Author Topic: Ask the next person a question  (Read 546919 times)

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ask the next person a question
« Reply #12760 on: January 24, 2023, 11:34:25 pm »
best comic book character?
Daredevil. Crusading dynamo lawyer by day, masked crimefighter by night. Is one of the only disabled superheroes (along with Charles Xavier) because he leapt in front of a radioactive truck to save someone's life when he was a kid, yet he's so great at his job no one even notices, plus he's the biggest lothario in the Marvel universe this side of Tony Stark.

If you could recreate the Simpsons softball episode with players from the current Premier League, who would you choose? One player per team, all 11 positions must be represented and choices should be made for quirkiness/entertainment value as well as ability.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12761 on: January 29, 2023, 08:14:31 pm »
Sorry don't watch Simpsons so can't answer.

Would you accept a Qatari company as our owners?

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12762 on: January 30, 2023, 01:27:07 am »

Would you accept a Qatari company as our owners?

No. But the club won’t care, and neither will the cry arses in the numerous match/ player threads on here. In fact, the vast majority of the sickening c*nts would welcome it.

When was the last time you watched a PL game live? (Over ten years for me now).

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12763 on: January 30, 2023, 10:01:58 am »
No. But the club won’t care, and neither will the cry arses in the numerous match/ player threads on here. In fact, the vast majority of the sickening c*nts would welcome it.

When was the last time you watched a PL game live? (Over ten years for me now).
A mate's girlfriend has Spurs season tickets along with her family so I went with them to see the Everton game, which was predictably dire. It seems to be virtually impossible to get Anfield tickets.

I'm tempted to ask how anyone can not have seen the Simpsons in this day and age but instead, what's the most famous and ubiquitous cultural touchstone you've never experienced?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #12764 on: January 30, 2023, 10:06:31 am »
A mate's girlfriend has Spurs season tickets along with her family so I went with them to see the Everton game, which was predictably dire. It seems to be virtually impossible to get Anfield tickets.

I'm tempted to ask how anyone can not have seen the Simpsons in this day and age but instead, what's the most famous and ubiquitous cultural touchstone you've never experienced?

Harry Potter probably.  Just zero interest.  Tried to read a little bit of one of the books waaay back in the day and it was really bad.

What's the best flavour of gum?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12765 on: January 30, 2023, 10:09:19 am »
Harry Potter probably.  Just zero interest.  Tried to read a little bit of one of the books waaay back in the day and it was really bad.

What's the best flavour of gum?

I think extra do a bubblegum flavour which is nice, but cant go wrong with spearmint.

Why would you look at a thread which is asking a question specifically and just go....

? ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12766 on: January 30, 2023, 01:16:24 pm »
Because no-one else was answering the question.

What's the best and worst steak you've had?

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #12767 on: January 30, 2023, 01:54:54 pm »
Because no-one else was answering the question.

What's the best and worst steak you've had?

don't like steak  ;D

would you rather be bow-legged or knock-kneed and why so?
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #12768 on: February 9, 2023, 04:34:42 pm »
don't like steak  ;D

would you rather be bow-legged or knock-kneed and why so?

Bow-legged since I think you can have surgery to improve/treat this. Knock knees comes with progressive arthritis of the knee.

Do you wear shoes in the house? Not just to walk in but actively wear shoes when walking round the house, sitting on the couch etc..
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12769 on: February 9, 2023, 04:43:12 pm »
Bow-legged since I think you can have surgery to improve/treat this. Knock knees comes with progressive arthritis of the knee.

Do you wear shoes in the house? Not just to walk in but actively wear shoes when walking round the house, sitting on the couch etc..

Yes, I only take them off if I put my feet up on the sofa.

Do you prefer having a beer at home or in the pub?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12770 on: February 9, 2023, 04:58:18 pm »
Yes, I only take them off if I put my feet up on the sofa.

Do you prefer having a beer at home or in the pub?

In the pub, I like being out in company. Also Fellas who I know who drink at home all drink far too much than is healthy, so its not a road I want to go down.

What's the funniest thing you've done while drunk?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12771 on: February 9, 2023, 10:23:04 pm »
In the pub, I like being out in company. Also Fellas who I know who drink at home all drink far too much than is healthy, so its not a road I want to go down.

What's the funniest thing you've done while drunk?

While on a mates 40th in Vegas I somehow walked out of the room and found myself disoriented and naked from the waist down attempting to avade the two security guards who'd been called to the floor as there was a half naked (waist down naked) fella running about who'd forgotten what room he was in.

Thankfully they were absolutely sound. Calmed me down and located my room and let me in. Saw them both later in the holiday and apologised to them.

What's one place you've been to on holiday and would never, ever go back to.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12772 on: February 10, 2023, 02:30:24 am »
While on a mates 40th in Vegas I somehow walked out of the room and found myself disoriented and naked from the waist down attempting to avade the two security guards who'd been called to the floor as there was a half naked (waist down naked) fella running about who'd forgotten what room he was in.

Thankfully they were absolutely sound. Calmed me down and located my room and let me in. Saw them both later in the holiday and apologised to them.

What's one place you've been to on holiday and would never, ever go back to.
Vegas.  Too many half-naked drunks wandering around.

Best "spoiling yourself" aspect of a holiday abroad?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12773 on: February 10, 2023, 09:12:21 pm »
For my wife, a spa treatment. For myself, splashing out on a watch or something similar. Or maybe having an extravagant meal.

Do you think Abi Dhabi will get properly punished?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12774 on: February 10, 2023, 09:16:30 pm »
For my wife, a spa treatment. For myself, splashing out on a watch or something similar. Or maybe having an extravagant meal.

Do you think Abi Dhabi will get properly punished?

Yes I do - the future of the PL depends on what punishment they get. If the PL were only going to fine them, they'd have already done it and glossed over it.

Do you think the "internet sleuths" who have turned up where Nicola Bulley vanished genuinely want to help, or are they just a bunch of attention seeking fucknuggets?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12775 on: February 11, 2023, 09:23:53 am »
Yes I do - the future of the PL depends on what punishment they get. If the PL were only going to fine them, they'd have already done it and glossed over it.

Do you think the "internet sleuths" who have turned up where Nicola Bulley vanished genuinely want to help, or are they just a bunch of attention seeking fucknuggets?

a lot are fucknuggets but some i think others are genuinely intrigued by the disappearance - if i lived nearby then i'd go down and see if i could contribute to solving the 'mystery' obviously not spoiling evidence and getting in the way of an investigation though

on that subject - who is your favourite tv detective/police officer/police lieutenant etc (you get the picture)
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12776 on: February 11, 2023, 10:21:14 am »
Officer Mahoney from Police Academy, followed by Lieutenant Hightower and Commandant Harris

Have you ever had a dream which actually ended up coming true? I just had a dream about me murdering two people and getting nicked for it then getting 20 years. Very weird stuff.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12777 on: February 13, 2023, 01:00:20 pm »
Officer Mahoney from Police Academy, followed by Lieutenant Hightower and Commandant Harris

Have you ever had a dream which actually ended up coming true? I just had a dream about me murdering two people and getting nicked for it then getting 20 years. Very weird stuff.

the night before the infamous concorde crash, i dreamt that a concorde was flying down the mersey and did a loop the loop before crashing

when i saw the actual crash on the news i went a little bit cold

what was the name of your first boyfriend/girlfriend/other (delete as applicable) and how long did you go out for?

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #12778 on: February 13, 2023, 01:26:08 pm »
the night before the infamous concorde crash, i dreamt that a concorde was flying down the mersey and did a loop the loop before crashing

when i saw the actual crash on the news i went a little bit cold

what was the name of your first boyfriend/girlfriend/other (delete as applicable) and how long did you go out for?

Her name was Lisa, she was 14, I was 13, she lived opposite my Uncles house in Whiston. We used to walk into the farmers fields near Cronton and hold hands and all that stuff. I sometimes wonder what happened to her.

My question, does dreaming vividly of someone mean anything?
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12779 on: February 14, 2023, 07:51:05 pm »
Dreams are very complex and beyond our understanding. I do think sometimes real life events manifest in the form of dreams and that includes people close to us appearing in them.

Do you have any pre-travel rituals before going to the airport?

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #12780 on: February 16, 2023, 07:48:08 am »
Dreams are very complex and beyond our understanding. I do think sometimes real life events manifest in the form of dreams and that includes people close to us appearing in them.

Do you have any pre-travel rituals before going to the airport?

Mine are very basic. Always pack the night before like most people. But when you are walking out the door and you know you may have left something, I decide to double check my passport, credit card and any tickets I need. Nothing else really matters.

I remember going on a big trip with a now ex wife and saying the same thing to here over and over before the trip, passport and credit card, don't sweat the rest. She forgets her passport, then tries to blame me for rushing her at the end.

What is your favorite memory from school.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #12781 on: February 16, 2023, 04:06:56 pm »

What is your favorite memory from school.
Leaving.

What is your worst memory from school?

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #12782 on: February 16, 2023, 07:20:16 pm »
Leaving.

What is your worst memory from school?

Have to go a long way back. When I was pretty young and joined a new school in Sheffield and very lost and lonely.

Current ear worm (Bel Merci - Jengi from the cute toddler at some Russian ski resort on Youtube)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #12783 on: February 16, 2023, 08:09:47 pm »
Have to go a long way back. When I was pretty young and joined a new school in Sheffield and very lost and lonely.

Current ear worm (Bel Merci - Jengi from the cute toddler at some Russian ski resort on Youtube)

Don't forget the next question, Andy...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12784 on: February 17, 2023, 08:24:52 am »
Don't forget the next question, Andy...

but he did (i think that counts as an answer)

what's your favourite album cover?

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #12785 on: February 17, 2023, 12:04:39 pm »
but he did (i think that counts as an answer)

what's your favourite album cover?

Depends. In Rainbows maybe. I am fussy af. I love Revolver's. Nahh why mess about - UNKNOWN PLEASURES.

Worst experience with a GP you've had?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #12786 on: February 17, 2023, 12:21:28 pm »
Worst experience with a GP you've had?

Indianapolis 2005 was pretty bad ;)

[Frank Lampard]Seriously though, just trying to get through at 8am. I've never had a 'bad' one as such, usually it's ringing up to up/down prescriptions or query something, but the awful way it's done in this country at the moment where it's "set the alarm for half 7 to make sure I'm at the phone to hit dial at 08:00:01" is horrific.

Do you bite your fingers/fingernails?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #12787 on: February 17, 2023, 12:26:44 pm »
Indianapolis 2005 was pretty bad ;)

[Frank Lampard]Seriously though, just trying to get through at 8am. I've never had a 'bad' one as such, usually it's ringing up to up/down prescriptions or query something, but the awful way it's done in this country at the moment where it's "set the alarm for half 7 to make sure I'm at the phone to hit dial at 08:00:01" is horrific.

Do you bite your fingers/fingernails?

Yes, have done since I was a kid and I can't be stopped.  Tried everything, even taped them at one point.  Definitely a nerves thing, I go to town on them during Liverpool matches.

If your only options are to be 6'7 or 5'3, which would you choose, and why?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12788 on: February 17, 2023, 03:23:01 pm »
Yes, have done since I was a kid and I can't be stopped.  Tried everything, even taped them at one point.  Definitely a nerves thing, I go to town on them during Liverpool matches.

If your only options are to be 6'7 or 5'3, which would you choose, and why?

6'7 cause I've got a mate that shorter height and he hates it. though me berd is 5 foot nothing so I'd possibly get arrested for noncing being THAT tall. I'd grow a massive beard and me hair out and just try to look wild af

Do you wish our pavements were not grey?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #12789 on: February 17, 2023, 03:41:05 pm »
6'7 cause I've got a mate that shorter height and he hates it. though me berd is 5 foot nothing so I'd possibly get arrested for noncing being THAT tall. I'd grow a massive beard and me hair out and just try to look wild af

Do you wish our pavements were not grey?

No, I think there's a certain romance in the mundanity of dreary Britain.

Which food would look the weirdest if it were a different colour?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12790 on: February 17, 2023, 03:57:21 pm »
No, I think there's a certain romance in the mundanity of dreary Britain.

Which food would look the weirdest if it were a different colour?

Pizzas would lose a lot of lustre if they were slate / pavement grey

Hats: yes, no, which, why, why not, each gender?

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12791 on: February 17, 2023, 04:00:56 pm »
Pizzas would lose a lot of lustre if they were slate / pavement grey

Hats: yes, no, which, why, why not, each gender?
Each to their own, but never for me.

What's the weirdest tasting food you have sampled?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #12792 on: February 17, 2023, 04:50:10 pm »
Each to their own, but never for me.

What's the weirdest tasting food you have sampled?
School Haggis

What’s the best place you’ve ever visited?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #12793 on: February 17, 2023, 10:04:04 pm »
School Haggis

What’s the best place you’ve ever visited?

Lake Como in Italy - just the most beautiful place I have ever been

What age were you when you stopped playing football

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12794 on: February 18, 2023, 12:09:03 am »
What age were you when you stopped playing football
Played at a fairly decent level until my mid-30s.
Carried on playing 5 a-sides, etc until I was in my early 50s.

Were you ever half-decent at any other sport other than togger?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12795 on: February 18, 2023, 10:22:47 am »
I used to be a great sprinter, faster than anyone else I knew. Then came the belly, cut me down in my prime

What's the most unreliable car brand?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12796 on: February 18, 2023, 10:28:44 am »
I used to be a great sprinter, faster than anyone else I knew. Then came the belly, cut me down in my prime

What's the most unreliable car brand?

Audi. Even more than BMW, their cars end up with dickheads. You just can't trust that brand

Would Liverpool be better if it kept and upgraded its tram system?

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12797 on: February 18, 2023, 12:16:46 pm »
Audi. Even more than BMW, their cars end up with dickheads. You just can't trust that brand

Would Liverpool be better if it kept and upgraded its tram system?

anything that cuts down emissions and cars everywhere is always better so yes - and i'll go one more, and bring back the docker's umbrella

what's the best decade ever for music - and no giving 2 or 3 answers, just the one

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #12798 on: February 18, 2023, 12:42:52 pm »
anything that cuts down emissions and cars everywhere is always better so yes - and i'll go one more, and bring back the docker's umbrella

what's the best decade ever for music - and no giving 2 or 3 answers, just the one

1980s.

What's the best decade for film?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12799 on: February 18, 2023, 02:40:44 pm »
1980s.

What's the best decade for film?
1970s, followed by the 90s (best music decade IMO) and 40s.

How do you think the world would be different right now if social media hadn't gone beyond MySpace?