Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4130038 times)

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #58960 on: December 2, 2018, 06:09:39 am »
I do think knockdowns are more decisive than an overall performance, on that basis Wilder compensated the fight with Fury beeing about 8:4 winner on my card.

Definitely not so scandalous result as the Lewis vs Holyfield draw in their first fight where Lennox was superb.
that's not how boxing scoring works. You score each round. You name 3 or 4 other rounds that Wilder won

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58961 on: December 2, 2018, 06:10:51 am »
There was only one winner of that fight.

You are right, but when the dust settles and look at it from a distance I can just about live with a draw.

Wilder did get 2 knockdowns and Fury was lucky the ref did a good job in the 12th. For those reasons, I can just about tolerate this decision. I have seen much worse.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58962 on: December 2, 2018, 06:11:50 am »
What a legend Fury is in the ring, what a story, robbed like usual in boxing.  joke of a sport.
choose Life.

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #58963 on: December 2, 2018, 06:12:44 am »
that's not how boxing scoring works. You score each round. You name 3 or 4 other rounds that Wilder won

You need to find another 5 rounds that Wilder won for the Mexican's scorecard.  :o

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58964 on: December 2, 2018, 06:14:13 am »
Calm down ladies the punching stats are pretty close and one fighter got two knock downs, one very brutal one. Draw about right, you also forget that the challenger should be doing a lot more than Fury did in first place. 

No, no, no and no.  You don't get a head start because you're the champion, despite all the clichés.

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #58965 on: December 2, 2018, 06:15:35 am »

Offline Vlads

• Anny Roader
  • We've only won it six times..
« Reply #58966 on: December 2, 2018, 06:18:44 am »
wow how did that Mexicano Judge give Wilder the first four rounds?

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #58967 on: December 2, 2018, 06:21:13 am »
It’s either 3 neutrals, not always easy for sanctioned title fights or one from each fighters country and one neutral

Ahh I see. Didn't see an American judge so just wondered, thought Rochin was Mexican and Tapper was Canadian

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58968 on: December 2, 2018, 06:35:32 am »
I do think knockdowns are more decisive than an overall performance, on that basis Wilder compensated the fight with Fury beeing about 8:4 winner on my card.

Definitely not so scandalous result as the Lewis vs Holyfield draw in their first fight where Lennox was superb.

The knockdowns still only count in the round that they happen in though. Wilder didn't win enough of the other rounds, Fury should've still got the win by a couple of rounds at least.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2018, 06:43:16 am by momo22 »
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58969 on: December 2, 2018, 06:45:30 am »
wow how did that Mexicano Judge give Wilder the first four rounds?
And yet he favored Fury in the 7th, while the other two gave it to Wilder!

Then in the 8th, the pattern was reversed -- he gave it to Wilder and the others gave it to Fury! Madness. :D
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58970 on: December 2, 2018, 06:46:03 am »
Fury won but I'm ok with the draw. Should thank his lucky stars it wasn't IJL as the ref but I did think that count was a bit long

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58971 on: December 2, 2018, 07:07:53 am »
I think Fury won it but a draw is not a terrible decision.  I think the first few rounds were close and can see why Wilder May have been given them, then obviously the knock down’s were big.

Agree with some of the comments on the ref, when you think back to the Groves/Froch stoppage vast majority of British ref’s would have called it the second he hit the ground.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #58972 on: December 2, 2018, 07:18:05 am »
Any ace stream links to watch this later today?

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58973 on: December 2, 2018, 07:55:39 am »
Sounds like Stevenson is in a bad way in hospital.

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #58974 on: December 2, 2018, 07:55:40 am »
Wow that Mexicans scorecard was not just a bit off, it was like he was watching it in mirror image or something.  Maybe he didn't know who was who! Completely at odds with the fight and the other judges scores except for the knockdown rounds.  Madness indeed.  Robbed.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58975 on: December 2, 2018, 08:05:46 am »
One thing is for sure billy Joe Saunders is pisssseeeddd with that decision!!!!

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58976 on: December 2, 2018, 08:38:47 am »
Wow, that was some fight. Much better than expected.

FWIW I gave Wilder 4 rounds, 2 with KDs. One even, the rest to Fury, so that's Fury by a point. I can't really argue with a draw, but a bit like Smith v Abraham it's not the result, it's that crazy Mexican scorecard.

Fury is a bit fortunate though at the same time, the referee gave him a 15 count, and like Paulie said on comms most referees would not have started the count at all. Brilliant from Fury getting up from the dead though, Wilder looked like he'd seen a ghost!

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58977 on: December 2, 2018, 08:50:31 am »
A couple of 10-8 rounds and I had Wilder edging the opening 2/3 so I don’t think the draw is the scandalous result people are making it out to be. The only scandal is that 115-111 scorecard. No chance Wilder had it so wise.

Thought Fury boxed brilliantly. Got to give him major credit for getting up from that last round knockdown. To survive such a heavy knockdown in the 12th after a slog of a 12 months for him is unbelievable. Credit to the ref as well for giving him the count, how many would have taken one look into his eyes and waved the fight off instantly?

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #58978 on: December 2, 2018, 09:05:59 am »
Any recorded  replay links to the fight please lads?
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58979 on: December 2, 2018, 09:17:29 am »
Any recorded  replay links to the fight please lads?

Same here

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58980 on: December 2, 2018, 09:26:15 am »
Wilder won the fight. Fury got absolutely robbed of the sporting contest. Boxing is rigged. That's the only explanation.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2018, 09:27:46 am by LFC when it suits »

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #58981 on: December 2, 2018, 09:28:57 am »
One thing is for sure billy Joe Saunders is pisssseeeddd with that decision!!!!

Every cloud!

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58982 on: December 2, 2018, 09:31:57 am »
Sounds like it was a good fight.  Thought it would be.

Fury is one tough fighter, getting up from the deck in the 12th.  I'd like to see them both fight AJ.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58983 on: December 2, 2018, 09:40:06 am »

Fury is one tough fighter, getting up from the deck in the 12th.  I'd like to see them both fight AJ.

I think Wilder might be more interested in AJ now. He took a gamble that he could catch Fury while he was still washed up, and nearly lost his golden ticket. If I was him I would cash in now instead of the rematch.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #58984 on: December 2, 2018, 09:42:43 am »
Fury won the 3 of 4 of the first 4 rounds, arguably won all 4.

Had Fury winning 115 to 111 at the end of it. He clearly clearly won the fight and being the champion doesn't give you a head start. The fight should be judged round by round not in the wider context.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58985 on: December 2, 2018, 09:48:32 am »
I think Wilder might be more interested in AJ now. He took a gamble that he could catch Fury while he was still washed up, and nearly lost his golden ticket. If I was him I would cash in now instead of the rematch.

It seems like Fury is back in top shape now, after looking awful in his previous fight.  Wilder probably banked on him not being quite as good last night, but even so, he still could've knocked him out in the 12th.

They are clearly the top three heavyweights in the division.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2018, 10:15:14 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58986 on: December 2, 2018, 10:03:48 am »
Not enough credit goes to Fury by the haters for his ability to nullify his opponents best asset and shut down their punch output. People expected Wilder to constantly throw punches but as he found out tonight it's not easy to land on Tyson and he'll make you miss. He completely out boxed Wilder even at 70% and if it weren't for him becoming complacent this would have been a shut out.

I hope the rematch is in England but somehow I don't see it happening. Having said that an English ref would have waived the fight off after seeing Fury stationary for a few seconds.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58987 on: December 2, 2018, 10:59:49 am »
No doubt about that Hardwork. No doubt at all.

Fury must be a real puzzle to solve inside the ring but Wilder did drop him twice. If this guy could just be hypnotised into throwing straight shots he would be so much more dangerous. Also can't come in that light again.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #58988 on: December 2, 2018, 11:02:06 am »

Fury's much fitter than he looks, dont remember a recovery like that since Larry Holmes got up from an Ernie Shavers bomb.

I think a rematch over here would do well then I'd love to see Fury v AJ although I'd expect Eddie Hearn's got other ideas (Whyte then Usyk) Real shame about the judges earlier, a Fury win would have put a lot of public pressure on Joshua to make the fight.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #58989 on: December 2, 2018, 11:05:03 am »
Just watched

Boxing is completely fucked. 115-111 ?

What I dont get is how nothing is said just everyone moans and gets on with it. It’s the clearest case of corruption you’ll see and it’s just accepted ?
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58990 on: December 2, 2018, 11:16:41 am »
Gobby Manc gets robbed of a title win  :thumbup
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58991 on: December 2, 2018, 11:24:04 am »
Just watched

What I dont get is how nothing is said just everyone moans and gets on with it. It’s the clearest case of corruption you’ll see and it’s just accepted ?

Link ?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58992 on: December 2, 2018, 11:32:33 am »
Just watched

It's so common that everyone just complains for a bit then moves on to the next fight. Corruption runs rife in boxing, it's a dirty sport.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58993 on: December 2, 2018, 11:35:54 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1Tfvr0xdDr4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1Tfvr0xdDr4</a>

What a character :lmao :lmao

Offline Blinis

• Kopite
« Reply #58994 on: December 2, 2018, 11:40:52 am »
Fury's much fitter than he looks

And he still has some way to go, he can still loose one stone to be at his best weight. Yet, it was Wilder who gassed out in the end, and increased stamina from Fury might have sent Wilder to the ground.

Regarding the outcome, I had two or three rounds on my card that could have gone either way. Assuming they would have gone to Wilder, I have 114-112 Wilder as a final score. Anything between this score and 115-111 Fury is believable, so a draw is fine with me. I don’t know what fight that Mexican fella has been watching.

I’d watch a rematch. Wilder was more at ease in the end of the fight, and now that he knows what Fury is like, he can work on it.

But man, Tyson Fury knows boxing.
What do Fernando Hierro, Carles Puyol, Philipp Lahm, Andres Iniesta, Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos and Jordan Henderson share in common?

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58995 on: December 2, 2018, 12:28:57 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1Tfvr0xdDr4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1Tfvr0xdDr4</a>

What a character :lmao :lmao

:lmao :lmao

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58996 on: December 2, 2018, 12:46:25 pm »
Sounds like Stevenson is in a bad way in hospital.
Just seen that.

Critical condition, The knockout was brutal how his head snapped back.

Hope he pulls through.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58997 on: December 2, 2018, 12:48:11 pm »
Anybody know of a link to just the fight even download .?

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58998 on: December 2, 2018, 01:02:52 pm »
Anybody know of a link to just the fight even download .?
Just search Wilder vs Fury full fight, that's how I found it (my link is down now).

I've long posted about how much I love Fury in this thread and I'm so pleased for the guy. Outboxed Wilder. Think the first knock-down was a bit unlucky, more a loss of balance than Wilder's punch. But my God Fury is a 6' 9" ballerina.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58999 on: December 2, 2018, 01:06:21 pm »
Basically the fight was determined in a boardroom sometime in the previous 3 months. When a massive fight in the US goes to the judges you might aswell be watching WWE
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa