Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023 - archived discussions about what’s offensive  (Read 1063339 times)

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023
« Reply #13960 on: March 20, 2023, 09:55:56 am »
Anyone hoping we would sign him were living in dreamland. We've never spent that much on one player under FSG and we never will. Only last week Henry was on record that we would spend responsibly. Get used to this under them, it'll just be modest spending on players with high potential and low/medium risk.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13961 on: March 20, 2023, 09:56:09 am »
No matter the cost of Bellingham, surely there is a case to be made for him actually being good value for money. Even at well over 100 million. And whatever you may say about FSG ownership, they do appreciate good value for money deals. Bellingham is THE number one rising English star alongside Saka. He is a midfielder without a single gap in his skillset and is still only 19. Whatever you pay for him, similar to Van Dijk and Ali deals - it may look like peanuts in just a season or two. Because you hope to keep him for 5-6 years at least.

Also a question about talent levels at the club right now. We have Alisson, Trent, Konate, Diaz, Mo and maybe Nunez as our players that would fetch really big money?

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13962 on: March 20, 2023, 09:56:26 am »
Nunes isn't very good, but we still seem strongly linked and talk was as if a deal was agreed.

Also we appear to be fucking broke so yeah Nunes is ideal for that, low wages, low transfer fee, can get him in and say job done maybe
There's no way he's relatively cheap given who his agent is and how much Wolves paid

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13963 on: March 20, 2023, 09:56:56 am »
Also, David Ornstein’s piece ties in with a snippet we heard from some people inside Liverpool saying there are concerns about putting all our eggs in one basket. Believe that was Joyce, but can’t be certain. Regardless, these are good journalists who are not clickbaiters in the traditional sense of the word. They’re just telling us what we don’t want to hear but Ornstein in particular has the best contact book in the English game I feel.

:D

That wasn't a snippet, that was clinical telling lies and a few people lapped it up (clearly, some still are).
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13964 on: March 20, 2023, 09:57:18 am »
Anyone hoping we would sign him were living in dreamland. We've never spent that much on one player under FSG and we never will. Only last week Henry was on record that we would spend responsibly. Get used to this under them, it'll just be modest spending on players with high potential and low/medium risk.

Thats fine as a strategy. Problem is we have stopped doing that as well to the level that was needed.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #13965 on: March 20, 2023, 09:57:39 am »
Given that Bellingham hasn’t yet indicated to Dortmund if he will sign a new deal or not, I find it unlikely that any negotiations have taken place with Dortmund, indeed, no source says they have. So I think you chicken licken types can push your despair back a few weeks
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Wolverine

• Main Stander
« Reply #13966 on: March 20, 2023, 09:59:10 am »
Are we not just better off going into full rebuild selling anyone approaching near 30 who we can get funds for maybe Allison apart, I mean what sense is there in hanging onto an aging core that is losing value without the significant transfer funds needed to rebuild the team in the short term.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #13967 on: March 20, 2023, 09:59:35 am »
Why would Bellingham use up all of out budget but it wouldnt for other clubs? It isnt like we've had massive transfer windows recently.

In part because it looks like we'll lose a shitload of money due to not being in the CL due to writing a season off hoping to get Bellingham next year.

Not that we'd have spent big anyway but missing out on top 4 would put us in the bargain bucket.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13968 on: March 20, 2023, 09:59:44 am »
There's no way he's relatively cheap given who his agent is and how much Wolves paid

I mean relative to players we would be looking to sign. Compared to Bellingham or Barella or Caicedo or Macallister etc, he is cheap. He isn't good enough but hey how perception you signed someone I guess

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13969 on: March 20, 2023, 10:00:55 am »
Believe what you like but ornstein didn't write an article based on guesswork. He's one of the best, most trusted journalists out there.

He works for the Athletic, who have made a loss for years. They are a pure clickbait organisation.

https://awfulannouncing.com/athletic/new-york-times-athletic-earnings.html

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13970 on: March 20, 2023, 10:07:02 am »
He works for the Athletic, who have made a loss for years. They are a pure clickbait organisation.

Like I say, believe what you like. Ornstein has a history of being immaculately sourced.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13971 on: March 20, 2023, 10:08:54 am »
Are we not just better off going into full rebuild selling anyone approaching near 30 who we can get funds for maybe Allison apart, I mean what sense is there in hanging onto an aging core that is losing value without the significant transfer funds needed to rebuild the team in the short term.

It's a bit of a confused model in that if you want to generate your own transfer funds via sales then you can't let the squad get old. It's helped in the past having a few easy wins like Brewster and Solanke being sold for 20+ million or 30 million for Benteke. Keita and Ox should have been sold  1-2 years ago and been replaced.

We're too slow to do things and don't do enough.

2019 - signed nobody bar a back-up goalkeeper
2020 - 2 first team ready players, a back up left back and a back up forward. Okay in itself but at least 2 of those players should have been signed the year before which would have made sure we signed the centre back we needed
2021 - one centre back. Again, should have been done the year before with a Wijnaldum replacement a priority and a back up RB at least
2022 - two forwards and a young back up RB. The back up RB hasn't been in the first team all season and again the midfield was neglected
2023 - need 2-3 first XI ready midfielders, 1-2 new defenders and potentially another forward. The idea we'd sign Bellingham for what it'll cost and get the others in without some big sales is cloudcuckooland.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13972 on: March 20, 2023, 10:09:23 am »
Bellingham will be a Liverpool player this summer, no shitty article from Ornstein will change my mind on that. I know our owners and transfer team do get a bit of stick but even they aint dumb enough to spend two years chasing a world class player only to suddenly realise he costs too much. I still think we’re one of the favourites and I think he’ll come to us.. We should set up a media watch page so some people can see clearly how many times these journos contradict themselves, how they cover all their bases, how they name drop a bunch of players knowing one will stick and just how many times they are wrong, maybe that will stop some of you from losing your shit?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13973 on: March 20, 2023, 10:10:24 am »
Christian Falk was also raising doubts in regards to the deal last week.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13974 on: March 20, 2023, 10:11:27 am »

And if he said Bellingham was joining us would be no mention of this.

He is a legit journalist

The sooner people realise Bellingham isnt joining the better.

We had lots of talk of Fernandez in January for 100m

Some just never learn.
We will spend about 100m total in the summer maybe more with sales.

This is why letting old players go a free & on huge wages into their 30's is awful planning.
Fabinho needs to be moved on this summer.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13975 on: March 20, 2023, 10:12:56 am »

He is a legit journalist

Some just never learn.

This is why letting old players go a free & on huge wages into their 30's is awful planning.

That week when we were signing Bellingham and Fernandez was a good week.

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13976 on: March 20, 2023, 10:13:26 am »
Sander Berge it is.

Fucking shambles

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13977 on: March 20, 2023, 10:15:17 am »
Bellingham will be a Liverpool player this summer, no shitty article from Ornstein will change my mind on that. I know our owners and transfer team do get a bit of stick but even they aint dumb enough to spend two years chasing a world class player only to suddenly realise he costs too much. I still think we’re one of the favourites and I think he’ll come to us.. We should set up a media watch page so some people can see clearly how many times these journos contradict themselves, how they cover all their bases, how they name drop a bunch of players knowing one will stick and just how many times they are wrong, maybe that will stop some of you from losing your shit?

You wonder if it's all dependent on getting top 4 though. When we sat on our hands last year we didn't think we'd drop off to the extent we'd miss out on top 4.

Even if we do get top 4 the budget isn't going to be huge.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13978 on: March 20, 2023, 10:17:27 am »
You wonder if it's all dependent on getting top 4 though. When we sat on our hands last year we didn't think we'd drop off to the extent we'd miss out on top 4.

Even if we do get top 4 the budget isn't going to be huge.

Thing is if you drop out the top four and then dont invest, whilst others do, it makes getting into the top four more difficult.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13979 on: March 20, 2023, 10:18:21 am »

The Athletic are the best sports media platform out there, spend more than anyone on local sports journalism and they're owned by The New York Times. What they do - original reporting - is literally the opposite of clickbait. I'm not sure what making a loss has to do with anything when that describes 99% of all media organisations out there.

As for the general thrust, the transfer isn't going to be decided this week so people have to chill. Feels like every good or bad result or piece of transfer speculation leads to a flurry of ultra positive/negative posts sneering at anyone who thought anything else would happen.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13980 on: March 20, 2023, 10:18:24 am »
Some of you must be an absolute fucking nightmare to be around on a daily basis IRL  ;D

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #13981 on: March 20, 2023, 10:19:54 am »
Some of you must be an absolute fucking nightmare to be around on a daily basis IRL  ;D

Where as your accountancy bantz has them all gagging for more? ;)

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13982 on: March 20, 2023, 10:20:47 am »

He is a legit journalist

Some just never learn.

If he actually came out and said he was joining anyone then that's one thing, but he's not. Him and The Atheltic have changed their angle plenty over the last few months/weeks on Bellingham. We've been favourites, Madrid out because of the money involved, City not favourites, Chelsea involved, Chelsea not involved, City and Madrid favourites. It's at point where you question whether it's worth listening to them unless they want to actually state something is happening and ignore the 'updates' The Mount and Chelsea contract situation seems like that as well for them.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #13983 on: March 20, 2023, 10:21:59 am »
;D
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13984 on: March 20, 2023, 10:21:59 am »
Klopp did point out about top 4 shouldn't impact our budget, but the fact he had to say it suggests he knows it will.

Arsenal and United still outspend us when we are in the CL and they aren't and neither have been state owned either.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13985 on: March 20, 2023, 10:22:27 am »
Where as your accountancy bantz has them all gagging for more? ;)

I mean it's no xG in boring number talk, I know  ;D

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #13986 on: March 20, 2023, 10:23:48 am »

He is a legit journalist

Some just never learn.

Based on past behaviour, we're not spending 100 million without sales even if we do finish Top 4
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13987 on: March 20, 2023, 10:24:42 am »
Apart from finance available the other huge question is whose doing the planning and the buying this summer?
If the easy ‘get the worlds most dynamic young MF’ thing doesn’t pan out whose in charge of creating and executing plan B?

Plan B is 'wait a bit longer'.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13988 on: March 20, 2023, 10:25:19 am »
Arsenal and United still outspend us when we are in the CL and they aren't and neither have been state owned either.

Both have had the help of a huge cash pile though, which both have now used up.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #13989 on: March 20, 2023, 10:28:08 am »
Milner can play to fifty right ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13990 on: March 20, 2023, 10:28:25 am »

Get in! They can join us in the skint club community ;D

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13991 on: March 20, 2023, 10:29:07 am »
your the #1 FSG apologist.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13992 on: March 20, 2023, 10:30:43 am »

Considering he is Linda Henry I would imagine so.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13993 on: March 20, 2023, 10:31:22 am »

This has been wheeled out for years only for the sides to continue spending. What is it based on?

ffs not long ago chelsea were 'spending now just to appease the fans but it wont continue'... cue them spending a few more hundred million in the next window :lmao

Everything seems to flip to suit whats desired instead of reality on here sometimes

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13994 on: March 20, 2023, 10:35:47 am »
Was looking forward to 2 weeks without negativity as Liverpool weren't playing, looks like it didn't even last 5 days!!

Really poor if we suddenly don't fancy it at the price we've known it would cost for a long time- we've waited and wasted so much time and considering we wanted Tchouameni at £70m last summer alongside Bellingham this summer there has to be money available (even if its structure/ borrowed)

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #13995 on: March 20, 2023, 10:36:27 am »

David Ornstein

@David_Ornstein
🚨 As things stand, Liverpool increasingly unlikely to sign Jude Bellingham this summer. Expected price & financial power of rivals puts #LFC hopes in doubt. Pursuit not off & no firm decisions but sense is #MCFC + #RMFC in stronger position
@TheAthleticFC
Lynne Hamilton - On The Inside

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1TC38KlmnSo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1TC38KlmnSo</a>

i used to give her roses,
I wish i could again;

But that was on the outside,
And things were different then.

We'd built our world together,
With a love so clear and strong;
But that was on the outside.
Where did i go wrong?

ON THE INSIDE THE SUN STILL SHINES
AND THE RAIN FALLS DOWN
BUT THE SUN AND RAIN ARE PRISONERS TOO
WHEN MORNING COMES AROUND

:'(
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13996 on: March 20, 2023, 10:36:55 am »

Sure fire way to be skint in the PL is to not spend. Either from lost CL revenue or from clubs down the bottom not investing and ending up relegated.

Saving money by not spending is a false economy, it'll just cost you more down the line.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13997 on: March 20, 2023, 10:37:34 am »

....you're.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13998 on: March 20, 2023, 10:38:46 am »
Was looking forward to 2 weeks without negativity as Liverpool weren't playing, looks like it didn't even last 5 days!!

Really poor if we suddenly don't fancy it at the price we've known it would cost for a long time- we've waited and wasted so much time and considering we wanted Tchouameni at £70m last summer alongside Bellingham this summer there has to be money available (even if its structure/ borrowed)

Money went on Nunez with Mane deciding to leave imo. Add likely no UCL next season to the mix. FSG won't change their approach wherever we finish. So it's not really a surprise. The biggest issue is we seem to be making bad decisions all over. We won the league because we got everything spot on.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13999 on: March 20, 2023, 10:38:58 am »

He is a legit journalist

Some just never learn.

I personally don't care if Bellingham joins or not, he'd be a fantastic addition for sure but not at the expense of the overhaul the midfield needs.

How we've got to this position of needing 2-3 midfielders is a collective failure top to bottom.

However the Athletic is still a clickbait site, there is a reason Klopp kicked off with Pearce recently.