Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 338294 times)

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #2280 on: July 9, 2020, 07:17:25 pm »
Another goal...

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2281 on: July 19, 2020, 12:40:20 pm »
Genuinely happy for him, really wanted it to work for him here, but it wasn't to be. He's a South Coast lad so being home has probably helped him too. If one of ours don't get it I'd love for him to win the golden boot.

Online kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2282 on: July 19, 2020, 01:24:11 pm »
One of the few players who we've sold in recent years who has made the transfer fee seem relatively cheaper than what we got paid at the time.

By all accounts, he's a brilliant guy and quite happy he has gotten over his injury woes and is living up to his potential.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2283 on: July 19, 2020, 01:39:36 pm »
Chose the wrong season to have that goal bet with Salah! Delighted for Ings, if not Salah I hope he can get golden boot

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2284 on: July 19, 2020, 02:44:03 pm »
Another one just scored.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #2285 on: July 20, 2020, 12:37:21 am »
Its probably a good thing for Soton that the top clubs aren't really looking for a striker (unless Kane goes to Utd), else they would be sniffing around Ings. I think they probably deserve to have a top player stay with them for at least a few seasons.

I don't think he would necessarily look to jump ship, unless there was some guarantee of being 1st choice - after all, he could've just stayed with us if he just wanted to be at a top club.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2286 on: July 20, 2020, 11:28:50 am »
A master stroke for Southampton really. Personally thought he was finished after all those big injuries. What a testament to the lad that he bounced back and he's in with a chance to become top scorer with Southampton.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2287 on: July 20, 2020, 11:38:49 am »
Its probably a good thing for Soton that the top clubs aren't really looking for a striker (unless Kane goes to Utd), else they would be sniffing around Ings. I think they probably deserve to have a top player stay with them for at least a few seasons.

I don't think he would necessarily look to jump ship, unless there was some guarantee of being 1st choice - after all, he could've just stayed with us if he just wanted to be at a top club.

If Leicester had wrapped up Champions League footy I wouldn't have been surprised to see them go for him to partner Vardy (slash replace him in the mid-term) but I'd be surprised if he left Southampton for them now (unless they beat United of course)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2288 on: July 20, 2020, 11:39:03 am »

I'd love him to get a mega deal on the continent just so we can get a sell on fee.

He's always been such a good lad.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2289 on: July 28, 2020, 10:49:20 pm »
A master stroke for Southampton really. Personally thought he was finished after all those big injuries. What a testament to the lad that he bounced back and he's in with a chance to become top scorer with Southampton.

Agreed, I didn’t think the lad would see much, if any, playing time in the PL after those injuries and so long out. Southampton took a gamble and it’s paid off handsomely. Good player and great fella too by all accounts. Delighted for him.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2290 on: July 29, 2020, 08:48:20 am »
Do we have a buy back clause!!!

No, I’m made up for lad.

Hope he carries on knocking them in... as long as it’s not again us like
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2291 on: July 31, 2020, 04:18:47 pm »
Was never Liverpool quality if we're being honest, and injuries cruelly robbed him of the chance to prove that opinion wrong.

But genuinely made up for him that it's all clicked into place and he's had a fantastic season. You could see how well liked he was when we played them.

Plus  I'll always think of him impersonating Luis Fonsi in that 442oons Coutinho episode when Suarez rumbles him "hey...that's Danny Ings!"  ;D
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2292 on: July 31, 2020, 07:06:44 pm »
Was never Liverpool quality if we're being honest, and injuries cruelly robbed him of the chance to prove that opinion wrong.

But genuinely made up for him that it's all clicked into place and he's had a fantastic season. You could see how well liked he was when we played them.

Plus  I'll always think of him impersonating Luis Fonsi in that 442oons Coutinho episode when Suarez rumbles him "hey...that's Danny Ings!"  ;D

Your first sentence is a mess, and I disagree.  Cheers
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #2293 on: July 31, 2020, 08:18:09 pm »

I'd certainly have him in our squad!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2294 on: July 31, 2020, 11:26:15 pm »
Your first sentence is a mess, and I disagree.  Cheers

And I agree. Injuries robbed him of the opportunity to prove himself.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2295 on: August 3, 2020, 09:57:36 am »
And I agree. Injuries robbed him of the opportunity to prove himself.

To an extent that is the case, but I do think he should have received more chances than he did in 2017/18. Solanke made 27 appearances compared to Ings' 14 that season (21 to 8 in the league). Most of them were in a wide role, too, which was never going to get the best out of him really.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2020, 10:00:46 am by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2296 on: August 4, 2020, 02:57:37 pm »
To an extent that is the case, but I do think he should have received more chances than he did in 2017/18. Solanke made 27 appearances compared to Ings' 14 that season (21 to 8 in the league). Most of them were in a wide role, too, which was never going to get the best out of him really.

True , he wasn't even on the bench for the CL final, if i remember correctly

Offline BTGH

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2297 on: August 12, 2020, 06:47:00 am »
A case of "ifs and buts" for Danny.  If he had stayed the last 2 years, he would have won the 2 biggest trophies there are in club football, but he left and got 2 full seasons on first team games instead at Southampton.  Only he himself will know if it was worth it.

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #2298 on: August 12, 2020, 06:55:10 am »
If he had stayed the last x years, he would have won the 2 biggest trophies there are in club football....

.....Only he himself will know if it was worth it.

This holds true for any player.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2299 on: August 12, 2020, 08:15:34 am »
A case of "ifs and buts" for Danny.  If he had stayed the last 2 years, he would have won the 2 biggest trophies there are in club football, but he left and got 2 full seasons on first team games instead at Southampton.  Only he himself will know if it was worth it.
I think he'd be grateful he had his time with us and that he's now able to play at professional level again after his injuries.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2300 on: August 12, 2020, 09:07:56 am »

On the other hand you have the likes of Torres and Coutinho, who won a bunch of trophies, but watched their career fall to pieces. I obviously don't know for certain, but I'd say that Danny is happier with how his career when after leaving than the other two.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2301 on: August 13, 2020, 08:29:26 am »
I know Danny personally. He's a lovely lad and he loved his time at Liverpool but understandably is thriving at the club he supports. He has no regrets.

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
« Reply #2302 on: August 14, 2020, 01:46:03 pm »
Danny Ings is a Southampton boy so I doubt he will leave the club unless they get relegated or a big offer comes in from a champions league team.  Shame injuries robbed him of his opportunites at Liverpool - he could have been a good squad player.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2303 on: August 25, 2020, 02:03:06 pm »
Back in the England squad...Pleased for him.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2304 on: August 25, 2020, 06:35:53 pm »
Back in the England squad...Pleased for him.

Yeah,he is a great lad but he won't start ahead of a one legged Kane
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2305 on: October 8, 2020, 09:21:11 pm »
Big Danny brings out the bicycle. You love to see it.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2306 on: November 1, 2020, 05:55:37 pm »
The replays didn't look good, but I truly hope his injury is not as serious as feared... How can a player be so unlucky...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2307 on: November 1, 2020, 05:56:49 pm »
It did look bad. Fucking love the lad, hope it's better than suggested.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2308 on: November 1, 2020, 06:55:37 pm »
It did look bad. Fucking love the lad, hope it's better than suggested.

Echoing the others, really hope it's not as bad as it seems. He's been brilliant in getting to the form of his life after some rotten luck with injuries, hopefully this setback will not be as severe as the previous ones.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2309 on: November 2, 2020, 09:01:39 am »
Apparently initial scans showed no ligament damage, but they’ll do more tests today.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2310 on: November 2, 2020, 09:29:13 am »
Apparently initial scans showed no ligament damage, but they’ll do more tests today.

Hopefully not, but his knees aren't going to be robust. He's had 3 or 4 serious knee injuries in his career, including 2 ACL's with us. I remember when we signed him the concern was his history of knee injuries.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #2311 on: November 4, 2020, 09:31:03 pm »
Looks like another knee op could be out for 4-6 weeks. Poor fella. In the form of his life so hopefully he can come back once again and get back on it (except against us)
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2312 on: January 20, 2023, 12:37:40 pm »
Joined West Ham from Villa. Seemed like a Gerrard signing at Villa so makes sense for him to get some football.