Author Topic: The Daniel Sturridge  (Read 289218 times)

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #1200 on: November 13, 2018, 03:07:35 pm »
I stand corrected. 

Bookies are parasites and I doubt they took much money on this. It's a ridiculous market anyway. There's numerous people involved in a transfer that could pass on info.

It’s not just that, but when odds tumble on such a market the bookies always advertise it to attract more people, on the premise that such a drop must be because of inside knowledge. In actual fact, such a drop should be reported to the authorities rather than the punters as something apparently illegal has gone on.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1201 on: November 13, 2018, 05:33:10 pm »
What if his missus has told someone - would be be in the shit for telling his wife.

“Pack your bags, we’re moving”
“Where?”
“Can’t tell you, sorry”

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1202 on: November 13, 2018, 05:51:45 pm »
I used to work for a listed company. When we worked on larger projects we were put on "insider"-lists which meant we couldn't trade shares; and that including relatives; we couldn't tell anything they could act on..

when we presented  quarterly results; we were also suspended from trading - and that meant we physically had to sign a document that we had read, understood and agreed on our liabilities..

If the FA wants to hang sturridge out to dry on some mambo-jambo court, with no formal procedures etc - the club should get right behind and challenge  the FA

It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #1203 on: November 13, 2018, 06:22:36 pm »
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1204 on: November 13, 2018, 07:04:54 pm »
Express article - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/13/five-figure-bet-placed-daniel-sturridge-leaving-liverpool-inter/

Not sure what he’s done wrong at all!?

Ouch!!! That guys has wagered a chunk of his savings on a losing bet that he probably thought was a sure thing.

Aside from that, nothing to see here

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1205 on: November 13, 2018, 07:09:53 pm »
So basically someone has grassed him up cos he's lost his savings putting on a dud bet?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1206 on: November 13, 2018, 10:07:54 pm »
Ouch!!! That guys has wagered a chunk of his savings on a losing bet that he probably thought was a sure thing.

Not a damn thing.

Given the spectacular failure of the bet, there is no suggestion that Sturridge was involved
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1207 on: November 13, 2018, 11:05:50 pm »
It seems wrong that they besmirch Sturridge's name like this if this is what their investigation is based around. What is the purpose in making it public?

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1208 on: November 13, 2018, 11:24:54 pm »
It seems wrong that they besmirch Sturridge's name like this if this is what their investigation is based around. What is the purpose in making it public?

United/Everton fans exist, that’s why

We are cheats. Dock us points

Yeah, for sturridges mate betting on him going to WBA. That’s basically helped us to 2nd in table
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1209 on: November 14, 2018, 01:38:56 am »

The article states that it may not be that bet which has caused the charge. So it may be winning bets on his West Brom move which caused the inquiry.
Bookies are always happy when some poor dope loses his life savings, but when they lose a few quid someone must be called to task.

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1210 on: November 14, 2018, 01:42:06 am »
Sturridge should do a dice celebration for his next goal. Fuck bookies the evil c*nts.

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1211 on: November 14, 2018, 01:52:04 am »
Would be livid and disillusioned with football if this is like the Sakho thing and he isnt proven in the wrong. Always fucking shit popping up when we are doing excellent on thw pitch. Why not finish your investigation and then take action. Fuck the FA and UEFA with their clear baised against Liverpool.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1212 on: November 14, 2018, 02:24:22 am »
Would be livid and disillusioned with football if this is like the Sakho thing and he isnt proven in the wrong. Always fucking shit popping up when we are doing excellent on thw pitch. Why not finish your investigation and then take action. Fuck the FA and UEFA with their clear baised against Liverpool.

::) I hope you're fishing

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1213 on: November 14, 2018, 02:40:39 am »

I'd completely forgotten about that

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1214 on: November 14, 2018, 07:43:57 am »

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1215 on: November 14, 2018, 09:27:30 am »
Fucking hell, if this harms the team then they don't deserve to be fighting for the major trophies.

This is such a ridiculous non story.

Some random fella stakes ten grand on a move to inter. If the bookies were that worried about inside info - just refuse the bet or put a cap on it. The reason why they didn't is either greed or they were safe in the knowledge that if the bet won, they could make a case for the bet being based on inside knowledge. Cake and eat it. Wankers.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1216 on: November 14, 2018, 09:32:54 am »
::) I hope you're fishing

Which bit? He's right about the investigation. It cost Sakho a final appearance, and contributed to us missing out on a trophy. Only to find out that they had handled things incorrectly, legally.

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1217 on: November 14, 2018, 10:26:36 am »
Fucking hell, if this harms the team then they don't deserve to be fighting for the major trophies.

This is such a ridiculous non story.

Some random fella stakes ten grand on a move to inter. If the bookies were that worried about inside info - just refuse the bet or put a cap on it. The reason why they didn't is either greed or they were safe in the knowledge that if the bet won, they could make a case for the bet being based on inside knowledge. Cake and eat it. Wankers.
we got a guy suspended until further notice in our biggest game since Athens and had to play Uncle Kolo who was a great guy but passed his best. You dont even feel a little salty/mad about it? Especially when Sakho was so dominant against Utd at OT etc. Suarez against Evra was another one JT and others have done it but no one ever heard them. Why always Liverpool ?

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1218 on: November 14, 2018, 10:35:01 am »
we got a guy suspended until further notice in our biggest game since Athens and had to play Uncle Kolo who was a great guy but passed his best. You dont even feel a little salty/mad about it? Especially when Sakho was so dominant against Utd at OT etc. Suarez against Evra was another one JT and others have done it but no one ever heard them. Why always Liverpool ?

Agree with that, we've had our fair share over the years. Sakho, who knows, he could have equally fucked up in the final, but agree that was a disgrace the way it was handled. Mascherano was the one that got me.

I just feel that this is a bit of a non story, it's so far fetched. But if we do see Sturridge receive any sort of punishment that goes beyond a slap on the wrists then we need to be more aggressive.
I've been saying for years that as a club we bend over too readily. Hopefully now that we've improved all aspects of the club, we'll make it less easy to be singled out by the authorities.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1219 on: November 14, 2018, 10:41:23 am »
Agree with that, we've had our fair share over the years. Sakho, who knows, he could have equally fucked up in the final, but agree that was a disgrace the way it was handled. Mascherano was the one that got me.

I just feel that this is a bit of a non story, it's so far fetched. But if we do see Sturridge receive any sort of punishment that goes beyond a slap on the wrists then we need to be more aggressive.
I've been saying for years that as a club we bend over too readily. Hopefully now that we've improved all aspects of the club, we'll make it less easy to be singled out by the authorities.
whats the Mascherano one?

anyway cant really compare sakho and sturridge. betting and alleged drugs misuse aren't comparable here

i dont think sturridge will be banned

just with Sakho, did we not take a decision to leave him out whilst he was being investigated?
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1220 on: November 14, 2018, 10:45:15 am »
whats the Mascherano one?

anyway cant really compare sakho and sturridge. betting and alleged drugs misuse aren't comparable here

i dont think sturridge will be banned

just with Sakho, did we not take a decision to leave him out whilst he was being investigated?

Mascherano got that red at Old Trafford for losing it with the werewolf ref Steve Bennett as part of the ‘clampdown’ on behaviour, was it the Respect camapign. Felt at the time that he was an easy target and in the weeks before and after the usual suspects like Rooney and Terry got away with far more aggressive reactions to the ref.

Was quite funny seeing Rafa do some Crocodile Dundee shit on Masch in the touchline to calm him down though!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1221 on: November 14, 2018, 10:48:50 am »
Mascherano got that red at Old Trafford for losing it with the werewolf ref Steve Bennett as part of the ‘clampdown’ on behaviour, was it the Respect camapign. Felt at the time that he was an easy target and in the weeks before and after the usual suspects like Rooney and Terry got away with far more aggressive reactions to the ref.

Was quite funny seeing Rafa do some Crocodile Dundee shit on Masch in the touchline to calm him down though!
yeah i remember now.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1222 on: November 14, 2018, 11:36:47 am »
Which bit? He's right about the investigation. It cost Sakho a final appearance, and contributed to us missing out on a trophy. Only to find out that they had handled things incorrectly, legally.

We didn't lose the final because of Sakho not playing, he wasnt and isn't Paolo Maldini. If Sakho had done what he was supposed to do [ie consult with the clubs doctors to begin with] he wouldn't have taken what he did regardless of how it's handled.

There isn't no conspiracy against us, there are however poorly ran organizations and corrupt bastards, but that has feck all to do it being against us.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1223 on: November 14, 2018, 11:41:27 am »
We didn't lose the final because of Sakho not playing, he wasnt and isn't Paolo Maldini. If Sakho had done what he was supposed to do [ie consult with the clubs doctors to begin with] he wouldn't have taken what he did regardless of how it's handled.

There isn't no conspiracy against us, there are however poorly ran organizations and corrupt bastards, but that has feck all to do it being against us.

Never said there was a conspiracy.

Also never said we lost because he wasn't playing.

Don't disagree that the way to mitigate it is not to use the substance.

Worth remembering we lost the final because of our defending down the left though. And Sakho was a lot better than Kolo.

My only point was that you should have an understanding of a legal basis, and precedent in international sports, before you sully someone's name and prematurely end their season. I think it's a reasonable point. You don't announce someone's guilt first, then work backwards from there

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1224 on: November 14, 2018, 11:56:34 am »

Worth remembering we lost the final because of our defending down the left though. And Sakho was a lot better than Kolo.

My only point was that you should have an understanding of a legal basis, and precedent in international sports, before you sully someone's name and prematurely end their season. I think it's a reasonable point. You don't announce someone's guilt first, then work backwards from there

The FA have done this to other players so it's not a Liverpool related incident [I didn't say you were saying it's a conspiracy but the bloke who posted suggested it was hence why I said I hope you're fishing]

The FA did this with Bobby last year and with Jay Rodriguez

And I remember clearly everyone losing their shit on here when Firmino was being investigated because  some were convinced he was going to be punished no matter what

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1225 on: November 14, 2018, 12:02:09 pm »
The FA have done this to other players so it's not a Liverpool related incident [I didn't say you were saying it's a conspiracy but the bloke who posted suggested it was hence why I said I hope you're fishing]

The FA did this with Bobby last year and with Jay Rodriguez

And I remember clearly everyone losing their shit on here when Firmino was being investigated because  some were convinced he was going to be punished no matter what

These are all good examples of how terrible the FA are with these issues. And how their announcements of investigations, implying guilt, are problematic. i don't think there's an anti Liverpool bias here, but do still think it's something they need to improve. So I think we agree on everything ha

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1226 on: November 14, 2018, 12:10:32 pm »

going off point perhaps but Kolo was superb in that final

whole rest of the team looked poor, leggy and tired though

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1227 on: November 14, 2018, 12:26:29 pm »
These are all good examples of how terrible the FA are with these issues. And how their announcements of investigations, implying guilt, are problematic. i don't think there's an anti Liverpool bias here, but do still think it's something they need to improve. So I think we agree on everything ha
If you're charged with a crime it shouldn't imply you're guilty. That's a media and societal issue, not an FA one.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1228 on: November 14, 2018, 12:32:33 pm »

Aye

Not that I'm obsessive about that sort of thing, but I remember Ashley Cole specifically doing much worse in the midweek before where Steve Bennett was the 4th official and got nothing.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1229 on: November 14, 2018, 12:43:51 pm »

We tend to agree on most things haha  ;D

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1230 on: November 14, 2018, 12:54:11 pm »
If you're charged with a crime it shouldn't imply you're guilty. That's a media and societal issue, not an FA one.

And yet he was wrongfully suspended during the end of the season, including the final. I don’t think you can seriously blame the media and society for that can you ;D

We tend to agree on most things haha  ;D
Indeed :) even if it sometimes seems like the opposite for a minute ha 

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1231 on: November 14, 2018, 03:22:19 pm »
And yet he was wrongfully suspended during the end of the season, including the final. I don’t think you can seriously blame the media and society for that can you ;D

Who? Sakho? I'm not sure how you can blame the FA either. It was a UEFA matter.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1232 on: November 14, 2018, 04:36:47 pm »
Nothing to be done about SSN running stories on players moving clubs all day and the clear link they would have to Sky Bet though. Oh no, nothing to see there, move along sir.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1233 on: November 14, 2018, 04:43:23 pm »

Uncle Kolo who'd been banned for taking a slimming substitute? Maybe Sakho could have asked his team mate never mind the club doctor before doing something stupid.

Anyway some of the comments on here (not just yours) are starting to mirror those from Everton fans about Niasse being the only player banned retrospectively for diving, Everton being the only club punished for tapping up (Silva), Everton the only club punished for tapping up Academy players.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1234 on: November 14, 2018, 05:02:35 pm »
Uncle Kolo who'd been banned for taking a slimming substitute? Maybe Sakho could have asked his team mate never mind the club doctor before doing something stupid.

Anyway some of the comments on here (not just yours) are starting to mirror those from Everton fans about Niasse being the only player banned retrospectively for diving, Everton being the only club punished for tapping up (Silva), Everton the only club punished for tapping up Academy players.

Exactly my point. Fully agree

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #1235 on: November 14, 2018, 05:13:30 pm »
Fuck the bookies
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1236 on: November 14, 2018, 05:14:26 pm »
Suarez against Evra was another one JT and others have done it but no one ever heard them.

Terry got a ban aswell. Was only 4 games but a bigger fine if I recall. I believe the reasoning was that Suarez used his term multiple times, but Terry only used his once. I don't see that as bias against Liverpool, just incompetence.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1237 on: November 14, 2018, 08:28:53 pm »
Terry got a ban aswell. Was only 4 games but a bigger fine if I recall. I believe the reasoning was that Suarez used his term multiple times, but Terry only used his once. I don't see that as bias against Liverpool, just incompetence.
dont really know about thr semantics of the whole fiasco but it was a joke on all parts even the club with their T-shirts iirc.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1238 on: November 14, 2018, 08:50:15 pm »
dont really know about thr semantics of the whole fiasco but it was a joke on all parts even the club with their T-shirts iirc.

and there are loads outside of our club who think our Suarez t-shirts was ridiculous as well

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1239 on: November 14, 2018, 08:54:10 pm »
and there are loads outside of our club who think our Suarez t-shirts was ridiculous as well

I remember that, especially when they were all in a huddle and then up popped a smiling Glen Johnson.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.