Author Topic: I got a 'caution' on the train......  (Read 14138 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: I got a 'caution' on the train......
« Reply #40 on: November 6, 2009, 10:51:01 am »
I understand why your not allowed to put your feet on the seats and thats fine.

But i just think its so tempting to stretch your legs out and relax, especially when your over 6ft tall. The empty opposite seat looks at you and you can almost hear it "straight legs, oooh it would be lovely to have straight legs, sitting back with your feet up oooooooooh lovely".

So is the general idea, that you CAN do it, but just not with your shoes on?

I usually stick a newspaper or something like that under my feet. Not sure I really want to sit where some people's stinking socks or bare feet have been. ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Pheeny

« Reply #41 on: November 6, 2009, 10:51:32 am »
one of the things I hate most is seeing people with their feet on seats.So good on "Mr Jobsworth"

Offline pantbash

• is single and likely to remain that way
  • Kopite
  • A Bacchanalian - Still persecuted since BC
« Reply #42 on: November 6, 2009, 10:56:42 am »
Assuming there is lots of space, I put my rucksack on the seat opposite.
Then put my feet on that.

So best of both worlds & can be no justifiable complaint.
(assuming no foot to seat contact then its all good.)
Atheism (from Greek, "athos" meaning 'hell', "eios" meaning 'demon' or 'Satan', and "ismos" meaning Liberal, literally "Satan's Liberal Helldemon")

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 6, 2009, 10:58:48 am »
And I just love people who sit on the aisle seat and put a bag on the window seat!!!

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #44 on: November 6, 2009, 11:00:14 am »
one of the things I hate most is seeing people with their feet on seats.So good on "Mr Jobsworth"

Precious plum syndrome is a pet hate of mine. Blokes who sit in the middle of a bench seat on a train whose nuts are so precious they have to sit with their legs spread to avoid constricting their gonads - in the process consticting the space to either side. Frankly their cojones are not worth displaying to the whole carriage. They are the same inconsiderate arseholes that with a free choice, choose to use the middle urinal of 3.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 6, 2009, 11:00:59 am »

I've always meant to say... your username always makes me smile for some reason..... :)

Offline billy-b

• Gullible
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: November 6, 2009, 05:13:35 pm »
Aww poor diddums,did the nasty inspector man upset you? a bit of sharia law needed for scumbags like you lets see you put your dogshit clogged shoes on the seats then!

Offline Istanbulievable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 6, 2009, 05:24:05 pm »
Aww poor diddums,did the nasty inspector man upset you? a bit of sharia law needed for scumbags like you lets see you put your dogshit clogged shoes on the seats then!

Erm.........no he didn't upset me at all.  I found it all quite laughable and pathetic really.

Offline billy-b

• Gullible
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48 on: November 6, 2009, 05:29:32 pm »
Erm.........no he didn't upset me at all.  I found it all quite laughable and pathetic really.
Your attitude do'snt surprise me.

Offline pascoli

• Shit Googler & Easily Amused Bar Steward...
  • Legacy Fan
  • PER ARDUA AD ASTRA
« Reply #49 on: November 6, 2009, 05:40:01 pm »
I had one of them beauts on me case the other day gettin the train from Hunts Cross to Waterloo.

I was sat in one of them seats where opposite me theres like a plastic ledge either side of the actual seat.
I had me toes restin on the plastic bits so i could use me knees at the right angle to comfortably balance the paper and read it.

Next minute i heard  "Feet off the seats please son".

I was half stoned anyways so i just ignored it assumin some kids near me.

Then I heard.   "Feet off the seat or you're gettin a caution"

I turned around to look at that stage, only cos i was expectin this fella to get a tirade of abuse from some hoodie wearin Speke heads.
Only then did i realise he was talkiin to me.
I quite politely replied "Sorry mate, didnt realise you were takin to me then, I avent got me feet on the seats though."
He told me "Right, thats enough cheek from you, whats yer name and address"

At this stage it could of gone a number of different ways.  I decided the most favourable one was the one that caused ME the least grief, so i'm sorry to admit that I simply stood up and exited the train at Baliol Road, and waited an other 19 minutes for the next train.

IN a complete contrast to how things normally work out for me, i simply boarded the next train and reached my intended final destination with no additional fuss.

Suprisingly enough.

INTERNET TERRORIST. AND PROUD TOO.

Offline Istanbulievable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 6, 2009, 05:45:16 pm »
Your attitude do'snt surprise me.

oooooook then!

Offline Perkins

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepare to be Skrtelised
« Reply #51 on: November 6, 2009, 08:00:38 pm »
I would have refused to give him my name, the reason for this is that I am dead hard.
To avoid murdering each other, you'll have to keep yourselves anaesthetised with DVD boxsets and the occasional holiday. Life partner? Joy thief, more like

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: November 6, 2009, 08:56:16 pm »
I would have refused to give him my name, the reason for this is that I am dead hard.
Is the right thing to do, and if he kicks off, get off at the next stop and get the next train?
psn = Lents123

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: November 6, 2009, 10:44:12 pm »
tomorrow its knocking off brave policemen's helmets
Don't think that's neccessary :P

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #54 on: November 6, 2009, 10:56:13 pm »
I suggest you get the bus next time - then when you fancy putting your trotters up you can rest them on the shoulders of the person infront of you!  ;)
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 6, 2009, 11:21:38 pm »
Got off fucking lightly if you ask me. Here's what happened to the last fucker I found with his feet up on the train.  :no

Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: November 6, 2009, 11:27:09 pm »
I was half stoned anyways ....

You're like that bird in American Pie with her "One time, at Band Camp ...." Your tales always have " Anyway, I was a bit stoned...." in them. Had to laugh there pascoli mate   :D
Macca resplendent!

Offline macca888

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: November 6, 2009, 11:33:55 pm »
For all those people moaning about dirty shoes, would you rather sit on a seat where someone had just had their scabby trainers on it or one where Shit-yer-kecks Taggart had been sitting?
Macca resplendent!

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: November 6, 2009, 11:39:29 pm »
To be fair, you would be pretty fucked off if you were on the way to an interview and you realised that your pants were covered in shite because of some twat putting they're feet up on the train with dirty shoes on, for example.

Although it is so very tempting when you stretching out with empty seats infront of you.

PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline Perkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: November 6, 2009, 11:50:03 pm »
This is one of the great debates of our time
To avoid murdering each other, you'll have to keep yourselves anaesthetised with DVD boxsets and the occasional holiday. Life partner? Joy thief, more like

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #60 on: November 8, 2009, 10:40:55 am »
I always put my feet up if theres room

Offline Stevie-G

• Kopite
  • "IT'S WONDERFUL, IT'S MARVELOUS, ITS 3-3!"
« Reply #61 on: November 8, 2009, 11:08:19 am »
As already mentioned, just be glad you got away with a caution, mate. I did the same thing about 2 years ago when i was 17 and received a non-negotiable fine.

Meanwhile, im on the train the next day and on come a group of lads with a can of alcohol in each of their hands and surprise surprise, no inspectors to be seen.
" WE GO AGAIN! "

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: November 8, 2009, 11:09:50 am »
Can't stand Merseyrail to be honest, I've had three Ł20 fines from them. Some of the ticket inspectors are really sound and use common sense, especially late at night when there's hardly anybody on the train. There's been times when I've only been on the train for 2 or 3 stops late at night and haven't bothered to get a ticket when it almost certainly won't be checked. Usually if the inspector comes he'll just tell me to not do it again but occassionaly you end up with some narky bastard who's only intention is to piss other people off rather than apply a bit of common sense.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 8, 2009, 11:15:52 am »
Got off fucking lightly if you ask me. Here's what happened to the last fucker I found with his feet up on the train.  :no

I HAD A DREAM LOUIS ARMSTRONG WAS TRYNA KILL ME!

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: November 8, 2009, 12:56:01 pm »
There's been times when I've only been on the train for 2 or 3 stops late at night and haven't bothered to get a ticket when it almost certainly won't be checked. Usually if the inspector comes he'll just tell me to not do it again but occassionaly you end up with some narky bastard who's only intention is to piss other people off rather than apply a bit of common sense.

Imgine a train inspector trying to make someone buy a ticket to ride on the train! They're quite literally worse than Hitler.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #65 on: November 8, 2009, 01:08:09 pm »
Imgine a train inspector trying to make someone buy a ticket to ride on the train! They're quite literally worse than Hitler.

Worse. Hitler made the trains run on time. The little Nazi inspectors keep stopping trains to throw people without tickets off. Plus since when did ticket inspectors provide convict labour to maintain the track? The inspectors are clearly demonstrably worse than Hitler.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 8, 2009, 02:14:02 pm »
Always wondered about these cautions. Do they ask for ID or swipe your Oyster card in case you give them false details?
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: November 8, 2009, 02:31:30 pm »
Worse. Hitler made the trains run on time. The little Nazi inspectors keep stopping trains to throw people without tickets off. Plus since when did ticket inspectors provide convict labour to maintain the track? The inspectors are clearly demonstrably worse than Hitler.

And Hitler did used to give some people free rides on trains, I suppose...
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #68 on: November 8, 2009, 03:00:02 pm »
And Hitler did used to give some people free rides on trains, I suppose...
No, the Nazi bastards cynically charged a one way ticket.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_train

"Most of the Jews were forced to pay for their own transportation, particularly where passenger carriages were used. This payment came in the form of direct money paid to the SS, in light of the "resettlement to work in the East" myth. Charged in the ghettos for accommodation, the Jews paid for a full one-way ticket,[13] while children under 10–12 years of age paid half price. Those who were running out of money in the ghetto were shipped to the East first, while those with some supplies of gold and cash were shipped last.

The SS also paid the German Transport Authority to pay the German Railways to transport Jews. The Reichsbahn was paid the equivalent of a third class train ticket for every prisoner transported to the final destination:[7]

0.5 pfennig X 8,000,000 prisoners X 600 km (pro media of voyage length) = 240 million Reichmarks
The Reichsbahn pocketed both this money and their share, after the SS fees, of the money paid by the transported.
"
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #69 on: November 8, 2009, 03:05:45 pm »
No, the Nazi bastards cynically charged a one way ticket.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_train

"Most of the Jews were forced to pay for their own transportation, particularly where passenger carriages were used. This payment came in the form of direct money paid to the SS, in light of the "resettlement to work in the East" myth. Charged in the ghettos for accommodation, the Jews paid for a full one-way ticket,[13] while children under 10–12 years of age paid half price. Those who were running out of money in the ghetto were shipped to the East first, while those with some supplies of gold and cash were shipped last.

The SS also paid the German Transport Authority to pay the German Railways to transport Jews. The Reichsbahn was paid the equivalent of a third class train ticket for every prisoner transported to the final destination:[7]

0.5 pfennig X 8,000,000 prisoners X 600 km (pro media of voyage length) = 240 million Reichmarks
The Reichsbahn pocketed both this money and their share, after the SS fees, of the money paid by the transported.
"

merseyrail could learn a lot from those lads
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 8, 2009, 03:11:12 pm »
My shoes are cleaner than a train's seat, fact.
Ass vs feet, ass vs feet?

Offline jarg of pickled onions

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: November 8, 2009, 03:14:19 pm »
I bet they're the talk of the Warcraft forums with those unforms!

Although nobody wants to sit down in the previous passenger's dogshit, so I can see both arguments.

Offline Perkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: November 8, 2009, 03:47:41 pm »
The bit I don't get about charging the Jewish prisoners to be transported was that they were made to give up anything of value before execution anyway.

Offline Istanbulievable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: November 8, 2009, 04:12:07 pm »
Always wondered about these cautions. Do they ask for ID or swipe your Oyster card in case you give them false details?

They asked my name, asked if I had I.D. (which I did), then they phone up someone to check the details I've given are correct (address etc).  I assume they do the same even if you don't have I.D.

You need to have a valid address which matches the name you give.

Offline jarg of pickled onions

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: November 8, 2009, 04:45:45 pm »
Anyone see the story of that 19 year-old scout leader that was taken to court for it a couple of years ago? What a waste of time and money. Dead hard picking on a teenage girl. A gang of scals get on with cans of Stella and start puffing away and the four-eyed bastards hide in the guard's compartment!

Offline donut

• and wants to stay one... unfunny twat...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: November 8, 2009, 05:42:01 pm »
The bit I don't get about charging the Jewish prisoners to be transported was that they were made to give up anything of value before execution anyway.

To help prevent panic? If they knew they were going somewhere for free, paid for by the Nazis then I'd imagine they'd think it a little bit suspicious.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #76 on: November 9, 2009, 08:41:14 am »
They asked my name, asked if I had I.D. (which I did), then they phone up someone to check the details I've given are correct (address etc).  I assume they do the same even if you don't have I.D.

You need to have a valid address which matches the name you give.
What happens if your homeless?

Offline pistol

• ot of the time
  • Legacy Fan
  • My cat's name is mittens
« Reply #77 on: November 9, 2009, 10:09:15 am »
Meanwhile, im on the train the next day and on come a group of lads with a can of alcohol in each of their hands and surprise surprise, no inspectors to be seen.

Alcohol on a train?  Scumbags.

Offline Stevie-G

• Kopite
  • "IT'S WONDERFUL, IT'S MARVELOUS, ITS 3-3!"
« Reply #78 on: November 9, 2009, 11:29:42 am »
Alcohol on a train?  Scumbags.

Wouldn't really bother me if it remained in their hands, though. Yelling at the top of their voices for the full 30 minute trip and one of them purposely spilling some over the head of some poor man minding his own business.
" WE GO AGAIN! "

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: November 9, 2009, 12:22:03 pm »
Whenever I'm on the train for a few hours, and it's not very busy, I usually stick my feet on the opposite chair and grab a couple hours kip. However, I do something, really, really, clever, something out of this world, that almost no one thinks of, because it's so clever.

I take my shoes off.

So passengers have a choice of either sitting on dirty seats or putting up with stinky feet?  Glad I have a car! :)
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager