Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2605682 times)

Offline mgs88

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spurs
« Reply #14080 on: September 19, 2018, 11:18:43 am »
No chance in hell that Primativ logs onto any of the 20 different fan forums he posts on for the next few months.

I'm sure he will be on them once their stadium is finished to tell us how good it is for Spurs to be saddled with over £1B of debt.  I'm looking forward to March 2020 already.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14081 on: September 19, 2018, 11:39:36 am »
Never forget  ;D

Everytime I see Winks I think of this by Primativ and have a wee chuckle.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #14082 on: September 19, 2018, 11:44:28 am »
Pochettino's losing the plot a bit isn't he.

That press conference was a very Mourinho-under-pressure performance, with all the talk about disrespect. The only difference is Mourinho has a track record of winning trophies behind his bluster.

You might say that he's cracking up, but it's obvious that he's pissed with having no money for transfers. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if he jumped ship next summer.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #14083 on: September 19, 2018, 11:55:23 am »
That press conference was a very Mourinho-under-pressure performance, with all the talk about disrespect. The only difference is Mourinho has a track record of winning trophies behind his bluster.

You might say that he's cracking up, but it's obvious that he's pissed with having no money for transfers. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if he jumped ship next summer.

Which is all bit weird cause IIRC before he signed a new contract, he was talking about certain demands re. the team needed to be met first and I would assume one was money being available for transfers.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14084 on: September 19, 2018, 12:21:24 pm »
Bit optimistic to think that no rest, no signings, no stadium wouldn't catch up to Tottenham. Pochettino is a great manager and he's squeezed more out of Spurs than most would but the well's looking a bit dry at the moment.

Also had to check who 8 was and thought hmmm calm down Harry Winks. Also found out his middle name is somehow Billy.

Still don't buy this. Their squad is as big as ours. Lucas is basically a new signing for them. Did nothing first few months.

Also Harry Winks once got a better pass completion compared to Mordic. So...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 12:23:07 pm by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14085 on: September 19, 2018, 12:30:14 pm »
They probably wish they play likes of United week in week out for comfortable wins but no, another big test at Brighton this weekend.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14086 on: September 19, 2018, 12:59:25 pm »
It does make me laugh that Kane's basically been shit since he rushed himself back from injury trying to beat Mo to the golden boot.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14087 on: September 19, 2018, 01:13:27 pm »
Which is all bit weird cause IIRC before he signed a new contract, he was talking about certain demands re. the team needed to be met first and I would assume one was money being available for transfers.

Surely you're not suggesting Levy might have told him a porky or two about money being available? 

That would be totally out of character from the fine and upstanding Daniel Levy, who definitely did not try to pull the wool over the eyes of the Premier League, the other Premier League clubs, The FA, Wembley Stadium, his own club staff, the fans of his own club, and the fans of other clubs, about when the new stadium would be ready.  How dare you suggest such a thing.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 01:15:37 pm by Kekuleyule y'all! »

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #14088 on: September 19, 2018, 02:47:05 pm »
Surely you're not suggesting Levy might have told him a porky or two about money being available? 

That would be totally out of character from the fine and upstanding Daniel Levy, who definitely did not try to pull the wool over the eyes of the Premier League, the other Premier League clubs, The FA, Wembley Stadium, his own club staff, the fans of his own club, and the fans of other clubs, about when the new stadium would be ready.  How dare you suggest such a thing.  ;)

It's likely that the delays to the stadium will have munched through any prospective transfer funds, so it depends whether Levy found out it wouldn't be ready for the start of the season shortly after Poch signed a new contract but before they actually spent anything. Which would be extremely convenient.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #14089 on: September 19, 2018, 02:55:41 pm »
They probably also had to sell to buy. But Spurs fans were happy no one went....
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14090 on: September 19, 2018, 09:56:01 pm »
I don’t see how they were robbed when Inter scored two legitimate goals no decisions went against Tottenham. An undeserved defeat yes, but they can only blame themselves for that.
Ok, undeserved defeat...  that’s a fairer assessment
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #14091 on: September 19, 2018, 10:23:05 pm »
Tweet from Andrew Beasley (poster on here, The Tomkins Times, and I believe the Echo now)

"in his [Harry Kane's] last 12 league starts since his injury, he's taken 33 shots. In the 12 prior to going off injured, he took 71."
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14092 on: September 19, 2018, 10:26:26 pm »
His injury is his third ankle injury in a couple of years.  They seem to keep recurring (although were all three the same ankle?)

Can’t help but wonder if he might need some work done on it.... I’m sure he will pick up soon through ... he’s no jack Wilshire (who’s just had his 200th ankle operation)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #14093 on: September 19, 2018, 10:31:03 pm »
His injury is his third ankle injury in a couple of years.  They seem to keep recurring (although were all three the same ankle?)

Can’t help but wonder if he might need some work done on it.... I’m sure he will pick up soon through ... he’s no jack Wilshire (who’s just had his 200th ankle operation)

I think the bigger concern is will he ever return to where he was physically. He always able to create that extra yard of space to get a shot off. 12 games is a pretty small sample size overall, but we saw this happen to Sturridge and Torres in the past.

It could just be a drop in confidence. Time will tell.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14094 on: September 19, 2018, 11:09:32 pm »
Tweet from Andrew Beasley (poster on here, The Tomkins Times, and I believe the Echo now)

"in his [Harry Kane's] last 12 league starts since his injury, he's taken 33 shots. In the 12 prior to going off injured, he took 71."

Maybe he's just less greedy now than he was before. Oh wait, he stole a goal of his team-mate, never mind.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #14095 on: September 20, 2018, 02:29:38 am »
We’re tired, say Tottenham players
Matt Hughes, Deputy Football Correspondent
September 20 2018, The Times

Several Tottenham Hotspur players claim that the team’s slump is down to exhaustion and mental fatigue and believe they should be given more days off.

Tottenham suffered a third successive defeat for the first time under Mauricio Pochettino when they lost 2-1 away at Inter Milan in the Champions League on Tuesday but the players were made to sleep at the training ground afterwards.

They stayed at the new Lodge hotel at the club’s Enfield base for the first time after returning from Milan at midnight, before training yesterday in preparation for Saturday’s Premier League game against Brighton & Hove Albion. The players have no issue with spending the night at the Lodge, which was built in the summer and used for rest periods between double training sessions during pre-season, but it has added to the feeling of some in the dressing room that they are being worked too hard, particularly given that many of them were heavily involved at the World Cup.

The impact of Pochettino’s training regime has been exacerbated by the after-effects of the tournament in Russia, which included 12 Tottenham players — third only to Manchester City and Chelsea in terms of Premier League representation — eight of whom reached the semi-finals.

Tottenham insist that the manager’s training schedule has not changed during his four years at the club, although that is part of some of the players’ grievance as complaints about a lack of time off are longstanding.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14096 on: September 20, 2018, 03:32:01 am »
So everything predicted on here is coming true.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14097 on: September 20, 2018, 04:13:18 am »
Staying at the top is far harder than getting there, Spurs era of dominance had to come to an end one day. Having said that, not since the days of Cruyff and Rinus Michels has a football team had such a profound impression on me, if I dont have grand kids, ill have to borrow, buy, or kidnapp someone elses, just to tell them about the great Spurs team that they missed out on watching.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #14098 on: September 20, 2018, 04:19:18 am »

He seems like someone who would go as well. He's very ideological and I think he's said that if the fans begin to turn on him, he'll be off. He's probably the best thing to happen to Spurs in a good while and despite the business aspect of things not being his fault whatsoever, you just know there will be a section of the fan base who will turn if they underperform come the end of the season.

I always said that he'll end up at Real Madrid. If Lopetegui doesn't win La Liga (surely Real can't win the CL yet again?!) and if Pochettino even hints at being available, they'll sack him without a moment's hesitation and bring Pochettino in. Actually, Lopetegui could go and win a league and European cup double and they'd still sack him such is the shitehousery of that club. Pochettino would be perfect for Madrid.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14099 on: September 20, 2018, 04:56:45 am »
If you read that briefing the Spurs players sent out, it's hard to imagine the Madrid squad falling in line for his training methods.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Bullan

• I can't believe I ate the whole thing...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speed of The Sound Of Loneliness
« Reply #14100 on: September 20, 2018, 06:31:26 am »
We’re tired, say Tottenham players
Matt Hughes, Deputy Football Correspondent
September 20 2018, The Times

<snip>

Lost 3 on the bounce and the media has been setting this narrative for a while how they are all so tired = Media Briefing "Oh we are all so tired".

I hate every ape I see.
From chimpan-a to chimpan-z,
No, you'll never make a monkey out of me.
Oh, my God, I was wrong,
It was Earth all along.
You finally made a monkey...

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14101 on: September 20, 2018, 06:41:09 am »
Kane was shite in the world cup despite scoring quite a few goals, 3 pens, a tap in, header at the back post and a deflection off Loftus Cheeks shot.

I do think Spurs are a decent side and they will come good again this season but it seems Kane does have an underlying problem.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #14102 on: September 20, 2018, 10:30:11 am »
If you read that briefing the Spurs players sent out, it's hard to imagine the Madrid squad falling in line for his training methods.

Very good point.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14103 on: September 20, 2018, 10:44:20 am »
Are his training methods any more demanding than Klopp's?

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14104 on: September 20, 2018, 10:56:35 am »

Probably not, but if they’re not having enough total recovery (time off), then it could be fatiguing. Also, there’s the mental aspect. If they’re occasionally staying at the training ground rather than going home, then it could have an effect mentally. I used to work away, and staying at a hotel still felt like being in work. I couldn’t switch off completely. (Which probably explains why Mourinho is getting more and more irritable.)

On the other hand, someone could just be using a narrative to make excuses.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14105 on: September 20, 2018, 11:03:30 am »

Doubt it, just think they're making excuses for a run of shite form, it happens, always has done and always will, remember the spell we went through in January 2017? one win in 9 games and that was against Plymouth, can't remember our players crying about anything, they'd be better off shutting up and trying to sort themselves out

A lot of teams have had the same problem with the world cup and some players not getting a full pre-season, don't think anyone has played consistently good football yet, we've struggled at times in the early games and have had to knuckle down and work hard to get over the line and it's paid off, performances are getting gradually better, if they're crying about things now then it comes across as them being weak to me

Only thing I'd agree with is the Kane situation, he rushed back from injury and hasn't looked right since, combined with them not bringing any cover in it's left them looking weak up front, bit like us when we were relying on Torres in 2009/10 and he was struggling the longer the season went on

Online Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14106 on: September 20, 2018, 11:25:25 am »
Staying at the top is far harder than getting there, Spurs era of dominance had to come to an end one day. Having said that, not since the days of Cruyff and Rinus Michels has a football team had such a profound impression on me, if I dont have grand kids, ill have to borrow, buy, or kidnapp someone elses, just to tell them about the great Spurs team that they missed out on watching.

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14107 on: September 20, 2018, 11:29:06 am »
Fuck off I'm not having that, 42 mins? who fuck releases a dvd on a 42 minute spell of a game? that's the most Everton thing ever ;D

Right I'm off to watch 6 mins, the story of the comeback in Istanbul, got time to watch it 7 times in the time it takes Spurs fans to watch their dvd ;D

Online Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14108 on: September 20, 2018, 11:31:49 am »
Fuck off I'm not having that, 42 mins? who fuck releases a dvd on a 42 minute spell of a game? that's the most Everton thing ever ;D

Right I'm off to watch 6 mins, the story of the comeback in Istanbul, got time to watch it 7 times in the time it takes Spurs fans to watch their dvd ;D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #14109 on: September 20, 2018, 11:33:28 am »

Probably.

I get the impression Pochetinno doesn't really adapt as Klopp does.

Sure, the pre-seasons at Liverpool are notoriously tough under Kloppo, with double and sometimes triple sessions. But I think he's done a lot of adapting to training through the season.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14110 on: September 20, 2018, 11:33:49 am »
Deffo mock ups, can't believe I got caught ;D

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14111 on: September 20, 2018, 11:43:57 am »

Only difference is the Spurs players don't get a HUG at the end of it..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14112 on: September 20, 2018, 11:50:58 am »
Doubt it, just think they're making excuses for a run of shite form, it happens, always has done and always will, remember the spell we went through in January 2017? one win in 9 games and that was against Plymouth, can't remember our players crying about anything, they'd be better off shutting up and trying to sort themselves out

A lot of teams have had the same problem with the world cup and some players not getting a full pre-season, don't think anyone has played consistently good football yet, we've struggled at times in the early games and have had to knuckle down and work hard to get over the line and it's paid off, performances are getting gradually better, if they're crying about things now then it comes across as them being weak to me

Only thing I'd agree with is the Kane situation, he rushed back from injury and hasn't looked right since, combined with them not bringing any cover in it's left them looking weak up front, bit like us when we were relying on Torres in 2009/10 and he was struggling the longer the season went on

Spurs were probably harder hit than most by the WC what with having so many players play all 4 weeks. Terrible planning by them though, they should have factored that in. We've given Henderson (our only player in a similar position) so much rest in this first month of the season and we'll probably reap the rewards of that for the rest of the campaign. Not saying Spurs could have rested all their WC players but you'd definitely have expected more minutes for the likes of Lamela, Wanyama, Davies, Walker-Peters and Llorente.

Pochettino has to carry the can for poor planning and also for his weakness when it comes to dropping Kane.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #14113 on: September 20, 2018, 01:28:59 pm »
Inside Spurs' stadium: 'I’ve never in my life worked like that'

CN exclusively reveals allegations that site chaos, confusion and ill-discipline lie behind the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium.

https://www.constructionnews.co.uk/projects/inside-spurs-stadium-ive-never-in-my-life-worked-like-that/10035311.article#.W6OMdfZ6Gm8.twitter
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14114 on: September 20, 2018, 01:29:31 pm »
Spurs look flat at the moment.

Momentum is huge in football and whether they actually needed to buy some players or not, by not doing so, they haven't had the boost that other teams (certainly us) have had by adding that new blood. Not only does buying players actually improve your squad (unless you are Everton) there's a feel good factor that goes with it.

The new stadium shambles won't help and of course with three dodgy results now, the players are beginning to believe the press' narrative about tiredness etc. It'll take a good manager to snap them out of it.

I have no love for Spurs. Any fans I know are typically knobs and behave as if they are persistent trophy winners rather than sporadic top four with a tendency to bottle winning anything.

Long may the slump continue.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14115 on: September 20, 2018, 01:55:08 pm »
Inside Spurs' stadium: 'I’ve never in my life worked like that'

CN exclusively reveals allegations that site chaos, confusion and ill-discipline lie behind the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium.

https://www.constructionnews.co.uk/projects/inside-spurs-stadium-ive-never-in-my-life-worked-like-that/10035311.article#.W6OMdfZ6Gm8.twitter

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14116 on: September 20, 2018, 02:03:44 pm »
My GF's cousin is a sparky and has been working on the stadium. Apparently Levy has been making constant changes and then expecting them to be done to the same budget and timeframe and this has caused a countless amount of delays due to arguments between contractors / club.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14117 on: September 20, 2018, 02:08:24 pm »
My GF's cousin is a sparky and has been working on the stadium. Apparently Levy has been making constant changes and then expecting them to be done to the same budget and timeframe and this has caused a countless amount of delays due to arguments between contractors / club.

What sort of changes?

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #14118 on: September 20, 2018, 02:09:27 pm »

Sounds about right.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #14119 on: September 20, 2018, 02:16:41 pm »
What sort of changes?
Seats that face away from the pitch?
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”