Author Topic: Liverpool City Council  (Read 111802 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: Joe Anderson Mayor of Liverpool
« Reply #280 on: May 4, 2019, 03:10:56 pm »
The flaw in the plan is that a mayor serves terms, whereas a council leader can sit virtually indefinitely. Joe could just go back to leading the council like he did before, and he was no more held to account back then than Warren Bradley was before him.

I do agree that the metro mayor post gas made the city mayor post somewhat redundant though.

The City (Lord) Mayor post is purely ceremonial and doesn't have the executive powers that the elected Mayor does.

Edit: Just re-read your post! Don't think the Metro Mayor has done much yet though.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: May 4, 2019, 03:33:17 pm »
The City (Lord) Mayor post is purely ceremonial and doesn't have the executive powers that the elected Mayor does.

Edit: Just re-read your post! Don't think the Metro Mayor has done much yet though.

Yeah didn't mean the Lord Mayor! ;D

You're right about the metro mayor, but the office still supersedes the locally elected mayor. Personally I think both positions are pointless.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: June 11, 2019, 10:58:50 am »
He's not all bad. Laying into Esther McVey here:

------------

Liverpool Mayor Joe Anderson has taken the extraordinary step of writing to all Conservative MPs urging them not to select Esther McVey as their new leader and the next Prime Minister of the country.

As part of his bold intervention the Mayor tweeted that he has officially 'revoked' Mrs McVey's 'Scouse status'.

He tweeted: "Tory austerity has had a terrible effect on Liverpool. This city stands for community, fairness & justice. At DWP & as Tory Party Leader hopeful, Ester McVey’s record flies in face of that proud tradition. Scousers don’t do that to Scousers."

As part of his tweet, there was a mock up of Ms Mcvey's 'Scouse privileges' card - with a large 'revoked' stamp across it.

The Labour Mayor has also penned an open letter, addressed to 'All Conservative Members of Parliament' - in which he pleads with them not to back the controversial Liverpool-born former Welfare chief for the role.

Ms McVey - who is reviled across much of her native Merseyside for her role in policies like Universal Credit and the Bedroom Tax - is one of a number of Tory MPs vying to replace Theresa May as party leader and Prime Minister.

Writing to her colleagues today, Mayor Anderson said: "While convention might dictate that members of other parties only comment from afar, I feel compelled to write to all members of the ‘selectorate’ and intervene on behalf of the millions of people in our country who face, in the words of the Joseph Rowntree Foundation, ‘destitution’.

more in the article:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/joe-anderson-revokes-esther-mcveys-16407955?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar&fbclid=IwAR0gdXTkhSQPGyrsPhoMRKkf5Dq3dlMf_0aNTQ8_nIY0el_wgrvSQXc7mJc
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 11:00:30 am by Tsar Kastik »
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #283 on: June 12, 2019, 10:23:42 am »
He's not all bad. Laying into Esther McVey here:

------------

Liverpool Mayor Joe Anderson has taken the extraordinary step of writing to all Conservative MPs urging them not to select Esther McVey as their new leader and the next Prime Minister of the country.

As part of his bold intervention the Mayor tweeted that he has officially 'revoked' Mrs McVey's 'Scouse status'.

He tweeted: "Tory austerity has had a terrible effect on Liverpool. This city stands for community, fairness & justice. At DWP & as Tory Party Leader hopeful, Ester McVey’s record flies in face of that proud tradition. Scousers don’t do that to Scousers."

As part of his tweet, there was a mock up of Ms Mcvey's 'Scouse privileges' card - with a large 'revoked' stamp across it.

The Labour Mayor has also penned an open letter, addressed to 'All Conservative Members of Parliament' - in which he pleads with them not to back the controversial Liverpool-born former Welfare chief for the role.

Ms McVey - who is reviled across much of her native Merseyside for her role in policies like Universal Credit and the Bedroom Tax - is one of a number of Tory MPs vying to replace Theresa May as party leader and Prime Minister.

Writing to her colleagues today, Mayor Anderson said: "While convention might dictate that members of other parties only comment from afar, I feel compelled to write to all members of the ‘selectorate’ and intervene on behalf of the millions of people in our country who face, in the words of the Joseph Rowntree Foundation, ‘destitution’.

more in the article:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/joe-anderson-revokes-esther-mcveys-16407955?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar&fbclid=IwAR0gdXTkhSQPGyrsPhoMRKkf5Dq3dlMf_0aNTQ8_nIY0el_wgrvSQXc7mJc

In doing this, he is well aware that nobody in receipt of his letter will be in the least bit interested in reading it or taking on board his views. This is aimed squarely at boosting his own popularity with his own electorate.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: June 12, 2019, 11:26:52 am »
Exactly. She's not even a front runner. She's got odds of becoming the next PM far longer than those not in the running. As usual with Anderson it was all about him. He's embarrassing.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: June 12, 2019, 12:49:18 pm »
In doing this, he is well aware that nobody in receipt of his letter will be in the least bit interested in reading it or taking on board his views. This is aimed squarely at boosting his own popularity with his own electorate.

I'd be interested to know who granted McVey the mythical Scouse Priviliges Card in the first place.

They should be named and shamed, then defrocked, in public.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: June 17, 2019, 10:05:11 pm »

"Revokes" McVey's Scouse Privilege card.  Let them build a statue of Thatcher-loving Cilla though.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #287 on: June 17, 2019, 11:48:46 pm »
"Revokes" McVey's Scouse Privilege card.  Let them build a statue of Thatcher-loving Cilla though.
Surprise, surprise.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: June 20, 2019, 09:37:18 pm »
Kloppo on Brexit:

"I'm glad that I'm here while Brexit is going on and obviously let's hope it doesn't actually happen. Liverpool is a prime example of what bad politics can do. When the right people don't care about politics and the wrong people actually do the politics, a lot of bad things can happen."

Expecting Anderson to be writing another very stern letter to the police. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: June 21, 2019, 12:55:49 am »
Expecting Anderson to be writing another very stern letter to the police. ;D

I think he's talking about the 'managed decline', isn't he? Might be wrong

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: June 22, 2019, 06:41:04 pm »
I think he's talking about the 'managed decline', isn't he? Might be wrong

Of Everton?

Popcorn's Art

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #291 on: June 22, 2019, 08:17:00 pm »
Of Everton?

No, nobody's 'managed' them for 24 years.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: June 22, 2019, 09:47:38 pm »
No, nobody's 'managed' them for 24 years.

;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #293 on: December 2, 2019, 07:32:23 am »
At it again on twiter the fat beaut. Can't keep his mouth shut.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: December 2, 2019, 09:02:25 am »
At it again on twiter the fat beaut. Can't keep his mouth shut.

Go on, give us a hint.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #295 on: December 2, 2019, 01:34:08 pm »
Go on, give us a hint.
Yes. go on.

Does it involve calling the bizzies?

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #296 on: December 2, 2019, 02:26:51 pm »
Heard someone saying he had a pop at Tom Davies which he traded blows with a fellow blue?
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: December 2, 2019, 04:13:37 pm »
Heard someone saying he had a pop at Tom Davies which he traded blows with a fellow blue?

And then he grassed the fellow Blue up to the bizzies?

Online ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #298 on: December 5, 2019, 11:40:16 am »
Hope he’s reported the murder at Anfield last night.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: December 5, 2019, 07:16:37 pm »
Is everyone aware of the scale of cuts Liverpool has faced and is still facing?
Has everyone had a go at trying to balance the budget.

They need to find an eye-watering Ł57m savings in the coming months.
https://liverpool.gov.uk/budget2020

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: December 6, 2019, 07:05:35 am »

Scary as fuck that budget calculator , anything but drastic cuts in adults and social care makes it seem impossible . Once the reserves has gone I dread what it will be like for citizens of the city

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #301 on: December 6, 2019, 04:00:11 pm »

Yes. Absolutely essential to get the Tories out or there is more of this to come for the next ten to twenty years.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #302 on: February 3, 2020, 08:11:17 am »
Spotted on a circus poster on the Liverpool party pad gaff opposite the Tommy Frost:

Chippy Tits, Liverpools very own clown. :)
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: February 25, 2020, 03:34:32 pm »
He's announced a woodland park in memory of George Harrison in existing parkland opposite Allerton Towers.

When I was a kid the area was known as No Man's Land and the scene of many a campfire and game of split the kipper.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #304 on: February 25, 2020, 04:40:09 pm »
Spotted on a circus poster on the Liverpool party pad gaff opposite the Tommy Frost:

Chippy Tits, Liverpools very own clown. :)

Went past yesterday and its been changed from the original to him in drag with ''Relax'' written above it

He looks lovely ;D

Offline liversaint

• Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #305 on: February 25, 2020, 11:24:07 pm »
Went past yesterday and its been changed from the original to him in drag with ''Relax'' written above it

He looks lovely ;D

Yeah, seen it had been changed last night myself after the game  ;D ;D

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: May 12, 2020, 12:26:05 pm »
Bitter twat
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: May 12, 2020, 12:58:11 pm »
Fat tit.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #308 on: May 12, 2020, 01:24:51 pm »
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #309 on: May 12, 2020, 01:25:45 pm »
What's the Mayor of Everton said now?

When the fuck is Krispy Kreme back open?  :no
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: May 12, 2020, 01:26:07 pm »

Is he still bleating on about reds breaking lockdown if we win the title?  He's the most desperate voider going.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: May 12, 2020, 02:35:16 pm »
Is he still bleating on about reds breaking lockdown if we win the title?  He's the most desperate voider going.

Yep, still banging that fucking drum, while loads flock to the parks to sunbathe. Wonder what the prick will say about this coming weekend?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: May 12, 2020, 05:38:41 pm »
Yep, still banging that fucking drum, while loads flock to the parks to sunbathe. Wonder what the prick will say about this coming weekend?

You could probably build high rise blocks out of his fucking arteries, they must be that rigid.

Popcorn's Art

Offline liversaint

• Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #313 on: May 12, 2020, 07:43:22 pm »

He'll have sand in his knickers diverting the attention away from the bitters upcoming 25th anniversary.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: May 12, 2020, 10:34:21 pm »
He'll have sand in his knickers diverting the attention away from the bitters upcoming 25th anniversary.

Aaaand now I have a mental image of Joe Anderson in a jockstrap.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Joe Anderson arrested (really!)
« Reply #315 on: December 4, 2020, 04:56:42 pm »
Sorry for the Echo link.

The elected Mayor of Liverpool, Joe Anderson, has been arrested.

The city leader was arrested earlier today by Merseyside Police along with four other men in connection with offences of bribery and witness intimidation as part of an investigation into building and development contracts in Liverpool.

Detectives made arrests at addresses throughout the city as well as Ormskirk and Southport.

The arrests are part of "an ongoing investigation", police said today.

Confirming the details of the arrests police said the following five people had been arrested:

A 72-year-old man, from Aigburth, has been arrested on suspicion of witness intimidation.

A 62-year-old man, from Old Swan has been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit bribery and witness intimidation.

A 33-year-old man, from West Derby, has been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit bribery and witness intimidation.

A 46-year-old man, from Ainsdale, has been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit bribery and witness intimidation.

A 25-year-old man, from, Ormskirk, has been arrested on suspicion of witness intimidation.

The ECHO understands that the 62-year-old man arrested is the directly elected Mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/mayor-liverpool-joe-anderson-arrested-19399231

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Joe Anderson arrested (really!)
« Reply #316 on: December 4, 2020, 05:30:22 pm »
He's been arrested but not charged or convicted of anything. Be very careful what you write on a public forum.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #317 on: December 4, 2020, 06:22:24 pm »
Whatever the outcome of the arrest I hope this marks the beginning of the end for him and his inner circle.....and irony of ironies - does this now put the new Police HQ in the investigative frame?!
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #318 on: December 4, 2020, 06:28:43 pm »
Will take a brave CLP to unseat him, regardless of the outcome. He has incredible support from the unions.

Plus as has proved lately (rightly or wrongly), the Labour party's disciplinary processes are pretty toothless.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: December 4, 2020, 06:43:20 pm »
Be very careful what you write on a public forum.

He’s a waste of fucking space and an embarrassment to the City. That’s allowed isn’t it? :D