Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3440270 times)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-jenny-harries-criticised-for-patronising-remark-about-exemplar-preparedness-11975652

The UK, she said: "Has been an international exemplar in preparedness. So the fact that there is a pandemic stockpile is considered a very high quality mark of a prepared country in international terms."

You conveniently dodged the first part of this quote Classycara. 
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You conveniently dodged the first part of this quote Classycara. 

Lol what? I've asked Al about ten times to back up his assertion that she chose to defend Cummings, he's the one dodging. He hasn't managed to do that yet. Don't encourage his whataboutism/goal post moving distraction ;D

Since you ask, the second sentence isn't controversial. It's well known there is a pandemic stockpile, and that the WHO include this on their preparedness examples. I don't know if there's additional context to the first sentence, and I've googled it to try and get a less selective quote to contextualise it.

For example, the UK is a well known exemplar for preparedness for example working on the guidelines for mass gatherings like the olympics and Hajj (https://www.who.int/csr/mass_gatherings/olympics/en/ and http://www.euro.who.int/en/countries/united-kingdom-of-great-britain-and-northern-ireland/news/news/2012/07/olympic-games-who-supports-united-kingdom-health-protection-agency-in-securing-public-health). Uk experts were invited to support the Brazil olympics too.

So I'm not sure of the context of her response (what was the question? what was she saying before that?) well enough to be able to assess what that means.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 06:39:30 pm by Classycara »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Still no quotes. It was at a press conference so should all be on the record?

He provided quotes about the international exemplar in preparedness parts of his posts. You didn't acknowledge it after asking him for the quotes.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He provided quotes about the international exemplar in preparedness parts of his posts. You didn't acknowledge it after asking him for the quotes.

Looks like our posts overlapped and you missed me answering it.

In case you need reminding, Al has been unable to provide the quotes I requested two hours ago, to back up his claim that Jenny Harries was 'choosing to protect Cummings'. It's not for lack of trying :D

She doesn't get to choose the government she works for, but she does get to decide who to protect. Time and time again she has jumped to the government's defence.
Quotes? Examples? Proof?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 06:44:41 pm by Classycara »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

In case you need reminding, Al has been unable to provide the quotes I requested two hours ago, to back up his claim that Jenny Harries was 'choosing to protect Cummings'.

Fair enough you answered it. I've no beef with you otherwise so I'll leave ye at it  ;D

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
To answer you more seriously, given I missed this when skimming before, because it's important that people are aware of the best current advice (more important than the white noise from Cummings bollocks)

It's known that people aren't presenting to healthcare despite being unwell, so it's important to reinforce that some people really shouldn't be staying at home right now.

Children feared to have died as coronavirus concerns keep seriously-ill patients away from Kent hospitals
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/news/children-have-died-because-of-covid-19-fears-227530/

I am not sure about you being deliberately disingenuous here mate, but she brought up safeguarding in relation to the welfare of Cummings child. Please explain how there could have been any immediate danger to Cummings junior if Cummings snr was well enough to drive 260 miles ?

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

In case you need reminding, Al has been unable to provide the quotes I requested two hours ago, to back up his claim that Jenny Harries was 'choosing to protect Cummings'. It's not for lack of trying :D

Why would I need to provide quotes regarding a press conference that we both watched ?

When you go the game and see a goal do you celebrate or do you wait for a quote confirming what you have just seen.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Lol what? I've asked Al about ten times to back up his assertion that she chose to defend Cummings, he's the one dodging. He hasn't managed to do that yet. Don't encourage his whataboutism/goal post moving distraction ;D

Since you ask, the second sentence isn't controversial. It's well known there is a pandemic stockpile, and that the WHO include this on their preparedness examples. I don't know if there's additional context to the first sentence, and I've googled it to try and get a less selective quote to contextualise it.

For example, the UK is a well known exemplar for preparedness for example working on the guidelines for mass gatherings like the olympics and Hajj (https://www.who.int/csr/mass_gatherings/olympics/en/ and http://www.euro.who.int/en/countries/united-kingdom-of-great-britain-and-northern-ireland/news/news/2012/07/olympic-games-who-supports-united-kingdom-health-protection-agency-in-securing-public-health). Uk experts were invited to support the Brazil olympics too.

So I'm not sure of the context of her response (what was the question? what was she saying before that?) well enough to be able to assess what that means.

UK to be fair probably was an exemplar back in the day of the London Olympics.  A lot of that was a legacy of the actions of Labour governments, including stockpiling of PPE.

Of course since then consecutive Tory administrations have run stocks down, hence the PPE availability (lack of) issue during the current crisis.  I don’t think anyone could pretend UK is still an exemplar these days.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
They threw Ferguson under the bus with a front page telegraph story and Hancock wading in. Now they ring fence around Cummins in protection. In the same week they try to wash their hands of care home issues by blaming hospital clinicians

Despicable government and unbelievable we have a nation that voted these twats in
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I am not sure about you being deliberately disingenuous here mate, but she brought up safeguarding in relation to the welfare of Cummings child. Please explain how there could have been any immediate danger to Cummings junior if Cummings snr was well enough to drive 260 miles ?

Al this makes absolutely no sense. She is there to answer scientific and health questions, in order to advise the media and public using her expertise in an informed way.

Are you really telling me that you think she makes statements that she hopes will retroactively protect the health of a child in a car trip a month ago?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why would I need to provide quotes regarding a press conference that we both watched ?

Because what you've suggested doesn't tally with my recollection? Because some of us prefer the truth to your post-hoc musings?

I'll give up at this point Al, since you've made it entirely apparent you have nothing to back up your attack on a health worker for the actions of Cummings.

I'll end with a quote from Harries today though (see it is possible, if you try ;) )

‘The public health advice is take yourself out of society if you have symptoms, stay at home, stay at home with your family, I don’t know the details of this specific case and I am commenting on the medical advice.’

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Al this makes absolutely no sense. She is there to answer scientific and health questions, in order to advise the media and public using her expertise in an informed way.

Are you really telling me that you think she makes statements that she hopes will retroactively protect the health of a child in a car trip a month ago?

No mate I am saying she brought up safeguarding a child to come to Cummings aid.

It is crystal clear that with Cummings well enough to drive 260 miles there was no immediate danger so why did Harries bring the safety of a child in to it.

Cummings child was not in danger so there was no safeguarding issue.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Because what you've suggested doesn't tally with my recollection? Because some of us prefer the truth to your post-hoc musings?

I'll give up at this point Al, since you've made it entirely apparent you have nothing to back up your attack on a health worker for the actions of Cummings.

I'll end with a quote from Harries today though (see it is possible, if you try ;) )

‘The public health advice is take yourself out of society if you have symptoms, stay at home, stay at home with your family, I don’t know the details of this specific case and I am commenting on the medical advice.’

Can you provide a link for that quote please mate ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
I wish I looked in this thread often enough to appreciate that!

But seriously... where is he? And why is he allowed to hide like this?!

These c*nts make me so angry. How people cannot see them for what they are.

He’s drunk again probably.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Cummings was also spotted at a Barnard Castle, 30 miles from Durham, on 12 April.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Cummings was also spotted at a Barnard Castle, 30 miles from Durham, on 12 April.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan

Hahaha.

Three now, though, with the second Durham trip.

This is a man who claims to be against the Westminster so-called elite, but he actually wants to be part of it.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
The Sunday Times continues to be utterly scathing in its coverage of the government's response to COVID-19

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/three-weeks-of-dither-and-delay-on-coronavirus-that-cost-thousands-of-british-lives-05sjvwv7g

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
The slow response seems to be happening everywhere. One thing the virus has done is exposed weaknesses in healthcare systems and preparations. Everywhere.

I guess we'll soon see if countries entering their winter season now have learned anything.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
Remdesivir alone not enough to treat COVID-19, study says

A preliminary study of the antiviral drug remdesivir found that the use of it alone does not cure patients who are experiencing severe symptoms of COVID-19.

Data posted in the New England Journal of Medicine Saturday showed it shortened the amount of days patients experienced severe symptoms, but did not have a great enough impact on the mortality rate of the patients studied.

"Preliminary results of this trial suggest that a 10-day course of remdesivir was superior to placebo in the treatment of hospitalized patients with Covid-19," the researchers wrote.

The researchers tested 1,063 patients in the first double-blind, placebo-controlled trial to test the drug. Neither patients nor doctors knew which patients received the drug and which didn’t until after the study.

Those who received the drug recovered in 11 days and those who got placebo treatment took 15 days on average. Seven percent of patients who were administered remdesivir died, compared to about 12 percent of those given placebo infusions.

The researchers, led by a team at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), said the drug was shown to help with those hospitalized with COVID-19 and required “supplemental oxygen therapy,” such as a ventilator.

"However, given high mortality despite the use of remdesivir, it is clear that treatment with an antiviral drug alone is not likely to be sufficient," they wrote. "Future strategies should evaluate antiviral agents in combination with other therapeutic approaches or combinations of antiviral agents to continue to improve patient outcomes in Covid-19."

The long-awaited study comes as doctors across the country have said they are unsure when and how to use the drug. The researchers found that the drug is most effective when used before symptoms are bad enough to warrant a ventilator.

“Our findings highlight the need to identify Covid-19 cases and start antiviral treatment before the pulmonary disease progresses to require mechanical ventilation," the researchers wrote, according to the study.

The report comes three weeks after the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the drug for emergency use on COVID-19 patients. Researchers noted that conducting the study amid a pandemic was challenging on several fronts.

"The trial was implemented during a time of restricted travel, and hospitals restricted the entrance of nonessential personnel," they wrote.

Researchers with the NIAID said that a complete report will be published at a later date.

"Our preliminary report is intended to help inform clinicians considering the use of remdesivir," the researchers wrote. "We are awaiting final visits, data entry, monitoring, and data lock for the last of the 1,063 patients enrolled, after which an update of the results will be provided."

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/499323-remdesivir-alone-not-enough-to-treat-covid-19-study-says

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Well I suppose a lot of people will be glad of the opportunity to use their common sense this bank holiday weekend.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
The Sunday Times have gone in hard on the government again but also the scientists in there do not come out of this well at all, with a lot of them thinking this was like the flu.

Between them the government and scientists have fucked this up big time.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The Sunday Times have gone in hard on the government again but also the scientists in there do not come out of this well at all, with a lot of them thinking this was like the flu.

Always great when public health gets lumped in with political bullshit.

Never has any negative consequences or anything

https://wellcome.ac.uk/press-release/how-much-does-world-trust-medical-experts-and-vaccines
https://wellcome.ac.uk/reports/wellcome-global-monitor/2018
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2015/02/150225-polio-pakistan-vaccination-virus-health/

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan

Can you paste article please?
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline bakleth

• Kemlynite
I think this is just as relevant for today as the Cummings news
https://threader.app/thread/1264481222312390656

Shows how bad a mistake it was for delaying the lockdown like the Government did at the begining.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think this is just as relevant for today as the Cummings news
https://threader.app/thread/1264481222312390656

Shows how bad a mistake it was for delaying the lockdown like the Government did at the begining.

Question the value of reading that tech blogger Tomas Pueyo's view.

He has history of making wide ranging mistakes and misinterpretations (which have been read by hundreds of millions of people).

Better to amplify experts and academic research, not commentators with a history of over extrapolation which badly misinformed people

Have to LOL at his implied suggestion that this medium blog is the intervention that reduced mobility
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 11:13:15 am by Classycara »

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan

When you go the game and see a goal do you celebrate or do you wait for a quote confirming what you have just seen.

AL is an Everton fan !   :-\

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Can you paste article please?

Its behind the paywall am I allowed to post that?

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
Could be a new motto for todays briefing.

Stay home … Save the NHS... Protect Cummings.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
When do the DFE release thier guidance on early years and childcare settings returning on the 1st June?

12.30pm

Sunday

Bank holiday weekend.

They don’t care
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Sister and niece have had to go into self-isolation now.

My sister works at a school and was one of the teachers teaching kids of Essential workers - who were still going in. One of their colleagues has tested positive, so they are on the 14 day thing.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Sister and niece have had to go into self-isolation now.

My sister works at a school and was one of the teachers teaching kids of Essential workers - who were still going in. One of their colleagues has tested positive, so they are on the 14 day thing.
If yer sister has kids, apparently it's okay if you want to drive to Durham to protect them. That's official! :wave

(hope all goes well for them all, in seriousness)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
If yer sister has kids, apparently it's okay if you want to drive to Durham to protect them. That's official! :wave

(hope all goes well for them all, in seriousness)

Cheers mate. Hopefully they'll be OK.

They'll probably find out Tuesday/Wednesday for symptoms..
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
Its behind the paywall am I allowed to post that?
Depends what you mean by allowed? It would be breach of copyright, of course. But RAWK seems to allow it. And, it seems, the likes of The Sunday Times do not seem too bothered by it if it does meaningfully impinge upon their income model. They might reason that more minor infractions encourage subscriptions. If are going to do this, probably best to place the content between spoiler tags (this way, it cannot be indexed by search engines).

Spoiler tags:
Code: [Select]
[spoiler]
CONTENT
[/spoiler]

As you no doubt know, the above will display like this:

Spoiler
CONTENT
[close]
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
When do the DFE release thier guidance on early years and childcare settings returning on the 1st June?

12.30pm

Sunday

Bank holiday weekend.

They don’t care

Your conclusion that people working on a Sunday morning bank holiday weekend don't care is a bit odd ;D

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Your conclusion that people working on a Sunday morning bank holiday weekend don't care is a bit odd ;D
No it’s not.

Schools are on holiday, they open in a week.  It’s a bank holiday weekend.

The information is released about 3 weeks to late to be of use and at the least helpful time possible.

No working time to address it.  Sweet.
W

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

I imagine it's more that they release it with just 4 working days left before schools are meant to open their doors.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No it’s not.

Schools are on holiday, they open in a week.  It’s a bank holiday weekend.

The information is released about 3 weeks to late to be of use and at the least helpful time possible.

No working time to address it.  Sweet.
I don't work in education but suggesting people working on this don't care is clearly bollocks, lets be honest.

I imagine it's more that they release it with just 4 working days left before schools are meant to open their doors.
Yes but the people working on it can't transport back in time. Better released today than tomorrow or Tuesday right?

Also it's 8 working days away for DfE ;)