539 (72.8%)
Don't Know
10 (1.4%)
Don't Care
15 (2%)
I don't live in the UK
97 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 740

Author Topic: Brexit: "Vultus inanis est et mori in fossa ego sum!"  (Read 1447321 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Brexit - Pealrlimunt to be prorogued as the pro-rogues try to wreck the UK
« Reply #28120 on: September 11, 2019, 01:42:36 pm »
Is it me or is Johnson just trying to go full fucking dictator here?  Shutting down parliament on the strength of a lie; ignoring or threatening to ignore the law.  I mean, we've seen the prevarication before in the House but nothing like this. 

Wonder if the Queen even bothered to ask him any questions or just rubber stamped his proposal?  Either way he's dragged her into this and she shouldn't be happy about it at all.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #28121 on: September 11, 2019, 01:43:07 pm »
Johnson is going to be even harder to find than Cameron after this is over.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline dirks digglers

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28122 on: September 11, 2019, 01:43:08 pm »
If this were anyone else - any other time - he'd already have resigned. Instead they're calling the courts biased. What the fuck is going on?

Your question made me think of this article from a while back. The writer didn't exactly nail down the topic if I recall, but it did ask questions about something that had been nagging at me and looks into the unravelling of trust and respect in authority/experts.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/nov/29/why-we-stopped-trusting-elites-the-new-populism
If you can’t understand it without an explanation, you can’t understand it with an explanation.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28123 on: September 11, 2019, 01:43:31 pm »
I’m looking forward to the critically acclaimed tv series of all this mess in 30 years time.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #28124 on: September 11, 2019, 01:44:24 pm »
If this were anyone else - any other time - he'd already have resigned. Instead they're calling the courts biased. What the fuck is going on?
Well..

Let’s be careful ... because in someways the utter shit show that is the government is helping to stop brexit or at the very least a no deal brexit.

‘Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake’

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28125 on: September 11, 2019, 01:45:27 pm »
Nonsense.

He will whore himself out for cash even more.  He will pitch himself as the brace brexit hero. 

The right wing brexit butters think he’s doing a great job
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #28126 on: September 11, 2019, 01:46:37 pm »
Well..

Let’s be careful ... because in someways the utter shit show that is the government is helping to stop brexit or at the very least a no deal brexit.

‘Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake’

Of course, but they'll have to be stopped at some point and I wish I was 100% sure that they can be.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28127 on: September 11, 2019, 01:50:35 pm »
Nonsense.

He will whore himself out for cash even more.  He will pitch himself as the brace brexit hero. 

The right wing brexit butters think he’s doing a great job
But he lied to the Queen gawwwwd bless 'er.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28128 on: September 11, 2019, 01:51:05 pm »
You can be sure his people have researched extradition treaties

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28129 on: September 11, 2019, 01:51:14 pm »
Absolutely nothing will come of that court ruling.

I agree. Pretty much the same how nothing has come from any of Trump's antics despite similar levels of hyperbolic "Extraordinary!" tweeting from commentators. It's next level clickbait with no pay-off. Ever.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #28130 on: September 11, 2019, 01:52:24 pm »
I agree. Pretty much the same how nothing has come from any of Trump's antics despite similar levels of hyperbolic "Extraordinary!" tweeting from commentators. It's next level clickbait with no pay-off. Ever.

Indeed. The shit that's going on over there with the ICE camps is terrifying.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28131 on: September 11, 2019, 01:54:01 pm »
Probably run to N. Korea where he can enjoy the benefits of WTO - hope he takes as many of his mates with him as he can.
NAKED BOOBERY

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28132 on: September 11, 2019, 01:54:46 pm »
Is it me or is Johnson just trying to go full fucking dictator here?  Shutting down parliament on the strength of a lie; ignoring or threatening to ignore the law.  I mean, we've seen the prevarication before in the House but nothing like this. 

Wonder if the Queen even bothered to ask him any questions or just rubber stamped his proposal?  Either way he's dragged her into this and she shouldn't be happy about it at all.
I think Cummings loved Parliament being outraged over the suspension of Parliament, it showed leave voters Johnsons is prepared to do anything to deliver Brexit by Oct 31st . the more remain MPs scream the better, I doubt he likes whats happening now, Belfast will also make a ruling next week, the Supreme court won't disagree with the Scottish ruling.
Johnsons on dodgy ground now,how can the Queen trust his advice, any other PM would resign in disgrace, it's another argument to deny him a GE.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28133 on: September 11, 2019, 01:56:09 pm »

You've made me think that all this ends with Boris being dragged out of a South American embassy in a couple of year's time.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28134 on: September 11, 2019, 02:06:52 pm »
Of course, but they'll have to be stopped at some point and I wish I was 100% sure that they can be.
Only a referendum can stop this mess...

I guess we could be in the sane situation still, but it would break the deadlock in parliament
W

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #28135 on: September 11, 2019, 02:07:13 pm »
My biggest concern is that all of this isn't down to sheer incompetence. Johnson, Cummings and the rest of that shoddy gang of fascists may be doing such a bad job in order to paint all this as The People vs The Elites (i.e. moderates/lefties/the literal courts) for the upcoming election. Fanning the populist flames.

Or maybe - hopefully - I'm giving them far too much credit.

Meanwhile in the Mail comment sections, they're talking about hanging us.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28136 on: September 11, 2019, 02:07:47 pm »

Indeed.

The rule of law doesnt apply to the ruling class. Johnson and the government will push until there's a decision to be made, at which point those who would have to make a big decision and attempt to make it stick will either bottle it (because its the PM and the Government you're taking on here) or they'll be too caught up in the red tape and admin to actually achieve anything anyway.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28137 on: September 11, 2019, 02:08:39 pm »
Perhaps we're seeing another reason for Rudds hasty exit?
That crossed my mind too.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #28138 on: September 11, 2019, 02:09:04 pm »
Only a referendum can stop this mess...

I guess we could be in the sane situation still, but it would break the deadlock in parliament
But.....but.....but........18 million have already voted......you can't change the result three years later........

Say the people who've already voted in two GEs in the last few years........

2nd ref is the only way to get through this. Many, many more people will turn out and there are hundreds of thousands of new young voters who will almost certainly vote remain.

Brexiters will fight it all the way - cos they're terrified of losing their demc'ratic rights innit mate.....

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #28139 on: September 11, 2019, 02:09:29 pm »
Indeed.

The rule of law doesnt apply to the ruling class. Johnson and the government will push until there's a decision to be made, at which point those who would have to make a big decision and attempt to make it stick will either bottle it (because its the PM and the Government you're taking on here) or they'll be too caught up in the red tape and admin to actually achieve anything anyway.

I'm very, very worried.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #28140 on: September 11, 2019, 02:09:45 pm »
I’m looking forward to the critically acclaimed tv series of all this mess in 30 years time.

Yorkykopite better be taking notes....

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28141 on: September 11, 2019, 02:17:03 pm »
My biggest concern is that all of this isn't down to sheer incompetence. Johnson, Cummings and the rest of that shoddy gang of fascists may be doing such a bad job in order to paint all this as The People vs The Elites (i.e. moderates/lefties/the literal courts) for the upcoming election. Fanning the populist flames.

Or maybe - hopefully - I'm giving them far too much credit.

Or they are totally incompetent but people are so easily manipulated that it doesn't really matter.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28142 on: September 11, 2019, 02:38:20 pm »
I'm very, very worried.

Yep, with good cause too because all the rhetoric is there too with this government and the hardline brexiteers.

Will of the people, posing in front of police, unelected judges, positioning MPs as enemies of the people.

Not great.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28143 on: September 11, 2019, 02:46:25 pm »
shock horror, we have serial liars and serial law breakers in number 10 now and people are asking them to do the right thing and resign??  haven't they shown their character already? they won't give a shit what any court says.

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #28144 on: September 11, 2019, 03:03:29 pm »
Indeed. The shit that's going on over there with the ICE camps is terrifying.

They're stopping people up to 95 miles from the border,  the Canadian border,  and you can guess what shade of people are being asked for their papers, searched & detained, and which kind of people are being waved through.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28145 on: September 11, 2019, 03:03:33 pm »
Lets not get ahead of ourselves and trash the courts for impotence ahead of time (particularly when that's exactly what the right want everyone to do, albeit for different reasons).

Lets wait for the Supreme Court ruling next week.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #28146 on: September 11, 2019, 03:43:24 pm »

Not sure the two situations are in any way similar beyond there being an executive and there being checks on its power yet to be used.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #28147 on: September 11, 2019, 04:00:20 pm »
It’s a Wednesday and, if parliament were sitting, we would have had PMQs today. Because of prorogation it was cancelled.

But Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is going to stage a second of his “People’s PMQs” on Facebook this afternoon, Number 10 has announced.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2019/sep/11/brexit-latest-news-public-would-not-benefit-from-hearing-official-worst-case-no-deal-assumptions-says-leadsom-live-news

Propaganda.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #28149 on: September 11, 2019, 04:19:26 pm »
“Don’t forget to include your name, occupation and town.”=

Include a question too.

"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28150 on: September 11, 2019, 04:33:26 pm »
Honestly sounds like the beginnings of a fascist purge of institutions that dare to stand up to the government.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #28151 on: September 11, 2019, 04:45:41 pm »
Election Maps UK @ElectionMapsUK 2m

Westminster Voting Intention:

CON: 32% (-3)
LAB: 23% (+2)
LDM: 19% (=)
BXP: 14% (+2)
GRN: 7% (=)
UKIP: 0% (-1)

Via
@YouGov, 9-10 Sep.
Changes w/ 5-6 Sep.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 04:50:05 pm by filopastry »

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28152 on: September 11, 2019, 04:50:41 pm »
In all of this, the Queen proves herself to be completely useless. As a child, I remember the infamous Royal Family documentary portentously intoning that the monarchy guaranteed we would never become a dictatorship. Seems that's a moot point. The wider consequences of this are going to roll down the years; the monarchy has been weakened and I don't think that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #28153 on: September 11, 2019, 05:06:20 pm »

I've visited the Mail a few times recently and it's both incredibly hilarious and scary in equal measure. Outside of the Donald Trump subreddit and 8Chan it's about the worse you can get.
:D

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28154 on: September 11, 2019, 05:12:32 pm »
The màce represents the monarch in parliament. The Queen is only a symbol herself. So the mace is a symbol of a symbol. We should just stick with the mace  really, its a lot cheaper - tin of brasso once a year, job's a good'n.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #28155 on: September 11, 2019, 05:14:07 pm »
In all of this, the Queen proves herself to be completely useless. As a child, I remember the infamous Royal Family documentary portentously intoning that the monarchy guaranteed we would never become a dictatorship. Seems that's a moot point. The wider consequences of this are going to roll down the years; the monarchy has been weakened and I don't think that's just wishful thinking on my part.

I am no monarchist but how exactly ? What is she supposed to do ? She is advised by her PM on what to do and it is practice that she accepts that advice. All that has happened is it transpires that the Queen was lied to. I am not sure what else she is supposed to do other than doing some ninja shit on Johnson or ordering one of the guards to shoot him because he was unkempt
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #28156 on: September 11, 2019, 05:15:51 pm »
“Don’t forget to include your name, occupation and town.”

Don't tell him Pike!
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #28157 on: September 11, 2019, 05:16:25 pm »
Could only manage about 10 seconds of that shite.

We are of the precipice of a dictatorship. Some proper North Korea tactics on show

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28158 on: September 11, 2019, 05:28:31 pm »
This mess was instigated by one Tory PM, facilitated by a second Tory PM and worsened grotesquely by a third Tory PM and that c*nt Corbyn still won't condemn the whole affair. He still won't say it's an outrage and needless and we'll fuck it off. Him and his cronies are shitbags and should be fucking ashamed off their positions in this country.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28159 on: September 11, 2019, 05:30:35 pm »
Dodgy barnet - the first sign of a dictator.
NAKED BOOBERY