Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1519322 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #9480 on: October 28, 2021, 09:07:03 pm »
Weird, that thread literally got bumped this morning and I read it, maybe it's been deleted for some reason. ???
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline BBS

• Main Stander
  • Big Black Sock
« Reply #9481 on: October 28, 2021, 09:57:37 pm »
The banner said "I May be Dyslexic But I'm Sure Divock Origi is an anagram of David Fairclough" for those interested  ;D

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9482 on: October 29, 2021, 10:07:09 am »
Pete, were you the fella who climbed on the spiked fence at the front of our end, stark bollocko?

Or was that Buff Pete?!

No mate not me.  It was UEFA cup Ljubljana 2003 though when the fella did it.   Unless he did it at other games too?

Stark bollock except for a elephant pouch covering his bits. 

Brilliant trip that was :)

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9483 on: October 29, 2021, 10:20:23 am »
Yep, ended up climbing over a fence that some lads pushed over as they were making us go such a long way around. Ridiculous, it's not keeping us any safer, you're still left on your own once you get past them all anyway. Line of horses holding back a few dozen Mancs outside our exit and then nothing.

Yeah those line of horses were holding back half a dozen little scrotes with man bags, green & gold scarfs and mobile phones thinking they were hard.  Probably the easiest days work the mounted police had at OT in their life.  There were coppers on foot behind the horses literally laughing in the faces of the half price hooligans.

What I could gather walking past was that one of the coppers on horseback was a Scouser.

I heard one dickhead shout "Why are GMP letting Scousers join their ranks!!?"

:lmao

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #9484 on: October 29, 2021, 11:12:51 am »
No mate not me.  It was UEFA cup Ljubljana 2003 though when the fella did it.   Unless he did it at other games too?

Stark bollock except for a elephant pouch covering his bits. 

Brilliant trip that was :)

;D Yeah I remember Ljubljana elephant pouch man! Was at that too, brilliant trip as you say :)

But also remember someone doing something similar at Leverkusen, but on a much more precarious fence (precarious for his crown jewels)!

Loved that night. The momentum was gathering pace. I’d been the 4-2 a few years earlier and had to sit in the home end, which was fine as the German fans are great, but the 1-3 was special as there was none of the usual tension result wise. And Quo of course!

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #9485 on: October 29, 2021, 01:50:22 pm »
I remember that at Leverkusen. It was Peter Sampara but nit sure if he has a user name on here
We are a team of one half.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9486 on: October 29, 2021, 02:00:04 pm »
I remember that at Leverkusen. It was Peter Sampara but nit sure if he has a user name on here

Capon Debaser says he looks like Pete Sampras so it could be him. The hairy bastard.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9487 on: October 29, 2021, 05:44:28 pm »
Yes he was definitely there that night. Didn’t think he was the sort to do that though ;D (not that I actually know him)

If he’s naked you can’t see how many badges he’s got, and that seemed to be what it was all about with him. Maybe it was elephant pouch man again. Can’t believe we’d have two fans who liked to that, but then again… ;D

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9488 on: October 29, 2021, 05:45:35 pm »
Capon Debaser says he looks like Pete Sampras so it could be him. The hairy bastard.
Capon is badgeman, pass it on :D

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9489 on: October 29, 2021, 06:32:11 pm »
………. I’d been the 4-2 a few years earlier and had to sit in the home end, which was fine as the German fans are great…

I was in one of the home stands that night, as were many Reds. We must have been a complete pain in the arse to the home support as we were bevvied and standing up singing all game.

It was an emotional game, a so near yet so far, and at the end I admit to having tears tripping me up. The German lad next to me, who must have been about 6’5” ( I didn’t appreciate this salient point until he stood up at the end) gave me an enormous bear hug!

I’ve always had a soft spot for Leverkusen since then  :P

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9490 on: October 29, 2021, 07:45:27 pm »
I was in one of the home stands that night, as were many Reds.
You’re not kidding storky…when we scored I jumped up (there was no need to sit on your hands and pretend to be called Jürgen that night) and there were little pockets of Reds everywhere doing the same. Hundreds in fact.

I’ve always had a soft spot for Leverkusen since then  :P
Same. The whole row shook hands with me as they filed out. Friendliest home end I’ve ever been in.

Not much of a town centre, but the beer tents around the ground were great and brilliant cities like Köln and Düsseldorf nearby to base yourself. Great trips.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #9491 on: November 5, 2021, 10:20:13 pm »
haha i never said i looked like him. i said i was called/ one of my nicknames was Sampras in my late teens. Other people said i looked like him ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9492 on: November 5, 2021, 11:46:36 pm »
haha i never said i looked like him. i said i was called/ one of my nicknames was Sampras in my late teens. Other people said i looked like him ;D
I hear they say you look like Pete Price these days.  ;)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9493 on: November 6, 2021, 12:03:47 am »

#sausages

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9494 on: November 6, 2021, 12:08:02 am »

#sausages
You might get the #Sausages treatment after that.  :D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #9495 on: November 6, 2021, 12:24:42 am »
I can take a joke like but you can fuck right off with that shite ;D

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #9496 on: November 6, 2021, 12:51:53 am »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #9497 on: November 6, 2021, 08:47:16 am »

#sausages
Thought that was Gary Sinise for a minute

Offline ldsn

• Kopite
« Reply #9498 on: November 8, 2021, 03:24:26 pm »
Pretty shite yesterday, although hardly surprising given the ground and the performance.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9499 on: December 2, 2021, 09:37:17 am »
So come on, who was in there? And how much fun was it?!  Old Trafford levels of fun?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #9500 on: December 2, 2021, 11:10:19 am »
'Rafa's at the wheel' was wool behaviour but apart from that it sounded great

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9501 on: December 2, 2021, 11:49:39 am »

Yeah I was cringing at that too, but at the same time people can get carried away in the moment, hard to stay completely perfect when you are surrounded by all those baying mutants and that much toxicity. Must have been a load of fun anyway, seemed to be having a ball!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9502 on: December 2, 2021, 11:58:16 am »

Yeah, wasn't keen on that (the whole point of the Ole song was taking the piss out of what Rio said, it doesn't really adapt to other clubs IMO) but apart from that (and a brief round of Everton wives...) it was great. Not quite OT levels of sheer disbelief and fun but right up there. Legs are in bits today from their godawful seats.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #9503 on: December 2, 2021, 12:42:00 pm »
Yeah, wasn't keen on that (the whole point of the Ole song was taking the piss out of what Rio said, it doesn't really adapt to other clubs IMO) but apart from that (and a brief round of Everton wives...) it was great. Not quite OT levels of sheer disbelief and fun but right up there. Legs are in bits today from their godawful seats.

I agree..but things take a life of their own and don't be surprised if your hear a lot of it sung around grouds to other managers.

and all the Rafa songs where to wind up the Blues not against Rafa..and I took it as he is in control driving them to relegation on our behalf  ;D

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #9504 on: December 2, 2021, 12:48:29 pm »
I agree..but things take a life of their own and don't be surprised if your hear a lot of it sung around grouds to other managers.

and all the Rafa songs where to wind up the Blues not against Rafa..and I took it as he is in control driving them to relegation on our behalf  ;D
I agree with RedGriffin73, and you.

When I first heard 'Rafa's at the wheel' is just didn't sound right at all. Only Ole should get that treatment.
But i guess some Reds were trying to wind up the Blues as you said by saying Agent Rafa is taking them down.. so it kinda makes sense that way, but still feel strange hearing Rafa's name being used to taunt others.

More importantly, did anyone manage to trade some socks in for a match ball?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9505 on: December 2, 2021, 04:54:38 pm »
Would have been better just singing La Bamba for the last 20 minutes. Ultimately though there'll be fans who aren't happy with him for going there and there was always a split in the fanbase over Rafa. Many loved him, many wanted him out and called him for everything.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #9506 on: December 2, 2021, 05:30:48 pm »
'Snow is falling.........Merry Christmas, Everton' - could be heard on the telly. Great stuff  ;D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9507 on: December 2, 2021, 09:10:04 pm »
'Snow is falling.........Merry Christmas, Everton' - could be heard on the telly. Great stuff  ;D

Salah's scoring... ;)

I love how we seem to play them every December so we can bring out that song and just update the goalscorer ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9508 on: December 2, 2021, 09:11:52 pm »

Like Brian Hillman into the Wetherfield Canal.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9509 on: December 2, 2021, 09:16:34 pm »

That and ‘we played the shite on a Wednesday night and they hardly touched the ball’ was getting belted out at mine during the game. ;D

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #9510 on: December 2, 2021, 09:52:23 pm »
Like Brian Hillman into the Wetherfield Canal.

*Coronation Street nerd mode on*

Richard Hillman wasn’t it? Brian was one of Gail’s earlier husbands I think… ;)

On topic, last night was fantastic - not quite Old Trafford levels of fun but not far off. Getting to experience that level of fume first hand as we took them apart was something to behold!

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9511 on: December 2, 2021, 09:57:06 pm »
*Coronation Street nerd mode on*

Richard Hillman wasn’t it? Brian was one of Gail’s earlier husbands I think… ;)

On topic, last night was fantastic - not quite Old Trafford levels of fun but not far off. Getting to experience that level of fume first hand as we took them apart was something to behold!

Gah!

Brian was stabbed outside a nightclub wasn’t he? The actor who played Richard was called Brian. That’s my excuse.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9512 on: December 3, 2021, 11:13:59 am »
Would have been better just singing La Bamba for the last 20 minutes
Ah…used to love Rafa la bamba, especially the slightly doleful “…and Josemi” :D

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9513 on: December 4, 2021, 10:29:19 pm »
Hahahahaha
Just back through the door in time for MOTD
Quite a dull away until…..
Fucking hell.Is there anything better in footy than a last minute winner

I don’t think I’ve ever been wetter from the post match walk/run from the blue brick pub to the station but couldn’t care less after that😀
+6 ticket exchange

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9514 on: December 8, 2021, 08:16:08 am »
Well in to everyone that went  :scarf

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #9515 on: December 8, 2021, 05:51:02 pm »
Sounded great when that tit with the megaphone was having a rest.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline ImABeliever

• Boys Pen
« Reply #9516 on: January 2, 2022, 07:39:56 pm »
How was it today then? Certainly sounded pretty good, especially in the 1st half.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #9517 on: January 2, 2022, 08:19:15 pm »
Was a guest amongst Chelsea fans nearby.  Good volume and got under the skins of some around me. We just conceded goals at bad times
Neither fans as vocal second half

Offline ImABeliever

• Boys Pen
« Reply #9518 on: January 2, 2022, 08:38:15 pm »
Yeah we were a bit quiet in the second half, probably down to the nerves amongst the away support. But I found it incredible when their lot started calling our support shit, especially considering I'd barely heard them in the first half until their two goals - and pretty much 90% of their repertoire of songs are about us.

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9519 on: January 20, 2022, 11:05:56 pm »
Oh he wears the number 20

That was boss
The Diogo song came into its own at HT and then when he got the second
+6 ticket exchange