Author Topic: Five English clubs named in ‘European Super League’ plan for 2021  (Read 38608 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Five English clubs named in ‘European Super League’ plan for 2021
« Reply #480 on: April 18, 2021, 06:33:48 pm »
Out of interest Al how does calling this out suddenly make the game more open and fairer? We have a Premier League who allows sport washing individuals to own football clubs, we have UEFA who have now trampled on their own FFP, and whose current suggestions for the CL are total wank. While I don't entirely support this I find it really hard to speak up for those currently running the game, who have been so utterly useless.

I agree completely that we need reform. That reform though has to have at it's core the good of the game.

The ESL is just about making billionaire owners richer. The biggest worry is that this League will govern itself. If it ends up outside the governing bodies then they could do anything they want. The sport will come second to generating money for the owners of the franchises. When it is all about generating income then why have niceties like 45 minutes between ad breaks.

Why have a franchise in a city like Liverpool whose fans walk out over ticket prices.

The irony is that people are complaining about sports washing. When you have weak or no governing bodies then you will have a situation like boxing where the biggest fights go to the countries who are prepared to pay the most.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #481 on: April 18, 2021, 06:34:30 pm »
So what do you do? You make it worse..

I dislike this proposal - it’s just wrong. But let’s not pretend the game is ok as it is.

Something fundamentally has to change. But not like this.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: April 18, 2021, 06:36:25 pm »
I sort of disagree and agree with this super league for different reasons.

But I find the anger about it from the media a bit odd to be honest

It is the English media, after all. For them, this is like a proposal to abolish the monarchy ...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #483 on: April 18, 2021, 06:37:26 pm »
I sort of disagree and agree with this super league for different reasons.

But I find the anger about it from the media a bit odd to be honest

Same here.

FIFA & UEFA can both fuck right off,it isn't and has never been their fucking game,gang of corrupt c*nts have done nothing but fail upwards.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #484 on: April 18, 2021, 06:38:30 pm »
I dislike this proposal - it’s just wrong. But let’s not pretend the game is ok as it is.

Something fundamentally has to change. But not like this.

I agree completely. It reminds me of Brexit. We knew the status quo wasn't right but instead of staying and trying to reform the likes of UEFA we are looking to jump from the frying pan into the fire.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #485 on: April 18, 2021, 06:40:01 pm »
The funny thing is seeing the reaction of fans of clubs not on the list.

Their clubs are only against it because they aren’t in it.

Say hello to project Big Picture 2.0, the 'big' clubs revenge.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: April 18, 2021, 06:41:59 pm »
I agree completely that we need reform. That reform though has to have at it's core the good of the game.

The ESL is just about making billionaire owners richer. The biggest worry is that this League will govern itself. If it ends up outside the governing bodies then they could do anything they want. The sport will come second to generating money for the owners of the franchises. When it is all about generating income then why have niceties like 45 minutes between ad breaks.

Why have a franchise in a city like Liverpool whose fans walk out over ticket prices.

The irony is that people are complaining about sports washing. When you have weak or no governing bodies then you will have a situation like boxing where the biggest fights go to the countries who are prepared to pay the most.

Well, we don't have to be in the ESL. Our fans can make it clear to our owners that we don't want to have anything with it. Losing our best players to the ESL clubs will be painful, but we will keep the purity of the game, the same purity that is being dead since 1992 anyway ...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #487 on: April 18, 2021, 06:43:06 pm »
I agree completely. It reminds me of Brexit. We knew the status quo wasn't right but instead of staying and trying toreform the likes of UEFA we are looking to jump from the frying pan into the fire.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #488 on: April 18, 2021, 06:43:22 pm »
I agree completely. It reminds me of Brexit. We knew the status quo wasn't right but instead of staying and trying to reform the likes of UEFA we are looking to jump from the frying pan into the fire.

Haha - I was thinking exactly that - the parallels are uncannily similar.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby