Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 223856 times)

Online Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #320 on: March 17, 2017, 10:17:35 am »
10 when it's guaranteed I think, 4 when it isn't so more people have a chance. Think that is what someone said b4 on here.

Still only one per qualifying FC/ST though
We are a team of one half.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #321 on: March 20, 2017, 10:02:50 pm »

Emirates Air Miles can be used to get semi-final tickets. Against modern football.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: March 20, 2017, 10:16:01 pm »
That's absolutely mental

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #323 on: March 20, 2017, 10:37:14 pm »
And the media  do genuinely debate why the FA cup has lost its way over the last decade and a bit
Teams(ahem) not entering - ridiculous match scheduling -  collect airmiles for semi final..repeat semi final tickets

Bellends
+6 ticket exchange

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #324 on: March 20, 2017, 10:57:13 pm »
That is outrageous! Imagine struggling to get a ticket and hearing about shite like that happening.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #325 on: March 21, 2017, 12:09:51 am »
mot great marketing but those tickets are coming out of the sponsor allocations so would be going to either competition winners or corporate freebies anyway.
It is far to much that 1/3 of the stadium goes to corporate seats but 8000 or so for the fa grassroots are also tickets that should go to actual fans or should come out of the sponsors tickets.

Online Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #326 on: March 21, 2017, 12:10:07 am »
Presumably these are in the neutral sections? Still wrong like, but there are so many tickets which aren't given to the two finalists.....

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #327 on: March 21, 2017, 07:54:28 am »
Presumably these are in the neutral sections? Still wrong like, but there are so many tickets which aren't given to the two finalists.....
They are not in the neutral sections, the are guaranteed to be in the end of whichever club you follow.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #328 on: March 21, 2017, 11:14:42 am »
Had a lad outside the tram station at the etihad on sunday offering 300 for away end tickets and home end tickets as well, had to 'contact the lad if we wanted them' and he'll be there in minutes, what a joke
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Online nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #329 on: March 21, 2017, 04:33:53 pm »
They'll always be touting unfortunately as demand always outstrips supply
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #330 on: March 21, 2017, 04:48:15 pm »
Compulsory 15% like fa cup games would solve it.

Online Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #331 on: March 21, 2017, 06:37:46 pm »
Then our fans at home would lose out. No easy solution  :-\

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: March 21, 2017, 07:27:12 pm »
10 percent for aways would be great well worth taking the hit at home.

Years ago before seats you got loads of away tickets , this fell due to reduced capacity after seats but loads of grounds have expanded now giving them the same or more than before, Old Trafford, Arsenal, West Ham, City and soon to be Chelsea and Spurs not forgetting ourselves.

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #333 on: March 21, 2017, 07:55:58 pm »
I'd be more than happy to lose 2k more if it meant less touting and bigger aways at bigger grounds 100%
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: March 21, 2017, 09:56:48 pm »
Thing is, most clubs don't take a full allocation at aways as it is, so upping it to 10% / 15% or whatever isn't going to benefit many clubs at all

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: March 21, 2017, 10:13:24 pm »
Thing is, most clubs don't take a full allocation at aways as it is, so upping it to 10% / 15% or whatever isn't going to benefit many clubs at all

We need more tickets,  we could have taken 10000 to City on Sunday (maybe more).  If we had an unlimited number of tickets what would our lowest away following be?  Posssibly 5000 at an unattractive venue in midweek December.  Quite happy to take the hit on the home tickets at Anfield provided we get extra tickets for aways.   Easily done without any effect on the atmosphere if you weed out the arl'arses, bellends and whoppers.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: March 21, 2017, 10:39:47 pm »
We need more tickets,  we could have taken 10000 to City on Sunday (maybe more).  If we had an unlimited number of tickets what would our lowest away following be?  Posssibly 5000 at an unattractive venue in midweek December.  Quite happy to take the hit on the home tickets at Anfield provided we get extra tickets for aways.   Easily done without any effect on the atmosphere if you weed out the arl'arses, bellends and whoppers.

Don't disagree it'd benefit us in the slightest. But I'd say maybe 5 out of 20 clubs in the Premier League would take the maximum 10/15%. That's why I never see it happening.

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: March 22, 2017, 12:50:48 am »
Think you'd be surprised how many teams would take, especially with the £30 being in place. If Newcastle and Leeds came up they would take loads everywhere.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #338 on: April 1, 2017, 10:25:59 pm »
Was talking to some bellend on the train home, he was telling me how well he'd done cos he couldn't get a ticket so he came up anyway and the guys were asking for £250 and he managed to get them down to £100.

I told him "The problem is people like you come down without a ticket and will buy tickets from these people, if noone did that then maybe you'd be able to get a ticket in the first place"

But nope, right over his head the soft twat. It needs sorting out so bad.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #339 on: April 1, 2017, 10:39:51 pm »
The fella in front of me at the turnstile got stopped with a forged tkt - looked like one of ours from years ago, with red and yellow on. Stewards were trying to tell him he should only get them from the Tkt Office.

"Oh, I go now?"

"no, mate, none left now..."

Dread to think what he'd paid but that's the chance you take.....

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #340 on: April 1, 2017, 11:19:23 pm »
The fella in front of me at the turnstile got stopped with a forged tkt - looked like one of ours from years ago, with red and yellow on. Stewards were trying to tell him he should only get them from the Tkt Office.

"Oh, I go now?"

"no, mate, none left now..."

Dread to think what he'd paid but that's the chance you take.....

Good. Daft c***

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #341 on: April 2, 2017, 10:28:52 am »
I was talking to two lads in the Flat Iron yesterday who had travelled from Israel. They had paid £500 for a pair of tickets!

They got hold of them via some website. The arrangement was he paid the money up front and picked the cards up outside the Flat Iron, which he did. He had to meet the guy after the match to return the cards.
One of them showed me the details for the card he had. It was in the lower centenary, block KH I think with the name on it.

They both seemed decent lads and were genuinely gutted when they realised how much over the odds they had actually paid.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #342 on: April 2, 2017, 11:22:28 am »
I was talking to two lads in the Flat Iron yesterday who had travelled from Israel. They had paid £500 for a pair of tickets!

They got hold of them via some website. The arrangement was he paid the money up front and picked the cards up outside the Flat Iron, which he did. He had to meet the guy after the match to return the cards.
One of them showed me the details for the card he had. It was in the lower centenary, block KH I think with the name on it.

They both seemed decent lads and were genuinely gutted when they realised how much over the odds they had actually paid.

Without these people willing to spend extortionate money there would be less touts. There'll always be these people though as it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to see their club so are willing to pay 500% increase on the face value. There's no solution to it.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Online Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #343 on: April 2, 2017, 12:04:46 pm »
Shame you couldn't report the names on the cards! Or take a picture of them... though sadly not sure how much the club would do, despite what they say....

Shocked anyone would think £500 is what we all pay  :-\

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #344 on: April 2, 2017, 03:39:35 pm »
Shame you couldn't report the names on the cards! Or take a picture of them... though sadly not sure how much the club would do, despite what they say....

I was in U1 yesterday, and a steward was having a big talk with a group of lads before the game, checking all their tickets. He went away, then came back a few minutes later and took photos of all of their tickets, hopefully they can work out who sold them from that

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: April 2, 2017, 03:49:44 pm »
I was in U1 yesterday, and a steward was having a big talk with a group of lads before the game, checking all their tickets. He went away, then came back a few minutes later and took photos of all of their tickets, hopefully they can work out who sold them from that

They were checking random people going to U9 as well

Someone had seat details written on a piece of paper. They got the person to take the card out and took details of it as well from what I saw.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: April 2, 2017, 03:59:31 pm »
Was making my way to my seat up in u1 and there was a steward with a clip board and another one with a handful of tickets they must've confiscated.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Online Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #347 on: April 2, 2017, 04:03:35 pm »

Good. Though wasn't this one collection only? That didn't work if so!  :-\ It must be hard to keep ahead, but at least they seem to be trying to do something.

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #348 on: April 2, 2017, 08:07:54 pm »
Good. Though wasn't this one collection only? That didn't work if so!  :-\ It must be hard to keep ahead, but at least they seem to be trying to do something.

yeah they're collection only, but that doesn't really stop somebody collectng them and then shifting them on.

anyhow, the local sales have been brilliant this season
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #349 on: April 2, 2017, 08:08:11 pm »

It's been said on here before but some kind of anonymous way of registering the ticket you're using as touted whilst at the match with some kind of reward for those who do (credit transferred to them ect) needs to come in. Would go a long way towards those lads who have paid massively over face value helping to identify the touts. If someone wants to abuse the system and spend £500 each game to end up with maxed out membership then i'm not arsed so long as 19 touts are left back at square 1.

Mates sharing tickets would be fine cos they aren't gonna shop someone their mate but obviously this could cause an issue with the Face Value thread in case folks screwed over the people on there like.

Online Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #350 on: April 2, 2017, 08:26:11 pm »
Yes, read about that. It does have possibilities, I agree. Has it been suggested to the club - like via the SC or anything? Worth a go!

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: April 3, 2017, 08:11:39 am »

They were on the ball in U1, saw them confiscating tickets and member cards from people wandering around with bits of paper with their seat number on. There was what looked like a TO fuck up with two people with genuine tickets for the same seat like ;D The two stewards on the steps were asking everyone with a paper ticket to stop and show ID. It's about time cos it's been in their faces for years but guess they haven't been able to do anything.

Offline James55

• Main Stander
« Reply #352 on: April 3, 2017, 08:33:02 am »
I was getting a taxi yesterday too airport got chatting to taxi man.. He was openly telling me his buddy was a ticket tout selling tickets £100+ Easy getting it.. Then i asked how many tickets, seeminly has 800 season tickets.. Surely this a pile off crap? Then has another buddy with200 tickets

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #353 on: April 3, 2017, 10:31:21 am »
I was getting a taxi yesterday too airport got chatting to taxi man.. He was openly telling me his buddy was a ticket tout selling tickets £100+ Easy getting it.. Then i asked how many tickets, seeminly has 800 season tickets.. Surely this a pile off crap? Then has another buddy with200 tickets

He'll have probably told his next passenger that he recently had Jurgen Klopp in the back snorting a line, and then the following passenger that he had just dropped Neymar off at Melwood.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #354 on: April 3, 2017, 10:39:37 am »
He'll have probably told his next passenger that he recently had Jurgen Klopp in the back snorting a line, and then the following passenger that he had just dropped Neymar off at Melwood.

:o
This guy has some serious connections!  ::)

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #355 on: April 3, 2017, 02:14:11 pm »
Not all that relevant but the state of the Bournemouth exchange makes me laugh. Tickets for the Derby like golddust and people have three/four tickets to get rid of now.

Some will be genuine but I'd bet my left nut there's some credit hunting going on. Such a shame.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: April 3, 2017, 02:19:09 pm »
Not all that relevant but the state of the Bournemouth exchange makes me laugh. Tickets for the Derby like golddust and people have three/four tickets to get rid of now.

Some will be genuine but I'd bet my left nut there's some credit hunting going on. Such a shame.

Bournemouth going to be an interesting dynamic now - there's loads of tickets available directly from the club and loads on the exchange

people on the exchange likely to get stuck with tickets unless they slash the price they want to recoup

that will mean people would prefer to buy off the exchange than the club, fuelling the credit hunting (not a Bournemouth issue by the way or having a go - it always happens for mid week matches against the smaller teams that tickets are in huge supply)

what i do question is - the thousands who say they can never ever get tickets to the matches. its games like this that are so easy to get tickets for that people should be snapping up

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: April 3, 2017, 02:45:28 pm »
Bournemouth going to be an interesting dynamic now - there's loads of tickets available directly from the club and loads on the exchange

people on the exchange likely to get stuck with tickets unless they slash the price they want to recoup

that will mean people would prefer to buy off the exchange than the club, fuelling the credit hunting (not a Bournemouth issue by the way or having a go - it always happens for mid week matches against the smaller teams that tickets are in huge supply)

what i do question is - the thousands who say they can never ever get tickets to the matches. its games like this that are so easy to get tickets for that people should be snapping up

part of the dynamic of 2 sales per season and having to buy early.....of course credit hunting comes into play......but a match 4 months or whatever it is since the bulk sale...does anybody really know what their plans are at that point?

Yes easy to get tickets for this Bournemouth match right now.....but for those thousands who can never get tickets then in this instance it only becomes a possibility a few days before the match.......do they live local? can they get out of work?  etc........

it is not as simplistic as it is suggested.......

according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #358 on: April 3, 2017, 02:58:12 pm »

part of the dynamic of 2 sales per season and having to buy early.....of course credit hunting comes into play......but a match 4 months or whatever it is since the bulk sale...does anybody really know what their plans are at that point?

Yes easy to get tickets for this Bournemouth match right now.....but for those thousands who can never get tickets then in this instance it only becomes a possibility a few days before the match.......do they live local? can they get out of work?  etc........

it is not as simplistic as it is suggested.......

Time of match has been known for quite a while. Hasn't been shifted for TV.
You can return tickets 2 weeks before match if you can't make it.
I returned my Derby tickets as couldn't make 12.30 KO due to work - some other supporter got to see a great win & got the match credit.
For some people its about the credit.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: April 3, 2017, 03:02:14 pm »
Time of match has been known for quite a while. Hasn't been shifted for TV.
You can return tickets 2 weeks before match if you can't make it.
I returned my Derby tickets as couldn't make 12.30 KO due to work - some other supporter got to see a great win & got the match credit.
For some people its about the credit.
Hope that doesn't relegate you in to a sale with newbies next season