Author Topic: BT Sport  (Read 179504 times)

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Re: BT Sport
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2013, 05:18:32 pm »
Only problem I have with Infinity is that torrenting during the day is a no no, my downloads crawl along at something like 0.1Mb/s - regular internet not affected at all, including legal downloads, streaming, gaming e.t.c

That is very odd as BT's site says Infinity is not throttled at all.

This is the one thing stopping me switching from Sky - you get different answers as to whether BT Infinity is throttled or not.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: BT Sport
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2013, 05:33:23 pm »
Not going to happen guys, easy enough to check if there are multiple locations logged in at once.

Cool, thanks.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2013, 07:13:02 pm »
Just phoned up as I have the standard BT broadband package which I only renewed last week before I thought about BT sport coming up, was ready for them to try and get out of it but they just said I was already registered for it and my free year starts in August, sound 8)

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2013, 10:00:09 pm »
That is very odd as BT's site says Infinity is not throttled at all.

This is the one thing stopping me switching from Sky - you get different answers as to whether BT Infinity is throttled or not.

They do restrict p2p speeds during the day on Infinity, I'm not sure how badly speeds are restricted as I don't use torrents, newsgroups on the other hand are unaffected.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2013, 07:36:28 pm »
They do restrict p2p speeds during the day on Infinity, I'm not sure how badly speeds are restricted as I don't use torrents, newsgroups on the other hand are unaffected.

And yet their website and live chat have clearly stated that they don't - or at least not for new subscribers to any of the "totally unlimited" Infinity packages

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10495/~/broadband-usage-policy states:

Network Management

What is BT's traffic management policy?

Information for customers on totally unlimited products

If you're on Unlimited Broadband, Unlimited Broadband extra, Unlimited BT Infinity 1, Unlimited BT Infinity 2, or for customers taking BT Total Broadband Option 3 from 1 February 2013, we won't place any speed restrictions no matter how much you upload or download, even at peak times

Information for customers on other products

For customers on all other broadband products: to protect the performance of the network and to ensure the best experience for all users of the service, at peak times we may manage the speed of non-time critical applications such as Peer-to-Peer (P2P).

You can, of course, still use P2P services, but downloads will take longer during the peak times.

We may need to vary the policy from time to time to ensure the best possible experience for all our customers. This site will always be kept up to date with the latest information.

Unless someone can point out something I am missing - I can't see any reason for me to not switch (from Sky) to BT Infinity.

The down speed will be (at least) the same, the up speed will be faster, their router is better and to top it all BT Sport is free whilst I am with BT (with HD free for the first 12 months).

Sure, over 18 months, Sky's Fibre product is £30ish cheaper but their line rental is £20ish more and that's before you take the £290 BT Sport (HD) would cost over 18 months, the £80 cashback and the £50 Sainsburys voucher into account.

So - am I missing something here ?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 08:14:59 pm by Smudgester »

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2013, 08:58:12 pm »
And yet their website and live chat have clearly stated that they don't - or at least not for new subscribers to any of the "totally unlimited" Infinity packages

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10495/~/broadband-usage-policy states:

Unless someone can point out something I am missing - I can't see any reason for me to not switch (from Sky) to BT Infinity.

The down speed will be (at least) the same, the up speed will be faster, their router is better and to top it all BT Sport is free whilst I am with BT (with HD free for the first 12 months).

Sure, over 18 months, Sky's Fibre product is £30ish cheaper but their line rental is £20ish more and that's before you take the £290 BT Sport (HD) would cost over 18 months, the £80 cashback and the £50 Sainsburys voucher into account.

They must have updated that then, as I say I don't use p2p so have no experience of using it on infinity

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2013, 12:36:43 am »

The router Sky have been supplying since January is much better than the one BT were supplying last September although I doubt your average user would notice. Also Sky's line rental is cheaper, £14.50 compared with £15.45 per month or £119.40 compared with £129 for 12 months.

I think at the end of the day there's not that much difference in overall service or cost nowadays though with the exception that the BT Vision box is fucking shit and drives me crazy.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2013, 09:33:05 am »
The router Sky have been supplying since January is much better than the one BT were supplying last September although I doubt your average user would notice. Also Sky's line rental is cheaper, £14.50 compared with £15.45 per month or £119.40 compared with £129 for 12 months.

I think at the end of the day there's not that much difference in overall service or cost nowadays though with the exception that the BT Vision box is fucking shit and drives me crazy.

I would still stick with Sky for normal TV so don't need to worry about how poor BT Vision hardware is.

The main draw is the free BT Sport which I wouldn't have paid for but being it offered free is a good reason to switch when everything else is equal (if you know what I mean). £50 Sainsburys voucher and £80 cashback also helps.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2013, 09:55:39 am »
I would still stick with Sky for normal TV so don't need to worry about how poor BT Vision hardware is.

The main draw is the free BT Sport which I wouldn't have paid for but being it offered free is a good reason to switch when everything else is equal (if you know what I mean). £50 Sainsburys voucher and £80 cashback also helps.

Well if TV is not a factor and you don't need a phone line installing then you're probably slightly better with BT. I don't know much about the fibre side of things though as I don't get it in my area until the end of the year. I had to get a phone line installed when I signed up to Sky, Sky charged me £10 for this and could do it 2 months earlier than BT even though it was BT engineers who installed the line. BT would have charged me £130. Sky's Internet down the phone line is much cheaper and is better in my opinion, don't think BT's is unlimited but again this is different for you due to Infinity.

Oh and I got £100 voucher for M&S from Sky which I bought a piece of furniture with. That was useful as it was a new house and I had nothing.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2013, 12:55:34 am »
The main draw is the free BT Sport which I wouldn't have paid for but being it offered free is a good reason to switch when everything else is equal ....

If you take Sky broadband and phone line, which is much cheaper than the equivalent service from BT, then even though BT throws in BT Sport free, Sky works out cheaper by £4 pm.

BT phone & broadband per month plus free BT Sport = £38.00

Sky phone = ................£14,50
Sky broadband =............ £7,50
Sky cost of BT Sport........£12,00
                                        _____

Sky Total per month =     £34.00

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:03:37 am by eAyeAddio »
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2013, 01:02:02 pm »
If you take Sky broadband and phone line, which is much cheaper than the equivalent service from BT, then even though BT throws in BT Sport free, Sky works out cheaper by £4 pm.

BT phone & broadband per month plus free BT Sport = £38.00

Sky phone = ................£14,50
Sky broadband =............ £7,50
Sky cost of BT Sport........£12,00
                                        _____

Sky Total per month =     £34.00

which broadband packages are you comparing?

from what i can see i can get phone line rental and fibre optic broadband from BT for £30.45 a month. and bt sport is free for the first 12 months.

Offline Hudson66

• The Kia Ora Man - too orangely for RAWK
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2013, 01:20:29 pm »
I signed up recently and paid the line rental in advance (was offered this at the time). Something like £126 up front for the year. Just over £10 a month for the line rental then.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2013, 01:53:57 pm »
I signed up recently and paid the line rental in advance (was offered this at the time). Something like £126 up front for the year. Just over £10 a month for the line rental then.

Both Sky and BT do that if you ask. Sky's is £119.40 which I've just paid myself

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2013, 01:49:28 am »
which broadband packages are you comparing?....

Unlimited.
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2013, 08:55:39 am »
Don't forget you get the vastly expanded On Demand section from Sky if you have their Broadband service, you'll lose this if you move to BT I think.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2013, 01:48:32 pm »
Was looking at my stats on Infinity yesterday and was a little surprised to see I've been averaging 350GB of data a month so far since I had it installed, I would say I've had full speed for that full period and have had no complaints from BT regarding usage, so I would say they're living up to their "Unlimited" data promise for me anyway!

Offline steashy

• Main Stander
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2013, 09:13:42 pm »
Don't forget you get the vastly expanded On Demand section from Sky if you have their Broadband service, you'll lose this if you move to BT I think.

no you dont mate, iv got infinty and my ondemand works with it

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2013, 11:18:55 pm »

On demand works in its basic form, but I think you only get the expanded one with Sky Broadband - at least that used to be the case anyway.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2013, 08:35:47 pm »
I asked someone on the BT Sport website chat if my BT Sport subscription would show up on all my boxes and I was told no - it is only for the Viewing Card number that you have to give them when you sign up for it through Sky.

When I calculate the price Sky v BT, I always find that Sky is a lot cheaper for comparable options. The one thing I did like BT for was the free Wifi minutes and BT Hotspots for when I was out and about and that is better than Sky's offering.

ESPN America will be shown on as part of the BT Sport package which is great for me as I watch the College football. I pay for ESPN so when that finishes I will just pay the £15 month BT Sport and get more rugby matches and the UFC.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2013, 08:41:25 pm »
which broadband packages are you comparing?

from what i can see i can get phone line rental and fibre optic broadband from BT for £30.45 a month. and bt sport is free for the first 12 months.

And £7.50 a month is certainly not unlimited Sky Fibre. Or if it is I want £12.50 a month of my bill.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2013, 10:32:37 pm »
And £7.50 a month is certainly not unlimited Sky Fibre. Or if it is I want £12.50 a month of my bill.

It's the normal Sky Unlimited service that's £7.50

The one thing I did like BT for was the free Wifi minutes and BT Hotspots for when I was out

Sky have the same sort of thing. I get access to Sky Wifi hotspots which seem to be everywhere I go

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2013, 09:13:24 am »
ESPN America will be shown on as part of the BT Sport package which is great for me as I watch the College football. I pay for ESPN so when that finishes I will just pay the £15 month BT Sport and get more rugby matches and the UFC.

Is BT going to have UFC?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2013, 09:36:04 am »

Just had a look into this and apparently Sky changed their policy last year to allow all other people using all other ISPs to get their Anytime+.

That's handy to know.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2013, 11:53:14 am »
Is BT going to have UFC?
I was under that impression but am not 100% sure.
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2013, 06:36:34 pm »
I was under that impression but am not 100% sure.

Appears they have until 2016. Wasn't interested in BT Sport until found they would have this, hmmm!

Offline **Glenn**

• Kopite
    • My twitter
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2013, 06:47:33 pm »
A bit shit that it's £15 per box, whereas for ESPN it's a tenner for every box in the house.

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2013, 11:56:37 am »
Did it. finally did it.

Fuck off Murdoch, you've had my last penny.

BT Sport, with infinity and YouView.

Sorry PlusNet as I quite liked you and its a shame I had to dump you in the same boat as old Rupee but there you go.

£60 a month better off too.

A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Pheeny

« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2013, 01:57:32 pm »
Just updated the channels on my "dodgy" sat TV box and BT sport is there....

Offline cjc9020801Beverly Hills

• Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team of Carraghers
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2013, 03:53:18 pm »
Just updated the channels on my "dodgy" sat TV box and BT sport is there....

thanks mate. just rescanned 28.2 east and it is there for me too.

Pheeny

« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2013, 07:35:38 pm »
thanks mate. just rescanned 28.2 east and it is there for me too.
I'll PM the bill...

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2013, 09:21:54 pm »
Am I right in thinking then that ESPN have no Premier League matches next season then? Any ideas how much BT Sport costs on Virgin?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2013, 02:56:13 pm »
Has it been confirmed that you need 2 subscriptions with bt sport to watch on a multiroom box? i cant see any reason for me to hang on to espn anymore, when does the bt sport channel start showing content?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2013, 02:57:55 pm »
If you're on Sky you should of had (or will get) a letter saying your ESPN sub will end soon automatically (haven't got it in front of me to say what date exactly).

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2013, 03:09:58 pm »
I got that letter saying it would be cancelled but you can go online and do it yourself.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2013, 03:14:57 pm »
They usually have 1 or more of our preseason games on ESPN so I'm leaving mine run out like the letter said (end of July I think?) just incase

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2013, 03:22:50 pm »
Has it been confirmed that you need 2 subscriptions with bt sport to watch on a multiroom box? i cant see any reason for me to hang on to espn anymore, when does the bt sport channel start showing content?
Yes. I asked someone on the online chat on the BT Sport website.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2013, 08:42:25 pm »
BT sport will be on virgin. Just waiting for confirmation of details....

https://customer.virginmedia.com/forms/btsport/3
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2013, 04:30:13 pm »
BT sport will be on virgin. Just waiting for confirmation of details....

https://customer.virginmedia.com/forms/btsport/3

c*nts dont say whether it will be included as part of the package. ESPN is included as part of the XL package on Virgn so surely if we are losing ESPN, they should either reduce the price, or replace it with BT. Doubt either of those will happen though.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2013, 05:13:05 pm »
ESPN is included as part of the XL package on Virgn so surely if we are losing ESPN, they should either reduce the price, or replace it with BT.

we can live in hope...
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline murphs316

• Kopite
  • 5 Star Heros to 7 Hit Wonders
« Reply #79 on: June 3, 2013, 02:13:13 pm »

BT Sport starts on Aug 1st