Author Topic: Simon Mignolet  (Read 278850 times)

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Simon Mignolet is boss thread.
« Reply #200 on: September 10, 2016, 07:34:24 pm »
going to blame him for the goal since moreno wasn't playing today ;D

Some magnificent punches and a couple of top 1v1 saves.

Got battered and hardly received any protection from some thuggish leicester play.

Lets hope he keeps his form and confidence up.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: September 10, 2016, 07:36:09 pm »
Poor sod has been through the wars today, but did great overall. :)

Offline bam09

• Brexiteer who lives in Canada. Is alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: September 10, 2016, 07:38:50 pm »
After he misjudged his first punch attempt, it would have been easy for him to become timid. After Huth whacked him in the nose hard enough to draw blood, it would have been understandable had he become timid. Instead, Simon came out for just about everything within punching distance. He's still not excellent at it, but his bravery has markedly improved, and was commendable today. His stop against Vardy at 3-1 was massive for us.

Offline lapapa

• Anny Roader
« Reply #203 on: September 10, 2016, 07:46:32 pm »
Thought he was pretty good today to be honest.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #204 on: September 10, 2016, 07:48:43 pm »
Excellent performance.

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #205 on: September 10, 2016, 07:49:07 pm »
Bar the little cock-up with the corner in the first half i though he was really good today, 2nd half he was flawless with his saves and commanding of his box.
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #206 on: September 10, 2016, 07:50:07 pm »
Actually had a good game today. Hopefully having Karius breathing down his neck will push him on.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: September 10, 2016, 07:50:10 pm »
Great game today. Karius will have to work hard to take his spot.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: September 10, 2016, 08:02:06 pm »
I found myself shouting 'he fucking saved it' from Vardys effort, shows I'm not used it ;D

He did well tonight I've got to say, but still think he's got too many mistakes in him ala that attempt at a punch in the first half.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: September 10, 2016, 08:02:52 pm »
Barring one flap, I thought he was superb today. I think we need a better keeper (maybe that's Karius, maybe not) but credit where it's due.

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: September 10, 2016, 08:04:53 pm »
Not a Mignolet fan but credit where credit is due he had a great game. Hopefully he brings more games like that.
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: September 10, 2016, 08:08:00 pm »
Karius being on the bench lit a fire under Migs' Arse and the lad delivered.. fair fucks to him..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: September 10, 2016, 08:42:14 pm »
Spot on use of nose tampon too.

Well played Simon. Good game today, all that can be asked.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #213 on: September 10, 2016, 08:47:07 pm »
Had a very good game today. Fair play.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #214 on: September 10, 2016, 08:49:27 pm »
he made 1 telling save, hardly an excellent performance considering his distribution and he nearly cot caught again coming for a cross in the 1st half.
Got away with it today, inspires zero confidence and despite some praising him.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: September 10, 2016, 09:03:19 pm »
he made 1 telling save, hardly an excellent performance considering his distribution and he nearly cot caught again coming for a cross in the 1st half.
Got away with it today, inspires zero confidence and despite some praising him.

Agreed, surprised at some of the comments, but it also shows how much he's lowered the bar!! Speaking of bars, that header from their player goes under it and not on top of it this thread would be very different and as for losing an aerial duel with Jamie Vardy, Christ almighty!! Excellent save though but other than that not much to shout about.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #216 on: September 10, 2016, 09:07:06 pm »
Vardy clearly had his hand on Mignolet's shoulder when he leaped up against Mignolet. The fact Mignolet's eye was cut from Vardy's raised arm in  the challenge, showed that it wasn't legal in the slightest.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: September 10, 2016, 09:12:55 pm »
Vardy clearly had his hand on Mignolet's shoulder when he leaped up against Mignolet. The fact Mignolet's eye was cut from Vardy's raised arm in  the challenge, showed that it wasn't legal in the slightest.

Honestly, the commentators saying it wasn't a foul was ridiculous, it obviously was and dare I say if it were Okazaki or Ulloa committing the offence, their opinion would have been quite different. But they were doing that al day, Fuchs(?) barging into the back of Sturridge inside their box should have led to a penalty and Huth was at it all game. Mignolet did well, all things considered.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Floydy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: September 10, 2016, 09:13:17 pm »
mate a goalie can jump and use his hands a striker only his head, if he was up against a Lukaku or Ibrahimovic  OK fair enough.
There is no way Vardy (grappling or not) should beat Migs. One is an imp the other is 6 foot 3.

It seems the slightest improvement or indeed doing what he should be doing earns him rave reviews, this si down to his histroic form not acceptable standards. 
His distribution is ridiculous at times today it was pure brain fart stuff, he doesnt have the mental steel for our no.1 jersey.
You know the more crosses/shots that get rained in on him, the more he gets exposed.

Lets not lower standards just for teh sake of being kind to him, he gets paID £60K a week FFS
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: September 10, 2016, 09:14:01 pm »

Nah, he got a knock but he should be powering through midget strikers not meekly losing duels with them!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #220 on: September 10, 2016, 09:17:31 pm »
Honestly, the commentators saying it wasn't a foul was ridiculous

Yep. Wasn't until he was cut on the eye that they sheepishly acknowledged something had happened

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: September 10, 2016, 09:31:40 pm »
You guys are honestly unbelievably fucking ridiculous.

He was ok today, but it was probably his worst performance of the year considering it contained his first major fuck up...the long ball that he whiffed on when Huth almost scored.

He was again out big and early though to stop Vardy...same as he was against Rose, but because Rose didn't blast it at him you crucified instead of praising...whereas now you do the opposite.

I still love him though, and he's done enough to keep the shirt for now, one mistake withstanding.

Fuck you all make me laugh though. A bit of blood and all of a sudden he's a hero.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Terry Butcher esq

Offline Floydy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: September 10, 2016, 09:39:35 pm »
No matter what he does during matches there's always going to be someone like you who is completely blind as to what he does during the game, he made 1 mistake today by missing a punch, happens to the best keepers in the world all the time.

Made a great save, think he missed just once when he came out of his area during crosses? Made multiple punches, fuck all wrong with his distribution today. All round good performance from him. But no let's just bring him down for the sake of it as you cant find anything to moan about our performance.

listen lad dont you start, im not trying to knock the lad, dont enjoy making scapegoats, but lets not lose sight of his form over 3 years, it isnt good enough.    We won today great but plese dont think he has suddenly turned into what we need over night beacuse we won. Unfortunately for him he will be exposed again at some point , and he wasnt excellnt today as somehave made out. Not banging on about the mistkes for teh sake of it, it was to counter that he didnt really have that much to do. He made 1 good save and in my view 5 poor decsions. Over the course of the season that ratio will even itself out in a negative way.

Offline Shady Craig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: September 10, 2016, 09:43:17 pm »
Easy mate, it was a joke. I think Mignolet's been great...just think it's funny that he has to get some claret running to get some positive feedback.
Personally I have him good feedback because he actually saved a one on one, and 2nd half commanded his area well fair play. But as long as he's got as many mistakes in him as he clearly does he can't be our long term No.1.

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #224 on: September 10, 2016, 09:45:13 pm »
listen lad dont you start, im not trying to knock the lad, dont enjoy making scapegoats, but lets not lose sight of his form over 3 years, it isnt good enough.    We won today great but plese dont think he has suddenly turned into what we need over night beacuse we won. Unfortunately for him he will be exposed again at some point , and he wasnt excellnt today as somehave made out. Not banging on about the mistkes for teh sake of it, it was to counter that he didnt really have that much to do. He made 1 good save and in my view 5 poor decsions. Over the course of the season that ratio will even itself out in a negative way.

5 poor decisions  :lmao what was those exactly?

Bar 1 mistake which happens, he didn't put a foot wrong, sick of no matter what he does there's always someone waiting to be blind and make shit up just to beat him with.

Fuck all wrong with his performance today.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: September 10, 2016, 09:47:46 pm »
Alright. I'm outmatched here. I think Mignolet has been great this season, I'm clearly alone. Today was probably his worst performance of the year, but was still good.

I'm going to go watch a replay, have another beer, and enjoy the win.

Let's not forget we're on the same team here.

Up Simon and up the reds!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Shady Craig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: September 10, 2016, 09:50:35 pm »
5 poor decisions  :lmao what was those exactly?

Bar 1 mistake which happens, he didn't put a foot wrong, sick of no matter what he does there's always someone waiting to be blind and make shit up just to beat him with.

Fuck all wrong with his performance today.
He nearly fucked up clearing the ball 2nd half.

Things like this have cost us and bred unease through out the defense countless times over the last couple of years.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: September 10, 2016, 09:51:43 pm »
It's a no from me, I'm afraid...I watched his opposite in Kasper and the difference in the confidence inspired is night and day. The knowing when to come out, how to come out, the lack of heart in mouth moments. I wonder how our defence would be if they had someone of his skillset? Simon did really well putting it where it hurts but there will always be a sense of could be better.
I also watch extended highlights of the old trafod game and De Gea, for what little I saw is just amazing. There was a counter attack his started that was just phenomenal; the vision and the accuracy to initiate it was a pleasure to see. I guess it made me lust for peak Pepe. I really hope Karius is as good as his numbers suggest (i.e. second to Neuer).

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #228 on: September 10, 2016, 09:52:16 pm »
He nearly fucked up clearing the ball 2nd half.

Things like this have cost us and bred unease through out the defense countless times over the last couple of years.

Nearly means fuck all. It was a good performance today, end of.

I even seen a few trying to blame him for Lucas gifting them a goal, says everything you need to know about the mentality of our fans against Mignolet.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 09:54:30 pm by liverpool185 »

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: September 10, 2016, 09:54:32 pm »
I am not the biggest fan of Mignolet, but he had a very good game against a very difficult opposition today.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #230 on: September 10, 2016, 09:57:32 pm »
It's a no from me, I'm afraid...I watched his opposite in Kasper and the difference in the confidence inspired is night and day. The knowing when to come out, how to come out, the lack of heart in mouth moments. I wonder how our defence would be if they had someone of his skillset? Simon did really well putting it where it hurts but there will always be a sense of could be better.
I also watch extended highlights of the old trafod game and De Gea, for what little I saw is just amazing. There was a counter attack his started that was just phenomenal; the vision and the accuracy to initiate it was a pleasure to see. I guess it made me lust for peak Pepe. I really hope Karius is as good as his numbers suggest (i.e. second to Neuer).
Yes I especially liked it when he almost knicked the ball away from Mane before he squared for the fourth, what 45 yards off his line? In there's doubt he looked the business compared with Migs when it come to picking the ball out of the net.

Offline Shady Craig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: September 10, 2016, 10:01:25 pm »
Just the one today which happens to every keeper every match. Made up for it though with a great save and numerous punches throughout the 2nd half.
Listen I haven't come in here to have a go at the lad as he was good today, but there simply isn't any getting away from the fact that those mistakes that do happen most games have and will cost us big time.

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #232 on: September 10, 2016, 10:03:35 pm »
seriously man , i bet you were one of those fans that wanted Reina gone and picked up on all of his little mistakes..  Jesus, its not about scapegoating its about a fucking reality.  What is in front of our very eyes.

You still haven't answered my question where i asked what 5 mistakes he made today that you claimed....?

What has Reina got to do with Mignolet and LFC at the moment? Get over him.

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #233 on: September 10, 2016, 10:07:10 pm »
Listen I haven't come in here to have a go at the lad as he was good today, but there simply isn't any getting away from the fact that those mistakes that do happen most games have and will cost us big time.

I agree he does make the same mistakes over and over and 100% won't be our long term no1 and when Karius is fit he will be our number one. Honestly though he had a good game today and is a good number two keeper to have. Pretty much faultless today and should be praised just like he would be critized for his mistakes.

Just for the record, he wasen't the only one to lose his shit after Lucas' cock-up, the whole team where making mistakes left right and center. Second half every player was pretty much flawless, including Migs
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 10:10:03 pm by liverpool185 »

Offline Floydy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: September 10, 2016, 10:09:58 pm »
You still haven't answered my question where i asked what 5 mistakes he made today that you claimed....?

What has Reina got to do with Mignolet and LFC at the moment? Get over him.
cant be arsed mate, maybe i see the game in more detail than you, ever thought of that?

There was the failed cross, which hit crossbar and i counted 4 absolutely ridiculous passes to his defence when we were clear of Leicester,       a better team would have capitalised, stop being a superfan FFS, Migs is nowher near good enough for LFC, but here is the importsnt thing, yes I'm vocal, but when at the match i get behind the players this is not just a bash for bash sakes thing.   HE is simply not good enough and i tell you something  Klopp knows it too. He brought 2 goalkeepers in this summer for a reason.

Offline Shady Craig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: September 10, 2016, 10:11:42 pm »
I agree he does make the same mistakes over and over and 100% won't be our long term no1 and when Karius is fit he will be our number one. Honestly though he had a good game today and is a good number two keeper to have. Pretty much faultless today and should be praised just like he would be critized for his mistakes.

Just for the record, he wasen't the only one to lose his shit after Lucas' cock-up, the whole team where making mistakes left right and center. Second half every player was pretty much flawless, including Migs
A very good No.2 is defo what he is for me. Hopefully Karius takes that No.1 spot and is less costly for us.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #236 on: September 10, 2016, 10:38:27 pm »
So pissed off with losing at home 4-1...............WHAT YOU MEAN WE WON? You'd not think it coming in here.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: September 10, 2016, 10:51:23 pm »
 Mignolet had a good game today,unfortunately his distribution skills let him down
Decent back up to Karius.

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: September 10, 2016, 10:59:54 pm »
Some angry people in here, had a good game for me, deserved more protection from the ref.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: September 10, 2016, 11:00:39 pm »
He's stepped it up this season and is obviously working on the parts of him game that Klopp has outlined to him.
Dumping him for no reason for a guy whose never played a competitive minute for us and justifying on bullshit reasons is not what we should do.
Let Karius start the league cup game and go from there, if he is good enough he'll eventually become number 1, but nobody in this team should be handed a spot, first choice needs to be earned.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones