Author Topic: Samsung Galaxy Phones...  (Read 11449 times)

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
Samsung Galaxy Phones...
« on: August 23, 2015, 10:37:07 pm »
...are fucking terrible. Please don't make the same mistake I did and purchase one of these monstrosities.

My one is deleting all my stuff for no reason. Fuck off Samsung. Fuck off Galaxy. Fuck off S3. Fuck off Durlmints' data.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline gary75

• Despite all his care, he suffers from a sticky ring.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Re: Samsung Galaxy Phones...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 01:14:57 pm »
Got one as works phone, on charge all day in van.
Take it home and at 4 in the morning it wakes me up with a bleeping sound because the battery is nearly fully discharged.
That's after closing all the running applications, I'm just glad I didn't pay for the phone.

Offline Sh0rty

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 01:36:22 pm »
had a galaxy s2, s3, s4 and now a s6 edge never had an issue

only thing i could complain about is the build quality but the newer ones are much better

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 12:22:44 am »
Just changed from an iPhone to a Samsung S5 and I couldn't be happier.

Quality phone. Never an issue. Space for an SD card. Quality battery. Great display. You have so much more control with android.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 05:06:44 am »
Just changed from an iPhone to a Samsung S5 and I couldn't be happier.

Quality phone. Never an issue. Space for an SD card. Quality battery. Great display. You have so much more control with android.

You only realize it after you start using android.  You can do so many things on android that you cannot on ios or windows phone for that matter.

Phuk yoo

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 12:48:21 pm »
My Samsung phone is great, never had a problem with it. My missus has got one too - she loves it.

I've got the Note 3 with a bigger battery - lasts a few days and it's ace.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline BOC14

• Main Stander
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 01:09:15 pm »
Have to agree with most - whilst I don't actually have one currently I've had several Samsung's in the past - never an issue

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 07:46:45 pm »
Happy with mine

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 12:50:29 am »
The fact you can just plug it in to ANY computer and just drag and drop and not have to worry about formats or importing to iTunes etc just makes it for me. 

The 'My Files' feature is just excellent. Also, downloading music straight to the phone for free couldn't be easier.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2015, 08:45:26 am »
The fact you can just plug it in to ANY computer and just drag and drop and not have to worry about formats or importing to iTunes etc just makes it for me. 

The 'My Files' feature is just excellent. Also, downloading music straight to the phone for free couldn't be easier.

;D

And we have a convert  ;D
Phuk yoo

Offline Henderson14

• Main Stander
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2015, 09:53:07 am »
Have had the S2 and S5, great phones, no complaints.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #11 on: September 7, 2015, 05:30:53 am »
Had the S2, S3, S4, S5, and now S6. Never had issues. Other than the S4 which I had to get fixed... but that was my fault, dropped it a few times so the mic got dislodged. Can't really blame Samsung for it. Keep selling the previous version each year and buy the next one so I end paying less than half of the asking price out of pocket :P
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #12 on: September 7, 2015, 06:14:15 am »
Had the S3, which was replaced due to water damage - screen washout, unstable USB port etc.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 7, 2015, 07:17:16 am »
Had the s3 which started lagging a lot (think it was after an Android update) and even though it was half way through my contract, I just went and bought an iPhone 5s. A year and a half on, it's working as smoothly as it did when I bought it. No android lag. Doubt I go back to android any time soon. In fact I wish I could just have a newer version of a 5s as opposed to the larger 6! I have a 6+ for work but that's not with me at all times like my personal one.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #14 on: September 7, 2015, 08:26:34 am »
Had the s3 which started lagging a lot (think it was after an Android update) and even though it was half way through my contract, I just went and bought an iPhone 5s. A year and a half on, it's working as smoothly as it did when I bought it. No android lag. Doubt I go back to android any time soon. In fact I wish I could just have a newer version of a 5s as opposed to the larger 6! I have a 6+ for work but that's not with me at all times like my personal one.

Phones from 2013 and beyond do not lag in general use at all.  Of course if you install hundreds of memory hogging apps and widgets, of course lag will be felt. Hell, even my 8 GB Ram, Core i7 laptop gets bogged down time to time!

Of course the Iphone will not lag. It is a severely limited OS that APple wants you to use in a certain way. You cannot install apps outside of the store, you cannot copy media files directly into it,  you cannot have multiple apps RUNNING (and not suspended) in the backgrond, you cannot use apps like MU Torrent as background downloading is not permitted.... plus a shit load of other stuff you cannot do..

On the other hand, a good android phone is effectively a mini computer. You can do 95% of the things you can do on a PC!

The iphone 'just works' fine and provides a simple and trouble free experience to users. It does the 'thinking' for the user so its very popular with older people as well.  The 'walled garden' approach works great for users who do not use their phones for more than browsing and casual games.

Try doing some serious photo/video editing on an iphone and see how you fare  :)

I am not even mentioning stuff like inability to have more than 3-4 tabs open AND loaded in Safari. The older tabs keep reloading again and again as you have just 1 GB of RAM. And forget about loading tabs in the background. You have to WAIT for the tab to load completely instead of just switching to another and let it load in the background.

Do not want to start the ios vs Android nonsense again so cutting it short here. Both the OS's have their own market segments with some overlap.  Brand equity and loyalty combined with  the 'coolness' of owning an Iphone have made Apple pretty much invincible in the market. Doesnt mean they have the best OS or hardware.   :)

Phuk yoo

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 7, 2015, 09:03:38 am »
Just wait for the next iOS update. ;)
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #16 on: September 7, 2015, 09:46:07 am »
Just wait for the next iOS update. ;)

I have been waiting for file system access since IOS 6! Hasnt happened so far.  ;)
Phuk yoo

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 7, 2015, 10:27:12 am »
I have no cares to load my phone up with loads of apps let alone any video editing. I mean even people who want to do that, not sure why they wouldn't do it on their PCs. But whatever. Every now and then I may use some memory intensive apps related to my work. It works perfectly on the iPhone. With android I gave up trying to use it. My android was not full of apps. In fact to try and get it running smoothly again I uninstalled the apps and widgets I didn't use and reinstalled the android OS. Still lagged. It was mainly when scrolling through the screens (which I also reduced down) and typing. Forget about trying to access the browser, messages or contact list whilst on a phone call. Day to day the iPhone is on another level. I have a lot of tabs open in safari and it's never felt like its lagged. I think I could keep this phone for another year before it also starts lagging (iOS upgrades after a certain point seem to do that to these phones, although the last couple of big ones have been absolutely fine). With android it was a nightmare.

The hardware may not have the standout numbers of the octacore (or whatever they're putting into them now) android phones but together with the software it works perfectly for a few years. Can't say that about any android phone I've had.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 8, 2015, 07:47:22 pm »
I had an s3 and although loved it initially began to lag so much. I didn't fill it with shit load of apps it just aged badly. I think one of the vodafone updates fucked it.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 9, 2015, 01:51:11 pm »
Had the S2, S3, S4, S5, and now S6. Never had issues.

How do you find the battery life on the S6?? Considering getting the S6 Edge...

Thanks

Offline Wallingtonian

• "Always been a blues fan..." <--- outed! Bless :) Waspish.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 1, 2015, 06:28:13 am »
How do you find the battery life on the S6?? Considering getting the S6 Edge...

Thanks
I got the S6 when it came out earlier this year. Of course battery life depends on usage but I don't have to charge it every day like I did at the latter stages with my 3-year old S3. The S3 was a very good phone but the battery wasn't up to much. i bought a spare battery but to be honest it wasn't much better than the original old one. I had to keep the spare one fully charged because the other one would be flat in about half a day of normal usage.

Battery charging is amazing with the S6. It's extremely quick, far quicker to charge than any other phone I've had. I haven't actually timed it but it seems to charge from zero to 100% in a very short time

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 2, 2015, 09:54:38 am »
I'm also considering converting to an S6 Edge since Apple really aren't coming out with anything new. Got to admit, the drag and drop is seriously tempting me. Does it work on photos and videos or just audio?

Offline ThisIsMickey

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #22 on: October 2, 2015, 11:47:49 am »
I'm also considering converting to an S6 Edge since Apple really aren't coming out with anything new. Got to admit, the drag and drop is seriously tempting me. Does it work on photos and videos or just audio?

It works with everything, including documents (pdf, ai, .doc etc)
I switched to Android few years ago and never looked back. Galaxy S3 is a relatively old phone with an outdated OS version plus Samsung added apps. If you're up for a bit of tinkering, root it and install a newer AOSP based rom on it and it will fly again like a new phone.
"100% of the shots you don't take don't go in"

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 3, 2015, 01:44:55 pm »
Samsung Galaxy phones have exceptional hardware and software features totally ruined by the awful TouchWiz (although it appears to be better on the S6).  I have the Note 4 but only because it's a work phone and the choice was either that or an iPhone 6 :puke2
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: December 8, 2015, 11:31:37 pm »
Maybe you should buying a better model of the galaxy Durlmints you Stingy git.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2015, 07:06:48 pm »
Only got an S6 yesterday, so still learning. When I try to watch any BBC videos, it says I need to install flash, which I can't do. Any solutions?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2015, 02:55:50 pm »
Dropped mine down the bog at my Xmas do when I was arseholed.

Didn't get it in the rice until 4 or 5 hours later.

Left it in for 2 days.

Works like new, galaxy magic.
A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2015, 03:09:24 pm »
Only got an S6 yesterday, so still learning. When I try to watch any BBC videos, it says I need to install flash, which I can't do. Any solutions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_md3foVM58
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2015, 04:37:00 pm »

Which browser are you using?

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2015, 08:40:38 pm »
My S6 Edge is terrible for bluetooth connection to soundbars etc, sound goes off/speeds up etc, tried wifes S6 Edge and its the same problem. Anyone happy with their S6 music while listening to speakers via bluetooth?
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline Jinxsy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Ich bin ein Berliever
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2015, 11:42:29 pm »
Yep. Have an S6 edge+ that links up to my bluetooth headphones everytime without any issues to be honest.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2015, 04:15:09 pm »
Which browser are you using?

Just internet browser. Think it's sorted though.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2015, 04:20:17 pm »
My S6 Edge Wi-Fi is awful - randomly disconnects and only reconnects when I go in to find local wireless networks.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2015, 04:39:21 pm »
Yep. Have an S6 edge+ that links up to my bluetooth headphones everytime without any issues to be honest.
Ok sound. Might be the soundbar👍
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2015, 09:24:11 pm »
Just internet browser. Think it's sorted though.

Chrome is the default internet browser for Android, but Samsung has its own default browser which is shit. It should work fine if you install  Chrome.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2015, 07:14:30 pm »
Just picked up an S6 Edge today and wonder why I even had a iPhone 6 all this time. Doubt I'll be going back to Apple anytime soon.

Offline Jinxsy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Ich bin ein Berliever
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2015, 06:12:09 am »
I miss the SD card from the S5 a bit, but actually nowhere close to as much as I thought I would.
The fast recharge is incredible, so gets rid of the worry I had about the lack of a removable / switchable battery.
As long as it keeps performing the way it has so far I'd say the edge has been pretty poorly received; it's a quality piece of kit.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2015, 06:15:28 am »
Has Apple 'introduced' the 'revolutionary' quick charge ability of their new phones that will change the landscape of handhelds forever?

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2015, 06:25:45 am »
Note 4 user here and despite some minor quibbles, I'm very happy in the main.

Hot-swappable SD cards
Fast charging
Insane camera
3rd party apps
Home screen customisation

Touch Wiz is a poor UX but have since swapped that out for Nova Launcher Pro and the difference is night and day. Clean, simple, stable interface.

What is absolutely unforgivable though is the hardware not routing all sounds through the headphones when they are plugged in.

Would urge everyone to update their browser to 'Chrome Dev' - feels like a far better and functional browser than basic 'Chrome'.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2015, 06:51:43 am »
It's not that Samsungs are terrible. All phones for some reason have varying degrees of quality. Had 2 iphones. One had great battery life while another was a bag of shite. Same situation with two s3's.

I currently have two s6's (one for work and one for personal use) and work phone doesn't tend to last as long as my personal one (although it still has okay battery life.)