Author Topic: Euro 2020 (2021) Chat & Final MATCH THREAD  (Read 524429 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Euro 2020 (2021) Group Stage - MATCH THREAD
« Reply #400 on: June 11, 2021, 10:10:29 pm »
:o

Is he suggesting that if you’re 2 on 1 with the keeper and one player rounds him and pulls the ball back to his teammate to tap in then it’s offside? 

Because it isn’t.

Doesn't look like that's what he's suggesting. What's the issue with that decision, its a clear offside?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: June 11, 2021, 10:14:26 pm »
Doesn't look like that's what he's suggesting. What's the issue with that decision, its a clear offside?

He says the direction of pass is irrelevant, only the location of the attacker with reference to the defender.

If he thinks the direction of pass is irrelevant then he thinks a player is offside if he doesn’t have two opponents between him and the goal even if the ball is played backwards to him.  He’s wrong.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #402 on: June 11, 2021, 10:16:39 pm »
He says the direction of pass is irrelevant, only the location of the attacker with reference to the defender.

If he thinks the direction of pass is irrelevant then he thinks a player is offside if he doesn’t have two opponents between him and the goal even if the ball is played backwards to him.  He’s wrong.

He's deleted the tweet ;D
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #403 on: June 11, 2021, 10:17:45 pm »
He's deleted the tweet ;D
He's one of the most annoying fuckers on Twitter. A know-nothing who thinks he knows it all.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: June 11, 2021, 10:20:03 pm »
He's one of the most annoying fuckers on Twitter. A know-nothing who thinks he knows it all.

Perfect for RAWK though.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: June 11, 2021, 10:20:39 pm »
I just won two cups in one gw!

Did you win the league in Boca's world though?  :D

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: June 11, 2021, 10:24:18 pm »

I don’t really know who he is, but I see him referenced on here occasionally basically justifying incorrect decision after incorrect decision and claiming the ref is always right.

He seems to be trying to out do Peter Walton.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #407 on: June 11, 2021, 10:26:58 pm »

It's not offside in a million years.  Which Dale has now acknowledged.  In the least gracious way possible, of course.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: June 11, 2021, 10:29:48 pm »

The attacker would be offside if he's ahead of the ball when it is played and he went back to get it.

Attacker on the six yard line, team mate half way between the penalty spot and the 6 yard line plays the ball back to the penalty spot. Attacker goes from 6 yard line to the penalty spot to score - he's offside.

Attacker on the penalty spot, team mate on the 6 yard line plays the ball back to the attacker to score - he's onside.

Almost certain that's the way of it.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: June 11, 2021, 10:33:01 pm »
It's not offside in a million years.  Which Dale has now acknowledged.  In the least gracious way possible, of course.

Just seen the corner there on Twitter. Didnt see it in real time. Don't know why he was claiming offside as you can't be offside from a corner.
I assume he thought the player receiving the ball played the corner to Insigne who played it back to him. He'd have been offside in that scenario.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #410 on: June 11, 2021, 10:33:23 pm »
Insigne created a buzz not a hum tonight.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: June 11, 2021, 10:35:06 pm »
Did you win the league in Boca's world though?  :D
yes! the very first season! i set the standard!

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: June 11, 2021, 10:35:28 pm »
The attacker would be offside if he's ahead of the ball when it is played and he went back to get it.

Attacker on the six yard line, team mate half way between the penalty spot and the 6 yard line plays the ball back to the penalty spot. Attacker goes from 6 yard line to the penalty spot to score - he's offside.

Attacker on the penalty spot, team mate on the 6 yard line plays the ball back to the attacker to score - he's onside.

Almost certain that's the way of it.

Yes you are quite right.  In my scenario I was making the assumption that the player was behind the ball when played, but there is a situation where the ball can be played backwards and you can be offside as you described.

That wasn’t what the Twitter chap was saying though as the bloke he reckoned was offside was standing right behind the bloke who passed him the ball, and so was also behind the ball.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: June 11, 2021, 10:36:00 pm »
I’m Icelandic. You might be thinking of Fjordy?
Oh, yep, He's another misunderstood, likeable weirdo. Not a funny as you Icey mate.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #414 on: June 11, 2021, 10:36:51 pm »
Turkey are done,put a fork in them.
;D

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: June 11, 2021, 10:38:01 pm »
Oh, yep, He's another misunderstood, likeable weirdo. Not a funny as you Icey mate.

Always thought Nick was an alright geyser.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: June 11, 2021, 10:43:14 pm »
Yes you are quite right.  In my scenario I was making the assumption that the player was behind the ball when played, but there is a situation where the ball can be played backwards and you can be offside as you described.

That wasn’t what the Twitter chap was saying though as the bloke he reckoned was offside was standing right behind the bloke who passed him the ball, and so was also behind the ball.

Well in that case, he's a fucking twat  ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: June 11, 2021, 10:44:07 pm »
yes! the very first season! i set the standard!

I wasn't in your division, null and void  ;D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: June 11, 2021, 10:44:23 pm »
I’m Icelandic. You might be thinking of Fjordy?

Bjig Djick Njick?

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #419 on: June 11, 2021, 10:45:06 pm »
Too soon to call it but Italy look like they could go all the way. No way England play that well against that average Turkey side.

Plus there is a lot to say for the passion and commitment Italian players seem to have for their team and each other. England play like a bunch of strangers half the time, and with no tactical awareness.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 10:47:14 pm by Morgana »

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: June 11, 2021, 10:45:58 pm »
Well in that case, he's a fucking twat  ;D

;D

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: June 11, 2021, 10:47:17 pm »
Bjig Djick Njick?

Bjick Djick Njicksson surely as all Icelandic people's names end in son.

Which is basically Richard Nixon.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #422 on: June 11, 2021, 10:50:25 pm »
Going Swiss, Danes and Belgians tomorrow.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #423 on: June 11, 2021, 10:52:29 pm »
I still feel as if this multi-nation host thing gives a lot of nations an unfair home advantage. Turkey were awful tonight but they were essentially playing an away game.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: June 11, 2021, 10:55:55 pm »
I still feel as if this multi-nation host thing gives a lot of nations an unfair home advantage. Turkey were awful tonight but they were essentially playing an away game.

Especially with the differing rules on fans attending. Hungary get to play at home in front a full stadium, unlike anyone else.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: June 11, 2021, 10:58:13 pm »
Going Swiss, Danes and Belgians tomorrow.
That's your drinks sorted but who you picking for the games tomorrow?

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #426 on: June 11, 2021, 11:12:27 pm »
Especially with the differing rules on fans attending. Hungary get to play at home in front a full stadium, unlike anyone else.

Yeah, that too. But the rules were made pre-COVID so that's how they had originally planned to hold this tournament anyway. Italy would have been playing in front of a lot more of their fans tonight. Which is unfair for some nations.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #427 on: June 11, 2021, 11:13:23 pm »
That's your drinks sorted but who you picking for the games tomorrow?

Ohhh tough one.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #428 on: June 11, 2021, 11:23:06 pm »
Yeah, that too. But the rules were made pre-COVID so that's how they had originally planned to hold this tournament anyway. Italy would have been playing in front of a lot more of their fans tonight. Which is unfair for some nations.

Yeah, normally you get one nation with the advantage due to hosting, two at most if smaller nations co host, so it's at least unfair on all the other nations as opposed to just a select few here. Not to mention the environmental impact of the event.

Was this multi nation tournament one of Platini's last "innovations" before being banned for being a corrupt fucker?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: June 11, 2021, 11:32:32 pm »
Tomorrows Fixtures:

Wales vs Switzerland

Denmark vs Finland

Belgium vs Russia

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: June 11, 2021, 11:38:21 pm »
Tomorrows Fixtures:

Wales vs Switzerland

Denmark vs Finland

Belgium vs Russia

Fancy Wales to give it a good welly. Denmark have never really impressed for me, bit of a boring team. Reckon Finland could get a result there. Big Rom to show he means business against Russia. Hopefully, its raining goals tomorrow.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: June 11, 2021, 11:51:45 pm »
Didn't expect such a result.
Believer

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #432 on: June 12, 2021, 02:44:06 am »
Saturday’s matches:

Wales vs Switzerland (Baku) 2pm UK time
Denmark vs Finland (Copenhagen) 5pm UK time
Belgium vs Russia (Saint Petersburg) 8pm UK time

Wales squad:
Goalkeepers: Wayne Hennessey (Crystal Palace), Danny Ward (Leicester City), Adam Davies (Stoke City)
Defenders: Ben Davies (Tottenham), Joe Rodon (Tottenham), Chris Mepham (Bournemouth), Chris Gunter (Charlton Athletic), Rhys Norrington-Davies (Sheffield United), Neco Williams (Liverpool), Connor Roberts (Swansea City), Ben Cabango (Swansea City), Tom Lockyer (Luton Town)
Midfielders: Joe Allen (Stoke City), Joe Morrell (Luton Town), Ethan Ampadu (Chelsea), Matthew Smith (Manchester City), Jonny Williams (Cardiff City), Aaron Ramsey (Juventus), Dylan Levitt (Manchester United), Rubin Colwill (Cardiff City), David Brooks (Bournemouth), Harry Wilson (Liverpool)
Forwards: Kieffer Moore (Cardiff City), Gareth Bale (Real Madrid), Tyler Roberts (Leeds United), Daniel James (Manchester United)

Switzerland squad:
Goalkeepers: Yvon Mvogo (PSV), Jonas Omlin (Montpellier), Yann Sommer (Mönchengladbach)
Defenders: Manuel Akanji (Dortmund), Loris Benito (Bordeaux), Eray Cömert (Basel), Nico Elvedi (Mönchengladbach), Jordan Lotomba (Nice), Kevin Mbabu (Wolfsburg), Becir Omeragic (Zürich), Ricardo Rodríguez (Torino), Fabian Schär (Newcastle United), Silvan Widmer (Basel)
Midfielders: Christian Fassnacht (Young Boys), Edimilson Fernandes (Mainz), Remo Freuler (Atalanta), Xherdan Shaqiri (Liverpool), Djibril Sow (Frankfurt), Ruben Vargas (Augsburg), Granit Xhaka (Arsenal), Denis Zakaria (Mönchengladbach), Steven Zuber (Frankfurt)
Forwards: Breel Embolo (Mönchengladbach), Mario Gavranović (Dinamo Zagreb), Admir Mehmedi (Wolfsburg), Haris Seferović (Benfica)

Denmark squad:
Goalkeepers: Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester), Jonas Lossl (Midtjylland), Frederik Ronnow (Schalke)
Defenders: Jens Stryger Larsen (Udinese), Simon Kjaer (AC Milan), Andreas Christensen (Chelsea), Joachim Andersen (Fulham), Daniel Wass (Valencia), Mathias Jorgensen (Copenhagen), Joakim Maehle (Atalanta), Jannik Vestergaard (Southampton), Nicolai Boilesen (Copenhagen)
Midfielders: Mathias Jensen (Brentford), Christian Norgaard (Brentford), Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg (Tottenham), Thomas Delaney (Dortmund), Anders Christiansen (Malmo), Christian Eriksen (Inter Milan), Mikkel Damsgaard (Sampdoria), Robert Skov (Hoffenheim)
Forwards: Martin Braithwaite (Barcelona), Andreas Cornelius (Parma), Andreas Skov Olsen (Bologna), Yussuf Poulsen (Leipzig), Kasper Dolberg (Nice), Jonas Wind (Copenhagen)

Finland squad:
Goalkeepers: Lukas Hradecky (Leverkusen), Jesse Joronen (Brescia), Anssi Jaakkola (Bristol Rovers)
Defenders: Paulus Arajuuri (Pafos), Robert Ivanov (Warta Poznan), Thomas Lam (Zwolle), Daniel O’Shaughnessy (HJK Helsinki), Jukka Raitala (Minnesota United), Joona Toivio (Hacken), Jere Uronen (Genk), Leo Vaisanen (Elfsborg), Sauli Vaisanen (Chievo)
Midfielders: Nikolai Alho (MTK Budapest), Fredrik Jensen (Augsburg), Glen Kamara (Rangers), Joni Kauko (Esbjerg), Robin Lod (Minnesota United), Rasmus Schuller (Djugarden), Pyry Soiri (Esbjerg), Tim Sparv (Larissa), Robert Taylor (Brann), Onni Valakari (Pafos)
Forwards:Marcus Forss (Brentford), Lassi Lappalainen (Montreal), Joel Pohjanpalo (Union Berlin), Teemu Pukki (Norwich)

Belgium squad:
Goalkeepers: Thibaut Courtois (Real Madrid), Simon Mignolet (Club Brugge), Mats Selz (Strasbourg)
Defenders: Toby Alderweireld (Tottenham), Dedryck Boyata (Hertha Berlin), Jason Denayer (Lyon), Thomas Vermaelen (Vissel Kobe), Jan Vertonghen (Benfica)
Midfielders: Timothy Castagne (Leicester), Nacer Chadli (Istanbul Basaksehir), Yannick Carrasco (Atletico Madrid), Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City), Leander Dendoncker (Wolves), Thorgan Hazard (Dortmund), Thomas Meunier (Dortmund), Dennis Praet (Leicester), Youri Tielemans (Leicester), Hans Vanaken (Club Brugge), Axel Witsel (Dortmund)
Forwards: Michy Batshuayi (Crystal Palace), Christian Benteke (Crystal Palace), Jeremy Doku (Rennes), Eden Hazard (Real Madrid), Romelu Lukaku (Inter Milan), Dries Mertens (Napoli), Leandro Trossard (Brighton)

Russia squad:
Goalkeepers: Yuri Dyupin (Rubin), Matvei Safonov (Krasnodar), Anton Shunin (Dinamo Moskva)
Defenders: Igor Diveev (CSKA Moskva), Georgi Dzhikiya (Spartak Moskva), Mario Fernandes (CSKA Moskva), Vyacheslav Karavaev (Zenit), Fedor Kudryashov (Antalyaspor), Andrei Semenov (Akhmat)
Midfielders: Dmitri Barinov (Lokomotiv Moskva), Denis Cheryshev (Valencia), Daniil Fomin (Dinamo Moskva), Aleksandr Golovin (Monaco), Daler Kuzyaev (Zenit), Andrei Mostovoy (Zenit), Maksim Mukhin (CSKA Moskva), Magomed Ozdoev (Zenit), Rifat Zhemaletdinov (Lokomotiv Moskva), Yuri Zhirkov (Zenit), Roman Zobnin (Spartak Moskva)
Forwards: Artem Dzyuba (Zenit), Aleksei Ionov (Krasnodar), Denis Makarov (Rubin), Aleksei Miranchuk (Atalanta), Aleksandr Sobolev (Spartak Moskva), Anton Zabolotny (CSKA Moskva)

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #433 on: June 12, 2021, 03:47:01 am »
italians looked really good but it's hard to judge cos turkey were so shite, they stood off of them from the very start and let italy have the ball essentially

Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: June 12, 2021, 08:38:07 am »
What are the chances of Neco Williams and Wilson starting?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #435 on: June 12, 2021, 09:03:53 am »
What are the chances of Neco Williams and Wilson starting?

Pretty high for Neco I think, although most likely at left back (or left wing back).

That Finland squad is a bit of an eye opener. Daniel O’Shaugnessy and RobertTaylor surely have British or Irish heritage. And I think Lassi Lappalainen might be my favourite name in the tournament.

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: June 12, 2021, 09:26:55 am »
Was this multi nation tournament one of Platini's last "innovations" before being banned for being a corrupt fucker?
Why limit yourself to being bribed by only one country when you could have seven!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: June 12, 2021, 09:30:01 am »
Why limit yourself to being bribed by only one country when you could have seven!

I loved how he said it’s to celebrate the diversity of Europe. The black players certainly would be racially abused in diverse ways.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #438 on: June 12, 2021, 11:01:19 am »
That Finland squad is a bit of an eye opener. Daniel O’Shaugnessy and RobertTaylor surely have British or Irish heritage.

O'Shaugnessy's dad is from Galway, while Taylor's dad played in the Finnish league when he was born. Both were born and grew up in Finland and have Finnish mothers

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #439 on: June 12, 2021, 11:08:42 am »
O'Shaugnessy's dad is from Galway, while Taylor's dad played in the Finnish league when he was born. Both were born and grew up in Finland and have Finnish mothers
I think it's quite obvious that we'd be favourites for these championships if all you ghastly countries hadn't stolen these proud sons of Erin. Harry, Jack, Declan, that Finnish lad and Thomas Delaney lifting the trophy in green was their destiny.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75