Author Topic: WE ARE LIVERPOOL!!! TRA-LA-LA-LA-LAAA!  (Read 4284 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
WE ARE LIVERPOOL!!! TRA-LA-LA-LA-LAAA!
« on: September 17, 2016, 01:04:04 pm »
I'm not sure there has been such a good song, so widely embraced and sung with so much gusto and enthusiasm from all sides of the ground?

I do like this song (Based, obviously on Brown Girl in the Ring by the fantastic Boney M) but the hairs stood up when the WHOLE GROUND including the miserable bastards around me sang their heads off to it in the Leicester game. It came out loud and proud last night as well in the ground against Chelsea.

It's a great song and lovely to see Liverpool fans from young and old singing it with such pleasure. It's a feel-good song and one we can all get involved with.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Re: WE ARE LIVERPOOL!!! TRA-LA-LA-LA-LAAA!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 01:41:18 pm »
One of my early memories is singing brown girl in the ring on the way to nursery in the back of my dad's car when I was a nipper.

I like our version. Really annoys our rivals as well. :)

Offline Redondos Barber

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 02:19:07 pm »
Am a big fan of this song myself. Positive, proud, simple and has a great driving, rhythmic quality like all the best chants/songs. We are in an era where nearly every chant you hear in English football  is negative, unimaginative (9 out of 10 times bellowed out to a snide, bastardized version of the Sloop John B melody), directed at the opposition team/supporters/home town rather than being proud and supporting your own club, What I like best about Poetry In Motion is it is none of these things but full of one thing that is in woefully short supply in professional football these days - joy. Tra la fucking la. 

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 02:44:00 pm »
I noticed it was getting sped up at Chelsea. We always get the best out of these songs when they are relatively slow and unrushed.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2023, 08:54:49 am »
"Poetry in motion, tra la la la la" sounds really good in this song, for me.

Love to hear that.

If you want to know the score,
Listen to the Anfield roar,
If you face us on the park,
Our bite is worse than our bark
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 01:01:22 am »
I immediately associate this chant with that 2013/14 title charge, those were sweet days.

Crazy how at some point we all thought Brendan Rodgers was the real deal. Have a lot of sympathy for the fella even if things went pearshaped.
The change is cast

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2023, 03:36:38 am »
I'm not sure there has been such a good song, so widely embraced and sung with so much gusto and enthusiasm from all sides of the ground?

I do like this song (Based, obviously on Brown Girl in the Ring by the fantastic Boney M) but the hairs stood up when the WHOLE GROUND including the miserable bastards around me sang their heads off to it in the Leicester game. It came out loud and proud last night as well in the ground against Chelsea.

It's a great song and lovely to see Liverpool fans from young and old singing it with such pleasure. It's a feel-good song and one we can all get involved with.

True. My little lads love to sing it with me
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Bob in Sydney

• Main Stander
  • 'Half a football team compared to the boys in red
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2023, 09:04:00 pm »
Does anyone else remember we used to sing a song to the same tune in the late '70's early '80's?

It was generally at games over 2 legs where we may be down on aggregate on the rare occasion.

If we were down by one for example, the song would be "one goal is not enough, tra la la la la" etc

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2023, 02:28:15 am »
Does anyone else remember we used to sing a song to the same tune in the late '70's early '80's?

It was generally at games over 2 legs where we may be down on aggregate on the rare occasion.

If we were down by one for example, the song would be "one goal is not enough, tra la la la la" etc

Its the old seventies song we used to sing,to the tune of brown girl in a ring by Boney M...

:scarf :scarf :scarf