Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 789276 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Just Fucking Robertson...
« Reply #3600 on: January 24, 2020, 03:42:56 am »
Completely, and Milner is still out doesn't help. Wonder if any of the younger players could cover?

He's got a week to recover and hopefully by then Milner will be fit as well.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3601 on: January 24, 2020, 02:13:12 pm »
Adama is a fairly one-dimensional player but he’s very good at that dimension. That was probably the most I’ve seen Robbo struggle for us, and he was a bit rash for their goal. Unsurprisingly he’s also seemed a bit tired recently. Such a brilliant player, but surely a priority for summer is bringing in a wing-back who can provide cover for Trent and Robertson without a significant drop in quality. It has been the one position that has proven difficult to rotate over the last couple of months.

Neco Williams and Larouci were excellent against Everton and have another chance to show that they can contribute against Shrewsbury.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3602 on: January 24, 2020, 05:24:04 pm »
Completely, and Milner is still out doesn't help. Wonder if any of the younger players could cover?

Larouci should have an audition at the weekend. If he does well maybe he can start Southampton next week.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3603 on: January 24, 2020, 05:50:36 pm »
Larouci should have an audition at the weekend. If he does well maybe he can start Southampton next week.
Unless Robertson has his left leg removed during the week there’s no way Larouci starts ahead of him against Southampton.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3604 on: January 24, 2020, 07:12:49 pm »
Unless Robertson has his left leg removed during the week there’s no way Larouci starts ahead of him against Southampton.

Probably not but we're running him into the ground.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3605 on: January 24, 2020, 07:46:12 pm »
Larouci was excellent against Everton and now it's time for him to up his game against a better team. I'd start him against the Shrews.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3606 on: January 25, 2020, 01:24:18 am »
Adama is a fairly one-dimensional player but he’s very good at that dimension. That was probably the most I’ve seen Robbo struggle for us, and he was a bit rash for their goal. Unsurprisingly he’s also seemed a bit tired recently. Such a brilliant player, but surely a priority for summer is bringing in a wing-back who can provide cover for Trent and Robertson without a significant drop in quality. It has been the one position that has proven difficult to rotate over the last couple of months.

Agree - Milner is fine as 4th choice full back and coming on as a sub in midfield most games but I'd sign a left-footed full-back in the summer for sure to give Robbo more of a breather; I guess one like Sessengon who ca n play a defensive role in the front three too would be nice but don't know if they grow on trees

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3607 on: January 25, 2020, 01:46:09 am »
Agree - Milner is fine as 4th choice full back and coming on as a sub in midfield most games but I'd sign a left-footed full-back in the summer for sure to give Robbo more of a breather; I guess one like Sessengon who ca n play a defensive role in the front three too would be nice but don't know if they grow on trees

One player that I'd love to see is Dwight McNeil of Burnley. A left footed forward who does an above average share of defensive work for his position. Also looks easy on the eye on the ball, unlike Sessegnon whom I thought looked a straight lines kind of player.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3608 on: January 25, 2020, 03:43:47 am »
Thursday night was the worst I've seen Robertson yet, you can forgive him an iffy performance though, Traore was rinsing him, seems Robbo really struggles against out and out pace merchants, didn't Gnabry ruin him last season too?, not ragging on Andy at all, he's immense, but that does appear to be his vulnerability, and fair play to Nuno for spotting it and capitalising on it.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3609 on: January 25, 2020, 04:16:36 am »
We also have to keep in mind Sadio going off injured in the 30th minute may have contributed to a difficult game for Robertson. He helps out Robbo quite a bit defensively, while Robbo has freedom to bomb forward whenever an opportunity arises.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3610 on: January 25, 2020, 05:04:47 am »
We also have to keep in mind Sadio going off injured in the 30th minute may have contributed to a difficult game for Robertson. He helps out Robbo quite a bit defensively, while Robbo has freedom to bomb forward whenever an opportunity arises.

True. Robbo and Sadio have brilliant partnership.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3611 on: January 25, 2020, 02:16:13 pm »
Larouci was excellent against Everton and now it's time for him to up his game against a better team. I'd start him against the Shrews.
He was excellent against Everton and I’m sure he’ll start against Shrewsbury. I’m saying there’s no way Robertson doesn’t start in the league (I meant West Ham not a Southampton).
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3612 on: January 25, 2020, 02:34:51 pm »
Could do with another left back as backup in the summer but they're hard to find just ask Pep Guardiola.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3613 on: January 25, 2020, 06:00:24 pm »

This post deserves more appreciation.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline christofu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3614 on: January 25, 2020, 07:58:48 pm »
Thursday night was the worst I've seen Robertson yet, you can forgive him an iffy performance though, Traore was rinsing him, seems Robbo really struggles against out and out pace merchants, didn't Gnabry ruin him last season too?, not ragging on Andy at all, he's immense, but that does appear to be his vulnerability, and fair play to Nuno for spotting it and capitalising on it.

I don't think he had such a bad game as people are making out on Thursday (nor in his past few games). Traore is going to rinse anyone in 1 v 1 situations and I'm certain our aim was defend those situations better as a group (and with our higher line) rather than leaving him exposed.

agreed

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3615 on: January 25, 2020, 08:40:59 pm »
I don't think he had such a bad game as people are making out on Thursday (nor in his past few games). Traore is going to rinse anyone in 1 v 1 situations and I'm certain our aim was defend those situations better as a group (and with our higher line) rather than leaving him exposed.

Nah he did. Pretty much every good chance they had, and the goal, was a ‘what the fuck is he doing there?!’ sort of thing. When Jiminez was one on one with Alisson, albeit a tight angle, Robbo was playing him onside and was a good 3/4 yards behind the defensive line.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3616 on: January 25, 2020, 10:38:37 pm »

Robbo had a mare, no getting around it. Can’t think of a worse game defensively since he became a regular for us. If Lovren had the kind of game Robbo just had, there would’ve been several pages already of people shouting to the rooftops.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3617 on: January 25, 2020, 10:49:56 pm »
Robbo had a mare, no getting around it. Can’t think of a worse game defensively since he became a regular for us. If Lovren had the kind of game Robbo just had, there would’ve been several pages already of people shouting to the rooftops.

Not his best game but he had more of the ball than anyone else,lad never hides.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3618 on: January 25, 2020, 11:02:07 pm »

If Lovren had faced Traore the other night the backroom staff would still be trying to untangle his limbs. It wasn't just Robbo who couldn't cope with Traore it was all of the players. It was probably best highlighted by Hendo flying into a challenge that would of felled a Sumo wrestler. Only to just bounce of Traore.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3619 on: January 26, 2020, 02:59:10 am »
If Lovren had faced Traore the other night the backroom staff would still be trying to untangle his limbs. It wasn't just Robbo who couldn't cope with Traore it was all of the players. It was probably best highlighted by Hendo flying into a challenge that would of felled a Sumo wrestler. Only to just bounce of Traore.

Yes Al, everyone knows that if Lovren had had the game that Robbo did on Thursday night, you’d have let everyone know many times in multiple threads, while also blaming FSG.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3620 on: January 26, 2020, 03:15:57 am »
He was excellent against Everton and I’m sure he’ll start against Shrewsbury. I’m saying there’s no way Robertson doesn’t start in the league (I meant West Ham not a Southampton).

its only everton though ;D

i do like the look of larouchi. hope he gets more game time. he does really rely a bit too much on his left though. once opposition figure that out think he can be easily pressed. defensively i think that he is pretty decent. good pace but needs to work a bit on his positioning. he was caught out a few times on the left when everton targeted him. but its all part of his development. guess he will learn from it.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3621 on: January 26, 2020, 03:22:40 am »
Yes Al, everyone knows that if Lovren had had the game that Robbo did on Thursday night, you’d have let everyone know many times in multiple threads, while also blaming FSG.

Robbo faced an opponent who was excellent on the night get over it. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3622 on: January 26, 2020, 02:58:12 pm »
It's amazing the capacity to find things to bicker about. This is the highest ebb this club has seen in decades. This fella is the best left back that possibly we've ever had.

Traore is Jonah Lomu reincarnated in a Wolves shirt. If you think Robbo's the only one who'll have a tough time against that fella you've another thing coming - he bounced Van Dijk off his shoulder just as easily.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3623 on: January 26, 2020, 03:01:36 pm »
Roy last few games I feel Robbo hasn't been operating anywhere near his best. Considering he practically plays evrey game for us we really could do with a more than capable Left Back in the summer, ideally right now.  Just to give him a bit of a breather evrey now and again.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3624 on: January 26, 2020, 03:26:35 pm »
Roy last few games I feel Robbo hasn't been operating anywhere near his best. Considering he practically plays evrey game for us we really could do with a more than capable Left Back in the summer, ideally right now.  Just to give him a bit of a breather evrey now and again.

He's roughly played the same amount of football as Trent.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3625 on: January 26, 2020, 03:50:06 pm »
My point is if we don't have to play Trent evrey games because we've got more than adequate back up be it Gomez, milner, Williams, Hendo, Fabinho etc.  Our Left Back spot after Robbo is almost nothing bar Milner and he's injured.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3626 on: January 26, 2020, 04:02:06 pm »
It's amazing the capacity to find things to bicker about. This is the highest ebb this club has seen in decades. This fella is the best left back that possibly we've ever had.

Traore is Jonah Lomu reincarnated in a Wolves shirt. If you think Robbo's the only one who'll have a tough time against that fella you've another thing coming - he bounced Van Dijk off his shoulder just as easily.

That's who I was thinking of. "Reincarnation". I still can't believe he's not still around.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3627 on: January 26, 2020, 04:14:25 pm »
My point is if we don't have to play Trent evrey games because we've got more than adequate back up be it Gomez, milner, Williams, Hendo, Fabinho etc.  Our Left Back spot after Robbo is almost nothing bar Milner and he's injured.

Got to sign another left back. Not just about fatigue but injuries as well, we've been lucky he's mostly stayed fit but he's had to play through injury at times this season.

Need to boost that left side as we need more cover for Mane as well (especially with AFCON).

Offline christofu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3628 on: January 29, 2020, 03:27:31 pm »
Nah he did. Pretty much every good chance they had, and the goal, was a ‘what the fuck is he doing there?!’ sort of thing. When Jiminez was one on one with Alisson, albeit a tight angle, Robbo was playing him onside and was a good 3/4 yards behind the defensive line.
agree with the goal, he's either got to be patient or if he goes he has to win the ball or foul him of which he did neither. I didn't like the way they were goal side of our midfield from a situation where we had our shape and plenty of time to organise.

the second one he's closer to 1 yard than 3 from Van Dijk, a situation which comes from the press resistance of Traore, which naturally makes it difficult to continue to hold the line. Great ball from Traore and super run from Jimenez. Robertson's at fault but he's only a split second behind when Van Dijk, Gomez & Alexander Arnold push up (the latter 2 who will push up when Van Dijk goes as they can see across the line) Robertson has to go with Van Dijk's call - did he get one? You would think so, it was Van Dijk.. Was he just slow to react?

I don't disagree that he had a bad game, my point was that Wolves played a large part in some of that and we didn't deal with it in an ideal way tactically. I would think the analysis afterwards will have been on how we can deal with those situations better - it seemed clear particularly in the second half Klopp was tinkering to try to gain some control as we seemed to change shape a number of times

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3629 on: January 29, 2020, 03:53:29 pm »
One player that I'd love to see is Dwight McNeil of Burnley. A left footed forward who does an above average share of defensive work for his position. Also looks easy on the eye on the ball, unlike Sessegnon whom I thought looked a straight lines kind of player.

That's a very good shout. He must be, what, 6 ft 2 as well? Lovely cross on him too. Whenever I see him I think he's got most of the tools to be a left-back at a big club, but not enough to make it for one as a left winger.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3630 on: January 29, 2020, 09:39:40 pm »
Had a good game.  Looks better now.

Offline dstorey

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3631 on: January 30, 2020, 04:51:12 am »
Have we ever won a title without a Scotsman in our first team squad? Have we ever even won many trophies without one? (Istanbul excepted?) Maybe Robbo is our lucky charm, and we have to wrap him in cotton wool. We were the team of Macs after all.

...Grobs pissing on the goal posts didn't harm in lifting the curse either mind.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3632 on: January 30, 2020, 08:05:40 am »
Have we ever won a title without a Scotsman in our first team squad? Have we ever even won many trophies without one? (Istanbul excepted?) Maybe Robbo is our lucky charm, and we have to wrap him in cotton wool. We were the team of Macs after all.

...Grobs pissing on the goal posts didn't harm in lifting the curse either mind.
Ye we just had to hold on to Charlie Adam in the 13/14 season and we would've won it :D

Offline AhmedAlonso14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3633 on: January 30, 2020, 12:28:17 pm »
Had a good game.  Looks better now.

I thought that besides the two times he got in behind their defence, he was terrible. He needs a break desperately!

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #3634 on: January 30, 2020, 01:39:39 pm »
I thought that besides the two times he got in behind their defence, he was terrible. He needs a break desperately!

He was closer to excellent than he was to terrible.  Defensively solid, and made a recovery run to dispossess a West Ham forward that people would have been purring about if it had been Virgil or Gomez.

Nearly got a goal, and delivered some decent passes.  He had a better all round game than Trent.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #3635 on: February 15, 2020, 12:39:31 pm »
What Andy got up to on winter break. If you have time please get on the tube and show this video some love.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8qo1MXDv-s

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #3636 on: February 15, 2020, 01:59:55 pm »
Hopefully the break will have given him chance to recover from his injury that he's been carrying. Not been at his best for a while, but still such an important member of this squad.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #3637 on: February 15, 2020, 03:01:45 pm »
Hopefully the break will have given him chance to recover from his injury that he's been carrying. Not been at his best for a while, but still such an important member of this squad.

I hope he gets a couple assists today to keep that competition going.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3638 on: February 15, 2020, 03:02:05 pm »
What Andy got up to on winter break. If you have time please get on the tube and show this video some love.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8qo1MXDv-s

Best since Hansen? The jocks are boss at golf aren’t they.

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3639 on: February 15, 2020, 03:44:52 pm »
 Anyone see Klopp's press conf yesterday. Said Andy needed the break as he'd been playing with pain in his left foot, which was bad for Andy as it's the only one of any use to him :lmao