Author Topic: Sheffield United Thread: Can they avoid relegation? Hopefully not.  (Read 38277 times)

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Much prefer this lot to get 4th place. It's a great story, better than Wolves's with their suspicious link to Mendes.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Feasible that they could be in the top 4 after 27 games.. :o

« Last Edit: February 9, 2020, 04:07:28 pm by Medellin »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
Feasible that they could be in the top 4 after 27 games.. :o
Still in the FA Cup as well with a kind draw against Reading in the fifth round. If we wasn't on this mad run we are on this season Wilder would easily be the manager of the season.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Still in the FA Cup as well with a kind draw against Reading in the fifth round. If we wasn't on this mad run we are on this season Wilder would easily be the manager of the season.
if they get top 4 wilder is definitely manager of the season, deffo gets the LMA one from lower league managers, probably first time someone has won it back to back in different divisions

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
if they get top 4 wilder is definitely manager of the season, deffo gets the LMA one from lower league managers, probably first time someone has won it back to back in different divisions

Reminds me of Ipswich in the early 2000's when they came up and finished 5th with Marcus Stewart scoring loads of goals. Sheffield United don't have a goalscorer though which makes it even more remarkable.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
Much prefer this lot to get 4th place. It's a great story, better than Wolves's with their suspicious link to Mendes.

Yes, would love them to do it. Two points separating them from both Tottenham and Chelsea. What a story it would be. Lampard is already looking jaded. Looks like he wanted to buy in the window but wasn't allowed to; Mourinho also will have a tight-arsed chairman to blame if they don't make the CL next season. I fancy a bit of Sheffield versus Real Madrid in the knock-out stages next season. What a lark!!! :lmao

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
I think Klopp deserves it just for how consistently great we've been this season but if Wilder wins it I wouldn't oppose him that's for sure as he's an absolute class act. I've always wondered if he was foreign how he would be rated because when the best managers in the world are talked about his name is never mentioned yet he's been one of the best in the business for a good few years now. Bossed it at Northampton and has done so ever since he's been at Sheffield United as well.

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
Sheffield Utd finishing 4th would be on par with us winning the league and going invincible.   It's an incredible achievement tbf.
Klopp that!

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
Hope they win every league game between now and the end of the season.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
Sheffield Utd finishing 4th would be on par with us winning the league and going invincible.   It's an incredible achievement tbf.

Not really.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline mike777

• Anny Roader
Not really.

Got to factor in resources and were they have come from; they were a Div 1 club when he took over.
Don't get me wrong if we win the league invincible (or back up with the CL as well) clearly for that I think Klopp should get it. Emphasise that.  But I wouldn't be ranting and raving if they gave it Wilder if they made CL and unless we go invincible and/or win the Champions League it is possible Wilder will get it.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm certainly cheering for them to somehow grab 4th.

Plus their manager loves us - so the least we can do is return the favor with some positive vibes.

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
Surely Henderson the keeper pushes for a permanent move to Sheffield Utd if they make the CL.   Would be a step backwards for him to play at Old Trafford next season.   
Klopp that!

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
Just had a leak at their remaining fixtures, they’ve got a kind run in apart from away trips to Man Utd and Leicester too

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Just had a leak at their remaining fixtures, they’ve got a kind run in apart from away trips to Man Utd and Leicester too
You mean they've played us twice already 😄
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
Let's hope the real United finishes 4th, not the phonies from Old Trafford.
Klopp that!

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
They score and concede about a goal every game.  I don't like their chances of 4th.

I can see them running out of legs and goals in the last 5-10 games. 

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
They score and concede about a goal every game.  I don't like their chances of 4th.

I can see them running out of legs and goals in the last 5-10 games. 

They have the second best defence in the country?

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Surely Henderson the keeper pushes for a permanent move to Sheffield Utd if they make the CL.   Would be a step backwards for him to play at Old Trafford next season.

For some reason the extreme truthiness of this made me laugh! :lmao
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design

Looks like they're even closer now
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
Would be great if they could do it I’m rooting for them

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
A visionary thread title, if I do say so myself. Sheffield United are officially my second PL team. They will get Champions League. Can't wait to see Messi at Bramall Lane.  :D

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
If everyone continues their form since December 1st they get 6th and actually Everton would be the team to pip the to 5th as they’ve been going at 2 points per game unlike the rest. Chelsea have the worse form just above 1 point per game.

It’d be:

Spurs
Everton
Sheff United
Man United
Chelsea
Wolves
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
Id be amazed if everton keep that up. They've had some pretty easy fixtures during that period and have 8/12 against the rest of the top 10 with 5 if them away.

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
Been a breath of fresh air this season, if the season hadn't stopped midway through due to COVID I'm certain they would of made the top four.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
If everyone continues their form since December 1st they get 6th and actually Everton would be the team to pip the to 5th as they’ve been going at 2 points per game unlike the rest. Chelsea have the worse form just above 1 point per game.

It’d be:

Spurs
Everton
Sheff United
Man United
Chelsea
Wolves

Everton’s luck will soon dry up.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Everton’s luck will soon dry up.
:lmao

Luck...

:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Going down?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Going down?

Doubt it as can make a case for three worse but they need to make a few less passes and give brewster a chance

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Going down?

Fulham, Burnley and WBA are probably worse, but Sheffield Utd are definitely candidates for relegation ...

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
Going down?
Yes please. Ground floor, haberdashery.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Manager Chris Wilder has claimed the influence of foreign players in the Premier League has made gamesmanship more prevalent. Damn them foreign lads coming in to our league and influencing our honest lads and making them dive and cheat.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Manager Chris Wilder has claimed the influence of foreign players in the Premier League has made gamesmanship more prevalent. Damn them foreign lads coming in to our league and influencing our honest lads and making them dive and cheat.

Oh dear  :butt

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan

Christ. For one opposing manager who I thought was sound...
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
I like Chris Wilder, but that's complete and utter bollocks.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What is it with white English managers being xenophobic c*nts and why do they never get called out on it?

If I blamed all bad behaviour on a foreigner in work, I'm fairly sure I'd be swiftly hauled round to DHR for a disciplinary meeting.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
What is it with white English managers being xenophobic c*nts and why do they never get called out on it?

If I blamed all bad behaviour on a foreigner in work, I'm fairly sure I'd be swiftly hauled round to DHR for a disciplinary meeting.

Because xenophobia is deeply rooted in our media and in our society as a whole.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
Shocking from Wilder. A rare case where a veteran manager has to learn from a young player - Rhian Brewster.

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Shocking from Wilder. A rare case where a veteran manager has to learn from a young player - Rhian Brewster.

Speaking of which - has he played much at all anyone?