator of my circumstances. The turmoil, the depression, the sense of hopelessness, was all of my own doing. I then realized that I could eradicate it all if I made a conscious decision to do so.

Remember, there is no law that says you have to live the way you are living. There is no governing rule that says that you must be resigned to a life of misery. None whatsoever. You're free to choose whatever life you want. Its just hard for addicts to get their head around that. Primarily because they're thinking habits are ones which attract continual misery. Its the nature of the addict. You know, one of the great things about choosing sobriety, is that you learn a shit load of things about yourself. Its like getting to know a completely new person. Once the preconceived opinions that you have about yourself fade away, you really do think "fuck me, why didn't I choose this life sooner"

Trust me
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Wait for it!!!

• Unimaginative pisshead!!! +!!
  • Kopite
  • hat, cap, scarf or your banner??
« Reply #9291 on: September 22, 2013, 08:22:59 pm »
Billy you are an inspiration mate xx
Keegan to Smith to Keegan and Newcastle were undressed!!!!!
Wembley Stadium May 1974 - as a 12 year old flared, stack shoed Alsop Comp LFC diehard. The joy!!

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9292 on: September 23, 2013, 10:22:21 pm »
So having spoken with my mate, and it's the right thing, some bint i was seeing - well that's over, proper fucked off about it and really want to get smashed :/

Billy send me more of them motivational vids, right now anything is a plus.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9293 on: September 24, 2013, 03:30:53 am »
proper fucked off about it and really want to get smashed :/

The reason you want to get smashed isn't because of that bird mate

The reason you want to get smashed is because you're an alcoholic

I'd love to get smashed right now too. Because I'm an alcoholic. Just like you :)

An addict will find any excuse to justify his/her actions. Regardless of weather its a positive or negative reason

I mean, if a bird gets on your case, then its reason to drink right? To block it out

If I bird sucks you off and you blow your beans down her throat, then its reason to drink right? To celebrate

Its the addicts way of thinking. Control your thinking, and you'll control your drinking

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9294 on: September 24, 2013, 09:32:07 am »
The reason you want to get smashed isn't because of that bird mate

The reason you want to get smashed is because you're an alcoholic

I'd love to get smashed right now too. Because I'm an alcoholic. Just like you :)

An addict will find any excuse to justify his/her actions. Regardless of weather its a positive or negative reason

I mean, if a bird gets on your case, then its reason to drink right? To block it out

If I bird sucks you off and you blow your beans down her throat, then its reason to drink right? To celebrate

Its the addicts way of thinking. Control your thinking, and you'll control your drinking

Can i borrow your fabulous articulate mouth - and give you my (now ex's) number to rip a new arse?

On a more serioius note, i need to sort this shit out... where's the first port of call? Doctors, AA?

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #9295 on: September 24, 2013, 11:16:45 am »
On a more serioius note, i need to sort this shit out... where's the first port of call? Doctors, AA?

A conscientious decision to not drink again.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9296 on: September 24, 2013, 12:03:52 pm »
Mate - can i say thank you? is that allowed on these parts without being a pansy...

Honestly fella, your thought process is faultless other than one thing, her giving two fucks about it.... she don't... at first i cling on to your school of thought, now i know it's gone i give myself no reason to 'give a fuck' so i sit down, crack open a beer...(or 10) and forget how badly  i messed shit up.

But you're right, goals are good (AA) tells me that, but i need something i want... and all i want is her, she just don't want me..

Can she remember you as anything but a piss head ?

She got with you for a reason mate, you must have been 'straight' at one point.

Identify what drives the craving for beer, and remove it.

I used to drink a bottle of Vodka at least 5 or 6 times a week, now, me and the wife share a bottle on either Friday or Saturday, and maybe a bottle on Sunday afternoon. It's not giving up, but I now have it 'under control'. I never drink if there's been any sort of emotional event in the previous 24 hrs.
When she booted me out last year I went proper off the scale, spent 3 months in my parents caravan in their back garden, and remember very little, other than having to put my empties in the boot of the car because I was embarrassed they would see how much I was getting through.

Yet when she took me back in I stopped instantly, never had a drink for a month, we have our drink now so she can wind down from her degree course, and truth be known, I could possibly knock it on the head completely. I do the school run in a morning so can't drink during the week, and only join her on a Sunday because the kids spend the day at Grandparents, and it's our only quality time together, we have a few Vodkas, home made curry, and always have plenty of Comedies Sky+, always create a funny, lighthearted environment, 'cos nowts better than a fucking good laugh, that and I usually get an empty  ;D

You need to find a reason not to drink mate, and it's fucking hard, because as Billy points out, there's always a reason to 'celebrate/drown your sorrows'.

You shouldn't be worrying about building bridges with your ex, you should channel all that energy into drying out, she'll never accept anything from you if you're a piss head, 'cos you're still weak. Show her, yourself, and your family that you can be strong. Cold Turkey ? Gradual weaning ? Doesn't matter pal, do what's best for you, and don't let any other fucker tell you otherwise. It might take a few goes to get there, a little bit of trial and error along the way, you'll prolly even fall off a few times, we've all been there, but you know what, at least you're trying.
 :)

Best of luck fella.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:11:29 pm by L666KOP »
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9297 on: September 25, 2013, 06:47:13 pm »
Ive a take on all this that i will share when ive internet installed.I dare not post it right now in case its lost in the internet ether and ive lost my ' ideas ' due to my shit phone deciding not to post said post.

Ive not bottled out of the thread, just taken some time out to evaluate things from many perspectives.

Catch you soon...
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9298 on: September 25, 2013, 09:45:38 pm »
You shouldn't be worrying about building bridges with your ex, you should channel all that energy into drying out, she'll never accept anything from you if you're a piss head, 'cos you're still weak. Show her, yourself, and your family that you can be strong. Cold Turkey ? Gradual weaning ? Doesn't matter pal, do what's best for you, and don't let any other fucker tell you otherwise. It might take a few goes to get there, a little bit of trial and error along the way, you'll prolly even fall off a few times, we've all been there, but you know what, at least you're trying.
 :)

Best of luck fella.

THIS

totally agree with it

you cant even attempt to build bridges until you make some real progress on yourself

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #9299 on: September 27, 2013, 12:57:07 am »

You need to find a reason not to drink mate, and it's fucking hard, because as Billy points out, there's always a reason to 'celebrate/drown your sorrows'.

THIS.
I think this might be my first post in this thread. Maybe not. Maybe i posted in here before, pissed up.
I think i walk the tightrope, somewhere between "drinks too much" , to "functioning alcoholic".
I love a drink, I have a good social circle, and drink most nights of the week. Half in the pub, half at home. I am happily married, but my lass doesnt drink much. She accepts i like to drink.

i went to the docs in June, seriously felt bad. I am 33, overweight. but i had never felt like that. Felt i was going to die. A good mate had just had a massive heart attack and was lucky to survive. Maybe that was a wake up call for me. Or maybe i was just being paranoid.

Anyway, i went to the docs and got a full MOT. My BP was around 180/90, my liver function was high, and I was obese. The doc said I needed to change my lifestyle. I have tried, and to be fair, succeeded in some senses. I have lost 2 stone, my BP is down, and i feel a lot better. I have knocked the drink on the head a BIT, but not much. Mostly, I am eating better, which is good. But i am fearful my liver tests when i have to go back next month, will still be high.

So i have decided to go "Sober for October". Now, if that was just a willpower thing, i would struggle. As you say, the first "excuse" for a "celebration or sorrow-drownage" would fuck it. And I would find an excuse. (Does that mean I am an alcoholic?).

Anyway, this is my reason NOT to. I want to do this . For Me, my health, my family, for a fresh start. But also for charity. If anyone can do a Carra, and chuck a quid my way, I'd much appreciate it. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 03:13:22 pm by kj999 »
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9300 on: September 27, 2013, 04:41:08 pm »
Good for you mate.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #9301 on: September 27, 2013, 06:52:38 pm »
A rather trivial post given the honesty and seriousness in here...I have had a pretty quiet year after becoming a dad so haven't been out much and not done many sessions at all. I had one pint last night and then a whiskey. Well I have felt a bit hungover all day. Really odd. I just cannot cope with booze these days. Probably a good thing.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9302 on: September 28, 2013, 07:27:41 pm »
What were you drinking before mate?

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9303 on: September 29, 2013, 09:06:23 pm »
Ive fell off the wagon big time. Im smashed at work and cant even talk straight most of the time...

Im sure thats what is expected of me in here but ive some bad news for you, im doing well.
Yes im still drinking and i know that doesnt sit well with some of you but you know what, im happy. Im trying to be normal and all that shit and i also know im not normal. Im an addict but i am trying. Total abstinence is the order of the day and yea, i guess thats best. For the first time in a long time ive a focal point and a more rounded view on my illness and yes , Billy can pull me up on whatever scenario he feels i will fall into but at the end of the day, abstinence or not, im just that one session away from oblivion. It matters not what i say really. ' Oh im tee-total ' but im still that one drink away from the abyss. ' im controlling it by being normal ' but im still that drink away from the abyss. No matter what i say im ' that drink ' away from that road to hell.

I know where i am i life, i know for the first time since this thread started that ive a focal point. Yes the drink will always be the c*nt on my shoulder whispering in my ear and goading me to just have one more, and chances are i may succumb. Chances are i may not. The thing is no matter what i choose to do , until the day i die ill always be on that precipice of sobriety and inebriation.
You will come back with ' its up to you Carl ' and yea it is , its up to me to make peace with my addiction in the best way i can. Im doing that and im at a point where im happy and content and can sit back and take stock of my situation. Ive not for one minute think ive got it sorted because that idea of sobriety hangs upon my mind everyday and is a hefty weight to carry.

I needed to be at a level where i felt steady, happy, content before i could really address my addiction because, lets be honest , my life was a total fuck up before.  Id use that as an excuse to get cunted and i did. I had nothing going for me but life changes. It has massively changed for me over the last year and its made me start to sit up and think.
Im far from sorted, but i am closer to something i always wanted. I guess i always wanted me. To be at peace with me and what/who i am.
Ill get there, of that im sure.

Carl.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9304 on: September 29, 2013, 09:16:12 pm »
Carl, no one expected you to say that.

I know you're in a far better place now, and that makes us all happy here.

But I worry about your health.

Whilst you may be happy, is your liver?
W

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9305 on: September 29, 2013, 09:22:27 pm »
Yes it is. Its not getting pounded from morn till night, it doesnt need sustanance via alcohol. After the years of abuse im getting there. Yes, that may be a ' addicts ' excuse but i feel that im working toward something better. Its not via the mainstream channels but its what keeps me calm and looking forward.

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9306 on: September 29, 2013, 09:24:48 pm »
Just do what works for you, Carl. You know we're all here for you yer gobshite. And you are doing fucking well and far better off than you were.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #9307 on: September 29, 2013, 10:28:09 pm »
That's nice to hear, SHF. Life can be difficult for some people, or just boring, and for all sorts of reasons. I'm all in favour of finding a level of consumption of anything that keeps you going and doesn't fuck you up.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9308 on: September 30, 2013, 11:12:47 am »
Ive fell off the wagon big time. Im smashed at work and cant even talk straight most of the time...

Im sure thats what is expected of me in here but ive some bad news for you, im doing well.
Yes im still drinking and i know that doesnt sit well with some of you but you know what, im happy. Im trying to be normal and all that shit and i also know im not normal. Im an addict but i am trying. Total abstinence is the order of the day and yea, i guess thats best. For the first time in a long time ive a focal point and a more rounded view on my illness and yes , Billy can pull me up on whatever scenario he feels i will fall into but at the end of the day, abstinence or not, im just that one session away from oblivion. It matters not what i say really. ' Oh im tee-total ' but im still that one drink away from the abyss. ' im controlling it by being normal ' but im still that drink away from the abyss. No matter what i say im ' that drink ' away from that road to hell.

I know where i am i life, i know for the first time since this thread started that ive a focal point. Yes the drink will always be the c*nt on my shoulder whispering in my ear and goading me to just have one more, and chances are i may succumb. Chances are i may not. The thing is no matter what i choose to do , until the day i die ill always be on that precipice of sobriety and inebriation.
You will come back with ' its up to you Carl ' and yea it is , its up to me to make peace with my addiction in the best way i can. Im doing that and im at a point where im happy and content and can sit back and take stock of my situation. Ive not for one minute think ive got it sorted because that idea of sobriety hangs upon my mind everyday and is a hefty weight to carry.

I needed to be at a level where i felt steady, happy, content before i could really address my addiction because, lets be honest , my life was a total fuck up before.  Id use that as an excuse to get cunted and i did. I had nothing going for me but life changes. It has massively changed for me over the last year and its made me start to sit up and think.
Im far from sorted, but i am closer to something i always wanted. I guess i always wanted me. To be at peace with me and what/who i am.
Ill get there, of that im sure.

Carl.

'A bird never worries that the branch it lands on will break, because it has confidence in it's ability to fly'

;)
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #9309 on: September 30, 2013, 09:59:03 pm »
T minus 2 hours til I go dry for a month.... skulling the remaining beer in my house as we speak... pleaase sponsor me! A quid will make all the difference. Cheers https://www.gosober.org.uk/profile/kevinjohnson999
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9310 on: October 1, 2013, 03:20:23 pm »
Carl,

whatever you do dont drink at work

if you lose your job you will put yourself on a very dangerous spiral

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9311 on: October 1, 2013, 05:36:25 pm »
Andy, we all know im a fucking idiot a lot of the time but even im not that stupid mate ;)

The amount of CCTV et al, even IF i wanted one id be a dumb c*nt to try it. I can wait till i get home, as ive said before , getting a job has helped no end and its not something i want to fuck up. Just moved into a more expensive place with the gf so if i fuck up then thats her fucked as well. Years ago that might not have bothered me but times and people change.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9312 on: October 1, 2013, 08:16:21 pm »

Carl.

It was this that got my attention

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9313 on: October 1, 2013, 08:17:33 pm »
glad to know it was just a typo so to speak

and good that you opened up to RAWK

im sure you will be back to normal soon

whatever normal is for you now

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #9314 on: October 1, 2013, 09:11:39 pm »
Andy, you do know SHF was taking the piss about being smashed at work?

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9315 on: October 1, 2013, 10:23:31 pm »
Carl, as long as you've got it under control and it hasn't got you under control, and more importantly you're happy with who and what you are, then you're winning mate. Keep it up fella.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9316 on: October 2, 2013, 07:03:07 am »
Andy, that was me typing what i expected people to hear from me, it definately is not the case. My daft sense of humour maybe?

It was my 40th in August and i had a few drinks and that was it. Far from pissed and doing daft shit. Thats just how i wanted it to be honest, it was great. Chill with a beer or two, watch tv with the gf or play guitar etc is what i mostly do now.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9317 on: October 2, 2013, 06:21:30 pm »
Andy, you do know SHF was taking the piss about being smashed at work?

I guess not

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9318 on: October 2, 2013, 06:22:24 pm »
Andy, that was me typing what i expected people to hear from me, it definately is not the case. My daft sense of humour maybe?

It was my 40th in August and i had a few drinks and that was it. Far from pissed and doing daft shit. Thats just how i wanted it to be honest, it was great. Chill with a beer or two, watch tv with the gf or play guitar etc is what i mostly do now.

i think i read it quickly and was initially concerned

im glad its not what I thought

you have come way to far to fuck up all up now

well done

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9319 on: October 2, 2013, 06:30:48 pm »
I do the same mate, read a bad first line then skip straight to the reply box ;)