Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 339258 times)

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #2160 on: August 9, 2018, 09:12:03 pm »
Be catching plenty Saints games this coming season, really good move for all parties. Never forgive him for not accepting my FB friend request, you can't win em all!

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #2161 on: August 9, 2018, 09:13:25 pm »
Has to be the payment wouldn't have gone through in time? But a loan would. Wonder who's paying his wages this year.

With Michael Edwards in charge, it's probably Everton. ;)

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2162 on: August 9, 2018, 09:16:47 pm »
Has to be the payment wouldn't have gone through in time? But a loan would. Wonder who's paying his wages this year.
Ahh possibly. Weird that Saints left it so late in that case, unless they were waiting on someone else.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2163 on: August 9, 2018, 09:19:58 pm »
Great move for him

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2164 on: August 9, 2018, 09:20:50 pm »
Don't mind Southampton as a club, probably because they've given us quite a few decent players over the years.

However after perusing SaintsWeb, hope Danny tears it up for them and then pulls a Lovren to get out of town and get to a bigger and better club. If he stays injury-free, Saints are getting a handy striker who will work his socks off for the shirt - who the hell are they to get uppity about their strike force.

Regardless, good luck to Danny. Always been a favorite of mine despite not seeing the field much. Hope his rotten luck with injuries is behind him and he can enjoy the rest of his career.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2018, 09:24:19 pm by Lone Star Red »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2165 on: August 9, 2018, 09:25:40 pm »
All the best to Danny Ings, hopefully his bad luck is over and he has a fantastic career.

How glad we're to have a manager like Kloppo. You wake up everyday and smile to the fact that he's our manager. Wishing for a decade or more with him.

Michael Edwards is on a roll here. Just do Mignolet & Markovic for 20-25m (he can still do it as both players could move to other leagues) and he'll deserve a statue for this window's efforts.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2166 on: August 9, 2018, 09:35:55 pm »
Have we got the fucking Rothschilds doing our deals for us?

Given he's probably had more hot dinners than seconds on a pitch on the past 24 months we got over £20m for him. That is absolutely batshit crazy.

£20m !!!!!!

???
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2167 on: August 9, 2018, 09:37:42 pm »
Don't mind Southampton as a club, probably because they've given us quite a few decent players over the years.

However after perusing SaintsWeb, hope Danny tears it up for them and then pulls a Lovren to get out of town and get to a bigger and better club. If he stays injury-free, Saints are getting a handy striker who will work his socks off for the shirt - who the hell are they to get uppity about their strike force.

Regardless, good luck to Danny. Always been a favorite of mine despite not seeing the field much. Hope his rotten luck with injuries is behind him and he can enjoy the rest of his career.

You can understand the trepidation though, he's had 4 bad knee injuries, so fans of whichever team bought him would be concerned.

Maybe they don't realise though, that so long as he is fit (and yeah, I know, that's their fear), he's just a really good, intelligent striker, who'll get them goals, he's a big class above any other forward they have. They should be starting him at the weekend, he's fit to go!

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #2168 on: August 9, 2018, 09:41:36 pm »
Goodbye and good luck. Y.N.W.A.
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2169 on: August 9, 2018, 09:44:53 pm »
Good luck to him. Was unlucky with injuries here. Now he gets a chance to restart his career, Southampton gets a striker who can hit 10+ PL goals and we get a good fee.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Pie Eyed

• More like Eagle Eyed! Looking to sub Lfsea.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2170 on: August 9, 2018, 09:50:26 pm »
Gutted to see him go, because he seems to be a phenomenal lad to have around the squad and he's been so unlucky with injuries.

Delighted to see him to for the sake of his career.

I hope he can kick on - Just not against us please.

And the words from Klopp - I've never heard such praise for an outgoing squad player.  Sounds like he will be massively missed around the club.

Good luck Danny.
Jürgen Klopp (26 June 2020)
"We were good 4 years ago.  We were really good 3 years ago.  We were unbelievably good last year.  And this year it is absolutely exceptional.  Second to none that I know."

King Kenny to Jürgen (25 June 2020):
"I think your Da' must've been on our side during the war, because you seem like a scouser to me." :D

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2171 on: August 9, 2018, 09:52:55 pm »
Good luck Danny boy. He was very liked/loved by everyone in the dressing room.

Is it a loan with an option to buy?

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #2172 on: August 9, 2018, 09:53:29 pm »
Good luck to the lad, hope he stays fit.

Seriously getting 32.5 million for him and Ward is absolute insanity. How are we pulling off these sales?
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2173 on: August 9, 2018, 09:54:44 pm »

Seriously getting 32.5 million for him and Ward is absolute insanity. How are we pulling off these sales?

it not just us though. All the teams in the PL can throw around money. The neighbors bought a pretty average defender for 27m because he had a good world cup.

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2174 on: August 9, 2018, 09:56:21 pm »
Brilliant farewell from Klopp!

Agreed. Pure poetry.

Shame to see him go but hoping he kicks on, smashes it and stays injury free. All the best Danny lad.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #2175 on: August 9, 2018, 10:07:27 pm »
I wish Danny Ings well. He was unfortunate with injury and you could never question his commitment to the cause or his work rate. Does his fair share for charity as well so hopefully he'll resurrect his career.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #2176 on: August 9, 2018, 10:10:20 pm »
Good lad who has been so unlucky with injury, and then to find himself returning in the middle of all these top class players. He'll do well for Southampton, should prove a good foil for the likes of Gabbiadini.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2177 on: August 9, 2018, 10:13:26 pm »
Good luck to him

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2178 on: August 9, 2018, 10:16:50 pm »

Edwards is very good at his job- think this has been evident for a while now .. which is great for us

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2179 on: August 9, 2018, 10:19:18 pm »
Always a sound lad is Danny..hope he kicks on from here.

Online LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #2180 on: August 9, 2018, 10:32:56 pm »
Cya Danny boy, good luck in the future!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2181 on: August 9, 2018, 10:34:03 pm »

Reckon we could get another £30m in next few weeks with Origi Mignolet and Markovic.

They are the 3 we will try sell and not loan.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2182 on: August 9, 2018, 10:35:19 pm »
Reckon we could get another £30m in next few weeks with Origi Mignolet and Markovic.

I'd be very surprised. Foreign clubs are penny pinchers. I certainly can't see any team paying about 20m for Origi. We'll get lowballed to the high heavens for all our squad players now I think.

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #2183 on: August 9, 2018, 10:35:47 pm »
Brilliant farewell from Klopp!

That is class. Top men, both of them.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2184 on: August 9, 2018, 10:36:10 pm »

20m for Origi, 10m Mignolet and a packet of crisps for Markovic.

Offline WidnesJon

• Sworn enemy of RuncornPaul
  • Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Hughes
« Reply #2185 on: August 9, 2018, 10:38:00 pm »
20m for Origi, 10m Mignolet and a packet of crisps for Markovic.

What flavour though?

Cheers
Jon

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2186 on: August 9, 2018, 10:41:49 pm »
I'd be very surprised. Foreign clubs are penny pinchers. I certainly can't see any team paying about 20m for Origi. We'll get lowballed to the high heavens for all our squad players now I think.

Surely get £4m for Markovic. £18m for Origi and £8m for Mignolet. I'm including add ons.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #2187 on: August 9, 2018, 10:44:53 pm »
Sorry it didn't work out for Danny here, really liked the guy and his attitude. he had bad luck.  good return though relatively speaking, that'll go toward the next worldie  ;D
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2188 on: August 9, 2018, 11:00:21 pm »
Surely get £4m for Markovic. £18m for Origi and £8m for Mignolet. I'm including add ons.

I really dont see what sort of club would be prepared to pay actual money for Markovic at this point. This will be a Ballotelli/Aquilani esque sale.

Offline bravarado7

• Anny Roader
  • Getting started. Aim to keep going.
« Reply #2189 on: August 9, 2018, 11:02:51 pm »
Good luck lad. Top professional given the luck he has had.
Law of the Premier League: The Sum of Hypocrisy, Selfishness, C***tism and Double Standards is equal to the product of FA, Media, SAF, Howard Webb and Patrice Evra.

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #2190 on: August 9, 2018, 11:03:07 pm »
Good lad, I simply wish him all the best in his new adventure! It simply wasn't meant to be with us...

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2191 on: August 9, 2018, 11:27:33 pm »
I really dont see what sort of club would be prepared to pay actual money for Markovic at this point. This will be a Ballotelli/Aquilani esque sale.

Okay £2m and 2m for Pedro chirivella

Offline Not that Gareth

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2192 on: August 9, 2018, 11:42:05 pm »
Good luck Danny, had high hopes when he came but wasn't meant to be.

Wonder what price is he on fantasy football, could be a decent cheap buy as i think he will score goals if he stays fit.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2193 on: August 9, 2018, 11:51:49 pm »
Good luck Danny, had high hopes when he came but wasn't meant to be.

Wonder what price is he on fantasy football, could be a decent cheap buy as i think he will score goals if he stays fit.

5,5 mill on the Premier League one  ;D  Bet there's a bit of a flurry of Liverpool fans buying him now.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2194 on: August 10, 2018, 12:22:25 am »
Magnificent letter from Klopp

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2195 on: August 10, 2018, 12:50:54 am »

Can someone post his comments up, it's fucking impossible for me to try and read newspapers online, and The Echo is EASILY the worst.

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2196 on: August 10, 2018, 01:31:31 am »
Klopp's tribute to Ings: 'We will miss him'

James Carroll@James_Carroll84

Jürgen Klopp has paid a heartfelt tribute to Danny Ings after it was confirmed the striker will leave Liverpool to join Southampton.

The striker will initially move to St Mary’s on a season-long loan before the transfer is made permanent on July 1, 2019.

It brings a three-year spell at Anfield to an end following a switch from Burnley, during which time Ings was forced to battle back to fitness from two serious knee injuries which restricted him to just 25 appearances and four goals.

Klopp admits it is with a heavy heart he granted the popular 26-year-old the opportunity to leave the Reds, telling Liverpoolfc.com: “It is a very strange feeling saying goodbye to Danny. The biggest emotion is how much we will miss him.

“He is such an outstanding boy. Honestly, if you could bottle character and spirit, his would sell worldwide - he is so incredibly positive and full of energy. But we won’t just miss his character because he is a footballer who has all the tools.

“What is clear is that in his time here he had zero luck really, certainly in my time. Before joining I tried to watch as many games on tape as I could from the season so far and Danny Ings stood out as someone I was really looking forward to coaching.

“We all know his story and the bad luck he has had since then.

“It’s why the other emotion is that of being pleased for Danny that he has such a good move and his future is now very bright.

“When he said to us he thinks this is the window it might be best to look elsewhere, for the sake of his career and playing more regular football, it was clear early on that Southampton has great appeal to him personally. It’s his home, his family is there, it’s his boyhood club. They have a great manager and I think the supporters and him will feed off each other’s passion and energy.

“So we say farewell to a friend, but for Danny I know the best chapters in his personal story are still to be written. He is as fit now as at any point of his career I would bet and he just requires the opportunity.

“He has that opportunity and on behalf of his Liverpool family we say good luck Danny and we will miss you.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/311250-jurgen-klopp-danny-ings-liverpool

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2197 on: August 10, 2018, 01:38:20 am »

Danny will appreciate that, a lot. It will get us 3 points off one of our rivals as he nets the winner and goes berserk.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2198 on: August 10, 2018, 01:52:40 am »
18m + 2m add ons + 20% of any sale -

not too bad.

Good deal for us.  Ings will get the match time he needs/deserves and Southampton are getting a player who will score them some goals. 

Good deal all around. 

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2199 on: August 10, 2018, 03:02:41 am »
Thank you Danny and good luck for the next journey!
Believer