Author Topic: Liverpool vs Wolves preview - 16:30, Sunday 29 Dec  (Read 24436 times)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Liverpool vs Wolves preview - 16:30, Sunday 29 Dec
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2019, 10:29:33 am »
People are vastly underestimating the effect playing less than 48 hours after your last game can have on your body as well. Our extra day of rest gives us a big advantage today. They'll rotate or be knackered.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2019, 10:30:23 am »
Was there a presser for this?

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: December 29, 2019, 10:36:49 am »
Was there a presser for this?

I think they combined it with the post-match Leicester from what I saw.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline PHIL.

• Anny Roader
  • Unbearable
« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2019, 10:45:34 am »
We should be right up for it in the stands today. Make it horrible for them and sing our lads to another 3 points.

Wolves are likely to rotate here. If not, they'll probably be pretty tired and we'll have a massive edge.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2019, 10:47:22 am »
A certain symmetry to end the decade with Wolves at home. It was around this time in 2010 where the Hodge’s goose was finally cooked. Let’s hope for better tonight!

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2019, 10:47:56 am »
Expect to see 4231 today.

Shaqiri back in, Origi too.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2019, 10:52:30 am »
People are vastly underestimating the effect playing less than 48 hours after your last game can have on your body as well. Our extra day of rest gives us a big advantage today. They'll rotate or be knackered.
Plus we’re just a much better side at Home as well

Offline PHIL.

• Anny Roader
  • Unbearable
« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2019, 10:54:56 am »
Plus we’re just a much better side at Home as well

Yep. I'm also hoping the performance against Leicester was indicative of an improvement in our play for the second half of the season, too.

I mean, imagine how good we'll be when we start playing well most weeks!

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2019, 10:57:32 am »
I don't see them not making any changes for this. They're in a good place in the league and burning out the squad with just 48 hours in between matches could negatively impact their performances in the next few matches after us plus it could lead to injuries which would be even worse. I expect us to make a couple too. As long as we get the three points it doesn't matter.

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2019, 10:59:51 am »
Like the other 37 finals we have this season, this is a must win, treat every game like a final till it’s mathematically done. Think this will go a similar way to the last game of last season, be nice to see Anfield up for it.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2019, 11:17:12 am »

As i said in the other thread, remember when we played City new years eve that time, than played Sunderland away on the 2nd January, less than 48 hours break, we struggled big time at Sunderland after the effort we put in to beat City, & got away point at Sunderland, big squads can cope with short turnarounds, don't think Wolves have a big squad.
#Sausages

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2019, 11:20:55 am »
As i said in the other thread, remember when we played City new years eve that time, than played Sunderland away on the 2nd January, less than 48 hours break, we struggled big time at Sunderland after the effort we put in to beat City, & got away point at Sunderland, big squads can cope with short turnarounds, don't think Wolves have a big squad.

I remember we only made 1 change to the side that beat City only 48 hours before that. We may have made more but not sure how many options we had.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2019, 11:36:15 am »
Today we welcome the World Champions home
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2019, 11:45:45 am »
Today we welcome the World Champions home

Oh that's right, we do! Seems the "only focus on the next game" mentality has taken over me too. Doha feels like months ago...
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2019, 11:52:38 am »
If Wolves don't rotate they'll be knackered.

If they do rotate then they better hope the players they're bringing in are at least as good as the ones they're resting.

Not taking anything for granted, but if we show half as much energy as we did against Leicester we should be fine.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: December 29, 2019, 12:00:09 pm »
I read that Wolves actually get a 46 hour break between these game, that's not right is it? I thought we looked far sharper than Leicester, they looked a bit tired, perhaps they put a lot into the fixture at City. We looked the same after a really intense game away at Salzburg. Although Wolves played against 10 men for most of the game, City still made them work for the result and we could see some tiredness with them. Its funny but with this Liverpool team our worst performances have come after we've had an extended break, it seems to break our rythm so its a difficult balance to get right. I'm expecting rotation, Klopp himself said the other day that its something he has had to learn to get right, the most spectactular was against Everton where he made wholesale changes yet the team still produced and excellent performance. I've no idea what team he'll pick today but I've learnt to trust his judgement. 
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline GeorgiaRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #136 on: December 29, 2019, 12:00:41 pm »
"Phillips will come back to Merseyside at the beginning of next month and be eligible for Reds matches, starting with the FA Cup tie against Everton on January 5."

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/380083-nat-phillips-returns-from-stuttgart-loan

I wonder if Nat had been here for the Cup game against Villa would the score and match have been a bit different?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: December 29, 2019, 12:02:16 pm »
The Wolves fans on twitter are getting really giddy at the prospect of beating us.  For some reason I feel they think there's a rivalry between the two clubs seeing some of the comments.:D

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #138 on: December 29, 2019, 12:04:57 pm »
Can see us rotating a few in this one after having played so recently and then playing Sheffield United on Thursday. It's a good thing we've got such strong strength in depth that we can rotate and still play at a very high level.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline PHIL.

• Anny Roader
  • Unbearable
« Reply #139 on: December 29, 2019, 12:06:35 pm »
Can see us rotating a few in this one after having played so recently and then playing Sheffield United on Thursday. It's a good thing we've got such strong strength in depth that we can rotate and still play at a very high level.

Shaqiri and Origi?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: December 29, 2019, 12:09:06 pm »
Honestly how have we managed to get a Thursday - Sunday - Thursday schedule for this year?

Thanks PL.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: December 29, 2019, 12:09:41 pm »
The Wolves fans on twitter are getting really giddy at the prospect of beating us.  For some reason I feel they think there's a rivalry between the two clubs seeing some of the comments.:D

They're not the only small club in the top six who have got this crazy notion in their heads that we are somehow rivals. ;)

Popcorn's Art

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #142 on: December 29, 2019, 12:13:49 pm »
Shaqiri and Origi?
Possibly or maybe just one or the other. It's actually pretty lucky that we've got a bit more rest as opposed to city and Wolves having played on Friday and now playing today but the players will still need some rest. Wolves are a very tough opponent so it cold be we see the likes of Mane or Salah coming off the bench if needed.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: December 29, 2019, 12:56:32 pm »
Honestly how have we managed to get a Thursday - Sunday - Thursday schedule for this year?

Thanks PL.

Maybe they think we are playing in the Europa League this season.

I think for once its us who have given the PL a problem scheduling our fixtures due us going away to win the World Cup.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #144 on: December 29, 2019, 01:06:00 pm »
They're not the only small club in the top six who have got this crazy notion in their heads that we are somehow rivals. ;)

There is really nothing wrong with having ambition!

If anything, I rather respect them for going toe to toe with the big guys. They are winning fans for sure and I am one of those.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #145 on: December 29, 2019, 01:07:52 pm »
Expect to see 4231 today.

Shaqiri back in, Origi too.

You forgot the hyphen
423-1
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 01:09:57 pm by Bobinhood »
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #146 on: December 29, 2019, 01:27:09 pm »
We might need to hang in this game fir the first 60 or so.

They will inevitably tire more than us after that and we then capitalize
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2019, 01:38:35 pm »

Nah

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: December 29, 2019, 01:38:43 pm »

If anything, I rather respect them for going toe to toe with the big guys. They are winning fans for sure and I am one of those.

Of course.  But ambition is one thing, rivalry is quite another.

Popcorn's Art

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #149 on: December 29, 2019, 01:39:31 pm »

they just beaten abu dhabi FC. of course their fans will be on a high.

but unfortunately for them, our team is a completely different animal.  Recall back to the Leicester game, 3-0 up and just look at the effort Trent put in for the 4th.

It wont be easy, but I do think we just have a bit of quality to pull through and grind out the 3 points.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: December 29, 2019, 01:39:45 pm »

They will inevitably tire more than us after that and we then capitalize

Yeah.  They're really up for this.  I'm actually starting to think they'll be so pumped up on adrenaline that they may well be too much for us. :(

Popcorn's Art

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #151 on: December 29, 2019, 01:47:58 pm »
Yeah.  They're really up for this.  I'm actually starting to think they'll be so pumped up on adrenaline that they may well be too much for us. :(

Can we surrender and take a draw from now?
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline acks

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #152 on: December 29, 2019, 01:48:01 pm »

I respect them also and they seem to model themselves after us in a few small ways. They've adapted the Firmino song for Jiminez, sing the allez allez allez song for Conor Coady and their manager celebrates like Klopp by fist pumping towards the crowd, which he did after they beat city the other night. If you're gonna emulate someone, it might as well be the best.   ;)

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #153 on: December 29, 2019, 02:05:56 pm »
With all due respect to Wolves and their fans, just because they beat a 10-man City side with a last minute goal doesn't mean they'll come to Anfield and beat us. The giddiness of their fans will quickly wear off. Which they're about to find out. If both sides make changes, we'll beat them. If we play a full strength team, we'll smash them. Even if we make a few changes and they don't, we'll still win. I'm not being arrogant here, we're just that good as we've proven over this last calendar year. Let's end a great 2019 with another 3 points at Anfield.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: December 29, 2019, 02:16:24 pm »

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #155 on: December 29, 2019, 02:26:35 pm »
Of course.  But ambition is one thing, rivalry is quite another.

Wolves fan are a long way from being deluded fans. If I were them I would be rather proud of what my team has achieved for the past 2 seasons. Likewise if I were Leicester.

As far as I know, only City fans are self entitled. I never thought this day would come but their fans have taken over Utd fans as self-entitled by million miles.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: December 29, 2019, 03:15:54 pm »
Just win please.. 3 points is all that matters..

I'm much more confident with Klopp rotating after the derby..

Whoever they put out is academic as long as we are on it.. and so far this season we have been on it..

3-1 to go 17 clear of shitty for a bit..

Love today's jersey.. is it available on order??
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Longwood NY

• Main Stander
  • Innit
« Reply #158 on: December 29, 2019, 03:16:08 pm »
Looks perfect
Disagree, looks haphazard. Replace the new balance logo with CWC emblem and you've got something

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #159 on: December 29, 2019, 03:19:10 pm »
Ahead of the team news there’s been a positive development for those watching on Sky.

Tyler and Neville are doing the Arsenal game, so won’t be doing ours. A good way to start the build up
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp