Author Topic: Where to watch the champs league final  (Read 241281 times)

Online End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Where to watch the champs league final
« Reply #120 on: May 7, 2018, 09:56:11 pm »
Got a wedding in the middle of knowhere, good mate from school.Asked if they would be sound me going out of the wedding to watch the final.
Emphatic no.
Either go or the wedding or watch the match is the scenario.

Advice??

Thanks for all the input.

Talked to him about it he was fuming just on me asking about doing it, best he could offer was going to the toilet to check the score.

Can't deal with that, so won't be going. Gutted as will probably be the end of a friendship and i'll be missing his wedding but horrible position to be put in, of picking one or the other.

No time for caution.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: May 7, 2018, 10:05:43 pm »

Talked to him about it he was fuming just on me asking about doing it, best he could offer was going to the toilet to check the score.

Can't deal with that, so won't be going. Gutted as will probably be the end of a friendship and i'll be missing his wedding but horrible position to be put in, of picking one or the other.

This is his doing, not yours
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #122 on: May 7, 2018, 10:15:56 pm »
I watched the 2007 in the Philharmonic.

I've got my name down on a flight to Kiev but we'll see
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #123 on: May 7, 2018, 10:16:49 pm »

It's the reception for fuck's sake, not the wedding!  Dude's being incredibly childish about it, considering we're talking about a once in a decade match.  Not like you're asking to watch Liverpool v Huddersfield in a league dead rubber.   ???
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: May 7, 2018, 10:18:24 pm »

Fuckin ell really?

Sounds like a proper bellend him anyway

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #125 on: May 7, 2018, 10:19:49 pm »

I cant believe your so called mate is being a prick because you want to watch the champions league final when your team is in it.I could understand if it was the ceremony but no the start of the night time function.
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #126 on: May 7, 2018, 10:28:22 pm »

Fuck the over hinged ponce off. Ye, he may be your(possible ex) mate, but Jesus titty fucking christ "go the bog for the score?" did you know this lad in school? Sounds like he was into rounders, RE and was a prefect. 
There is only one outcome here and its not watching some fucking owl swoop down and drop a bag off containing two weeding rings in. The only positive of this would be if it drops a mouse carcass turd on the bride's mams head, then attacks the lads gran. Bar that, which won't happen, fuck it off.

You miss this final and you'll regret it for the rest of your life.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: May 7, 2018, 10:34:02 pm »
Fuck the over hinged ponce off. Ye, he may be your(possible ex) mate, but Jesus titty fucking christ "go the bog for the score?" did you know this lad in school? Sounds like he was into rounders, RE and was a prefect. 
There is only one outcome here and its not watching some fucking owl swoop down and drop a bag off containing two weeding rings in. The only positive of this would be if it drops a mouse carcass turd on the bride's mams head, then attacks the lads gran. Bar that, which won't happen, fuck it off.

You miss this final and you'll regret it for the rest of your life.

Spot on, was going to type my own reply but I will endorse yours seeing as it is what I would have said. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: May 7, 2018, 10:34:30 pm »

Sounds like an absolute fucking beaut.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #129 on: May 7, 2018, 10:42:03 pm »
Sounds like an absolute fucking beaut.
Gotta be a bit of a beaut getting married during the football season full stop.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #130 on: May 7, 2018, 10:54:08 pm »
Gotta be a bit of a beaut getting married during the football season full stop.
Anyone who gets married in the football season deserves all the shit and grief that, that woman can produce, on a daily basis, culminating in a messy divorce and her taking you for every fuckin penny.

Christening bellends need not apply for a life.

Holidayers want shooting. 

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline klopptilyoudrop

• Kemlynite
    • Ryan Watts
« Reply #131 on: May 8, 2018, 12:23:58 am »

Good decision. I can't abide this sort of behaviour. If I ever get married, the most important thing for me on the day will be my friends' enjoyment. Mostly because I'll want them to enjoy themselves, on their own terms, but also because I fully understand that any other approach will reflect badly on me - and I wouldn't want to look like a fucking choad on my wedding day.

I'll raise a pint to you on the 26th!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #132 on: May 8, 2018, 08:51:29 am »
As if he said the best he can do is you can go the toilet to check the scores  ;D

Sounds a right self absorbed prick.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #133 on: May 8, 2018, 09:26:24 am »

End the friendship. I would miss a Champions League final for:

Births of a child (my own).
To get married myself.
Illness to one of my kids or one of my parents.

That's it.

I once missed one of our F.A. Cup finals to go to a wedding in France. Against West Ham.

Wasn't worth is in the end.

This year I have my son's birthday and my wife wants us up in Manchester that weekend......negotiations are ongoing!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: May 8, 2018, 09:47:52 am »
The guy sounds like a fucking idiot. You have made the right decision.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 8, 2018, 10:11:56 am »

Good choice. If he chooses to end the friendship over you missing some of the reception (not even the fucking wedding!) that says more about him than you. You can always make new friends anyway.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline murphs316

• Kopite
  • 5 Star Heros to 7 Hit Wonders
« Reply #136 on: May 8, 2018, 10:17:35 am »
So going over from Ireland so general advice is to find a pub on the saturday afternoon and sitting there all day

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #137 on: May 8, 2018, 10:39:10 am »
So going over from Ireland so general advice is to find a pub on the saturday afternoon and sitting there all day
That's my plan anyway ;D

Offline murphs316

• Kopite
  • 5 Star Heros to 7 Hit Wonders
« Reply #138 on: May 8, 2018, 10:40:09 am »
That's my plan anyway ;D

I was thinking of going to the ground but no news yet if they are screening it

Offline greebo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #139 on: May 8, 2018, 10:49:14 am »

Sounds like a right prick. He will probably be divorced next year then when he asks if he can come and watch the match with you tell him to fuck off.

Offline Big-Cisse

• Anny Roader
« Reply #140 on: May 8, 2018, 10:51:26 am »
Fuck me your mate sounds like a right drama queen. What if you had to work, or if you were overseas and couldn't make it, or if you were ill,  would he be still be such a cry arse about that?

The boy is in for a shock when there's 50 folk crowded round the screen in the bar or someones Ipad and no-one dancing!

Offline VivaElNino

• is all manure tonight
  • Main Stander
  • #MakeUsDream
« Reply #141 on: May 8, 2018, 10:51:52 am »
That's my plan anyway ;D

Yep, looks like the best bet!

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #142 on: May 8, 2018, 10:57:12 am »
Motel.

£10 in and that gets you a pint and food. Can't argue with that.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #143 on: May 8, 2018, 11:11:12 am »
Think I'm going to park myself at one of the Ropewalk bars (La'go, Peacock, Shipping Forecast) at 10am on the Saturday and plan not to leave until they kick out

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: May 8, 2018, 11:28:04 am »
Does anyone know if/when the club are going to release info on the Anfield screening? How did it work in previous rounds, was it a member only sale etc?

expect they'll announce something after the ticket sales process is done

be harsh for someone to miss out on a ticket in the ballot and then miss out on a screening too because the sale was done early

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: May 8, 2018, 11:33:57 am »
This is shocking.
Don't know the timing of the day, but if its the afternoon ceremony then by kick off you've finished the meal and speeches and it's dead time.

If they are the timings there'll be loads watching the game or wanting to watch it.
Sounds like they're overplanning and trying to control every aspect of everyone's day.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: May 8, 2018, 11:36:32 am »

Can't deal with that, so won't be going. Gutted as will probably be the end of a friendship and i'll be missing his wedding but horrible position to be put in, of picking one or the other

Am I reading this right mate ?  So you have a wedding and you'll be there all day, at the mass, all that stuff. Dinner bla bla bla - then you want to nip out and watch the match and he's not having it ?  Is he for real ? You'd think you were the only guest.
"you can;t go out and watch the match, but you can check the score when going to the toilet"
aye right pal hahahha - first fucker I ever heard of who invites people to their wedding then tells them what they can and can't do. I've been to loads of weddings where a ton of the lads go to the bar  area to watch games. Its happening. He'd want to have a word with himself the big wet lettuce
I'll bet his missus is a right c**t too. Not casting aspersions or anything like

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #147 on: May 8, 2018, 11:47:16 am »
The bit about 'the best he could offer' was going to the toilet to check the score is astounding btw, does he need to be across how often you go to the toilet too, because he's made it quite clear it's not acceptable to be out of the room for the duration of the game....maybe you need to just have a really long shite and you'll be covered.
Let's hope he points his ass in the right direction then.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #148 on: May 8, 2018, 11:49:58 am »
Am I reading this right mate ?  So you have a wedding and you'll be there all day, at the mass, all that stuff. Dinner bla bla bla - then you want to nip out and watch the match and he's not having it ?  Is he for real ? You'd think you were the only guest.
"you can;t go out and watch the match, but you can check the score when going to the toilet"
aye right pal hahahha - first fucker I ever heard of who invites people to their wedding then tells them what they can and can't do. I've been to loads of weddings where a ton of the lads go to the bar  area to watch games. Its happening. He'd want to have a word with himself the big wet lettuce
I'll bet his missus is a right c**t too. Not casting aspersions or anything like

;D ;D ;D
Dead right you are!

Once you've seen the ceremony, you can do what ever you fucking want.

Who does he think he is, Bono or the Pope?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #149 on: May 8, 2018, 11:51:12 am »
Fuck the wedding off....been to a few weddings where we've watched your standard 5.30pm PL KO. Never mind a Champions League Final! Failing that get the BT app on your phone and stream it through that also.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: May 8, 2018, 11:51:55 am »

;D ;D ;D
Dead right you are!

Aye, what a bellend hahaha. Anyway, its his wedding, he should be either full drunk or balls deep, or both, at that time of the evening anyway.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #151 on: May 8, 2018, 12:05:37 pm »
That's my plan anyway ;D

I'm heading over too on the Friday morning, any recommendations for where to go?

Anyone know if they will be showing the game at Anfield and how easy or not getting tickets might be?

Thanks  :wave

Online scottys3k

• Main Stander
« Reply #152 on: May 8, 2018, 01:45:50 pm »

;D ;D ;D
Dead right you are!

Devil's Advocate, cos i am completely on your side but if it is a place that doesnt have a TV, probably worried everyone will fuck off during the meal to watch the meal, and he'll be stood there doing ths saddest Conga Line? You're nicer than I am because i just wouldnt be going to the wedding!

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: May 8, 2018, 02:22:23 pm »
Does anyone know if BT Sport will be making this available on Freeview (as per the last couple of years) or subscription only? Does anyone know if its possible to purchase the match to watch by pay per view?

Offline jack witham

• Anny Roader
« Reply #154 on: May 8, 2018, 03:18:04 pm »
Its a pity we could not organize our own Rawk party in town for this.
All meet up in a bar centrally and be with like minded reds.
Form is temporary,Class is permanent.

Offline daj79

• Main Stander
« Reply #155 on: May 8, 2018, 03:30:57 pm »
Its a pity we could not organize our own Rawk party in town for this.
All meet up in a bar centrally and be with like minded reds.

Could you imagine the moaning at half time 😀

Hopefully there’ll be other screens in addition to the one at Anfield.

Offline kopite 1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • those were the days my friends
« Reply #156 on: May 8, 2018, 03:38:32 pm »
big screen in concert square would be pretty good
support the fight for justice dont buy the sun

jft96

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: May 8, 2018, 04:56:18 pm »
Essex boy coming up to Liverpool to watch it with my brother, best mate and my old man. Recommendations of where to watch would be great, would love a good atmosphere but my old man is getting on a bit so maybe not somewhere where you can't move it's so rammed!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #158 on: May 8, 2018, 04:59:59 pm »
big screen in concert square would be pretty good

Yeah I've no idea why the city aren't organising a few outside screens.

Online ChrisOH

• Main Stander
« Reply #159 on: May 8, 2018, 05:02:40 pm »
What's all the beef with the Camp and Furnace? The £11 will get you a drinks and a food token and it seemed like a good idea to be all ticketed due to having to turn people away an hour before kick-off for the Roma game. Been to all but one of our knock out games in there and it's been great each time. As for the person who posted a video of 6 people out of hundreds holding their phones up for a game a few years ago... it's 2018, deal with it.
Ye wha la.