Author Topic: Match Preview: UCL QF 2nd Leg City 0 v Liverpool 3 [10 April 2018, KO 19:45 GMT]  (Read 127625 times)

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status/983727694448820224

Carra's spot on here in regards to Wijnaldum role tonight. He won't get the time and space he had to roll players as easily as he did on the weekend.

I don't think he'll try to. Keep it nice and simple one touch move it on, move off to receive it again. Gini playing as 6 is going to be fascinating.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
I think in a defensive shape Milner will be much closer to Gini in a two than with Gini just being the lone 6

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
  • His First Name Is Lucas
Feel like Milly could get one tonight. 2-1 win for us, them to score first so BT can wet their pants on a great comeback and bobby lobs ederson again and karate kicks Stirling in the Jaw has be at least 200/1!  :D :D Come on Boys!!

Online kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Carra's spot on here in regards to Wijnaldum role tonight. He won't get the time and space he had to roll players as easily as he did on the weekend.

I think that suits Gini more. It seems like when he has time to make a decision, he overthinks. Much better player playing off his instincts.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
SERIOUSLY. I’m glad I’m not stood in the trenches with some of you lot. Yes, they’re good enough to get a result but it’d also involve us imploding .. which we won’t. They’ll attack, we’ll catch them on the break at least once and that’ll be it.

I’d go with 2-2 tonight if I were a betting man. Sit back and enjoy it

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
FFS don’t mention that, I’ve just had a flash back.. It’s like being back in ‘Nam

And about an hour of FOAR after the final whistle...

Picture the scene, we are 3-0 down, in the 86th minute, city have a corner, we clear the ball and Gini passes the ball to Mane who skips past their last man leaving just the keeper with Bobby tearing up the field to keep up with Mane, the keeper comes out..Mane selflessly threads a perfect ball into the six yard box for the onrushing Bobby, its a open goal...Bobby no-look's and strikes the ball...

and we all watch as it loops over the bar...

Why would he no-look an open goal?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
I think in a defensive shape Milner will be much closer to Gini in a two than with Gini just being the lone 6

Possible. Could also be when we lose the ball the three of them are going to pretty close together with Salah and Mane dropping deep to harass.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Turned a corner and suddenly saw the team bus outside the Lowry hotel. No dents in it yet.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRZLiYTtvzU&feature=youtu.be&t=7 me right about now

Envious of you who lot who are calm, I'm melting as a person.
:D

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
Me nerves are absolutely shot
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline redraf

• Main Stander
We get Bayern, Klopp knows his countryman's tactics, and we defeat them, Barca beats Real, and we win the final against Barca. That is my vision.
Out of the other 3, for me, Barca are more susceptible to be beaten by our style of play.  Real are probably a tad better at counter-attacking than we are and Bayern are all round more solid than us.  It's a tough choice, but we don't have a choice - we play who we are given and we can beat anyone on our day.     First of all we have to get a good result tonight!!

Offline Antoine Lavoisier

• Anny Roader
  • the torchlight red on sweaty faces
Oh I’ve not really had time to think about tonight properly – until now.

I’m sorry to say that this is going to be a complete and utter heart attack inducing game and we’re all going to have to go through the ringer on this one, yet again. We all know the scenarios, the permutations, the outright “what the fuck are the chances of thattery?” City, simply put, are far too good a side to drop their level for the third game on the bounce, its just not going to happen and I have come to my conclusion.

WE ARE LIVERPOOL – EUROPEAN ROYALTY – THIS IS WHAT WE FUCKING DO – ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!

https://youtu.be/CcxJyJv8YpU
And in short, I was afraid

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I've been on the beer since 1.30. I'm bricking it. Not sure whether that's the effects of 5 pints so far or the match  :-\
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Absolutely calm and excited. It's going to be great. Feel like Mane is going to want to wipe out the memories of his last visit here.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Oh I’ve not really had time to think about tonight properly – until now.

I’m sorry to say that this is going to be a complete and utter heart attack inducing game and we’re all going to have to go through the ringer on this one, yet again. We all know the scenarios, the permutations, the outright “what the fuck are the chances of thattery?” City, simply put, are far too good a side to drop their level for the third game on the bounce, its just not going to happen and I have come to my conclusion.

WE ARE LIVERPOOL – EUROPEAN ROYALTY – THIS IS WHAT WE FUCKING DO – ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!

https://youtu.be/CcxJyJv8YpU

Fucking love that video.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CcxJyJv8YpU&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CcxJyJv8YpU&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
:D

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great op Babu  :thumbup

I'm going for the same prediction as I made last week, 5-0 to the mighty Liverpool!

Come on you redmen, lets piss all over these fucker's chips again!!

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan

I thought he got lucky on a couple of those too.  Hopefully he doesn't take any unnecessary risks
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
I've been on the beer since 1.30. I'm bricking it. Not sure whether that's the effects of 5 pints so far or the match  :-\

Only Liverpool 3 nil up can that do that to you theses days....even if we score first I'll be the the same
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders

I went the other way.  5 Coffee cups, jacked up and peeing out diuretics like a race horse.  Nervous but excited to see the tactics of the game.  So curious to see how it plays out --- reading Honigstein's book on Jurgen, makes for a great combo.

YNWA 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Antoine Lavoisier

• Anny Roader
  • the torchlight red on sweaty faces
Fucking love that video.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CcxJyJv8YpU&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CcxJyJv8YpU&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Thank you for sorting that vid Kash. Thanks brother.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 05:57:13 pm by Antoine Lavoisier »
And in short, I was afraid

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bricking it. Someone calm me down.

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
1 hour 49  ;D

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Curtisinho

• Main Stander
  • YNWA

?

If anything it's under pressure that Wijnaldum has the opportunity to 'roll players'. He excels in these games because of his ability to soak up pressure by shielding and turning and using it to break the lines. It's when he's not under pressure that he seems a little complacent, but realistically he's just a very safe player in that sense. It's great because he has all the attributes to be fantastic as a 6.
Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone.

Offline Art of Lies

• The anime Effes. RAWK never forgets the tentacles.
  • Kopite
And about an hour of FOAR after the final whistle...

Why would he no-look an open goal?

Because he is as mad as a box of frogs? :)

Of course he would never no-look a open goal...

<a href="https://youtu.be/eK92ceoMFdw?t=25" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtu.be/eK92ceoMFdw?t=25</a>
'If I had known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.'

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
We're the same odds to win tonight as City are to qualify in 90 mins  :o I guess they are either overrating City or don't think much of us.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
The second leg of Arsenal wasn't much good on the heart either if I recall.

Edit: Who was that tall blond Icelandic guy who missed a sitter for Chelsea in the dying seconds one year and missed again for Barça in the dying seconds the year after?

Gudjonsen

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Does anyone know the route our bus will be taking?
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
Are City fans even going to try to welcome the buses?
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Them turning up to create a full house would be a start.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Gudjonsen
He changed his name to Badjonsen after that.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
90 minutes to kick off.

I'm aroused.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
well first beer open .. getting stressed come on redmen  :hally

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/MattCritchley1/status/983754911455305728

LFC bus arriving at the Etihad. Sickening. Is that guy in the grey giving the wanker sign?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Our bus has arrived.

No more than 10 people there..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Kenny19

• Anny Roader
  • Dreaming our dreams and drifting within
Last Wednesday was 'one of those nights', let's make it two of them in less than a week.

This is what Liverpool Football Club is all about and what we've all been waiting for the last couple of years. This is where we belong (and not those oil-funded plastic manc bastards). This is why I love this football club more than anything else.

Let's show the world why WE are European Royalty and they'll never, ever be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDt08MS8kSw

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
He changed his name to Badjonsen after that.

True that, which, interestingly, is Icelandic for "Little Prick"  :P

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
https://twitter.com/MattCritchley1/status/983754911455305728

LFC bus arriving at the Etihad. Sickening. Is that guy in the grey giving the wanker sign?
Disgusting, they should forfeit the game.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
Jitters.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
Predictions

Score: 0-2
Red Cards: 2 (both to City)

Fuck off city.  8)