Author Topic: Raheem Shaquille Sterling  (Read 675014 times)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Raheem Sterling
« Reply #480 on: December 1, 2013, 04:25:54 pm »
his 1st touch is abysmal, but he has time on his side and he needs to be loaned out asap to a championship side, not good or strong enough for this league
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: December 1, 2013, 04:26:45 pm »
Over rated. 

Offline rushie9

• Kopite
  • FAN FAN
« Reply #482 on: December 1, 2013, 04:26:56 pm »
with skill without any football sense. ...yes.. not even SWP..
FAN= with one eye open to see all the goodies of a player, with the other eye and ear shut....

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: December 1, 2013, 04:27:24 pm »
People are forgetting that he was actually good for us beginning of last season. For whatever reason, he seems to have regressed quite a bit.

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #484 on: December 1, 2013, 04:27:58 pm »
Was poor in the 1st half but seemed a lot better in the 2nd. Tried quite a few things and constantly created space for others.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #485 on: December 1, 2013, 04:28:14 pm »
Pace merchant.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: December 1, 2013, 04:28:34 pm »
The level of hype was unfair to him to begin with - and the same could be said for a lot of our youngsters, both present and past.

Still a lot of potential in there, though.

Think he would really benefit from a loan deal to get some regular football.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: December 1, 2013, 04:28:46 pm »
He needs to play regularly. Some frankly shameful comments in here though.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #488 on: December 1, 2013, 04:31:19 pm »
People are forgetting that he was actually good for us beginning of last season. For whatever reason, he seems to have regressed quite a bit.
Yep. I remember what I saw and there was definitely something there. His regression is not uncommon when it comes to ridiculously young players at a big club. He is not gaining any new skills with these disappointing minutes of gameplay with us, nor is he being able to provide us with any significant help. A loan seems the best option for both parties. I hope it happens soon, because I can easily see his being dismissed and not being able to come back.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #489 on: December 1, 2013, 04:31:46 pm »
Were spurs not happy to pay like £7-9m for him? I'd be giving Levy a call tonight to give him an option buy.

He's so over rated its ridiculous. Every time he plays he looks completely out of his depth and has done for about 9 months now.

He either needs to be sold or loaned out to get experience but he shouldn't be within 5 miles of our first team squad, never mind starting!

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: December 1, 2013, 04:33:14 pm »
Offers nothing.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #491 on: December 1, 2013, 04:33:34 pm »
He was perhaps overrated by some, but he isn't as bad as some are making him out, get a grip. But he's not good enough to be starting either. 15-20 minutes as an impact sub is at most what we can expect from him.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: December 1, 2013, 04:35:27 pm »

Yup you're right. I was critical but feel guilty now. He is 18 ... Enough said.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #493 on: December 1, 2013, 04:36:38 pm »
That was his first time on the pitch since the middle of October, when he got 8 minutes. He hasn't really got any games since September, and they were off the bench. He comes in, he's rusty, absolute fucking tools bang on about how shite or overrated he is, he goes out of the team. He doesn't go out on loan, he doesn't get a run, he doesn't develop. He's just back out until he's back in, and when he is everyone can point out how he hasn't developed as quickly as he does on the computer.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: December 1, 2013, 04:37:38 pm »
Too much like Aaron Lennon, all pace, no end product.

Let's hope he gets much better asap.

Pheeny

« Reply #495 on: December 1, 2013, 04:38:40 pm »
He's shit and has been everytime he's played this season.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: December 1, 2013, 04:39:22 pm »

I would like him to get minutes here and there for us, he should have done already this season against the likes of West Brom and Fulham when we were coasting. I don't think it helps to start him in a match such as this after he's not been playing much. Saying that, some bellends need to get off his back and recognise he's still a young kid.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: December 1, 2013, 04:39:27 pm »
That was his first time on the pitch since the middle of October, when he got 8 minutes. He hasn't really got any games since September, and they were off the bench. He comes in, he's rusty, absolute fucking tools bang on about how shite or overrated he is, he goes out of the team. He doesn't go out on loan, he doesn't get a run, he doesn't develop. He's just back out until he's back in, and when he is everyone can point out how he hasn't developed as quickly as he does on the computer.
Why didn't we just loan him out and keep Downing for a year till Sterling gets more experienced?
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #498 on: December 1, 2013, 04:42:40 pm »
He's shit and has been everytime he's played this season.

How many times has he started? Disgraceful, the abuse he's getting while the likes of Lucas, Johnson, Skrtel get away with horrendous performances.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: December 1, 2013, 04:42:46 pm »
He is a talent but needs games, his sharpness was non existent. Needs more confidence as well. Loan.

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: December 1, 2013, 04:43:42 pm »
Is a general victim of the coming winter break - every top team will be resting players and today was out day it seems. And Sterling has not played - not in reserves, not in first team. Todays fuck up was almost a result of the coming winter break where players risk burnout going into the latter stages - that, cannot happen. So Sterling is thrown in.

He's not overrated - there are plenty of people who have big hopes for him, but he needs time to bring those hopes to fruition. He can't just be dismissed as a shit wright-phillips everytime he comes on as rusty as a farmers pitchfork. I agree that equally much of it is down to him, but he is still very young - the youngest player in our first team. Think about that.

And if anyone compares Suso to Sterling again... christ. Suso is playing for a team in the fucking relegation zone, Sterling is trying to get a place in a team that stands in third place in the strongest league in the world.
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: December 1, 2013, 04:44:15 pm »
Poor touch
Weak
Lacks positional sense, quite often looked lost.
Offers no goal threat
Can't cross
Can't shoot

his age is the only reason he's at Liverpool and the only reason he isn't being hounded. Showing no signs of progression, he's actually gone backwards. I question his attitude. Smacks of a player getting a contract and thinking "I've made it". I'll give him a year and if he's no better sell him to a championship side.

This. He is last.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: December 1, 2013, 04:44:30 pm »

I can understand people wanting to defend him, but remember he has already had 2 years since all the fuss about him to improve a bit, whether he has played much or not and can you honestly say you have seen any improvement at all??

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: December 1, 2013, 04:45:37 pm »
I can understand people wanting to defend him, but remember he has already had 2 years since all the fuss about him to improve a bit, whether he has played much or not and can you honestly say you have seen any improvement at all??

How can you improve without games?

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #504 on: December 1, 2013, 04:45:56 pm »
Why didn't we just loan him out and keep Downing for a year till Sterling gets more experienced?
Because Downing was the personification of evil, whose losing mentality apparently affected everyone within 5 miles of Anfield Road, severely hampering our chances of winning even if he didn't play.

It would be the most reasonable alternative, really. Selling Downing obviously left us very, very short on that position. We might not be feeling it so far because we actually changed the formation and we haven't been really playing with wingers, but it took an injury to an injury-prone player to bring forth the reality that is our lack of depth.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: December 1, 2013, 04:46:26 pm »

In training according to our manager himself.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #506 on: December 1, 2013, 04:46:38 pm »

I have no idea about the first bit. He was involved, albeit only as a sub at the start of the season, but not much at all since September. We expect him to develop by playing off the bench every few weeks, and by starting for England's U21s against fucking San Marino?

The talent thing is bollocks really. He's played with Suso and outperfomed him (no he hasn't wah wah wah - he has), he plays with the England U21s - most of whom are playing regular Premiership football - and he'll be one of the better players. He's a player they all go to to build attacks (and now Morrison too), so he's not a bad player. You can say he is, but stick him with his peers and he stands out as one of the better players. So what is he gaining from playing once every six weeks, or getting 10 minute cameos?

Maybe they think he's too emotionally immature to send on loan. Maybe they think - with good reason - that our squad has very little quality in depth and that we could use him. Fuck knows. He could be off playing at a decent level week in, week out and developing though. Hasn't been much sign of him doing that hanging around the Liverpool training pitch this season.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #507 on: December 1, 2013, 04:46:58 pm »

Both points are massively applicable.

Offline Kali Yuga

• Anny Roader
« Reply #508 on: December 1, 2013, 04:47:39 pm »
People saying he's got a rubbish first touch. I remember people praising his first touch last season. So, you know.

For me he needs a loan to refine his game and find his feet again - away from the spotlight at Liverpool.
You can cage an animal, but you'll never take away the rage.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: December 1, 2013, 04:48:32 pm »
In training according to our manager himself.

Only to a certain point though. To take your game to the next level, you need to be challenged, and challenged regularly.

Badly needs a loan.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: December 1, 2013, 04:48:53 pm »

You can't improve massively, but my point is he doesn't seem to have improved a jot, which is not exactly what you would expect from all the training he gets.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #511 on: December 1, 2013, 04:49:31 pm »
People saying he's got a rubbish first touch. I remember people praising his first touch last season. So, you know.

For me he needs a loan to refine his game and find his feet again - away from the spotlight at Liverpool.

Seems like a players first touch would be one of the first things to fuck off through a lack of actually playing games.

Almost as if there's a connection.

Offline Kali Yuga

• Anny Roader
« Reply #512 on: December 1, 2013, 04:50:16 pm »
Seems like a players first touch would be one of the first things to fuck off through a lack of actually playing games.

Almost as if there's a connection.

Almost, yeah. But why think about these things when we can just trash him completely.
You can cage an animal, but you'll never take away the rage.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: December 1, 2013, 04:50:23 pm »
I have no idea about the first bit. He was involved, albeit only as a sub at the start of the season, but not much at all since September. We expect him to develop by playing off the bench every few weeks, and by starting for England's U21s against fucking San Marino?

The talent thing is bollocks really. He's played with Suso and outperfomed him (no he hasn't wah wah wah - he has), he plays with the England U21s - most of whom are playing regular Premiership football - and he'll be one of the better players. He's a player they all go to to build attacks (and now Morrison too), so he's not a bad player. You can say he is, but stick him with his peers and he stands out as one of the better players. So what is he gaining from playing once every six weeks, or getting 10 minute cameos?

Maybe they think he's too emotionally immature to send on loan. Maybe they think - with good reason - that our squad has very little quality in depth and that we could use him. Fuck knows. He could be off playing at a decent level week in, week out and developing though. Hasn't been much sign of him doing that hanging around the Liverpool training pitch this season.

He definitely is seen as a good squad member and with the only competition after the main 3 for him Moses and Aspas it's no surprise he has stayed. This I guess is the flip side of no Europe, lack of games for fringe players.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: December 1, 2013, 04:50:55 pm »
Needs a loan
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: December 1, 2013, 04:53:31 pm »
You can't improve massively, but my point is he doesn't seem to have improved a jot, which is not exactly what you would expect from all the training he gets.

Sterling was looking in sharp in preseason and I thought he would definitely push on.

I think the injuries set him back a bit, and all that legal nonsense he got into wouldn't have helped his focus either.

Easy to forget how young he actually is.

Offline Shite Name

• With a post history to match it.
  • Kopite
« Reply #516 on: December 1, 2013, 04:53:41 pm »
Has he been arsed since he got his fat contract?

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: December 1, 2013, 04:53:45 pm »
Needs games. He is not good enough to play for us at the moment so he has to go on loan.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: December 1, 2013, 04:54:11 pm »
Only to a certain point though. To take your game to the next level, you need to be challenged, and challenged regularly.

Badly needs a loan.

Yeah but he is struggling with basics. And he has been since the first few games of his career. Without romanticising his appearances last season, after about the first five or six games, he really started to drop off. Picked up briefly and then fell flat again and since then it's been a downward spiral.

All the things being said about him now could have equally been said about Macheda and look where he has ended up now. Just the comfort level he exhibits on the ball as opposed to Barkley last week is shocking. This is supposed to be a skillful player and his touch is terrible, dribbling is awful and I can't remember when he last beat his marker regularly in a game.

It appears he got figured out as a pace merchant without any top end speed and a decent turn on him and as soon as defenders started standing off him a little bit, he has been terrible. It's his apparent lack of technique and comfort on the ball that worries me. Other things can be developed later. Technical ability should already be there at his age.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: December 1, 2013, 04:56:27 pm »
Yeah but he is struggling with basics. And he has been since the first few games of his career. Without romanticising his appearances last season, after about the first five or six games, he really started to drop off. Picked up briefly and then fell flat again and since then it's been a downward spiral.

All the things being said about him now could have equally been said about Macheda and look where he has ended up now. Just the comfort level he exhibits on the ball as opposed to Barkley last week is shocking. This is supposed to be a skillful player and his touch is terrible, dribbling is awful and I can't remember when he last beat his marker regularly in a game.

It appears he got figured out as a pace merchant without any top end speed and a decent turn on him and as soon as defenders started standing off him a little bit, he has been terrible. It's his apparent lack of technique and comfort on the ball that worries me. Other things can be developed later. Technical ability should already be there at his age.

You're judging his technical ability on today though, where he's made his first start since..?

Not too long ago people were lauding him for his decision making and technical ability on the ball.