Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4147735 times)

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #65520 on: January 25, 2021, 01:35:03 pm »
We'll see but MAB was clearly on the slide. Not 100% sure on Pacman given he beat a 29-0 star fighter last time out. No telling whether he has fallen off the cliff in the more than 18 months since though.
Well I haven't been impressed with what I've seen of Garcia so far, but it is fair to say he's been very carefully managed and for this fight to be happening, someone must think that Manny is finished.

A lot might depend on the weight I suppose.  If Pacquaio has to cut down then I don't give him a chance.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65521 on: January 25, 2021, 04:17:00 pm »
Just reading up on it but talks have only just begun. A bit way off from this being confirmed.  Also Pacman has to decapitate that Irish UFC fool.  :D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65522 on: January 25, 2021, 04:58:00 pm »
Just reading up on it but talks have only just begun. A bit way off from this being confirmed.  Also Pacman has to decapitate that Irish UFC fool.  :D
Think that might be off now after the weekend.  If McGregor boxes again it will be against a YouTuber in an even bigger circus probably.

Shame, because I would have actually enjoyed watching Pacquaio take him to bits.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65523 on: January 25, 2021, 07:47:45 pm »
Michael Benson
@MichaelBensonn
29m
If Manny Pacquiao vs Ryan Garcia does get finalised, the plan is reportedly for it to be an exhibition bout. [According to @SteveKim323]

:butt

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #65524 on: January 26, 2021, 09:13:08 am »
Michael Benson
@MichaelBensonn
29m
If Manny Pacquiao vs Ryan Garcia does get finalised, the plan is reportedly for it to be an exhibition bout. [According to @SteveKim323]

WTF is an exhibition bout between two pro's? You either box or you don't? Steven Ward against Thor was an 'exhibition'. The YouTube kids are exhibition fights.

Manny against Garcia is a legit fight. At worst, a catchweight.

Does anyone promoting boxing these days understand what 'read the room' means?

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65525 on: January 26, 2021, 11:02:34 am »
WTF is an exhibition bout between two pro's? You either box or you don't? Steven Ward against Thor was an 'exhibition'. The YouTube kids are exhibition fights.

Manny against Garcia is a legit fight. At worst, a catchweight.

Does anyone promoting boxing these days understand what 'read the room' means?
Genuinely the shittest thing I've ever heard in a sport that regularly produces shit things.

All so Garcia can protect his zero. He really is the Instagram champion.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #65526 on: January 26, 2021, 05:45:15 pm »
Michael Benson
@MichaelBensonn
29m

Upon further reflection, Garcia's team realizes there's a chance that Pacman isn't shot, so they don't want wee Ryan to get flattened.

In other news, Garcia has also challenged Floyd Mayweather... to a game of checkers.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65527 on: January 26, 2021, 05:55:46 pm »
An "exhibition" bout between a current active top class boxer and a fighter who fought just over 18 months ago. Fuck Me! This is a new low for boxing.  :butt

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65528 on: January 26, 2021, 06:40:39 pm »
So the latest shit we have to contend with is the YouTube kid is now facing Ben Askren, ex wrestler / MMA fighter in an 8 round boxing exhibition match

Yep...

FML

Online leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #65529 on: January 26, 2021, 08:00:51 pm »
So the latest shit we have to contend with is the YouTube kid is now facing Ben Askren, ex wrestler / MMA fighter in an 8 round boxing exhibition match

Yep...

FML

Couldn't of asked for a worse representative for MMA.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65530 on: January 26, 2021, 10:04:57 pm »
Boxing is becoming a joke. For those who have watched Ben Askren, he has the boxing skills of an elephant. Fuck Eddie Hearn and fuck Mayweather for giving these Youtube idiots a platform.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65531 on: January 26, 2021, 10:07:08 pm »
I'm trying to get Fordy to fight a youtube knobhead on the undercard, stay tuned.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #65532 on: January 26, 2021, 10:18:54 pm »
I'm trying to get Fordy to fight a youtube knobhead on the undercard, stay tuned.

ha ha Count me in..Amir..Where you at?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 10:20:42 pm by Fordy »

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65533 on: January 26, 2021, 10:27:28 pm »
ha ha Count me in..Amir..Where you at?

You better be talking about the other one because I'd whoop you senseless.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65534 on: January 26, 2021, 10:44:49 pm »
 ;D

But you are a youtube knobhead as well right?

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65535 on: January 27, 2021, 01:10:22 pm »
;D

But you are a youtube knobhead as well right?

Who do you think was the genius behind Baby Shark?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65536 on: January 27, 2021, 08:31:32 pm »
 :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65537 on: January 27, 2021, 08:32:32 pm »
In other news, talks beginning again to reschedule this fight.

Joseph Parker, Derek Chisora Renew Interest in Facing Each Other http://dlvr.it/RrT8Zs

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65538 on: January 27, 2021, 10:30:12 pm »
In other news, talks beginning again to reschedule this fight.

Joseph Parker, Derek Chisora Renew Interest in Facing Each Other http://dlvr.it/RrT8Zs
That's a good solid heavyweight bout and I hope it gets made. Parker should win but Bell boy probably won't make it easy

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65539 on: January 27, 2021, 10:38:35 pm »
Just reliving the golden age of middleweights. Never watch boxing these days and this is why. For those who’ve never seen them, check out Marvin Hagler, Sugar Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran and Tommy Hearns. Versus each other in any order. If you like knockouts, Duran ( Hands of stone) v Hearns ( The motor city hit man) takes some beating.

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65540 on: January 27, 2021, 10:44:12 pm »
Just reliving the golden age of middleweights. Never watch boxing these days and this is why. For those who’ve never seen them, check out Marvin Hagler, Sugar Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran and Tommy Hearns. Versus each other in any order. If you like knockouts, Duran ( Hands of stone) v Hearns ( The motor city hit man) takes some beating.
One of my favourite KOs but wtf was Duran doing trying to go macho with Hearns 😳

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65541 on: January 27, 2021, 10:45:31 pm »

Join us here more often mate.  Most of the time we're talking about the old days and  legends anyway until fight week.  :)

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65542 on: January 28, 2021, 03:41:26 pm »
If we are talking classics Diego Corrales vs Jose Louis Castillo is up there for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkvzLrU5Zu4

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65543 on: January 29, 2021, 11:50:14 am »
Bob Arum is blaming Errol Spence for the fact that a fight with Terence Crawford is not happening. Saying he's wanting too much money.  ;D Spence wins that fight IMO as he's just bigger and more natural Welterweight.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #65544 on: January 29, 2021, 08:11:39 pm »
Bob Arum is blaming Errol Spence for the fact that a fight with Terence Crawford is not happening. Saying he's wanting too much money.  ;D Spence wins that fight IMO as he's just bigger and more natural Welterweight.

I disagree but it's a fight that should happen. Would have in the good old days 😁

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #65545 on: January 29, 2021, 08:47:33 pm »
One of my favourite KOs but wtf was Duran doing trying to go macho with Hearns 😳

If your Dad is Panamanian and your Mum is Mexican is there an alternative to going Macho.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #65546 on: January 30, 2021, 06:21:31 pm »

Does Crawford's contract with Top Rank not end in October, the fight will be easier to make if he's a free agent or signs with PBC. Probably makes more money with a crowd as well.

Spence likely to fight Yordenis Ugas next who's been elevated to WBA Super Champion in place of Manny Pacquiao. So I do expect Crawford & Spence for all the marbles at some stage in the next year.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65547 on: January 30, 2021, 11:29:45 pm »
Aye mate. In other news...

Logan Paul vs Floyd Mayweather is officially postponed.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65548 on: January 30, 2021, 11:39:47 pm »

Why??

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65549 on: January 30, 2021, 11:41:10 pm »
No reason given mate other than they will reschedule at a later date.  :D

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65550 on: January 30, 2021, 11:44:29 pm »
No reason given mate other than they will reschedule at a later date.  :D

Covid then and no crowd. That will be the reason.

Want to cash in on the fight.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #65551 on: January 30, 2021, 11:52:02 pm »

I would love it if the wanky hook jawed prick knocked Mayweather out.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #65552 on: January 31, 2021, 04:11:09 pm »

Sometime never, hopefully.

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65553 on: February 1, 2021, 03:00:20 pm »
If your Dad is Panamanian and your Mum is Mexican is there an alternative to going Macho.
Waiting a few rounds before the Kamikaze tactics  ;D That was Duran though; he probably had visions of getting inside and bullying Hearns but reality hit damn hard that night!

Oh dear, how awful. Would be a shame if that fight NEVER EVER HAPPENED.

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65554 on: February 1, 2021, 03:01:19 pm »
Bud outboxes Spence comprehensively IMO. But I guess we'll not get to find out which is a pity.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65555 on: February 2, 2021, 08:47:37 am »
Bud outboxes Spence comprehensively IMO. But I guess we'll not get to find out which is a pity.

I'd say the oppposite! I think that's what makes it the most interesting fight outside of the Lightweight quad options between Tank, Lopez, Haney and Garcia

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65556 on: February 2, 2021, 10:19:36 am »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #65557 on: February 2, 2021, 11:47:45 am »
The Panorama investigation was excellent..left you in no doubt about the power MTK has in the sport and how that power has been achieved...Kinahan's day of reckoning is long overdue...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65558 on: February 2, 2021, 12:01:18 pm »
He should've been fucked a long time ago, hopefully he is now.  But boxing always had shady characters anyway.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2021, 12:05:06 pm by Samie »

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65559 on: February 2, 2021, 01:50:35 pm »

I think Crawford batters him. Spence is very good but don't believe him to be elite.