Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023 - archived discussions about what’s offensive  (Read 1069300 times)

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023
« Reply #13600 on: March 17, 2023, 09:47:34 am »
So it seems Ugarte put on a clinic last night against Arsenal, anyone watch him?

Think he must surely be the 6 we go for in summer.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13601 on: March 17, 2023, 09:57:38 am »
So it seems Ugarte put on a clinic last night against Arsenal, anyone watch him?

He's a Mendes client so it checks out
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13602 on: March 17, 2023, 10:05:06 am »
We should aim to be a final destination club and not sell to our CL competition...

I thought we were on a path to finally getting to that position in the last few years.

I mean if we want to continously compete rather than having cycles we may have to do both if FSG don't want to put more money in. We may have to sacrifice a top player every now and again.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13603 on: March 17, 2023, 10:09:36 am »
Klopp built the team. We were a complete and utter mess before he joined and fixed us.

It's actually quite disrespecful to him to try and put the success on the owners when the reality is they've single handedly held the team back by not backing him

Al, is that you?
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13604 on: March 17, 2023, 10:11:13 am »

He put on a clinic in kicking people.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13605 on: March 17, 2023, 10:13:24 am »

Was going to say he’d probably miss as many games through suspension as ours do with injury.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13606 on: March 17, 2023, 10:15:49 am »
Was going to say he’d probably miss as many games through suspension as ours do with injury.

Soon train him in the dark arts.. I'd love a Fernandinho/Kante/Masher type no.6.. A destroyer letting everyone else get on with attacking!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13607 on: March 17, 2023, 10:21:30 am »
Soon train him in the dark arts.. I'd love a Fernandinho/Kante/Masher type no.6.. A destroyer letting everyone else get on with attacking!

Its great having a player like that but I wasnt that impressed, was very basic in his approach. I think there are better players out there for us.

But he plays in Portugal so that means he no doubt will be top choice.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13608 on: March 17, 2023, 10:28:01 am »
Its great having a player like that but I wasnt that impressed, was very basic in his approach. I think there are better players out there for us.

I've seen Arsenal fans say he bossed their entire midfield.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #13609 on: March 17, 2023, 10:28:25 am »

With Ward leaving who knows if we'll retain an interest in the Portuguese league

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13610 on: March 17, 2023, 10:28:31 am »
His passing looks extremely limited, it's mostly 5-10 yard easy passes, anything more seemed a bit complicated and either given away or a pass which reached it's target but left his teammate in a shit spot. While not expecting Pirlo back there I don't think we'd want someone that limited either. Looks good defensively though and didn't seem to mind being pressed but he'd be off after 10mins any time we played a Manchester club.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #13611 on: March 17, 2023, 10:29:00 am »

But how many of ours would he injure in training? :o

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13612 on: March 17, 2023, 10:29:05 am »

He was great in what he did. He did more in that game than Nunes has done all season for Wolves. Sounds like they are roughly the same price too.

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #13613 on: March 17, 2023, 10:30:52 am »

It makes too much sense so I doubt it
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13614 on: March 17, 2023, 10:33:36 am »

What about Florentino Luis? I know you looked at him in the periphery while looking at Enzo Fernandez, how does he stack up?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #13615 on: March 17, 2023, 10:35:18 am »
His passing looks extremely limited, it's mostly 5-10 yard easy passes, anything more seemed a bit complicated and either given away or a pass which reached it's target but left his teammate in a shit spot. While not expecting Pirlo back there I don't think we'd want someone that limited either. Looks good defensively though and didn't seem to mind being pressed but he'd be off after 10mins any time we played a Manchester club.

He's gets it and gives it - a water carrier is exactly what we need. We currently don't have anyone doing the 'get it' part .. and his numbers as a ball winner are ridiculous
His ball retention in Portugal are fantastic fwiw and he kept it really well vs Arsenal who are pretty much as good as it gets at the moment
There might be better options - maybe Florentino Luis is a bit more complete, certainly Rice is but they're 2 and 3 years older - I'd be excited if we bought him
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 10:37:56 am by JackWard33 »

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13616 on: March 17, 2023, 10:36:56 am »
He's gets it and gives it - a water carrier is exactly what we need. We currently don't have anyone doing the 'get it' part 
His ball retention numbers in Portugal are fantastic fwiw and he kept it really well vs Arsenal who are pretty much as good as it gets at the moment
There might be better options - maybe Florentino Luis is a bit more complete, certainly Rice is but they're 2 and 3 years older - I'd be excited if we bought him

Yep, not doing anything more than easy 5-10 yard passes all the time will give you great pass completion % for sure.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13617 on: March 17, 2023, 10:41:15 am »
Yep, not doing anything more than easy 5-10 yard passes all the time will give you great pass completion % for sure.

Sure
He starts every game for us based on our current squad though

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13618 on: March 17, 2023, 10:42:40 am »
What about Florentino Luis? I know you looked at him in the periphery while looking at Enzo Fernandez, how does he stack up?

Yeah he looked good a bit more composed. Both him and that Ugarte are pure defensive midfielders, you won't get much passing ability from them which is something Fabinho had when he was good.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13619 on: March 17, 2023, 10:44:02 am »
Sure

That's not much of a compliment to be fair, that applies to about 200 midfielders.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13620 on: March 17, 2023, 10:44:19 am »

Great, means he actually gets close enough to opposition midfielders then.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13621 on: March 17, 2023, 10:44:35 am »
Sure

Hardly a ringing endorsement is it?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13622 on: March 17, 2023, 10:46:35 am »
That's not much of a compliment to be fair, that applies to about 200 midfielders.

There aren't 200 midfielders with his ball winning numbers ...more like 2
So it depends what we want to buy and what our budget is

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13623 on: March 17, 2023, 10:53:42 am »
Him winning the ball and playing simple 5/10 yard passes will be fine if he's got elite ball carriers like Bellingham alongside him.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13624 on: March 17, 2023, 10:53:53 am »
Haven't watched him, for any of the seasoned RAWK scouts how does he compare to his similarly short compatriot Torreira?

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13625 on: March 17, 2023, 10:55:50 am »

What do you want from your no.6? His passing accuracy over the season is 91%.. I'd love a player who is extremly press resistant and doesn't turn over the ball, whilst being great at winning it back.

We have more than enough creative players, we need some piano carriers.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13626 on: March 17, 2023, 11:03:42 am »
Yeah all you need from a no. 6 on the ball is for him to be able to give it to more creative players. Him playing simple 5-10 yard passes shouldn't be seen as a negative.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13627 on: March 17, 2023, 11:05:23 am »
We should be buying whoever the 2023 version of Fabinho at Monaco is. Dominating in a good team, physical but also really tactically astute, and ready to take the step up to become world class in their position.

Maybe that's Ugarte, maybe not. Personally think Florentino Luis profiles slightly better, but who knows.

Online clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13628 on: March 17, 2023, 11:17:01 am »
We should be buying whoever the 2023 version of Fabinho at Monaco is. Dominating in a good team, physical but also really tactically astute, and ready to take the step up to become world class in their position.

Maybe that's Ugarte, maybe not. Personally think Florentino Luis profiles slightly better, but who knows.

Fabinho beats him in a sprint. Jorginho hot on his heels.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13629 on: March 17, 2023, 11:17:35 am »
Florentino Luis it is then

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13630 on: March 17, 2023, 11:18:04 am »

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13631 on: March 17, 2023, 11:22:08 am »

Attacking    8 - Bellingham
Controlling 8 - Mount, Rice, Sukic
Defensive.  6.- Luis, Ugarte, Baleba, Nunes, Kone

Feels like we're going to take a risk on some of the other positions if we go all out for Bellingham

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13632 on: March 17, 2023, 11:23:56 am »

Attacking    8 - Bellingham
Controlling 8 - Mount, Rice, Sukic
Defensive.  6.- Luis, Ugarte, Baleba, Nunes, Kone

Feels like we're going to take a risk on some of the other positions if we go all out for Bellingham

Thats all over the shop :lmao

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13633 on: March 17, 2023, 11:25:13 am »
For the stats guys what is Forfana like at Monaco isn’t he a 6 ?

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13634 on: March 17, 2023, 11:27:03 am »

Tell me about it. ;D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13635 on: March 17, 2023, 11:27:09 am »

Yes, its the names we've been linked with so far in the press

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13636 on: March 17, 2023, 11:29:56 am »
Yes, its the names we've been linked with so far in the press

He's talking about the types of midfielders you assigned them as.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13637 on: March 17, 2023, 11:34:32 am »
We just need to fuck off what ever experiment we tried with Salah/Diaz hugging the touchline and our fullbacks underlapping! My hope is the Gakpo signing says that is being binned.
Wouldn't surprise me if the links to Frimpong are legit. Can play RM and RB so would cover Trent and can play the wide role in the underlapping fullback system. Which is wank by the way  :D

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13638 on: March 17, 2023, 11:40:48 am »
Wouldn't surprise me if the links to Frimpong are legit. Can play RM and RB so would cover Trent and can play the wide role in the underlapping fullback system. Which is wank by the way  :D

Haven't seen any serious links but if true would fit us imo,very attacking,very quick,at the right age and Trent'd have some serious competition for the first time to maybe kick him into gear.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13639 on: March 17, 2023, 11:43:20 am »

Homegrown as well I think ?