Author Topic: NFL Fantasy League  (Read 65222 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NFL Fantasy League
« Reply #40 on: August 2, 2019, 03:20:10 am »
One problem though, I can't create both leagues, as that would mean I would be in both leagues. So someone else is going to have to do one

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #41 on: August 2, 2019, 08:34:54 am »
One problem though, I can't create both leagues, as that would mean I would be in both leagues. So someone else is going to have to do one

I can maybe set up the second division (happy to be in it), if i can find my password  ;)

Just let me know who invite/add when the time is right.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #42 on: August 2, 2019, 08:57:14 am »
Are we set on 16 teams? That might make it an easier draft anyway so we could keep it at that. We could still have 2 divisions so that you play everyone twice.

If we could get 4 more players then two 10 team leagues would be perfect, otherwise maybe one league would be fine?
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: August 2, 2019, 09:01:37 am »
16 teams with 1 draft makes players unbelievably thin on the ground. We did it last year and there was never anybody on waivers if a player got injured. I wouldn’t fancy it again.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: August 2, 2019, 09:20:19 am »
16 teams with 1 draft makes players unbelievably thin on the ground. We did it last year and there was never anybody on waivers if a player got injured. I wouldn’t fancy it again.

Fair enough, but it was 20 teams last year. So that would be an additional 300 players on the waivers, with everyone's picks that much higher too!
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #45 on: August 2, 2019, 09:50:50 am »
I'm not in it, but my experience tuppence.... a 16 team league is just about manageable. however, if your splitting into two leagues - 8 is too few.

Likely have least one spot left in the long-running keeper league by the way.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 2, 2019, 10:12:26 am »
I'm not in it, but my experience tuppence.... a 16 team league is just about manageable. however, if your splitting into two leagues - 8 is too few.

Likely have least one spot left in the long-running keeper league by the way.

That is my fear too. I've played 8 team leagues before and everyone is stacked. Takes away a lot of the need to follow the NFL in as much detail which is most of the fun anyway.

I'd be up for a keeper league, haven't played before. Got a link so I can read through the rules or maybe you could PM over them / what the general format is.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 2, 2019, 10:19:33 am »

Would it be a fair bit better with 4 teams less do you think? Or negligible difference?

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #48 on: August 2, 2019, 12:48:24 pm »
There is 20 on the site now. Maybe split it into two leagues?

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 2, 2019, 12:50:49 pm »
That's we're trying to do we only have 16 people at present so lets wait a bit if we can get 4 others.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 2, 2019, 12:57:09 pm »
Sorry guys but why is a fantasy NFL league so much hassle compared to a footy one?

Not being funny, just wondering why?

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #51 on: August 2, 2019, 01:00:40 pm »
Are we doing away with Tight Ends this year, & a few others like defence, as there's only a handful of quality TE, plus it's harder & harder for defence, most seem to be conceding average 20 to 30 points a game?
#Sausages

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 2, 2019, 01:05:11 pm »
Are we doing away with Tight Ends this year, & a few others like defence, as there's only a handful of quality TE, plus it's harder & harder for defence, most seem to be conceding average 20 to 30 points a game?

It's up to you guys, but I've never played without a TE.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 2, 2019, 01:06:50 pm »
Sorry guys but why is a fantasy NFL league so much hassle compared to a footy one?

Not being funny, just wondering why?

What do you find challenging with it in comparison Pete?

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 2, 2019, 01:12:32 pm »
What do you find challenging with it in comparison Pete?

Not sure mate I've not even seen the NFL fantasy platform yet or how we pick our players and how scoring works.  I'm a gimp newbie but want to play.

Just lots of chat in here saying 20 players wont work and split it into 2 leagues etc.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 2, 2019, 01:23:19 pm »
Not sure mate I've not even seen the NFL fantasy platform yet or how we pick our players and how scoring works.  I'm a gimp newbie but want to play.

Just lots of chat in here saying 20 players wont work and split it into 2 leagues etc.

The system for picking players is a randomized draft , which is done until everyone has picked for their entire side. The positions you pick are quarterback,running back,wide receiver, tight end,kicker and defense [instead of individual defensive players you pick an entire team's defense and you are allocated points based on their performance, how many points they allow per game, how many interceptions,fumbles,sacks they have through out the game for instance. They too can also score if they have an interception which ends up being returned by the defensive player for a touchdown]

For a touchdown it's usually 6 points per scoring player [quarterback,running back,wide receiver, and tight end]. You get a point per every 10 yards gained by each player [for instance if you have a receiver that catches the ball and has a 60 yard run/ball is thrown over 60 yards upon the place he catches it, you would get 6 points for that play] A kicker gets 1 point for converting the field goal after a touchdown and 3 points for converting a field goal that is not as of a result of a touchdown.

If the player loses the ball in any shape or form [even if the team recovers the ball] you get points taken away from that said particular player, usually it's minus 1 point.  overall that's totaled up for your total team points

The problem we had last season with 20 team was the pool of players was thin and there were a lot of crap players on most of the teams.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #56 on: August 2, 2019, 01:24:59 pm »
Quick heads up here, defacto but i think the scoring system has changed by default. We can have the other but as commissioner you’d have to change it to standard scoring.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #57 on: August 2, 2019, 01:26:13 pm »

We have a draft, round 1 is from 1st to last player, then round 2 is reverse order & so on until everyone has a full team, you can have picks on auto draft but you might get shite picks.

Running Backs are the best scorers, try & pick them first then wide receivers, quarterbacks & so on, you also concede points for fumbles, turnovers, heres the scoring system

https://digitalcare.nfl.com/hc/en-us/articles/215282437-Scoring
#Sausages

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 2, 2019, 01:45:11 pm »
Are the NFL Official emails today just auto generated ones to get us to re-do last year's league?

Or did you set something up defacto?

Guessing it's the first one, since we probably need to nail down numbers first.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 2, 2019, 01:47:23 pm »
I was messing around with it, I reactivated it to see the standings from last year and deleted it afterwards.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: August 2, 2019, 01:52:52 pm »
I was messing around with it, I reactivated it to see the standings from last year and deleted it afterwards.

Ah cool, cheers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: August 2, 2019, 01:53:34 pm »
Quick heads up here, defacto but i think the scoring system has changed by default. We can have the other but as commissioner you’d have to change it to standard scoring.

Cheers gerry

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 2, 2019, 01:58:23 pm »
I can't find Helsinki Reds account, and the search function is so bad for usernames. Feel like they earned an invite!

I know we already have 16, but Trend said he hates the sport soo... ;D

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: August 2, 2019, 02:01:08 pm »
Ah ok!! so we have a draft to pick our teams. This now makes much more sense.

So do we have a draft on here then register our respective  teams on the NFL.COM fantasy game? Or is the draft built into the Fantasy game platform?

Cheers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: August 2, 2019, 02:05:26 pm »
Ah ok!! so we have a draft to pick our teams. This now makes much more sense.

So do we have a draft on here then register our respective  teams on the NFL.COM fantasy game? Or is the draft built into the Fantasy game platform?

Cheers

The draft is built into the fantasy game, and we set up a time when the draft takes place, so you can pick your players live, or if you cant make it for that particular time, you can pre-arrange your picks.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: August 2, 2019, 02:08:30 pm »
Brilliant thanks mate

Cheers Statto for your scoring explanation too.

I’m good now :)

My NFL fantasy username is BuckPete if you need to add me to a league. Ta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 2, 2019, 02:28:26 pm »
Brilliant thanks mate

Once it's set up I'll post the code for everyone to join in the league :)

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #67 on: August 2, 2019, 02:38:36 pm »
Brilliant thanks mate

No problem, also look out for Tight Ends if we have them, they can be as good as Wide Receivers, although there's only a handful of them that's real quality though, & Rob Gronkowski has now retired.
#Sausages

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 2, 2019, 02:55:40 pm »
No problem, also look out for Tight Ends if we have them, they can be as good as Wide Receivers, although there's only a handful of them that's real quality though, & Rob Gronkowski has now retired.

George Kittle baby :)

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: August 2, 2019, 03:03:55 pm »
https://draftwizard.fantasypros.com/football/mock-draft-simulator/

Give this a go. You can pick your settings and try out drafting quickly to get the hang of it. Plus you get a grade at the end to see how you improve, and see how other teams graded too so you can see what they did that you can learn from.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: August 2, 2019, 03:43:17 pm »
I'd rather be in an 8 team league than a 16 team league but happy to go along with the majority.

Put another way, I'd rather be spoiled for choice than picking the bones!

I believe last year we mentioned dropping tight ends but if it's now PPR I think keeping them is fine. Dropping DEF would be nice but again, happy to go along with the majority here.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #71 on: August 2, 2019, 08:19:07 pm »
8 team league is to easy though, for me all about finding that gem of a pick.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #72 on: August 3, 2019, 01:05:00 am »
Just make sure to put me in a group with deFacto --- the telepathy of draft selection should be passed on into football.

- No Jags, No Party
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Conchis

• Main Stander
« Reply #73 on: August 3, 2019, 11:14:03 am »
I'll happily get involved if there are still places available.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: August 3, 2019, 12:26:46 pm »
Definitely should keep tight ends or go three wide receiver league and have tight ends as potential flex options.

I’d drop kickers if anything.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: August 4, 2019, 12:28:03 am »
Conchis makes 17, surely we can get 3 more?

I can't figure out what happened to last year's thread to find out who signed up, do they delete them when the league ends or something?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 4, 2019, 12:34:35 am »

1 - KillieRed
2 - Gerry Attrick
3 - mikey_lfc
4 - Claus
5 - DeFacto
6 - Classycarra
7 - mc red 22
8 - red viper
9 - statto red
10 - Buck Pete
11 - Trend
12 - MR F
13 - Stoa
14 - God's left boot
15 - Rob K
16 - LFC 1981
17 -  Conchis
18 -
19 -
20 -

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: August 4, 2019, 12:34:59 am »
Conchis makes 17, surely we can get 3 more?

I can't figure out what happened to last year's thread to find out who signed up, do they delete them when the league ends or something?

It's in the NFL thread in the general sport section.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 4, 2019, 12:37:07 am »
Has anyone Pm'd Trev? :)

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: August 4, 2019, 12:38:07 am »
It's in the NFL thread in the general sport section.

How inconvenient!

Hey Claus, fuck off.