Author Topic: Australian Open  (Read 25327 times)

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Australian Open
« Reply #480 on: January 30, 2011, 11:41:33 am »
Very pleased by another spectacular bottle job by the Charmless Bastard. Well done, Djokovic!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #481 on: January 30, 2011, 11:42:53 am »
I see what you did there, if it was intentional?

But...

You ever tried anger management classes? You don't even know her.

Don't make him angry, you'll make him want to harpoon you.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #482 on: January 30, 2011, 11:45:11 am »
Don't make him angry, you'll make him want to harpoon you.

Ha.

Remember Capt Ahab.

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: January 30, 2011, 12:04:02 pm »
Everyone's an expert eh?

Who thought nadal won't be reaching semi's. its just murray's luck this tournament he had to face ferrer instead. federer vs novak would have made a much competitive final, shame that.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: January 30, 2011, 12:26:12 pm »
Scottish git.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #485 on: January 30, 2011, 12:50:02 pm »
Allways the Bridesmaid never the Bride!

Offline -Gianni-

• Would have wood if Tiger Woods would
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: January 30, 2011, 01:14:28 pm »
Who thought nadal won't be reaching semi's. its just murray's luck this tournament he had to face ferrer instead. federer vs novak would have made a much competitive final, shame that.

Djokovic spanked Federer 3-0 the round before ffs!
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #487 on: January 30, 2011, 01:16:36 pm »
Poor performance by Murray today.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: January 30, 2011, 01:22:54 pm »
Hardly. what happened today though is a spanking.

It is quite apparent murray doesn't have the game or the bottle to win a grand slam.  :wave

Offline Rossie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: January 30, 2011, 01:24:07 pm »
Fuck it, back Murray at 10/1 at the start of the tournament.
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."  Rafa Benitez, 01/Nov/'10.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #490 on: January 30, 2011, 01:24:55 pm »

I wouldn't bother if I were you.
hi

Offline -Gianni-

• Would have wood if Tiger Woods would
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: January 30, 2011, 01:27:32 pm »
Hardly. what happened today though is a spanking.

Oh dear. He schooled Federer. Like he always does when he's on form.
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: January 30, 2011, 01:35:09 pm »
Murray was not on his game today, however Djoko was outstanding and would have beaten anyone out there. Inspired tennis.

Will Djoko go ahead of Federer in the rankings now?

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: January 30, 2011, 01:35:37 pm »
Murray was poor, too defensive, too reserved I thought. Djokovic was ace though, he seems a lot quicker over the court than he's given credit for. Totally deserved win.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Online gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: January 30, 2011, 03:31:04 pm »
Devastated. But Sadly Murray got what he deserved.

Came with nothing, gave nothing and got nothing.

Sad day for me.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Ramon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: January 30, 2011, 05:34:01 pm »
Oh well Andy, see you next year.
SOS member #2428.  We'll be coming, we'll be coming down the road! When you hear the noise from the Bill Shankly boys, we'll be coming down the road!!!!

Offline AnotherSpanishfan

• The Human Babelfish
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: January 30, 2011, 06:10:24 pm »
There's no question that his skill-set is good enough to beat anyone in a final but his mentality seems to let him down on big moments.  If everything is going right for him he can beat anyone but it seems that he can't cope with adversity as well as Fed or Nadal.

I see too much of this going on when he's playing

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #497 on: January 30, 2011, 06:19:47 pm »
I will say it again.  It is not bottle, or whatever you call it, that Murray lacks.  He just doe not have the skills to win a big time tournament. He CAN beat Nadal, Federer or Djokovic from time to time, but all these three, and even Ferrer and Del Potro, are much more talented than him. 

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #498 on: January 30, 2011, 06:46:18 pm »
I will say it again.  It is not bottle, or whatever you call it, that Murray lacks.  He just doe not have the skills to win a big time tournament. He CAN beat Nadal, Federer or Djokovic from time to time, but all these three, and even Ferrer and Del Potro, are much more talented than him. 

I'm not sure its talent you know. The experts in the game all say Murray has the skills to win a major: he has a great backhand, a great change of pace on the forehand, good hands, good court coverage, and now a decent serve (which deserted him today obviously).

What he lacks is aggression, he doesn't seem to be able to impose himself on finals. He seems to wait for his opponent  to implode and so far, when you are playing great players in a major final- they don't.

He seems to play within his own abilities in these finals, slicing and under-hitting the ball in dangerous areas but not really forcing the play or finding a dominant pattern. Djokovic just picked him off today with tremendous hitting. Murray was waiting around in rallies and invariably Novak won the long rallies too.

If I was Murray, I'd get Andre Agassi and Brad Gilbert in as coaches - because the Scot is a better player than some older players in history who have actually won Grand Slams. Still his body language and on court demeanour is a disaster though.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: January 31, 2011, 08:32:18 am »

He just needs a good shag is all..But it must be as difficult as shit, when his mum follows him around everywhere.  Imagine Andy sitting in a pub chatting up some beautiful yet also busty woman.   Andy comes in with the, "You want to come back to my place?", she returns serve with a, "Most definitely Andy", followed by a, "You can have my set anyday!".   Game, Set and Match.  But as soon as they get ready to leave, His trainer, physio and mum who are sitting in the corner watching with intent suddenly stand up, pumping their fists, shouting, "come on Andy!, Come on!"  only for the bartender to tell them to be quiet during play.  What looked to be a perfect shot, goes very wide and long.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #500 on: January 31, 2011, 11:51:53 am »

Don't agree with that, I think it's all mental. He's played some fantastic games and shows all the skills you could want from a top player. Maybe not as powerful as someone like Nadal but still a great player. Don't know whether that's enough to win him the Grand Slam titles he's after given the opposition he's up against but it definitely seems to be a mental thing with him.

Other top players seem to be able to lift themselves for the big occasion, Murray seems to let it crush him.
Legacy fan