Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5736479 times)

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Artettacking Front Four?
« Reply #58201 on: April 23, 2021, 09:54:36 pm »
What are Arsenal fans demands here? I've tried looking through some of their Supporter Groups on Twitter but can't seem to see any statements.

Kroenke Out is all well and good - but are they looking for fan ownership? fans on the board? or do they just want a new owner? Every Arsenal fan I've spoken to just seems to want a new owner that will spend freely - which seems odd.
YNWA.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #58202 on: April 23, 2021, 09:55:16 pm »
Fuck right off Arsenal. 6 points gift wrapped to those horrible bastards.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58203 on: April 23, 2021, 09:57:11 pm »
What are Arsenal fans demands here? I've tried looking through some of their Supporter Groups on Twitter but can't seem to see any statements.

Kroenke Out is all well and good - but are they looking for fan ownership? fans on the board? or do they just want a new owner? Every Arsenal fan I've spoken to just seems to want a new owner that will spend freely - which seems odd.

I want a new owner that will spend freely

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58204 on: April 23, 2021, 10:02:11 pm »
https://twitter.com/WelBeast/status/1385641375157325825?s=19
Putting tonights result aside, were they all opportunist because the know they're shite or were they genuinely looking for changes in the game?

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #58205 on: April 23, 2021, 10:16:24 pm »
Putting tonights result aside, were they all opportunist because the know they're shite or were they genuinely looking for changes in the game?

I don't know. But I suspect Arteta will get the boot before Kroenke goes. A vanity signing, like Lampard and the fraud that is Pirlo (or ESL Pirlo as he will be known for ever more).
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58206 on: April 23, 2021, 10:19:27 pm »
No wonder Kroenke wanted a closed league fecking hell this is the worst arse side iv seen i think.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58207 on: April 23, 2021, 10:25:21 pm »
Another shocker by var, like the Fulham pen. We get one every game.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58208 on: April 23, 2021, 10:31:35 pm »
Another shocker by var, like the Fulham pen. We get one every game.

Hey! That's our line!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #58209 on: April 23, 2021, 10:36:32 pm »

I can't say I have my finger on the Emirates pulse, but if they were flying and looking good I doubt we'd have seen anything like as much of a protest. At the moment, it's a good time to mobilise your discontent if you are not happy with your team's form and/or have a gripe with the owner.

To be honest, I get the feeling that there's a lot of headless chickenry just now. It's ok demanding owners go, but there's very little consideration over who or what replaces them. The kinds of people who can buy a top-end Premier League club don't tend to be nice, cuddly and principled. I'll be absolutely honest here; I genuinely believe that, deep down, an awful lot of people secretly hope they can get owners like Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Dubai, China etc into their clubs. Look at how Bitters play holier than thou, but are basically on their knees praying that the Uzbek mobster is funding them or will do in the future. Look at how Newcastle fans suddenly washed their hands of all principle when they were almost bought out by unfit potential owners recently.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 10:39:05 pm by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58210 on: April 23, 2021, 11:19:14 pm »

Changes at Arsenal, not the game . Although if legislation comes in to stop businessmen taking over a club just to leverage it for other business interests.  Then the likes of Kroenke wont be allowed to own and ruin clubs anymore.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58211 on: April 24, 2021, 04:52:32 am »
I don't know. I think we have spent a decent amount of money. Recruitment has been horrendous though.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58212 on: April 24, 2021, 08:05:10 am »
It's ok demanding owners go, but there's very little consideration over who or what replaces them. The kinds of people who can buy a top-end Premier League club don't tend to be nice, cuddly and principled. I'll be absolutely honest here; I genuinely believe that, deep down, an awful lot of people secretly hope they can get owners like Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Dubai, China etc into their clubs. Look at how Bitters play holier than thou, but are basically on their knees praying that the Uzbek mobster is funding them or will do in the future. Look at how Newcastle fans suddenly washed their hands of all principle when they were almost bought out by unfit potential owners recently.
Yep mate, it frightens the fuck out of me who or what could take a liking to owning the Reds.
Changes at Arsenal, not the game .
And they were out in numbers demanding it, I was really surprised. Whether you/we should be careful what you wish for (as SoS says) or not, its impressive that people are prepared to mobilise. I guess lethargy and acceptance have got us to were we are now in the game.
Have you got any more info on the nature of how Kroenke is leveraging the club mate?

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58213 on: April 24, 2021, 09:50:52 am »
Yep mate, it frightens the fuck out of me who or what could take a liking to owning the Reds.And they were out in numbers demanding it, I was really surprised. Whether you/we should be careful what you wish for (as SoS says) or not, its impressive that people are prepared to mobilise. I guess lethargy and acceptance have got us to were we are now in the game.
Have you got any more info on the nature of how Kroenke is leveraging the club mate?

Back when I cared and used to look into it, about 10 years ago, it was clear that his portfolio of sports businesses wasnt very impressive, and he needed a mega money centre piece that he can use to buy all sorts of American sports franchises he wanted to buy and wasnt getting any traction with the banks.
The year Kroenke bought Arsenal we were the most profitable team in world football for that season. Once he got his hands on us he got all the bank loans he wanted and  it clinched a lot of deals for him so it was a very smart business move. Ideally for him wed stay in the top 4 forever, we did in his first 8 years,  slowly getting worse every year. Now we are mid table and it takes more than a business plan to get us going again.
We still make money,  but not the cash cow that was going to help him get bigger and bigger in the US. A move into the super league would've clinched that. A 20 + year guarantee of mega income even if he spends nothing and we get smashed every week.
The problem is they wont sell unless the fans really do something drastic. For me it means empty stadium post covid and no season ticket sales.
There will be plenty of buyers if we get put up for sale, I understand business people are ruthless by nature, but they need to have some sporting ambition beyond making the money.

The liverpool owners I wouldn't put in the same category as Kroenke or the Glazers. I think they are better, probably even decent owners and half decent people.
Where they got it wrong is pretending to "get" liverpool, english football,  or football as a whole. Should've said we are new to this and will make mistakes, I wouldn't get rid if they owned my club, even if their repeated mistakes are starting to get indefensible.
Kroenke and the Glazers are just c*nts, no redeeming factors.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 09:55:47 am by The North Bank »

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58214 on: April 24, 2021, 11:13:04 am »
Not being talked much but for the price he was transferred, Partey has been nothing more than average.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58215 on: April 24, 2021, 02:24:24 pm »
For the Kronke's, it's just a culmination of things. Forced buy out, lack of investment, lack of dialogue with the support, extortionate ticket prices, player pay cuts, redundancies, the Super League, lack of care for those that have Highbury flat issues to name but a few.
Sometimes it's not even what they do, but it's the way that they do things which is most concerning.

I can appreciate that they aren't all bad, & that they don't interfere too much on the football side of things & sort of let the football management get on with things which apart from extra financial support is a big thing football wise you want in an owner, but yeah, the fact that it's coincided with 15 years of gradually poor performance is a big thing as well.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58216 on: April 24, 2021, 03:08:02 pm »
We went 30 years without a league title, during which we had 3 different sets of owners and a myriad of managers.  In the end, unless you get a sugar daddy or Hicks/Gillett, you're basically hoping for decent owners who can grow the club.  But when you're not only up against the traditional powers (us, United, Arsenal) but also City and Chelsea pumping money in, you basically need a Klopp-type manager.

Arsenal's spending is probably not too dissimilar from Liverpool or United in the last 5 years.  But if I were to ask which team got 97 points, 99 points, and 2 CL finals, you wouldn't necessarily have an easy answer, until you're told that Liverpool have Klopp and United had a Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal on his way out, a washed up Mourinho, and Ole while Arsenal had a Wenger on his way out, Unai Emery, and Mikel Arteta.  FSG are probably better owners than the Glazers or Kroenke, but this non-sugar daddy model is going to require an elite manager to build his way to the top.  You look at City and Liverpool since 2015, and you look at everyone else, there's been a seismic gap (until this year anyway).  No surprise when it's Pep at City and Klopp at Liverpool.  United and Arsenal are trying to compete with the mega-rich clubs and a traditional power with inexperienced managers or bad fits.  If Arteta is a decent manager and Arsenal make decent signings, if this was the 90s, you'd be competing for a title with United, provided you can hold off a fading Liverpool and flashes in the pan at Blackburn and Newcastle.  Today though?  You can catch us on a bad year, but you'd still be 4th with that and if you run into a good non-top side having a good year, you'd be fighting for even a CL spot.

You basically need owners that manage the team decently and spend a bit but a manager that can overperform.  Klopp is the key reason everything worked for us the last five years.  Liverpool's transfers (the committee, the failed signings, the big money flops) were a joke for years.  Klopp comes in.  Lo and behold, everyone at the club look like geniuses.  Klopp is willing to be convinced on players, on second choices, whether out of necessity or special circumstance (like Salah over Brandt, Robertson after being priced out for Mendy, Jota over Werner, etc).  At the same time, when the VVD saga happened, he didn't tell the group to get another CB.  He was willing to wait but at the same time not blame anyone.  Can you imagine someone like Mourinho after our 4-1 defeat to Spurs where Lovren looked like a pub player?  He'd be leaking things to his mate Duncan Castles everyday about being undermined with transfers and throwing everyone under the bus in public.  Klopp got on with it, dealt with the poor start to the season, got VVD anyway, and the rest is history.  It takes a special manager that can make this model work so well.

Five years ago, if you remove the oil clubs and look at Liverpool, Arsenal, United, Dortmund, Bayern, Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Juventus, you'd say that Liverpool were the worst-run of that lot.  Klopp comes in, and five years later, you'd argue that Liverpool were the best-run of that lot.  It's not a coincidence.

On the flip side, you can look at Dortmund.  Post-Klopp, BVB was established as the #2 team in the Bundesliga.  They have had many 50 million pound players come through that can help them eventually build their side.  Aubameyang, Dembele, and Pulisic were some of the big sales.  Sancho, Haaland, Reyna, and Moukoko surely will join that list.  With such efficient transfer movements, surely they'd be well-established as the #2 team and maybe even challenge in Europe?  Nope, they're struggling to get into the Top 4 even in Germany (and not for the first time in the last few years).  It's pretty simple:  they're going to end up with 6 managers in 6 years:  Thomas Tuchel, Peter Bosz, Peter Stöger (interim), Lucien Favre, Edin Terzic (interim), and soon Marco Rose.  No matter what great plans your club has, if you go through managers like Chelsea does, you're going to have a bad time unless you have sugar daddy owners.

It's simple enough for Arsenal really.  Get an elite manager, sign some players, and they'll be better as long as the owners aren't sabotaging the club.  If you're hiring decent managers or inexperienced ones or bad fits, you'll be stuck where you are, just like we were for years and years.  We had 8 managers since Kenny won the title in 1990.  Outside of Rafa being sabotaged by bad ownership, many managers of all kinds of qualifications, experience, connections to the club, etc have come and gone without a title.  It took until Klopp for us to finally win a title.

Put it this way, if in 2015, Arsenal hired Klopp and we hired someone that didn't work and then followed it up with Emery and Arteta, which of the clubs would've been challenging for titles?  Maybe FSG is quite a ways better than Kroenke, but their success can be attributed to their appointment of Klopp.  Everything else (the sporting director, the scouting network, the Harvard PHD data science guys, the nutritionists, etc) works around him.  Klopp is what makes it tick.  Until Arsenal find a sugar daddy or find their version of Klopp, they'll be a fringe CL-type team.  We know.  We've seen it for decades ourselves.

Or just throw Joe Willock on in the last 5 minutes of every match as he seems to have the magic touch.
King Kenny.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #58217 on: April 24, 2021, 03:25:48 pm »
Back when I cared and used to look into it, about 10 years ago, it was clear that his portfolio of sports businesses wasnt very impressive, and he needed a mega money centre piece that he can use to buy all sorts of American sports franchises he wanted to buy and wasnt getting any traction with the banks.
The year Kroenke bought Arsenal we were the most profitable team in world football for that season. Once he got his hands on us he got all the bank loans he wanted and  it clinched a lot of deals for him so it was a very smart business move. Ideally for him wed stay in the top 4 forever, we did in his first 8 years,  slowly getting worse every year. Now we are mid table and it takes more than a business plan to get us going again.
We still make money,  but not the cash cow that was going to help him get bigger and bigger in the US. A move into the super league would've clinched that. A 20 + year guarantee of mega income even if he spends nothing and we get smashed every week.
The problem is they wont sell unless the fans really do something drastic. For me it means empty stadium post covid and no season ticket sales.
There will be plenty of buyers if we get put up for sale, I understand business people are ruthless by nature, but they need to have some sporting ambition beyond making the money.

The liverpool owners I wouldn't put in the same category as Kroenke or the Glazers. I think they are better, probably even decent owners and half decent people.
Where they got it wrong is pretending to "get" liverpool, english football,  or football as a whole. Should've said we are new to this and will make mistakes, I wouldn't get rid if they owned my club, even if their repeated mistakes are starting to get indefensible.
Kroenke and the Glazers are just c*nts, no redeeming factors.

Kroenke was already worth billions when we bought Arsenal in 2005, he didn't need help getting financing.  All of that also ignores his wife is a Walton heir who's worth just as much as he is.  Not to say he's a not a shit owner but buying Arsenal didn't open any new doors for him.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58218 on: April 24, 2021, 04:59:52 pm »
Kroenke was already worth billions when we bought Arsenal in 2005, he didn't need help getting financing.  All of that also ignores his wife is a Walton heir who's worth just as much as he is.  Not to say he's a not a shit owner but buying Arsenal didn't open any new doors for him.

Personal wealth and corporate wealth are completely different things. It's his companies that were building a  portfolio,  how much he has is irrelevant,  he doesnt use his own money. Arsenal had a lot of cash reserves , back when "wenger was refusing to spend". Arsenal made his businesses cash rich at that time. That's what banks want to see.
Bought us in 2011.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 05:02:42 pm by The North Bank »

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #58219 on: April 24, 2021, 05:01:03 pm »
For the Kronke's, it's just a culmination of things. Forced buy out, lack of investment...

Is this the same Arsenal that have spent £443m (net spend £250m) over the past 5 seasons?  Fourth highest net spend in the league? That doesn’t scream lack of investment or restricted spending to me. 

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58220 on: April 24, 2021, 05:04:51 pm »
Is this the same Arsenal that have spent £443m (net spend £250m) over the past 5 seasons?  Fourth highest net spend in the league? That doesn’t scream lack of investment or restricted spending to me.

50m a season net is not freely spending. Just spending what the club made after being 20 years running in cl. Anyone can do that. Hardly a sign of pushing the boat out or being ambitious

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58221 on: April 24, 2021, 05:14:48 pm »
We went 30 years without a league title, during which we had 3 different sets of owners and a myriad of managers.  In the end, unless you get a sugar daddy or Hicks/Gillett, you're basically hoping for decent owners who can grow the club.  But when you're not only up against the traditional powers (us, United, Arsenal) but also City and Chelsea pumping money in, you basically need a Klopp-type manager.

Arsenal's spending is probably not too dissimilar from Liverpool or United in the last 5 years.  But if I were to ask which team got 97 points, 99 points, and 2 CL finals, you wouldn't necessarily have an easy answer, until you're told that Liverpool have Klopp and United had a Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal on his way out, a washed up Mourinho, and Ole while Arsenal had a Wenger on his way out, Unai Emery, and Mikel Arteta.  FSG are probably better owners than the Glazers or Kroenke, but this non-sugar daddy model is going to require an elite manager to build his way to the top.  You look at City and Liverpool since 2015, and you look at everyone else, there's been a seismic gap (until this year anyway).  No surprise when it's Pep at City and Klopp at Liverpool.  United and Arsenal are trying to compete with the mega-rich clubs and a traditional power with inexperienced managers or bad fits.  If Arteta is a decent manager and Arsenal make decent signings, if this was the 90s, you'd be competing for a title with United, provided you can hold off a fading Liverpool and flashes in the pan at Blackburn and Newcastle.  Today though?  You can catch us on a bad year, but you'd still be 4th with that and if you run into a good non-top side having a good year, you'd be fighting for even a CL spot.

You basically need owners that manage the team decently and spend a bit but a manager that can overperform.  Klopp is the key reason everything worked for us the last five years.  Liverpool's transfers (the committee, the failed signings, the big money flops) were a joke for years.  Klopp comes in.  Lo and behold, everyone at the club look like geniuses.  Klopp is willing to be convinced on players, on second choices, whether out of necessity or special circumstance (like Salah over Brandt, Robertson after being priced out for Mendy, Jota over Werner, etc).  At the same time, when the VVD saga happened, he didn't tell the group to get another CB.  He was willing to wait but at the same time not blame anyone.  Can you imagine someone like Mourinho after our 4-1 defeat to Spurs where Lovren looked like a pub player?  He'd be leaking things to his mate Duncan Castles everyday about being undermined with transfers and throwing everyone under the bus in public.  Klopp got on with it, dealt with the poor start to the season, got VVD anyway, and the rest is history.  It takes a special manager that can make this model work so well.

Five years ago, if you remove the oil clubs and look at Liverpool, Arsenal, United, Dortmund, Bayern, Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Juventus, you'd say that Liverpool were the worst-run of that lot.  Klopp comes in, and five years later, you'd argue that Liverpool were the best-run of that lot.  It's not a coincidence.

On the flip side, you can look at Dortmund.  Post-Klopp, BVB was established as the #2 team in the Bundesliga.  They have had many 50 million pound players come through that can help them eventually build their side.  Aubameyang, Dembele, and Pulisic were some of the big sales.  Sancho, Haaland, Reyna, and Moukoko surely will join that list.  With such efficient transfer movements, surely they'd be well-established as the #2 team and maybe even challenge in Europe?  Nope, they're struggling to get into the Top 4 even in Germany (and not for the first time in the last few years).  It's pretty simple:  they're going to end up with 6 managers in 6 years:  Thomas Tuchel, Peter Bosz, Peter Stöger (interim), Lucien Favre, Edin Terzic (interim), and soon Marco Rose.  No matter what great plans your club has, if you go through managers like Chelsea does, you're going to have a bad time unless you have sugar daddy owners.

It's simple enough for Arsenal really.  Get an elite manager, sign some players, and they'll be better as long as the owners aren't sabotaging the club.  If you're hiring decent managers or inexperienced ones or bad fits, you'll be stuck where you are, just like we were for years and years.  We had 8 managers since Kenny won the title in 1990.  Outside of Rafa being sabotaged by bad ownership, many managers of all kinds of qualifications, experience, connections to the club, etc have come and gone without a title.  It took until Klopp for us to finally win a title.

Put it this way, if in 2015, Arsenal hired Klopp and we hired someone that didn't work and then followed it up with Emery and Arteta, which of the clubs would've been challenging for titles?  Maybe FSG is quite a ways better than Kroenke, but their success can be attributed to their appointment of Klopp.  Everything else (the sporting director, the scouting network, the Harvard PHD data science guys, the nutritionists, etc) works around him.  Klopp is what makes it tick.  Until Arsenal find a sugar daddy or find their version of Klopp, they'll be a fringe CL-type team.  We know.  We've seen it for decades ourselves.

Or just throw Joe Willock on in the last 5 minutes of every match as he seems to have the magic touch.

I agree with that, and while I find the liverpool owners ok , they are by no means spectacular.  The best thing they did was hire Klopp, some would say a no brainer at the time.
But klopp will go the same way as wenger if he doesnt get backed. Elite managers need support or they'll be left behind too. Wenger could not recreate the team he had in his first 6 years, which won 3 titles. We ll see if Klopp gets the backing to recreate the last 4 years.
If we do find an elite manager, we ll get relatively short term success, which will fade when his team fades. For sustained success. Unfortunately we need a different type of owner. Not the pure businessman, who seems to be usually  American and doesn't  have much passion to be the best.

Fucking Willock, couldn't hit a barn door for us, now his goals to minutes ratio is like messi 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 05:17:51 pm by The North Bank »

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #58222 on: April 24, 2021, 05:35:01 pm »
Personal wealth and corporate wealth are completely different things. It's his companies that were building a  portfolio,  how much he has is irrelevant,  he doesnt use his own money. Arsenal had a lot of cash reserves , back when "wenger was refusing to spend". Arsenal made his businesses cash rich at that time. That's what banks want to see.
Bought us in 2011.

Can you find one reputable source that KSE couldn't get financing until they bought Arsenal?  I may have the date wrong but 2011 is wrong as well. 

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58223 on: April 24, 2021, 05:41:11 pm »
Can you find one reputable source that KSE couldn't get financing until they bought Arsenal?  I may have the date wrong but 2011 is wrong as well.

He bought about 9% in 2007. Took a controlling interest in 2011. Lots of underhanded tactics with that too, to force David dein and usmanov out, they had more shares until then.

There were plenty of publications at the time, which is why I was totally against the take over, it’s all too late to protest now. I don’t see anything changing.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #58224 on: April 24, 2021, 05:55:19 pm »
He bought about 9% in 2007. Took a controlling interest in 2011. Lots of underhanded tactics with that too, to force David dein and usmanov out, they had more shares until then.

There were plenty of publications at the time, which is why I was totally against the take over, it’s all too late to protest now. I don’t see anything changing.

He had the 29.9% in 2008 needed to force the rest of the sale. 

Plenty of publications that Kroenke needed Arsenal to fund his business?  I’m confused. 

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #58225 on: April 24, 2021, 07:24:00 pm »
50m a season net is not freely spending. Just spending what the club made after being 20 years running in cl. Anyone can do that. Hardly a sign of pushing the boat out or being ambitious
Wow. I mean, just for comparison, Liverpool’s net spend per season is £19m over the same period.

I’m baffled that Arsenal fans complain they haven’t spent enough money?  :o That it’s been spent on dross is another matter, but you’ve spent huge amounts. 

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58226 on: April 24, 2021, 08:05:50 pm »
Wow. I mean, just for comparison, Liverpool’s net spend per season is £19m over the same period.

I’m baffled that Arsenal fans complain they haven’t spent enough money?  :o That it’s been spent on dross is another matter, but you’ve spent huge amounts.

You sold players for hundreds of millions, our best players left for near nothing as their contracts ran out. Net spend doesnt tell the full story, our owners were clearly also incompetent in dealing with players contracts. On top of that when they bought us wed won the title 3 times in the previous 10 years, been the most permanent fixture in cl, and had the highest home ticket revenue in Europe. And yet we were replacing van persie with giroud.
I reject any attempt at rewriting history now, they had a shocker. Started some panic spending after we fell off a cliff, too late then.
The fans, they just blamed wenger though, muppets.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #58227 on: April 24, 2021, 11:24:36 pm »
Uncle Uzi isn't bankrupt. If he wanted to he could have done a Kronke but he didn't.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58228 on: April 24, 2021, 11:54:44 pm »
I’m not happy with our owners right now but klopp is not their only positive. It is very clear that they are competent owners regardless of their mistakes. They are worlds better than the kroenkes or glazers of this world. They have proved it here and in America.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #58229 on: April 25, 2021, 08:57:58 pm »

Daniel Ek has thrown his name in the hat to purchase the club.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58230 on: April 25, 2021, 09:06:21 pm »
He Tweeted his inerest at HT on Friday, they even showed the Tweet n the Sky Studio.

Worth almost $5 billion.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #58231 on: April 25, 2021, 09:48:57 pm »
By Ek!

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58232 on: April 26, 2021, 10:09:44 am »
Matt Law
@Matt_Law_DT
·
1h
I have it on good authority that Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp and Patrick Vieira have joined Daniel Ek in his bid to buy Arsenal FC and I am told it is very real

Flippin EK

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #58233 on: April 26, 2021, 10:18:01 am »
Matt Law
@Matt_Law_DT
·
1h
I have it on good authority that Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp and Patrick Vieira have joined Daniel Ek in his bid to buy Arsenal FC and I am told it is very real

Flippin EK
Interesting. Does he have enough money? Arsenal are valued at well over 2/3 of his personal fortune, that's without the debt and the money that would need to be invested post-purchase. Just seems a quick way for him to lose a lot of his fortune. I mean no dig or no offence by that, Football financing seems to need to be the thing of hedge funds and uber-billionaires now as opposed to the humble single digit billionaire.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58234 on: April 26, 2021, 10:32:35 am »
Interesting. Does he have enough money? Arsenal are valued at well over 2/3 of his personal fortune, that's without the debt and the money that would need to be invested post-purchase. Just seems a quick way for him to lose a lot of his fortune. I mean no dig or no offence by that, Football financing seems to need to be the thing of hedge funds and uber-billionaires now as opposed to the humble single digit billionaire.

Id never heard of him till last Friday, and I doubt Kroenke wants to sell just yet.

Could be a consortium, or could just bring others out of the woodwork,  the richest man in Africa, Aliko Dangote, has made it public many times that if Arsenal are for sale hes interested.

This is him being very matter of fact about it.

Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote has repeatedly spoken of his desire to purchase Arsenal Football Club, saying last year that he intended to launch a bid in 2021.

In an interview with Bloomberg, Dangote explained that he would look into buying Arsenal once construction had been completed on his oil refinery, which is set to become operational this year.

He said: "It is a team that yes I would like to buy some day, but what I keep saying is we have $20billion worth of projects and that's what I really want to concentrate on.

"I'm trying to finish building the company and then after we finish, maybe some time in 2021 we can. I'm not buying Arsenal right now, I'm buying Arsenal when I finish all these projects, because I'm trying to take the company to the next level."

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58235 on: April 26, 2021, 10:43:07 am »
Id never heard of him till last Friday, and I doubt Kroenke wants to sell just yet.

Could be a consortium, or could just bring others out of the woodwork,  the richest man in Africa, Aliko Dangote, has made it public many times that if Arsenal are for sale hes interested.

This is him being very matter of fact about it.

Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote has repeatedly spoken of his desire to purchase Arsenal Football Club, saying last year that he intended to launch a bid in 2021.

In an interview with Bloomberg, Dangote explained that he would look into buying Arsenal once construction had been completed on his oil refinery, which is set to become operational this year.

He said: "It is a team that yes I would like to buy some day, but what I keep saying is we have $20billion worth of projects and that's what I really want to concentrate on.

"I'm trying to finish building the company and then after we finish, maybe some time in 2021 we can. I'm not buying Arsenal right now, I'm buying Arsenal when I finish all these projects, because I'm trying to take the company to the next level."

Interesting - Dangote's group has links to labour exploitation of workers on it's sugar refineries, but I don't think that would deter the unsuitable fit and proper person's test. Aside from that (which is typical billionaire exploitation of the working class in developing countries - and I don't mean that in a way of 'so who cares,' more that it simply won't register as an issue with the Premier League) he's done a lot of good in Nigeria - huge donations to renovate the national stadium, pumped money into grass roots infrastructure, started the roll out of fibre optics across the country at a loss.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #58236 on: April 26, 2021, 11:28:10 am »
Assuming Kroenke won't sell for anything less than 2.5 to 3 billion given Forbes' valuation, seems bold for someone who's "only" worth 5 billion to try and buy it.

But yeah, might be a consortium like FSG. Who knows.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58237 on: April 26, 2021, 12:04:42 pm »
Assuming Kroenke won't sell for anything less than 2.5 to 3 billion given Forbes' valuation, seems bold for someone who's "only" worth 5 billion to try and buy it.

But yeah, might be a consortium like FSG. Who knows.
Attaching the names of recent club legends to it will attract attention, which will attract investors. I don't doubt he can act as a front for the purchase, just that no businessman in his right mind would risk the majority of their assets against something as volatile as a football club which still is potentially to be punished for Super League involvement and has no European football income to rely on, nor any guarantee of it within the next 2-3 years.

But what you've said I agree with, and feeds into my original point that you can't just be obscenely wealthy to buy a football club now, you have to be a step beyond that.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58238 on: April 26, 2021, 12:17:45 pm »
He can still buy us and cut his cloth accordingly.
First thing will be a new manager,  easy one, Big Ek mcleish

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58239 on: April 26, 2021, 12:29:38 pm »
He can still buy us and cut his cloth accordingly.
First thing will be a new manager,  easy one, Big Ek mcleish
It's difficult, knowing Kroenke is worth double this Ek bloke, but not willing to invest in any great manner. Sometimes it's better the devil you know though.