Author Topic: Thiago Morton is a player. I’ve got his poster on my wall  (Read 50495 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Thiago Morton is a player. I’ve got his poster on my wall
« Reply #360 on: March 22, 2023, 02:30:55 pm »
You weren't wrong to be fair. Not many players more filled out then Huddlestone.

Loki is pretty svelte. He's getting a bad rap here.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #361 on: March 22, 2023, 02:39:50 pm »
Imagine he'll do pre-season with us and then either hang around as backup in case of an injury crisis or another loan/perm move. Can't see us actually planning to use him in the PL. He'll be a couple of months away from his 21 birthday once pre-season starts so whilst he is inexperienced he isn't exactly a kid.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #362 on: March 23, 2023, 02:26:44 pm »
You weren't wrong to be fair. Not many players more filled out then Huddlestone.

ha! beast mode, who couldnt run.

Loki a good passer though.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #363 on: March 23, 2023, 03:22:56 pm »
Imagine he'll do pre-season with us and then either hang around as backup in case of an injury crisis or another loan/perm move. Can't see us actually planning to use him in the PL. He'll be a couple of months away from his 21 birthday once pre-season starts so whilst he is inexperienced he isn't exactly a kid.

There's variables like Europe as well. If we're in the Europa/Conference League then that's at least 6 group games you'd want to be putting a few youngsters in for.

Also just how much we rebuild the midfield in the summer and how early we get players in, as he'd get a full pre-season to impress.

Klopp likes him but didn't seem to think he was strong enough ultimately for the PL. Whether a season at Blackburn will have toughened him up sufficiently, into his 20s you wouldn't expect him to fill out much more.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: March 23, 2023, 04:08:18 pm »
There's variables like Europe as well. If we're in the Europa/Conference League then that's at least 6 group games you'd want to be putting a few youngsters in for.

Also just how much we rebuild the midfield in the summer and how early we get players in, as he'd get a full pre-season to impress.

Klopp likes him but didn't seem to think he was strong enough ultimately for the PL. Whether a season at Blackburn will have toughened him up sufficiently, into his 20s you wouldn't expect him to fill out much more.
Morton's likely have a good career, but it'd be mad to keep him round for 6 European + league cuo games where he might not even start them all. They're the kind of minutes you give to Clark or whoever else is next up. That's how Morton got his chance (Clarkson went out on loan) and then Bajcetic his. It's good to have that kind of pathway for players, Klopp can test them and see who he trusts to keep round.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: April 10, 2023, 01:06:45 pm »
 Morton getting a lot of hate on Twitter from the Blackburn fans. All of them bewildered as to why he is starting etc.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: April 10, 2023, 01:59:35 pm »
It's always interesting that. Tomasson's played him pretty consistently in a pretty key role. I remember stories about the West Ham fans slagging off Mascherano. Mind you I don't think Pardew understood what a Mascherano was.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #367 on: April 10, 2023, 02:00:35 pm »
Morton getting a lot of hate on Twitter from the Blackburn fans. All of them bewildered as to why he is starting etc.

Probably playing for passes like the one that led to their goal  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #368 on: April 10, 2023, 02:21:22 pm »
Yeah I think that's why he plays.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: April 10, 2023, 02:49:22 pm »
He actually played very well. Blackburn absolutely dominated the game and he was involved in both goals to get them back in it. They had over 80% possession away from home and he stayed on for the 95 minutes.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #370 on: April 10, 2023, 03:42:52 pm »
He actually played very well. Blackburn absolutely dominated the game and he was involved in both goals to get them back in it. They had over 80% possession away from home and he stayed on for the 95 minutes.

Yeah. He was good.
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: April 11, 2023, 03:11:46 pm »
from what I see on here (I don't use Twitter) every single one of our players gets tons of shit on Twitter also.  so who gives a shit.

Offline RoverAndOut

• Main Stander
« Reply #372 on: April 16, 2023, 11:25:10 pm »
I think some Rovers fans were expecting an impact similar to Harvey Elliot when he arrived. Obviously that was misguided as Morton is simply nowhere near that level. In fairness he's got a dismal set of options in front of him, and his midfield partners are inconsistent at the best of times. We're disappointed Morton has only contributed two assists and no goals, considering the amount of playing time he's had, but he's far from our biggest issue - particularly when you've got the likes of Sam Gallagher up front making a mockery of football as a profession.

We've also got a young lad called Adam Wharton who our fans desperately want to see more of, as he's looked excellent in his few appearances this season, but Morton is in some ways blocking his path as the other one of the midfield two, Travis, is captain and plays the more defensive midfield role. that only leaves one spot available and the manager either prefers or is compelled to pick Morton. I have no idea if there's a contractual obligation to play him for a set % of matches where he's available.

Probably the most consistent criticism of Morton is his physical strength, and sometimes he seems to lack the desire to track back and get stuck in - both qualities needed at Championship level when you're in a midfield two. Might just be a case of the Championship not suiting Morton's abilities.

Our form has also been pretty poor lately, and of course all players tend to get some OTT criticism when results are bad. So, don't judge our fans too harshly. We're seeing another playoff opportunity slip away, as it has done year after year, so nobody is in the best mood. There might be some more balanced assessments of Morton's time here if we do manage to scrape a top six place this season.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #373 on: April 16, 2023, 11:32:14 pm »
I think some Rovers fans were expecting an impact similar to Harvey Elliot when he arrived. Obviously that was misguided as Morton is simply nowhere near that level. In fairness he's got a dismal set of options in front of him, and his midfield partners are inconsistent at the best of times. We're disappointed Morton has only contributed two assists and no goals, considering the amount of playing time he's had, but he's far from our biggest issue - particularly when you've got the likes of Sam Gallagher up front making a mockery of football as a profession.

We've also got a young lad called Adam Wharton who our fans desperately want to see more of, as he's looked excellent in his few appearances this season, but Morton is in some ways blocking his path as the other one of the midfield two, Travis, is captain and plays the more defensive midfield role. that only leaves one spot available and the manager either prefers or is compelled to pick Morton. I have no idea if there's a contractual obligation to play him for a set % of matches where he's available.

Probably the most consistent criticism of Morton is his physical strength, and sometimes he seems to lack the desire to track back and get stuck in - both qualities needed at Championship level when you're in a midfield two. Might just be a case of the Championship not suiting Morton's abilities.

Our form has also been pretty poor lately, and of course all players tend to get some OTT criticism when results are bad. So, don't judge our fans too harshly. We're seeing another playoff opportunity slip away, as it has done year after year, so nobody is in the best mood. There might be some more balanced assessments of Morton's time here if we do manage to scrape a top six place this season.

Thanks for the info/update. :)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #374 on: April 17, 2023, 09:56:20 am »
That's good feedback and tallies with what I've seen of him at Blackburn.  Whenever I watch him he's looked great when he's on the ball, but is always chasing players who have got away from him off it.  I think his lack of physical gifts will be the issue for us but I can see a world in which he's one of the back up midfielders.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: April 24, 2023, 02:46:55 pm »
He's out for the rest of the season now. Fractured metatarsal during Saturday's game with Preston North End.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tyler-morton-injury-update

Hopefully, fit for pre season.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #376 on: April 24, 2023, 02:54:49 pm »
Now he truly is a Liverpool midfielder.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: April 24, 2023, 02:58:17 pm »
He's out for the rest of the season now. Fractured metatarsal during Saturday's game with Preston North End.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tyler-morton-injury-update

Hopefully, fit for pre season.

That is a blow if he misses pre-season, that's his chance to impress and show he can be part of the squad. Particularly if we're in Europa/Conference next season.

Shame he misses the rest of their games though as they've got a decent chance of promotion at Wembley.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: April 24, 2023, 03:06:45 pm »

That is a blow if he misses pre-season, that's his chance to impress and show he can be part of the squad. Particularly if we're in Europa/Conference next season.

Shame he misses the rest of their games though as they've got a decent chance of promotion at Wembley.

What is it, 6 weeks out?

He should be back for pre season.

Offline RoverAndOut

• Main Stander
« Reply #379 on: April 25, 2023, 12:39:26 pm »

We really don't. Even if we somehow sneak into the playoffs (lose tonight and it's out of our hands) we'd get smashed in the semis. Nowhere near good enough.

Hopefully Morton's next loan move will suit him better, assuming he isn't used for Liverpool next season. Just didn't work out for him at Rovers. I wouldn't say he was bad for us, but he hasn't been impressive either. He played a lot, which is about as much as I can say about his time here.

Wishing him the best on his recovery and future career.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #380 on: April 25, 2023, 02:42:37 pm »
We really don't. Even if we somehow sneak into the playoffs (lose tonight and it's out of our hands) we'd get smashed in the semis. Nowhere near good enough.

Hopefully Morton's next loan move will suit him better, assuming he isn't used for Liverpool next season. Just didn't work out for him at Rovers. I wouldn't say he was bad for us, but he hasn't been impressive either. He played a lot, which is about as much as I can say about his time here.

He seems to have divided opinion among your supporters. As far as I can tell, he started out well, but his form has fluctuated throughout the second half of the season.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: April 26, 2023, 09:39:23 am »
He seems to have divided opinion among your supporters. As far as I can tell, he started out well, but his form has fluctuated throughout the second half of the season.

Like most of the Rovers players it would seem. Overall, I think his loan was very good.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: April 26, 2023, 12:14:26 pm »

Ta for this - it's the 'he played a lot' that jumps out for me. Tomasson seemed pretty keen on him.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: April 26, 2023, 05:55:33 pm »
From a Liverpool point of view, the amount of minutes he got was more important than his performances. We needed to get minutes into his legs and get his body more used to men's football.

Offline RoverAndOut

• Main Stander
« Reply #384 on: April 26, 2023, 09:27:23 pm »
Ta for this - it's the 'he played a lot' that jumps out for me. Tomasson seemed pretty keen on him.

Assuming there was no agreement in place for Morton to play a certain amount of games when fit, Tomasson definitely favoured him as our primary CM. He was in the first eleven pretty much every game when fit, and rarely substituted, so Tomasson trusted him as a player for the full 90.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #385 on: April 28, 2023, 09:36:20 pm »
Interesting take on him from Hardy...

The young midfielder has spent this season on loan at Blackburn, and Hardy said of his fellow Wirralian: “I think he will [make it], yeah. He should make it in the first team, he could become a regular.

“Just the way he’s so physically fit, he can run and he can cover ground, and technically he’s good as well.”

Wasn't one of the criticisms aimed at him that he wasn't very mobile?
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: April 29, 2023, 09:35:33 am »
Interesting take on him from Hardy...

The young midfielder has spent this season on loan at Blackburn, and Hardy said of his fellow Wirralian: “I think he will [make it], yeah. He should make it in the first team, he could become a regular.

“Just the way he’s so physically fit, he can run and he can cover ground, and technically he’s good as well.”

Wasn't one of the criticisms aimed at him that he wasn't very mobile?

It’s probably the speed around the park rather than the energy to run all day. The Premiership is played at an insane pace and if you’re half a yard off it you chase shadows. Huge step up to that level.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #387 on: April 29, 2023, 10:08:08 am »
Fella who I work with and is a Rovers season ticket holder said he was very hit and miss. Doesn't think he is anywhere near ready to play for a premier league club, never mind Liverpool. All about opinions I suppose.

Offline RoverAndOut

• Main Stander
« Reply #388 on: April 30, 2023, 12:38:30 pm »
The Championship is a very different league to the PL, and Morton was surrounded by players that are significantly less talented than who he'd be playing with at Liverpool, so it might be difficult to read a great deal into whether his loan at Rovers proves he's ready to play for Liverpool. On the other hand, it was obvious from the first few games Harvey Elliott played for us that he was going places, even though as a whole the team struggled that season.

Morton doesn't seem to have issues in terms of mobility, it's more than he doesn't always make the effort to bust a gut and track back to get stuck in when it's needed. Granted he usually had Travis beside him who does more of the dirty work, but in this league you really need both CM's committed to that part of the game when defending.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #389 on: November 21, 2023, 10:20:40 pm »
Anyone know how he’s getting on at Hull this season. Saw he scored and set up one for Harvey tonight
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: November 21, 2023, 10:24:00 pm »
Anyone know how he’s getting on at Hull this season. Saw he scored and set up one for Harvey tonight

Noises coming out of Hull all seem quite positive. Hopefully he can maintain it through the season. Seemed to all go a bit downhill for him at Blackburn after a decent start but it was his first proper season.

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #391 on: November 22, 2023, 08:52:11 pm »
I went to Goodison to see the Under 21 game. Morton always showed for the ball and has a good awareness of what is going on around him. But, he got knocked off the ball a bit too easily at times for my liking. On plus side, he scored a nice shot from the edge of the area and sprayed some good long range passes when he had time on the ball which, as Northern Ireland weren’t very good, was most of the time.

There’s a decent player in there. Whether he makes it an Anfield, time will tell.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #392 on: November 28, 2023, 10:51:39 pm »
Seems that he scored another goal today, and it was the most-important first goal.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #393 on: November 28, 2023, 11:01:11 pm »
Looked on a hull fans forum and he seems fans choice of motm last two matches

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: November 28, 2023, 11:17:49 pm »
He's working hard to earn back his place in the depth charts.

Offline BeingJohnMarkovic

• Anny Roader
  • Its All In The Game
« Reply #395 on: November 30, 2023, 11:30:45 am »
Hull fans seem quite keen on him. I'm not sure if he'll make it in the Premier League but he can definitely have a solid career. Hope he kicks on now and has a strong second half to the season.
It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #396 on: November 30, 2023, 11:36:17 am »
Well he's starting to pop up in England U21's isn't he? I wonder if he can push on for us

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #397 on: November 30, 2023, 11:50:58 am »
His development seems to be going quite well. Last season was as much about getting up to speed with the game and playing as many games as possible. Seemed like he did okay at Blackburn without being a standout player. This season is about showing the quality more regularly and becoming a key player in that Hull side as he appears to be doing. For his sake hopefully they're around the playoffs this season and then we can take it from there.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: November 30, 2023, 02:41:02 pm »
Apparently he's tasked with controlling the midfield for Hull.  That seems quite a big developmental step as, from what I saw, he didn't have that much responsibility in Blackburn's midfield last season.  Admittedly I only watched them a handful of times - if that - but he seemed to be tasked with screening the back four rather than dictating possession.

I agree that it's a big step from the Championship to the Premier League but some players look better when playing with and against better players - hopefully Morton will be one of those.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: November 30, 2023, 07:06:13 pm »
He never looked like he'd be up to it athletically. If he's grown out and has the pace and engine for the PL he could end up here or we'll make good money on him. There's certainly room in the squad for a young DM to come through, obviously we're all hoping it'd be Bacjetic but given his injury issues there's an opportunity there for Morton.