Author Topic: PL: Bournemouth 1 v 0 Liverpool Billing 28’  (Read 34883 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
PL: Bournemouth 1 v 0 Liverpool Billing 28’
« on: March 11, 2023, 11:34:53 am »
Bournemouth vs Liverpool

12:30, Saturday 11th March
Vitality Stadium, Bournemouth
Premier League
Referee: John Brooks

Bournemouth and Liverpool progress beyond the two-thirds stage of their Premier League seasons this weekend, as they meet on the south coast in Saturday’s early kick-off. The Cherries sit bottom of the table on goal difference, with Gary O’Neil’s side having seen an unlikely 2-0 lead away at Arsenal turn to a crushing 3-2 defeat last weekend. Their visitors are riding the high of the unforgettable 7-0 home victory over historic rivals Manchester United, and a strong run since mid-February has seen Jurgen Klopp’s side recover to arguably favourites to clinch the final spot on the Premier League’s top four.

The sides last met August, with hosts Liverpool taking their first victory of the league season by nine goals to nil at Anfield. The previous meeting was a 2-1 win for the Reds in both sides’ final league match before the suspension of the 2019-20 Premier League season due to the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic – the Reds had all but won the league by that stage, with their victory opening up a 25 point lead, whilst it kept Bournemouth in a relegation zone that they would ultimate not escape. For the most recent meeting at the Vitality Stadium, we go back to early December of that season – the Cherries had enjoyed a decent start to the season but had seen their form collapse (with four consecutive defeats) in the run up to the match, whilst Klopp’s side had been imperious and had dropped just 2 points from their opening fifteen matches. The game was settled true to form, with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Naby Keita, and Mo Salah netting either side of the break in a 3-0 victory.

Bournemouth’s modern history is best traced to the 2008-09 season, which brought the appointment of Eddie Howe as manager, saw them finish fourth from bottom of the entire Football League, and culminated in a takeover by a Jeff Mostyn-led consortium. Howe’s side secured promotion to League One at the end of 2009-10 and remained for three seasons, before (with Howe having retuned from spending part of 2011 managing Burnley) achieving promotion to the Championship at the end of the 2012-13 season. The Cherries’ rise continued through the next two seasons, with a steady 10th place finish (then a historic best) followed by a Championship title in 2014-15 – the title securing their first ever appearance in the top-flight. After staying up in 2015-16, Howe’s Bournemouth enjoyed a solid three seasons (including a top half finish in 2016-17) in the Premier League before being relegated at the end of the 2019-20 season.

The Bournemouth that arrived back in the Championship, led by long-time assistant manager Jason Tindall, appeared a well-run club set for a run at promotion – their autumn form underlined this, and they spent the first half of the 2020-21 campaign in the automation promotion hunt. Their form plummeted during the winter though, with a period of ten games yielding just 8 points. Jonathan Woodgate replaced Tindall in February and the side hit a run of form earning them 28 points from eleven games, but they ended the season with a trio of defeats and were beaten 3-2 on aggregate by Brentford in the Playoff Semi Final. Woodgate’s contract ended at the end of the season, and he was replaced by former Premier League midfielder Scott Parker. Parker oversaw a successful promotion campaign in 2021-22, with Bournemouth falling just 2 points short of his former club, Fulham, in a tightly contested Championship title battle. In the wider context, their 2020 relegation can’t really be viewed as a ‘failing’, and their 2022 promotion pointed towards a continuation of the brightest period in the club’s history.

Despite an opening day victory over Aston Villa, Parker’s return to the Premier League picked up largely where his previous stint (relegation with Fulham in 2020-21) had left off. Bournemouth fell to heavy defeats to Man City, Arsenal, and Liverpool in their next three games and, amidst disagreement with the owners, Parker was dismissed at the end of August. The Cherries’ appointed former Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, and West Ham midfielder (also briefly Liverpool U23’s assistant) Gary O’Neil as Parker’s replacement, and form picked up as they went unbeaten in six and moved into the top half. Since mid-October, however, they’ve taken just 8 points from fifteen matches – five months on, they prop up a tight bottom half of the table and are deep in a relegation battle.

Bournemouth look set to be in that relegation battle for the remainder of the season, at best, whilst worst-case scenarios see them as one of the sides cut adrift. Their upcoming fixtures look short on ‘six pointers’ but it will be key to stay in touch with fellow strugglers until potentially crucial matches with West Ham, Southampton, and Leeds in the second half of April – they visit Goodison Park on the final day of the season. The Reds, meanwhile, find themselves somewhat reinvigorated and on a charge towards the top four – another defeat akin to losses to Forest, Leeds, and Wolves could really burst that bubble ahead of a tough run of league fixtures (City, Chelsea, and then Arsenal). All around the club know that significant changes are required in the summer, and – particularly given the 5-2 ‘half time’ deficit to Real Madrid – Champions League qualification is seen is key to a smooth transition for Klopp’s squad. Saturday’s result may not be conclusive to Bournemouth’s ultimate aims for the season, but taking home what should be expected from the south coast will be seen as important to the Reds.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 01:01:22 pm by TepidT2O »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: PL: Bournemouth v Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2023, 12:01:26 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2023, 12:03:27 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2023, 12:25:44 pm »
Great to see Brooks back for this one.  What an ordeal he’s been through.
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2023, 12:29:06 pm »
Both teams are out. This game has been over shadowed somewhat with the Gary Lineker stuff going on, we will commentate today but our support is firmly with Gary and those who speak the truth. On that note, FUCK THE TORIES
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 12:32:00 pm by jillc »

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2023, 12:32:27 pm »
0 The game kicks off.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2023, 12:33:59 pm »
1 An early free kick is given to Bournemouth. We deal with it and Trent intercepts and does a ball over the top but Bournemouth clear.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2023, 12:34:59 pm »
Free Gary Lineker
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2023, 12:35:58 pm »
3 We are doing a number of balls over the top both Van Dijk and Fab just then, but it's just going straight through to Bournemouth so far.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2023, 12:37:12 pm »
4 First real input from the front 3 ends with Salah shooting but it's an easy catch for Neto.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2023, 12:38:36 pm »
5 A great header by Vav Dijk is cleared off the line by Lerma equally brilliant for a corner. The corner is cleared.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2023, 12:38:46 pm »
Free Gary Lineker

In solidarity it was decided I wouldn’t make myself available for RAWK Comms today ;)
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2023, 12:39:22 pm »
5 A great header by Vav Dijk is cleared off the line by Lerma equally brilliant for a corner. The corner is cleared.
That was very unlucky

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2023, 12:40:24 pm »
7 Bournemouth pressing really high at the moment, we're having to work hard to keep possession of the ball.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2023, 12:41:50 pm »
9 Very near to a Bournemouth goal there but its side netted.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2023, 12:43:07 pm »
10 After some good work we get a corner on the left, which is initially cleared and then put in again, but Bournemouth eventually clear.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2023, 12:43:10 pm »
A reminder if it was needed that we still make things far too easy for teams. Alisson did well

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2023, 12:43:14 pm »
Free Gary Lineker

With every 5 litres?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2023, 12:43:27 pm »
Gave the ball away for no reason there.

But the lad doesn’t shoot because he’s psyched out by Alisson
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2023, 12:44:49 pm »
12 What a cross ball that was which went to Robbo who controlled it beautifully but Neto catches it.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2023, 12:45:35 pm »
12 We do put the ball in the net but the flag is up. Still 0-0.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2023, 12:46:25 pm »
12 We do put the ball in the net but the flag is up. Still 0-0.
Gakpo so far offside there he was in the English Channel. Needs to be careful with that, might not get back on the beach in the current zeitgeist...

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2023, 12:47:03 pm »
14 We get a corner on the right after some lovely work from the front three and Elliot.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2023, 12:47:04 pm »
Creating a lot of chances here, need to start taking them. Nearly a birthday goal for Robbo then before the Gakpo offside

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2023, 12:48:15 pm »
16 A good corner which is cleared and we have another corner which is good again, but comes to nothing. But our attacking play is coming to the fore now.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2023, 12:49:44 pm »
16 More good work but in the end Trent's shot fires into the side netting to loud Bournemouth cheers. Let's hope we punish that and take one of our chances.

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destination Anfield(postponed)scratch that.Sorted
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2023, 12:50:00 pm »
That was the 6th Liverpool corner so far this half
Not your typical OOT. Do-er of good deeds.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2023, 12:51:37 pm »
18 Bournemouth get a free kick, though I don't think it was that bad but they seem content just to pass it around for now.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2023, 12:53:14 pm »
20 Some good defensive clearances from Trent there, as Bournemouth try and put some pressure on.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2023, 12:55:04 pm »
23 Nothing much happening. Hopefully Tepid can bring us a goal.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2023, 12:55:38 pm »
23 Nothing much happening. Hopefully Tepid can bring us a goal.
Is he in midfield.....?

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2023, 12:55:42 pm »
Bajcetic seems a little lost out there as if he’s not quite sure what his role is. Need to get him in the game a bit more

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2023, 12:56:11 pm »
Is he in midfield.....?

He's certainly not replacing anyone in the front three.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2023, 12:57:44 pm »
In news Gary Lineker will be attending the Leicester v Chelsea match this afternoon. I trust that will get some anti Tory chanting doing the rounds.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2023, 12:58:06 pm »
24 good spell by Bournemouth.  They are pressing high really relay well.  Need to make sure we get the ball to the front three more quickly. 

Bournemouth are good on the break though, Billing runs at us and gets a free kick for what looked like a good tackle by Konate.

25 yards out to the left of the D. Headed behind for a corner

Headed away by nunez 
W

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2023, 12:59:03 pm »
In news Gary Lineker will be attending the Leicester v Chelsea match this afternoon. I trust that will get some anti Tory chanting doing the rounds.
Maybe a chorus of You'll Never Walkers 'lone?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2023, 01:00:24 pm »
28 1-0 sigh

Move down their right, VVD didn’t deal with it very well and lets him get a cross in that’s tucked home. 
Poor that.  We’ve let our control slip
W

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2023, 01:01:02 pm »
28 1-0 sigh

Move down their right, VVD didn’t deal with it very well and lets him get a cross in that’s tucked home. 

Very poor from Virgil. Just stops

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2023, 01:01:34 pm »
28 1-0 sigh

We haven't got control in midfield at the moment and Bournemouth have runners everywhere with some real pace.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Bournemouth 1 v 0 Liverpool Billing 28’
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2023, 01:03:44 pm »
I think I just heard a few home fans singing, "We're gonna win 7-0!"  :o