Poll

Do you wear a seat belt at the back of a car?

Yes
76 (83.5%)
No
15 (16.5%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Author Topic: Seat Belts  (Read 11801 times)

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Re: Do you wear a seat belt at the back of a car?
« Reply #200 on: January 28, 2023, 04:05:59 pm »
Those who aren't old enough to remember the "Clunk Clip Every Trip" adverts, for front seat belts, won't know that they were fronted by the Royals and the BBCs favourite paedophile Jimmy Saville

I remember the clunk click on every trip slogan, don't recall Saville fronting it though but I do remember him fronting the "This is the age of the train" ones for British Rail
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2023, 04:50:40 pm »
Was an ad a few years back here that showed a lad sitting in the back smashing the head off everyone else in the car. It ended with "It's the one without the seatbelt that did the damage." I still have to repeat that line pretty much every time my 43 year old brother sits in the back of my car.

Remember that too.

Always do in ours or a family/friends car.  But for some reason not always when in the back of a taxi ??? no idea why not to be honest, really should be automatic.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2023, 05:15:41 pm »
I always wear one and now I don't feel safe on a bus or train that doesn't have them.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2023, 08:09:51 pm »
Of course. Why the fuck wouldn’t you?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2023, 08:43:31 pm »
Was an ad a few years back here that showed a lad sitting in the back smashing the head off everyone else in the car. It ended with "It's the one without the seatbelt that did the damage." I still have to repeat that line pretty much every time my 43 year old brother sits in the back of my car.

Yeah,no fucker gets in the back of my car without wearing the seatbelt,if they complain then ignore me,they're walking.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #205 on: January 28, 2023, 08:46:37 pm »
Of course. Why the fuck wouldn’t you?
I know, I have the same feeling that you must be a bit daft if you don't, including sitting in the back seat.

Some guy I used to work with in Scotland use to routinely drive with no belt, even after it was illegal and he flat out felt that wearing a seat belt made him less manly.

They report car crash fatalities here and always report if the deceased was wearing a seat belt. Invariably seat belts are not worn and the victim gets thrown clear.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: January 29, 2023, 09:07:03 am »
I just find it staggering that some people’s first consideration is whether they have to by law. Rather than, you know, theirs and every other person in the car’s safety. A few anecdotes:

Years ago, my brother’s mate took off his belt to reach into the boot of the car he was in. At that moment the car was forced off the road by a reckless overtaking car coming towards them. The other two people in the car walked away with cuts and minor injuries. He was thrown from the car and died a few days later. 

My wife was staying in Canada as a teen when a car crashed outside their house. It had probably been speeding and hit a tree - no one was wearing a belt. 5 teenagers all killed. She had to got to therapy after what she saw - 3 mangled and contorted bodies thrown from the car.

There’s a horrific ad they used to show in NI that shows what could happen when one person doesn’t wear a belt.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #207 on: January 29, 2023, 02:17:53 pm »
Why is anyone voting no? I’m genuinely staggered by that.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
Re: Seat Belts
« Reply #208 on: February 8, 2023, 03:12:01 pm »
Was thinking about this thread and the insanity that is helmet law for motor bikes in Illinois, Iowa, New Hampshire and Florida.

No helmets are required when riding a motorbike.

Makes seat belt law look like over restrictive government over reach inhibiting your freedom.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #209 on: February 8, 2023, 03:13:39 pm »
Why is anyone voting no? I’m genuinely staggered by that.

they're all dead now  :wave
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Seat Belts
« Reply #210 on: February 8, 2023, 04:08:04 pm »
Was thinking about this thread and the insanity that is helmet law for motor bikes in Illinois, Iowa, New Hampshire and Florida.

No helmets are required when riding a motorbike.

Makes seat belt law look like over restrictive government over reach inhibiting your freedom.

If you aren't squeamish, google motorcycle facial injuries. You'll need a strong stomach.

I have ridden down our street without a lid, but I'd never ride on road without one, even if the law didn't enforce it.

I used to be a bit odd, I'd ride in helmet/gloves and t-shirt/shorts/trainees. Now its only full leathers, even for a 5 minute ride to get the bike MOT'd
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA