Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2059014 times)

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #15320 on: September 3, 2020, 09:42:08 pm »
I’d personally like to see them do some sort of rotational system / cycle.

Say Season Ticket holders split into three groups so they can be guaranteed one game in every three.

Then Members with 13 games plus split into perhaps four groups so they can be guaranteed one game in every four, then a small amount of surplus tickets each game for other Members who have been to six plus games. Those successful in a ballot can’t apply again until the four game cycle has been completed to give others a chance.

8,600 Season Ticket holders (Three game cycle)
2,000 Hospitality Season Ticket holders (Three game cycle)
1,250 Members on 13 plus (Four game cycle)
650 Members on 6 plus (Ballot - four game cycle)
12,500 total tickets.

That’s assuming we’ve got around 26,000 Season Ticket holders, 6,000 Hospitality Season Ticket Holders and around 5,000 Members on 13 plus.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #15321 on: September 3, 2020, 09:53:52 pm »

Say Season Ticket holders split into three groups so they can be guaranteed one game in every three.

Then Members with 13 games plus split into perhaps four groups so they can be guaranteed one game in every four, then a small amount of surplus tickets each game for other Members who have been to six plus games. Those successful in a ballot can’t apply again until the four game cycle has been completed to give others a chance.

12,500 total tickets.

That’s assuming we’ve got around 26,000 Season Ticket holders, 6,000 Hospitality Season Ticket Holders and around 5,000 Members on 13 plus.

Cant see them including members below the 13+ mark for the initial matches at 12,500 attendance. Also think that members on full credits should be treated the same at STH's
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15322 on: September 3, 2020, 10:28:54 pm »

12,500 total tickets.

That's also assuming that everyone will actually want to go to the game, and would take up the option of a ticket, which is certainly not the case. There are so many scenarios and questions, including:

People who have no choice but to go with a companion (children, those with disabilities)
People who travel with someone, and couldn't realistically make their own way there and back
Family/same household, can they apply together and sit together?

I like the idea of a cycle though in principle. Once you've been successful, you can't apply again until everyone else has had a ticket, or been given the option of buying one.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #15323 on: September 3, 2020, 10:32:22 pm »
Thats how I read it mate yes.  Fantastic news for me I have to say
Ive criticised the club in the past but have to say this is the best way to do it
Very relieved. Was worried we'd be screwed if we weren't lucky enough to get in this year.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15324 on: September 4, 2020, 05:08:36 am »
Anybody got anything official about the "25%" at that Sheff United game on 24 Sep? Certainly no mention of dates and figures such as those on the club's site in yesterday's announcement.
Ya we have been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe if we score then it will be different and we scored and it was different.  - Rafael Benitez Ataturk Stadium Istanbul 26 May 2005

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15325 on: September 4, 2020, 07:40:37 am »
Cant see them including members below the 13+ mark for the initial matches at 12,500 attendance. Also think that members on full credits should be treated the same at STH's

Why? They never have been?

Let me guess. You have full credits from last season?

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #15326 on: September 4, 2020, 08:32:34 am »

Were for the charity shield

Members on 19 should get treated the same... they've attended the same number of matches and also paid more for the privilege...

You don't see ST holders getting priority on league away sales (unless it drops to 0 credits)
« Last Edit: September 4, 2020, 08:42:13 am by 30fiver »

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15327 on: September 4, 2020, 08:34:12 am »

Can also see the club scrapping the credit gained for attending any games in 2020/21

Should buy a lotto ticket tonight :D

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15328 on: September 4, 2020, 08:37:37 am »
People who are uneasy with going will probably be more comfortable with not going with it now confirmed no game this season will count as a credit.

As for the know-how, it's a brand new ticket system this season. No-one will know the short cuts (unfortunately :( ), well apart from the bot-builders.

New ticket system doesn't look anywhere near ready and with the way they are going to have to sell seats maybe they'll stick to a system they know

Sure their new super duper sophisticated ticket system wont be compromised before the first sale :butt

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15329 on: September 4, 2020, 09:09:44 am »

Members on 19 should get treated the same... they've attended the same number of matches and also paid more for the privilege...

That's debatable for some

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #15330 on: September 4, 2020, 09:21:49 am »
I got 4 credits last season, what are my chances?

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15331 on: September 4, 2020, 09:39:51 am »
I would guess no chance.

Renewed my membership on the slight chance 15+ members get in

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15332 on: September 4, 2020, 10:24:48 am »

I don't have full credits, but members with 19 should definitely be given the same opportunity as those with season tickets in my opinion.
Of course it could be that some of those members didn't actually attend all 19 and they gave the card to a mate for a few of them, but that also applies to season ticket holders too.
There will be some in both camps that actually attended all 19, and some that didn't.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #15333 on: September 4, 2020, 10:34:16 am »
I don't expect much of a sniff with my 4 credits. Maybe like making a small amount available for a ballot just to keep us sweet would be nice, even if it's just like a 5% chance.

Suppose I've got all European and domestic cup credits so might be in with a shout there, although suspect we'll be out of the league cup before fans are being allowed back.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15334 on: September 4, 2020, 10:38:46 am »
Anybody got anything official about the "25%" at that Sheff United game on 24 Sep? Certainly no mention of dates and figures such as those on the club's site in yesterday's announcement.

Nothing 'official' no, but Pearce and the Echo are running with it so the club have clearly been talking

Offline Shaneee.

• Siannn's alter ego
  • Anny Roader
  • Y N W A
« Reply #15335 on: September 4, 2020, 11:16:01 am »
Thats how I read it mate yes.  Fantastic news for me I have to say
Ive criticised the club in the past but have to say this is the best way to do it

Great. I got 14 last season for the first time so that’s music to my ears!

You'll Never Walk Alone

Online Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #15336 on: September 4, 2020, 11:21:19 am »
Does everybody think that members will have to renew to be able to buy tickets, even if they meet the criteria set by the club?

Not creating a Season Ticket v Members debate but it looks like STH's will be able to apply with no cost, but a member may have to pay £26.99 to apply for the same ticket? Hardly seems fair if that's going to be the case.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15337 on: September 4, 2020, 11:29:43 am »
Members will definitely have to renew, the price should be discounted though.

But we know that won't happen as people have renewed already

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #15338 on: September 4, 2020, 12:16:52 pm »
When summarising your credits are you guys counting the games that were cancelled or assuming that credit won’t be used? ... So expect the maximum is 16 rather than 19?
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15339 on: September 4, 2020, 12:23:34 pm »
When summarising your credits are you guys counting the games that were cancelled or assuming that credit won’t be used? ... So expect the maximum is 16 rather than 19?

You don't technically get the credit until the game is played, so I'd assume the max is 16.
YNWA.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15340 on: September 4, 2020, 12:26:07 pm »
We only played 15 at home... so the max is 15

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15341 on: September 4, 2020, 12:27:32 pm »

Im on full credits but cant see it.  The club have made me importance clear in the past
I thought last season 19-20 credits wont matter until the 21-22?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15342 on: September 4, 2020, 12:27:38 pm »
I wouldn't assume anything in regards to that to be honest. The club haven't confirmed whether they are or aren't counting those games for those that had already bought them.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15343 on: September 4, 2020, 12:30:19 pm »
Im on full credits but cant see it.  The club have made me importance clear in the past
I thought last season 19-20 credits wont matter until the 21-22?

The charity shield sales give me confidence

19/20 credits will be used to buy this seasons tickets (they could possibly go back another year) but then the tickets bought this year wont count next year... bit like the Villa cup game

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15344 on: September 4, 2020, 12:35:52 pm »
The charity shield sales give me confidence

19/20 credits will be used to buy this seasons tickets (they could possibly go back another year) but then the tickets bought this year wont count next year... bit like the Villa cup game

Yes sorry youre correct.

So only those with full credits from last year allowed in the ballots?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15345 on: September 4, 2020, 12:44:01 pm »
Yes sorry youre correct.

So only those with full credits from last year allowed in the ballots?

Personally I would make that assumption, but the club have said nothing

Might even say 34 out of the last 34 and span over the 2 seasons, we can only wait and see

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #15346 on: September 4, 2020, 01:11:02 pm »
There's no precedence for the club to go back further than the 19/20 season.
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15347 on: September 4, 2020, 01:12:19 pm »
There's no precedence for the club to go back further than the 19/20 season.

An incomplete season?

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #15348 on: September 4, 2020, 01:15:38 pm »
We only played 15 at home... so the max is 15

Is right, sorry.

13/15 for me then. Fingers crossed
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #15349 on: September 4, 2020, 01:29:36 pm »
Liverpool are hoping to partially reopen Anfield with a capacity of around 12,500 for next month’s Premier League fixture against Sheffield United.

Discussions are ongoing but the visit of Chris Wilder’s side, currently scheduled for October 24, has been pencilled in as the first home game to be played in front of fans since the club’s Champions League exit at the hands of Atletico Madrid on March 11.

The Athletic understands the plan is to use all four stands and implement social distancing measures so Anfield will be operating at around 23 per cent of its usual 54,000 capacity.

Liverpool have held ongoing talks with supporters’ groups since the initial lockdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic in March and recent fans’ forums have discussed plans to reopen the stadium with club officials taking feedback on board.

Billy Hogan declared that getting fans back into Anfield was his “immediate priority” after officially starting work as the club’s new CEO this week. “There is a lot of work going on to figure out how we do that and most importantly how we do it safely,” he said. “An amazing team of people are working behind the scenes to look at what those challenges present.”

Every home game played behind closed doors costs Liverpool more than £3 million in lost revenue.

The big dilemma is how to go about distributing those 12,500 tickets. Liverpool have around 27,000 season ticket holders and around 11,000 members who have all the relevant credits to be eligible for a seat.

Fans will likely have to opt into a ballot. Tickets cannot be transferred, either, as Liverpool need to know exactly who is inside the ground and exactly where they are sitting to comply with NHS Test and Trace measures.

Liverpool say they are still working on the finer details and will continue to take advice from both the government and the Premier League.

“There’s nothing concrete in terms of proposals at this stage but the dialogue with the club has been very positive,” a source from one of the fans’ groups involved in the discussions with Liverpool told The Athletic. “Some Premier League clubs have just said, ‘This is what we’re doing, end of story’. But to their credit, Liverpool have sought to engage with the fans.

“They’ve been in listening mode and 12,500 is the kind of figure they are talking about. They are having to make big changes to the concourses and the areas outside the ground, which still form part of the club’s footprint.

“The ratio of season ticket holders in the ground should be roughly the same to what it usually is for games. Depending on demand, a season ticket holder could be looking at only being able to attend one in every four matches until the capacity can increase. Not everyone is going to be satisfied but it’s not an easy situation for anyone.

“There could be up to 500 away fans allowed in too but that’s going to come down to a Premier League-wide decision based on government advice on things such as travelling to and from games.”

With the ongoing uncertainty and reluctance to take money up front that could have to be refunded, Liverpool have decided to suspend the season ticket renewal process and their “Auto Cup Scheme”, which allows season ticket holders and members to secure tickets for cup competitions. Instead, they will sell tickets to fans on a match-by-match basis.

No credits will be accrued for future seasons because the club do not want to penalise supporters who, for a variety of reasons, may decide they don’t wish to attend games in the current climate.

Hundreds of Anfield stewards took part in a Zoom call with club officials on Tuesday night to learn more about the reopening.

They were informed that fans will have to wear face masks and the plan is to use the large exit gates rather than turnstiles when it comes to supporters entering the ground to avoid confined spaces. Despite the heavily reduced capacity, Liverpool will still operate with around 670 stewards on match days.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15350 on: September 4, 2020, 01:41:04 pm »
Can't seem to figure out how to make a poll.

If an admin/someone who is bored maybe make a separate thread for a poll of 'are you returning to the match'? Genuinely curious as it's 50/50 in the 15-odd people I've asked who are eligible (STHs/full home credits)
YNWA.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15351 on: September 4, 2020, 01:42:23 pm »
Can't seem to figure out how to make a poll.

If an admin/someone who is bored maybe make a separate thread for a poll of 'are you returning to the match'? Genuinely curious as it's 50/50 in the 15-odd people I've asked who are eligible (STHs/full home credits)

Would be a lot higher if credits counted :D

People might see it as an opportunity to save money, stay safe and the atmosphere just wont be the same

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15352 on: September 4, 2020, 01:45:53 pm »
Would be a lot higher if credits counted :D

People might see it as an opportunity to save money, stay safe and the atmosphere just wont be the same

haha yeah, no doubt. Risking our health to preserve those credits. ;D Think it's definitely the money/atmosphere/safety putting people off. Others just want something to do with their weekends again lol.
YNWA.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #15353 on: September 4, 2020, 02:17:52 pm »
which makes using 13/15 nonsense

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15354 on: September 4, 2020, 02:37:13 pm »
The big dilemma is how to go about distributing those 12,500 tickets. Liverpool have around 27,000 season ticket holders and around 11,000 members who have all the relevant credits to be eligible for a seat.

Does that mean we have 11k on 13+?

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15355 on: September 4, 2020, 02:39:50 pm »

No. I think 11k is the whole members allocation

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15356 on: September 4, 2020, 03:05:20 pm »
No. I think 11k is the whole members allocation

Ah OK, thought it seemed a lot! In that case what they say isn't quite accurate as not all 11k would be eligible for every game normally.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15357 on: September 4, 2020, 03:30:28 pm »
Were for the charity shield

You don't see ST holders getting priority on league away sales (unless it drops to 0 credits)

STH get priority in cup sales, in cup final tickets.

They are treated differently. Why does a lad who happens to have full credits on his card get in at the same opportunity as a STH who's been going for years?

Don't count on it. As ever people will be annoyed.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #15358 on: September 4, 2020, 07:13:10 pm »

That’s how I read it although there aren’t 11k on 13+ (Surely) so I was hoping the member criteria was a bit lower.

Im expecting the uptake to be relatively low from STHs and members from particularly the older generation. There’s a lot of them in the ground

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
Re: Members Sale
« Reply #15359 on: September 4, 2020, 07:22:37 pm »
STH get priority in cup sales, in cup final tickets.

They are treated differently. Why does a lad who happens to have full credits on his card get in at the same opportunity as a STH who's been going for years?

Don't count on it. As ever people will be annoyed.

Season ticket holders were not given priority for Kiev or Madrid (just a ballot for season ticket holders and members who had attended 6 games). Also, Graham said this earlier this year, referring to how when we have ACS next, anyone who was in ACS the previous season will be guaranteed to be in it again.
Members and STH will have equal advantage in the ACS next year,

If a member or STH was in the ACS this year they equally get the same chance to be in it again.

STHs are buying tickets for games somethings nine or ten months in advance - not four or five.

Many STHs have had tickets for forty years plus not the Members scheme that has only bene in place for around ten.

And any erosion of the disparity in the last few years has been almost solely to favour members.

Season ticket holders are probably still going to be prioritised for the game by game cup sales (from the 2021/22 season onwards) though (this is not really relevant though as barely any season ticket holders will buy in these sales as they have been able to get into ACS with no credits up until last season). Anyway what’s so wrong with someone who has been on full credits for years as a member being recognised as equal to a season ticket holder. They haven’t and probably won’t ever have the opportunity to join the waiting list for a season ticket (most members are quite young), as it’s been closed for 9 years. Unless they know someone, building up credits on a membership is the only hope for a kid to get to Anfield these days.