Author Topic: The Pyramids  (Read 74845 times)

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Pyramids
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2017, 07:50:20 pm »
Loving the piss-taking!

Jericho is a known conspiracy theorist, you only have to listen to his back catalogue of podcasts (I don't, I skip them unless it's wrestling or a band I give a fuck about) to know he's a crank.

Surprised no one has used the 'Break the walls down' pun in reverse order
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2017, 07:54:55 pm »
Also isn't there a poster on Rawk called Y2J?

Maybe he/she listened to the podcast and can back me up

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2017, 07:58:09 pm »
Lots of good points there.

Stop! I'm gonna piss myself!

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2017, 12:40:06 pm »
Also isn't there a poster on Rawk called Y2J?

Maybe he/she listened to the podcast and can back me up

Yeah, Y2J from Egypt. I'm sure he'll back up the idea that his country's ancient civilization is either fabricated bullshit or created by aliens.

Are you a parody account that I just don't get?
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2017, 01:40:17 pm »
Yeah, Y2J from Egypt. I'm sure he'll back up the idea that his country's ancient civilization is either fabricated bullshit or created by aliens.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2017, 02:27:02 pm »

Parody of what?

Haha I'm serious, if you go back to Talk is Jericho May 26th episode 'When Ambrose met Hardy' from the 44th minute, all the truths I've mentioned in this thread are said by Jericho and Jeff Hardy about alien/ human hybrids and the Pyramids taking a 1000 years to build.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2017, 02:58:31 pm »
(This is the only topic I found on it, and yes I'm very well aware it's 10 years old)

Was listening to a podcast today, and they were saying the Pyramids can't have born 1000's of year's ago as they didn't have the technology. They didn't even have cranes to support it.

Plus it would of taken thousands of years to build. Wouldn't the King have lost interest by then?

Really bugging me
It took them years to get it right . People know about the pyramids of Giza but what they don't know about is the hundreds of abandoned pyramids in the various deserts in Egypt that were not finished and were considered by archaeologists as experiments or early trials to what we see today in Giza.

If you want to apply conspiracy theories about ancient Egyptians, the pyramids aren't even the place to go. Abu Simbel's temple is what I call a mystery as the sun aligns on the face of the Ramsis II's status just twice a year (originally February 21st and October 22nd) and the statue stays dark all year long afterwards.

Anyway, just because I like Chris Jericho as a wrestler, doesn't mean I listen to his podcast, like his music or agree with his general views. I haven't even watched wrestling closely in about 1.5 years.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Antoine Lavoisier

• Anny Roader
  • the torchlight red on sweaty faces
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2017, 03:03:08 pm »
I've always said that anyone who watches "wrestling" needs their head examining. I see it's as true today as it ever was.
And in short, I was afraid

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2017, 03:24:22 pm »
It took them years to get it right . People know about the pyramids of Giza but what they don't know about is the hundreds of abandoned pyramids in the various deserts in Egypt that were not finished and were considered by archaeologists as experiments or early trials to what we see today in Giza.

If you want to apply conspiracy theories about ancient Egyptians, the pyramids aren't even the place to go. Abu Simbel's temple is what I call a mystery as the sun aligns on the face of the Ramsis II's status just twice a year (originally February 21st and October 22nd) and the statue stays dark all year long afterwards.

Anyway, just because I like Chris Jericho as a wrestler, doesn't mean I listen to his podcast, like his music or agree with his general views. I haven't even watched wrestling closely in about 1.5 years.

Yeah exactly, that's why I said 'maybe'.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2017, 03:37:20 pm »
To be honest it's a fucking mystery isn't it? Everyone I knew quite liked them, yet they stopped making them due to lack of demand.

Yet Fry's turkish delight is still a thing?! Incredible.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #90 on: October 1, 2017, 05:22:42 am »
To be honest it's a fucking mystery isn't it? Everyone I knew quite liked them, yet they stopped making them due to lack of demand.

Yet Fry's turkish delight is still a thing?! Incredible.
Right!

And Black Magic. That's still a thing.

And Black Africans couldn't possibly build something as cool as the pyramids because all they were good for was incipient slavery and conversion to Christianity.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #91 on: October 1, 2017, 07:51:52 am »
Larger by volume, I think, but the pyramids in Egypt, specifically the Great Pyramid of Giza, are taller. I'm only about 99% sure about this though, so you may be better off asking Chris Jericho.

Also, the biggest pyramids on the world are actually in Bosnia.

Of course, this may just be a hill that looks a tiny bit like a pyramid, but where would be the fun in that? Hopefully John Cena or the Big Show will provide us with more concrete information.

The Bosnian 'pyramids' are the brainchild of businessman Semir Osmanagić and the important lesson to take from that is that you don't have to be a wrestler to promote clueless fuckwittery.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 1, 2017, 08:07:43 am »
Was listening to Dara o'Briain the other night. Was talking about the Alien sightings, the bigfoots and the likes and how the footage they were caught on were always poor. Now though technology has leapt forward and everyone has phones with cameras and video on them and most with hd resolution. And now we don't hear about these sightings anymore ;D

Offline The Last Known Survivor

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #93 on: October 1, 2017, 08:48:17 am »
Haha, I was actually just thinking that myself the other day. Maybe they have been monitoring us and knew the game was up for highly advanced civilisations coming here and analy probing rednecks!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: October 1, 2017, 09:11:10 am »

Abu Simbel is not really a mystery. The first question is whether it was actually intended. With no written records it's possible that it's just a coincidence. And the description of the sun hitting his face is a long way from the reality:

The idea that it's Rameses' birthday and date of his coronation is conjecture.

The chamber is at the end of a long east facing sequence of rooms and corridors. If it was intentional then aligning the corridor with the rising sun would be as simple as putting a stick in the ground and using that as the setting out line. The fact that it still happens even though the entire temple complex was moved and rebuilt* shows how imprecise it actually is.

*Abu Simbel was moved because of the Aswan dam project that flooded the valley where it was originally built.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2017, 09:15:41 am by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 1, 2017, 11:21:25 am »
Not to mention the many ancient structures around the world that actually were built with the sun in mind - solstices etc.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #96 on: October 1, 2017, 01:49:22 pm »
Was listening to Dara o'Briain the other night. Was talking about the Alien sightings, the bigfoots and the likes and how the footage they were caught on were always poor. Now though technology has leapt forward and everyone has phones with cameras and video on them and most with hd resolution. And now we don't hear about these sightings anymore ;D

Actually one of funniest things I have ever seen is a show called "Mountain Monsters". It's available on youtube. It involves a bunch of rednecks hunting mythological creatures like Bigfoot, dragons, chupacabra and more. To bad they never manage to capture them in full HD, it always ends up being a poorly shot video from far away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W32lWyN83nk
« Last Edit: October 1, 2017, 01:55:40 pm by Max_powers »

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: October 2, 2017, 07:06:04 am »
 :D coming soon to discovery channel

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: October 2, 2017, 12:07:34 pm »
I got the information from a wrestler called Chris Jericho.

Hahahahahahahaha fucking classic.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #99 on: October 2, 2017, 01:03:25 pm »
I got the information from a wrestler called Chris Jericho.

Hahahahahahahaha fucking classic.

Pardon.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 2, 2017, 01:28:58 pm »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #101 on: October 2, 2017, 01:38:34 pm »
The mystery that I'd like explained is: fuckin' magnets - how do they work?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #102 on: October 2, 2017, 01:50:19 pm »

You shouldn't be fucking magnets! You'll bend your willy!

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #103 on: October 2, 2017, 01:51:17 pm »

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: October 2, 2017, 01:51:26 pm »

Well, when two bits of metal fall in love ...

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 2, 2017, 02:13:15 pm »

Bad luck

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wMFPe-DwULM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wMFPe-DwULM</a>
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 2, 2017, 02:26:00 pm »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #107 on: October 2, 2017, 03:16:47 pm »
You shouldn't be fucking magnets! You'll bend your willy!

But they're so attractive.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #108 on: October 2, 2017, 03:25:00 pm »

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #109 on: October 2, 2017, 03:26:26 pm »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: October 2, 2017, 03:39:41 pm »
Cheers for the replies guys. I got the information from a wrestler called Chris Jericho.

He did a podcast dated May 26th on his feed Talk is Jericho.

I guess he was misinformed.

:lmao

Christ almighty.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: October 2, 2017, 04:03:03 pm »
I very rarely laugh out loud in work when reading RAWK but that Chris Jericho post has got me in stitches.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: October 2, 2017, 04:04:32 pm »
But they're so attractive.

I sometimes find them repellant.

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: October 2, 2017, 04:04:59 pm »
I very rarely laugh out loud in work when reading RAWK but that Chris Jericho post has got me in stitches.

It's a classic.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #114 on: October 2, 2017, 04:05:50 pm »
I sometimes find them repellant.

Then we're clearly poles apart in our thinking.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: October 2, 2017, 04:10:09 pm »
Then we're clearly poles apart in our thinking.

Are you positive?

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #116 on: October 2, 2017, 04:15:39 pm »
Fucking hell, how did i miss this.  Got to be up there amongst the RAWK gold threads.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: October 2, 2017, 04:40:02 pm »
Cheers for the replies guys. I got the information from a wrestler called Chris Jericho.

He did a podcast dated May 26th on his feed Talk is Jericho.

I guess he was misinformed.

Quoting again so he can't delete it ;D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #118 on: October 2, 2017, 04:41:04 pm »
This is obvious anyway. Richard Dawkins made them.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: October 2, 2017, 04:43:26 pm »
Quoting again so he can't delete it ;D

I won't delete it haha, best way to grow is laugh at mistakes like that :)