Author Topic: The Pyramids  (Read 74216 times)

Offline RedTerry

• Legacy Fan
  • *Y*N*W*A*
Re: The Pyramids
« Reply #40 on: April 3, 2007, 03:53:43 pm »
If you want to look at the pyramids go to "GOOGLE MAP". its quite cool.
"Who's bigger than Liverpool?" Jamie Carragher when asked by Sky Sports if he'd thought of moving to a bigger club.

Offline ratcatcher

• Glass is often half-empty...and it's all Parry's fault
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: April 7, 2007, 12:25:54 pm »
Everyone knows that pyramids were built by aliens. What do you think?

Course they are! Did you never watch Stargate!?
These are my own opinions. They are not meant or intended as a criticism of anyone else's opinion just because they are different but if you can't see past that, then tough shit!

Offline Monkey Red

• Jacques Cousteau
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just add salty water
« Reply #42 on: April 8, 2007, 03:48:39 pm »
I just got back from my 10th holiday in Egypt yesterday. But I´ve never seen the pyramids, only go for the diving.
'It'll whisper to them of Liverpools five glorious European Cup victories"

Offline AdamS

• Hey I'm Not Camp! But I am a tart...
  • Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #43 on: April 8, 2007, 04:28:08 pm »
What are the alternative theories of how they got these constructions to line up with constelations?
If A is a success in life, than A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.

Offline Bullan

• I can't believe I ate the whole thing...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speed of The Sound Of Loneliness
« Reply #44 on: April 8, 2007, 08:53:56 pm »
Erik von sillybollocks had a great theory , well great as in entertaining , that the gods were indeed aliens.
I hate every ape I see.
From chimpan-a to chimpan-z,
No, you'll never make a monkey out of me.
Oh, my God, I was wrong,
It was Earth all along.
You finally made a monkey...

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #45 on: April 8, 2007, 09:13:10 pm »
Erik von sillybollocks had a great theory , well great as in entertaining , that the gods were indeed aliens.

Chariots of the Gods was very believable when I first read it... probably due to the industrial strength hallucinogens I was taking at the time...

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Bullan

• I can't believe I ate the whole thing...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speed of The Sound Of Loneliness
« Reply #46 on: April 8, 2007, 09:15:06 pm »
Chariots of the Gods was very believable when I first read it... probably due to the industrial strength hallucinogens I was taking at the time...

Yeah he does drive you to drugs doesnt he? :)
I hate every ape I see.
From chimpan-a to chimpan-z,
No, you'll never make a monkey out of me.
Oh, my God, I was wrong,
It was Earth all along.
You finally made a monkey...

Offline SpenceUK1968

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2007, 01:08:22 am »
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/12/061209122918.htm

Suddenly the Pyramids seem a much more realistic exercise in building. No need for any alien help, after all, anyone can pour concrete. :-)

Offline A Day 2 Remember

• Legacy Fan
  • At The End Of The Storm - Are we there yet??
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2007, 05:37:19 pm »
Everybody knows it was the Welsh who built the pyramids. Practiced on Stonehenge and then went a henge tour of Europe culminating in a tasty bit of Pyramiding and Spynnxing in N. Africa.
5th times a charm

I want to read about a Welshman reclaiming our Kop and over engineering songs we have nicked. Priorities guys

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2017, 11:30:48 pm »
(This is the only topic I found on it, and yes I'm very well aware it's 10 years old)

Was listening to a podcast today, and they were saying the Pyramids can't have born 1000's of year's ago as they didn't have the technology. They didn't even have cranes to support it.

Plus it would of taken thousands of years to build. Wouldn't the King have lost interest by then?

Really bugging me
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2017, 11:42:06 pm »
(This is the only topic I found on it, and yes I'm very well aware it's 10 years old)

Was listening to a podcast today, and they were saying the Pyramids can't have born 1000's of year's ago as they didn't have the technology. They didn't even have cranes to support it.

Plus it would of taken thousands of years to build. Wouldn't the King have lost interest by then?

Really bugging me

Phhtff, pyramids is modern new stuff compared to Brú na Bóinne, just outside Drogheda in Ireland, lots older than both Stonehenge and the Egyptian stuff http://www.worldheritageireland.ie/bru-na-boinne/. The stone to build it came from the top of the Cooley mountains just outside Dundalk/Newry about 40 miles to the north and it lines up with the winter solstice (nearly, but as it is so old the earth is adjusting its alignment with the sun :)

Also with a quick google its quite easy to explain https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_pyramid_construction_techniques
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:59:19 pm by BobOnATank »

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2017, 11:55:13 pm »

Really bugging me

Their existence and the dating of them to 1000s of years ago would suggest they did have the technology. And most archeologists and engineers seem to reckon it took around 15-20 years to build a pyramid, where are they getting the 1000 year figure from?

It wasn't an Alex Jones podcast, was it?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2017, 12:07:36 am »

Really bugging me

Where did you hear that? The technology is pretty basic and they wouldn't have taken thousands of years to build. You need cranes for tall vertical structures not for pyramids. The mistake is to assume that the ay we do things now is the only way to do things. Ancient and medieval stone masons were incredibly accomplished with skills developed over centuries, sometimes thousands of years.   

Here's an 86 year old man splitting a massive stone with hand chisels and a hammer:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NsirLXUMk?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NsirLXUMk?fs=1</a>

And a short film about ancient Indian stonemasonry:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/K4aZ2P1KQDY?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/K4aZ2P1KQDY?fs=1</a>

Pyramids are incredibly crude structures in terms of engineering. Massively wide at the base with sides that are pretty much at the natural angle of repose. That's why there are pyramids of different types throughout the ancient world - they are the most basic form if you want to build high.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2017, 12:11:43 am »
Cheers for the replies guys. I got the information from a wrestler called Chris Jericho.

He did a podcast dated May 26th on his feed Talk is Jericho.

I guess he was misinformed.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2017, 12:15:37 am »
Building them is thought to have taken somewhere around 15-20 years, done by hand, and as a form of taxation not slavery (have to work for so many weeks/months a year to pay service to the Pharaoh). Cranes were not needed, you just need log rollers, barges, rope, and lots of man power. 
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2017, 12:26:05 am »
BBC- Building the Great Pyramid - 1 of 6

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zwiic6BoleQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zwiic6BoleQ</a>
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2017, 01:54:20 am »
Cheers for the replies guys. I got the information from a wrestler called Chris Jericho.

I'm intrigued. Why would you think a podcast by a wrestler called Chris Jericho would have any opinion of substance on pyramid engineering?

I'm not having a go, I am just fascinated by the ways people seem to get information these days. I feel so old fashioned, because I would have read several books by acknowledged experts in their field, and this approach seems to be viewed as weird these days.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline losCHUNK

• Anny Roader
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2017, 04:13:14 am »
Can't believe we got this far without the Aliens guy turning up.

No idea how a mind can consider aliens due to a lack of an explanation though, it's not really a rational response and isn't supported by anything.  Can say ghosts built it and it holds just as much water.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 04:21:06 am by losCHUNK »

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2017, 04:50:21 am »

No idea how a mind can consider aliens due to a lack of an explanation though, it's not really a rational response and isn't supported by anything.  Can say ghosts built it and it holds just as much water.

Wait!!! Ghosts built them. That makes so much sense, how did I not see this before

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2017, 06:06:28 am »
Amazing structures for their time. Man is quite extraordinary thinking about it. There was a recent report about a week old or so I think about new evidence of them diverting water into channels like canals dropping off all the stone just metres from the base of the base of the pyramids. I love all this stuff. Stonehenge fascinates me too. The pyramids in Mexico are larger I believe? I think it is Mexico, I'm sure that's what I read. All these old structures are truly amazing.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2017, 08:23:10 am »
Wait!!! Ghosts built them. That makes so much sense, how did I not see this before

Because you can’t see ghosts. Obviously.

I do find it bizarre someone can listen to a wrestler talking about anchient construction methods and not think to take it with a pinch of salt and go and do a little more research from people educated in that field.

Seems to be happening more and more, with people just plainly accepting anything they hear as gospel and not questioning it or attempting to fact check in the slightest. Which is strange given fact checking has never been as easy as it is today.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 08:25:03 am by CraigDS »

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2017, 09:04:20 am »

:lmao
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2017, 04:26:27 pm »

No idea how a mind can consider aliens due to a lack of an explanation though, it's not really a rational response and isn't supported by anything. Can say ghosts built it and it holds just as much water.

That settles it then, ghosts built pyramids. A Liverpool footballer is much better authority than a random wrestler. Although, I would have preferred if Salah would have said that, he's being egyptian and all that  ;) 
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2017, 04:40:39 pm »
That settles it then, ghosts built pyramids. A Liverpool footballer is much better authority than a random wrestler. Although, I would have preferred if Salah would have said that, he's being egyptian and all that  ;)

Wait is Loschunk a footballer? Who is he/she?

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2017, 05:45:41 pm »

If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Antoine Lavoisier

• Anny Roader
  • the torchlight red on sweaty faces
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2017, 05:50:21 pm »
I got the information from a wrestler called Chris Jericho.

Fucking hell.
And in short, I was afraid

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2017, 05:57:28 pm »
This is easily the best thread going. Utterly, utterly fantastic.

Fuck the accumulated scientific knowledge gained through decades, arguably hundreds of years even, of archaeological investigation and analysis, Chris Jericho says they didn't have the technology available to build the pyramids and it would have taken thousands of years to do it anyway.

Legendary.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2017, 06:00:21 pm »

RAWK has peaked. Shut it down guys.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2017, 06:03:21 pm »
Amazing structures for their time. Man is quite extraordinary thinking about it. There was a recent report about a week old or so I think about new evidence of them diverting water into channels like canals dropping off all the stone just metres from the base of the base of the pyramids. I love all this stuff. Stonehenge fascinates me too. The pyramids in Mexico are larger I believe? I think it is Mexico, I'm sure that's what I read. All these old structures are truly amazing.

Larger by volume, I think, but the pyramids in Egypt, specifically the Great Pyramid of Giza, are taller. I'm only about 99% sure about this though, so you may be better off asking Chris Jericho.

Also, the biggest pyramids on the world are actually in Bosnia.

Of course, this may just be a hill that looks a tiny bit like a pyramid, but where would be the fun in that? Hopefully John Cena or the Big Show will provide us with more concrete information.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2017, 06:12:39 pm »
I've decided that Chris Jericho quote is worth preserving. :D

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2017, 06:30:14 pm »
I've decided that Chris Jericho quote is worth preserving. :D

Crosby Nick

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2017, 06:37:43 pm »
All this talk of Aliens... 2 minutes earlier in the podcast, fellow wrestler Jeff Hardy said there are some humans among us that are human and alien hybrids.

Apparently 'Projects of the Aliens'.

Make sense about crop circles magically appearing over night. I don't really believe it though, especially when Dean Ambrose said he saw a blue object in the sky. I think a lot of people have seen blue stuff in the sky. Not that he's lying, but can't believe it was an alien type object or the Alien's paraphernalia.

I can understand the pyramids, but don't really believe there are Alien/human hybrids among us. I mean how would you identify one? David Moyes?

Make of that what you will.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 06:47:40 pm by Andy Hunter »

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2017, 06:45:03 pm »
All this talk of Aliens... 2 minutes earlier in the podcast, fellow wrestler Jeff Hardy said there are some humans among us that are human and alien hybrids.

Make sense about crop circles magically appearing over night. I don't really believe it though, especially when Dean Ambrose said he saw a blue object in the sky. Not that he's lying, but can't believe it was an alien type object or the Alien's paraphernalia.

I can understand the pyramids, but don't really believe there are Alien/human hybrids among us. I mean how would you identify one? David Moyes?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rtkMrNrEMLM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rtkMrNrEMLM</a>

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2017, 06:45:18 pm »
The Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla does know stuff.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2017, 06:49:01 pm »

Make sense about crop circles magically appearing over night. I don't really believe it though, especially when Dean Ambrose said he saw a blue object in the sky. Not that he's lying, but can't believe it was an alien type object or the Alien's paraphernalia.

Lots of good points there. Crop circles are definitely not made by piss taking humans, no way, there has to be more to it then that. I sometimes wonder whether all the old myths about elves and fairies have something to do with them, seems likely to me. So not necessarily aliens but mystical beings that exist on earth, or possible in secret palaces underground, and come out at night to make pretty patterns in farmers' fields because it's part of their heathen religion or something. I can think of no other logical explanation.

The idea of alien/human hybrids is also intriguing. It could explain why some of us are normal, rational people while some of us are batshit crazy. Trump might be an example of the latter, maybe Bjork too, and the Joker out of Batman. There could even be a few on RAWK. It is, as you so rightly point out, really hard to tell.

Offline Antoine Lavoisier

• Anny Roader
  • the torchlight red on sweaty faces
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2017, 06:49:14 pm »

Make sense about crop circles magically appearing over night. I don't really believe it though, especially when Dean Ambrose said he saw a blue object in the sky. I think a lot of people have seen blue stuff in the sky. Not that he's lying, but can't believe it was an alien type object or the Alien's paraphernalia.

And in short, I was afraid

Online CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2017, 06:49:45 pm »
Loving the piss-taking!

Jericho is a known conspiracy theorist, you only have to listen to his back catalogue of podcasts (I don't, I skip them unless it's wrestling or a band I give a fuck about) to know he's a crank.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2017, 06:52:14 pm »
Loving the piss-taking!

What piss-taking?

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2017, 07:19:12 pm »

Hmmmmmm that sounds like something an alien would say. Further proof that professional wrestler Chris Jericho is right

Offline losCHUNK

• Anny Roader
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2017, 07:49:21 pm »
Listen, I'm not saying it is but it is.

Ghost aliens...

« Last Edit: October 5, 2017, 11:26:39 am by Titi Camara »