Klippity Klopp
13 (19.1%)
Red85 vs
5 (7.4%)
JSteve
12 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: December 3, 2016, 11:28:05 am

Author Topic: RAWK All Time Test Cricket Draft [MATCH DAY 1 - Group C & D]  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
RAWK All Time Test Cricket Draft [MATCH DAY 1 - Group C & D]
« on: December 1, 2016, 11:28:05 am »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Match 5: BeautifulGame91 vs Kovai Red
Venue: Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane, Queensland.
Situated in the Brisbane suburb of Woolloongabba - it's shortened to the Gabba - the ground has gone through some drastic redevelopment during the last decade. The grassy banks, Moreton Bay figs and dogtrack have been replaced with modern, concrete stands, which may have removed some charm, but mean the ground offers superb facilities for the players and public. However, the most famous moment on the ground is one firmly from the past. The image of the deciding run-out in the tied Test of 1960-61, between Australia and West Indies, is one of the best known cricketing images of all time. In more recent times it has become a favourite haunt of Shane Warne, with the extra bounce from the often excellent wickets helping his legspin.

BeautifulGame91
My XI:

When I started to pick my team , my foremost consideration was to pick an aggressive team that attacks the opposition relentlessly with both bat and ball .

To start with my openers , both were considered trendsetters of their era .That doesn’t mean they lacked the requisite technique either .Arthur Morris on his first trip to England as part of the invisibles team  topped the batting charts even ahead of the Bradman .Both Slater and Morris averaged 50 in South Africa , one of the toughest conditions for an opener .Being left right combo gives the perfect balance to the line up.

Then at no.3 I have Chappelli. Not only a great Batsmen who always stepped up when team needed most , he was also one of the most attacking captain who always played for the win .Moving on to middle , it is build on the flair of the Calypso flair with Kanhai and Sobers who carried the West Indies batting in 60s.Both brilliant stroke makers they were prolific as a partnership as well  averaging nearly 57 with 5 100 partnerships.They are complemented at no.6 by the cockiness of KP . All four were not only great players of pace but also exceptional players of spin.The batting order is rounded up by the debating hitting of McCullum at 7 .Having a batsman who has scored triple hundred and 3 double hundreds gives genuine depth to the batting .

Despite the quality of the Batsmen , the real strength of the team is the bowling .My pace attack of Holding ,Thompson and Ambrose , 3 of the fastest bowlers to have played the game , is complemented by quality seam bowling of Sobers .For spin I have  the classy Prasanna who deceived the batsman even on the flattest of the wickets with his flight and drift .Of course if it turns I can always depend on the left arm and Chinaman spin of Gary Sober .The advantage of having a cricketing genius “One in five ” in the team .

The bowling attack has not only quality but great variety as well.From the smoothest of action of Holding to the slingy Thomson to the bounce of Ambrose and left arm angle of Sobers .In spin have off spin , left arm spin , Chinaman all covered . This attack can take 20 wickets even on the flattest of pitches . A bowling attack that truly takes the pitch completely out of the equation.

Now to the individuals .

Arthur Morris :

One of Australia’s greatest batsman , arguably their best opener . An aggressive left handed opening batsman who was masterful, stylish, imperturbable, sure in defence, quick and handsome in stroke play.
Bradman also considered him the best opener he had seen and picked him in his all time XI.Bradman described Morris “a genius [who] does things others could not, and should not, try to emulate".
He was not only an opener with great technique but someone who was very aggressive as a batsmen . The Don who often advised other batsmen not to risk being caught by hitting in the air, but thought differently of Morris, who "hit over the top a bit". He advised: "I don't know how you do it, but keep on doing it."

His crowning glory was definitely the 1948 Bradman's “Invincibles” tour of England, when Morris (on his first overseas cricket tour) finished at the head of the batting, even ahead of the great Don. Morris hit three centuries and three more fifties in the 1948 tests, to top the averages with 87; Bradman's average was 72.57. Wisden named Morris one of the "cricketers of the year".

Michael Slater :

To describe Slater in his own words “ "I was a passionate player who, for better or worse, wore his heart right out there on his sleeve…I played the game the only way I knew how: full on."

Now to borrow on from Guardian “Slater was different. In this age of power batting it is usual to see openers smack the new ball to all parts in Test cricket. Back then, little more than a decade ago, it was as inappropriate as guitars in dance music. Openers did attrition; Slater did aggression. Openers eschewed risk; Slater calculated risk.Every time he strapped on the pads he also buckled his swash. More than mere runs , Slater's impact transcends just stats .He was a revolutionary, who, like Claude Makelele, Rod Laver and Christian Cullen, changed the established norms and mores of his trade. ”
And Slater was not just style but plenty of substance too.His average of 43 may appear ordinary but in an era of Ambrose and Walsh, Wasim and Waqar, Donald and de Villiers,  that was extremely impressive .Also he averaged 53  in Australia, 50 in South Africa(Donald Pollack and De Villiers) and 48 in Pakistan Wasim and Waqar).

To sum up my opening partnership, it’s not one to see off the new ball; but one that puts the fear of Fowler into bowlers and make them dread the new ball.

Ian Chappell :

Among the greatest skippers of all time , an all time great as a batsman as well.One of those occasions where stats blatantly mislead .Yes he average is 43 but that’s mainly because of his slow start settling into the Australian team.Once he settled into the no.3 ,he averaged 51 @ no.3 in 84 innings . In a crisis, when the chips were down or on a wearing wicket he was the ultimate man.He averaged a staggering 78 in West Indies against the great West Indian attack and 47 against the famous spin trio in India and 48 in seaming conditions in England despite batting at 3 .Also averaged 50 as captain .

And oh never lost a series as Captain.

Rohan Kanhai :

A dashing batsman , who often drew comparisons with the Great Don for his ruthlessness , uncaring for the reputation of bowlers and daring stroke play .

A batsman with graceful elegance , he averaged 48 in test cricket .One of the finest players of spin bowling (not that he was shabby against pace), Sunil Gavaskar considered him the best batsman he has watched and learned from him .Kanhai mastered the seaming English pitches, the bouncy Australian and West Indian tracks and the turning sub-continent wickets.In fact Sunny was so awesome by Kanhai that he named his son after him (Rohan Gavaskar).
He along with Sobers carried the West Indian batting after the retirement of the great 3 W's into the 60s. He scored in excess of 6000 runs, with 15 centuries and 28 half-centuries, and had the capacity to make batting look very easy. When Kanhai retired, his batting average was the fifth-highest of all West Indian cricketers with more than 20 Tests.

Gary Sobers :

The greatest cricketer ever .Bradman maybe the greatest batsman of all time but as the greatest cricketer there was/is no parallel. Bradman himself described  Sobers as “One in five cricketer ”. A batsman of rare genius (Sobers will get into the world XI as batsman alone )  ,a wily bowler - who could deliver left-arm swing ,orthodox spin as well as left-arm wrist spin.A great fielder to boot as well .

In all he scored 8000 at an average of 58 and took 235 wickets at an average of 34 .

Kevin Pieterson:

Now you may not agree with his on field persona or even his batting style but you can’t really deny his genius .One of the few batsman in modern era that can dominate even quality bowlers regardless of conditions .
 Just to underline his greatness when Cricinfo picked the England all time XI , he was the only modern day batsman to have even been considered and he was picked in the XI too.He scored 8181 runs in total at an average of 47.28 .
Perhaps his risky shot selection may have prevented him from being a true all time great but a true genius who can turn a Test match in a single session.
His 177 in Mumbai 2012 is one of the greatest knocks in recent memory imo and will be talked about for years for the sheer attacking stroke play .

Brenden Mccullam:

One triple hundred and  3 double hundreds .And the fastest century in test history .

One of the most dashing batsman  and the most audacious of this Generation.
As a wicket keeper took 168 catches and 11 stumpings in 95 innings .One to never care for records,  he  shunned the wicketkeeper's gloves when he took over as captain although Parker’s all time New Zealand record was reach within reach .

When he finished his career with the fastest century in test cricket he had 6453 runs with 12 hundreds and 31 fifties.

Michael Holding :

Arguably the most elegant and smoothest bowling action to grace cricket , he bowled 95mph regularly with little effort .One of the greatest bowlers of all time and part of the fearsome West Indian attack of the 80s , he took 249 wickets at an average of 23.68 and SR of just under 51.

Curtly Ambrose :

Tall, fast, intimidating and devastating. He bowled with searing pace , relentless accuracy and extracted unreal bounce from the wicket .

The most lethal bowler of his generation , Ambrose took 405 wicket at a staggering ave of just 20.99. To put things into perspective his average among all bowlers with over 200 Test wickets is only marginally behind Malcolm Marshall (20.94) and Joel Garner (20.94).

Jeff Thompson:

One of the fastest bowler to have played test cricket if not the fastest.With an unusual slinging action  , he decimated opposition Batsmen with sheer pace .  Rod Marsh kept wicket to Thomson for most of his Test career and claimed that Thomson bowled upwards of 180 km/h.

To quote Wisden “Jeff Thomson's run to the wicket was undertaken at the pace of man jogging around the block, but his action was one of cricket's most explosive; tilting back in the style of a javelin thrower, he catapulted the ball at speeds seldom, if ever, attained since. He was also naturally fit, and as much a threat with old ball as new. ”

Unfortunately the shoulder injury he sustained in an on-field collision at Adelaide in November 1976 restricted him and his pace to a great extent thereafter in the later stage of his career .
Overall he played 51 tests taking 200 wickets at an average of  28 and Strike of 52.6.

Erapalli Prasanna:

Prasanna was an off spinner in the classical mould .He heavily relied on flight  drift and deception to outfox Batsmen .He had mastery over his flight like few spinners ever had .

Even in the long, illustrious line of traditional spin bowlers India has produced , the name of Erapalli Prasanna will figure right there at the very top of the list.
A typical South Indian who prioritized studies over sports , his decision to complete his college  after playing a few tests probably robbed us of his prime years . Still he was picked in the Indian all time XI (by cricinfo) above his other famous compatriots Bedi , Chandrasekhar and Venkaragavan , the four who formed the famous Indian quartet , underlines his greatness .

VS

Kovai Red
My team has arguably the most depth in batting as well as bowling and with good variety as well. My top-5 batsmen all have averages over 57 bar one who is just 0.06 behind the mark. Arguably my top-2 are the best opening batsmen/partners of all time. And the fact that they both played together is another big plus for my team. Hobbs and Sutcliffe amassed 3249 runs in only 38 innings at a whopping average of 87.81. People may argue that they didn't played much outside of England and Australia, but the fact remains that they have excelled in their positions at the best challenges of that time, not to mention both have toured South Africa, India and Ceylon(now SL) and played well there too. Though the tour to sub continent is not classified as first class by Wisden(controversial or not), fact remains that they have fared better in sub continent conditions too.

At no3 comes one of the prolific run scorers Sir Everton Weekes who still holds the record for most consecutive centuries in test cricket. He would've had 6 on the trot, if not for a controversial run out when he was on 90. He has scored runs everywhere he went and him being at no.3, we can be very assured that top order of my batting is a notch above every team out there. After that comes the elegant Sangakkara who will keep the wickets and lead the team.

Then comes the current Australian captain Steven Smith. With an average of over 57 and a great appetite for runs, he makes into my team as no5. After him comes in Ravi Shastri at no6, who averages a modest 35.79 and have took 151 wickets at 40.96 which is not bad for my 6th choice bowler and a lower middle order batsman. He is a stonewaller if needed be and can be a good partner when the batsman at the other end keeps piling on the runs.

After that comes in my strike bowler, one of the greatest of all time Sir Richard Hadlee - the crown jewel of my team, who will open the bowling. Adept at batting with an average of 27.16, he can also pile on the runs when the team needs it. And then comes Alan Davidson, one of the greatest left arm seamers who will partner Hadlee in the opening spell. With a miserly economy rate under 2 and average below 21, he can be a nightmare to any batsman out there. As a hard hitter in the lower middle, he has also scored more than 1000 runs at an average of 24.59 which is not bad for no.8 in this team.

And then there is the rising star Starc who with his bouncers and swing, can terrorise batsmen of any calibre. He is not a mug with bat either with an average of 22.45, a much better option at no.9 among all the teams in here. On the spin department, the greatest off spinner India has ever produced adds the spin flavor to the side. With Doosra being his main weapon, he can really be the match winner in the turning tracks against any batting attack in the world. A fact that he has taken more than 400 wickets stands as a proof to his outstanding talent. Not only that, he has scored more than 2000 runs at 18.22 with 2 centuries and 9 fifties which makes him an excellent tail ender. And finally comes the ever reliable and relentless Mkhaya Ntini who has taken close to 400 wickets.

The balance this side has is the best in this league. With over 43000 runs and 1715 wickets in just 787 matches, this team has both runs and wickets spread all over the team. It doesn't end there, this team also possess great variety with 2 right arm seamers, 2 left arm seamers, an off spinner as well as a slow left arm which in some ways can be seen as leg spin to the right handers. And a part timer in the name of Smith is also there who can do a bit of leg spin if this team ever needs to use 7th bowler. With 1715 wickets, 21 10-wicket hauls and 102 5-wicket hauls, all my 6 bowlers are wicket takers. On the batting front, out of the 11, 6 right and 5 left hand batsmen makes my team more tricky for the opposition in field than any of them could hope to do to others. With 43023 runs, 114 centuries and 186 fifties in just 787 appearances, this team can score runs at will. Stats are so spread that no one in my team will be under pressure. To put it in simple words, this team is the battering ram of this league.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Match 6: Hazell vs Gerrvindh
Venue: Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi, India.
Established in 1883, the Feroz Shah Kotla - run by the politicised Delhi & Districts Cricket Association (DDCA) - has witnessed a number of feats, most notably Anil Kumble's 10 in an innings against Pakistan.
The Kotla staged its first Test in the 1948-49 season when the mighty West Indies under John Goddard took on India for a five Test series and the ground has produced some really good performances. In the 1952 Test against Pakistan, Hemu Adhikari and Ghulam Ahmed were involved in a record tenth wicket stand of 109 runs - a record that still stands. In 1965, S Venkataraghavan, in his debut series, demolished the New Zealand line up with figures of 8 for 72 and 4 for 80. In 1969-70, Bedi and Prasanna combined to spin India to a famous seven wicket win over Australia, the duo picking 18 wickets between themselves.
England's John Lever had a memorable debut at the Kotla in 1976, when he notched up a half-century and had match figures of 10 for 70. Five years later, Geoff Boycott surpassed Gary Sobers' world record Test aggregate. In 1983-84, Sunil Gavaskar scored his 29th century to equal Don Bradman's long standing record for the highest number of hundreds in Test cricket. In 2005-06, at the same ground, Sachin Tendulkar broke Gavaskar's record of most centuries with his 35th Test century.

Hazell
Graham Gooch
Tillakarante Dilshan
Viv Richards
Graeme Pollock
Hansie Cronje
Arjuna Ranatunga
Shahid Afridi
Jack Russell
Ray Illingworth
Darren Gough
Mustaq Ahmed

VS

Gerrvindh

OPENERS
BOB SIMPSON AND DESMOND HAYNES

One half of Australia's most productive test opening partnerships, Simpson was a fine all rounder as well as being a reliable slip fielder. He was also the captain of Australia in 32 tests. Not to forget a world cup winning coach. Haynes was technically gifted as an opener capable of measured play as well as Greenidge style destruction. In these two players, my side has a steady opening pair that has been part of 25 century partnerships as openers in eras that were the most bowler friendly in test cricket history.

MIDDLE ORDER
ZAHEER ABBAS, ALLAN BORDER, MOHD AZHARUDDIN

Abbas was arguably the most stylish batsman of the 70s, with a penchant for making runs with ease. He provides a very solid, technical pair of hands on the bat to come in at 3 and keep the scoring going in case of a good start, or to steady the ship in times of losing an early wicket.

Allan Border, at the time of his retirement, had appeared in more Tests, more consecutive Tests, more Tests as captain, most runs scored and more catches than any other player - all at a batting average of over 50. With 27 hundreds and a whopping 63 fifties, Border turned up more often than not with a big score in the middle. Imagine having managed to get through Simpon, Haynes and Abbas, only to see Border saunter in!

Azhar was my favourite Indian batsman in the era of Sachin Tendulkar. Shame he chose money over sport but either way I win with him in the team. His trademark leg glace was a sight to behold, only Mark Waugh and VVS Laxman could get close to the finesse of the stroke. A masterful player of spin bowling, Azhar had an incredible rate of converting 50s to 100s - making 22 hundreds and 21 fifties while captaining India in its most dominant period since the early 80s.

WICKET KEEPER
ADAM GILCHRIST

Gilly is THE greatest wicket keeper batsman ever. Period. There is a case for Sangakkara to be made, but Gilchrist was a better keeper while being an equally good batsman and hence why he makes my cut as foremost gloveman in Test cricket history. With a strike rate over 80, I have him coming in at 6 and scoring some quickfire runs, or play a pivotal role if wicket have tumbled ahead of him.

ALL ROUNDERS
CHRIS CAIRNS AND HEATH STREAK

For a period of time in the late 90s/early 2000s, Cairns was my favourite all rounder in cricket. He was such a joy to watch being equally effective wielding the willow while also bowling some very decent swing bowling. Streak on the other hand was a bowling all rounder, punching way above his weight in a decidedly poor Zimbabwe side apart from senior Flower. What might have been if Streak had played for a better nation, we could only wonder because he captured over 200 Test wickets at a superb average of 28. Cairns was no slouch either, with 216 wickets at 29, having also scored 5 hundreds and 22 fifties.

BOWLERS
BRETT LEE, ALLAN DONALD, DEREK UNDERWOOD

There needs no introduction to Donald and Lee. Fearsome, quick and highly effective, they terrorized batting line ups, running through them in short spells of a few lethal overs at a time. With Cairns and Streak to provide reliable swing options as well, Donald and Lee are not required in my side to bowl long spells tiring them out. They have 640 wickets between them.

My spinner is "Deadly" Derek, who had the ability of running through line ups in no time for a traditional left arm orthodox spinner. 297 wickets playing for a combative English side, Under took a special liking to Australia, capturing 55 wickets at an average of 21.

Match 7: Elzar vs Klippity Klopp
Venue: Edgbaston, Birmingham, England.
Situated in a leafy southern suburb of Birmingham, Edgbaston was the youngest of England's six regular Test venues, until Chester-le-Street was inaugurated in May 2003, more than one hundred years after Edgbaston's own debut, when the touring Australians were bowled out for 36 by Wilfred Rhodes in 1902.
These days it is one of the finest venues in the country - a far cry from the "meadow of rough grazing land" that became Warwickshire County Cricket Club's third home at the end of the 19th century. It hosted just four Tests in its first 27 years, but upon re-entering the circuit in 1957, it was considered to be the most state-of-the-art ground in the country, with the Thwaite Memorial Scoreboard, constructed in 1950, among the most notable features. In 2005, England won the second Ashes Test by two runs to level the series and turn momentum.

Elzar
Although not statistically the strongest team, I have a well formed partnership leading my batting, followed by Bell who is great at pacing his innings and building scores and partnerships in the process. Viswanath was a cricketer of great style, once described as "a cricket connoisseur's dream to watch", a batsman that could take on pace or spin with equal ability. Martyn then follows who makes batting look easiest than most of his era. The batsmen that follow in Flintoff and Dhoni have the ability to stick in and build high scores quickly and hitting some seriously high scores themselves in the process. Philander and Broad being more than capable with the bat.

The bowling standout is spinner Anil Kumble who was a match winner for his whole career, 3rd only to Warne and Muralitharan in the all time wickets taken stats, he can cause any batsman a problem. He is surrounded by plenty of options. Flintoff may not have great averages, but his inspirtational bowling saw him almost singlehandedly winning games, and indeed an Ashes series. Broad is a bowler able to change any game when at his top form, as his 8/15 against Australia shows, while Philander's ability to move the ball off the pitch for long spells causes all kinds of problems. Nawaz meanwhile had it all in his locker, and was one of the original bowlers to use reverse swing in cricket, something the older batsmen would never have faced. The opposition can only hope he doesn't produce another 'spell from hell'.

Ms Dhoni at wicket is a player that has deservedly made a huge name for himself in cricket, and is commonly talked about amongst the best to have played the game.

If none of that rings your bell, Freddie Flintoff will knock you out (in a suspciously set up and easy boxing match)

VS

Klippity Klopp

Batting

Openers

Boycott & Trescothick look a well balanced opening partnership.  Boycott being the more disciplined, determined to see off the new ball with a more cautious approach.  Trescothick being more aggressive looking to take the shine off that new ball and putting runs on the board early.  It is a right hand / left hand combination which always gives the opposition slightly more issues having to constantly change the bowling line and field. Both played the majority of their cricket in England, so will be used to dealing with the swinging ball.

Middle order

Amla, Richardson, Gower and Root is as elegant middle order as you could wish to see.  All have batted in the top four, so can deal with the new ball if necessary.  Although hopefully the opening pair deal with that issue and they come in when it is older so they can knock it about.  Gower being a lefty, is an added bonus to mix up the right and left handers.

Lower order

Healy and Warne batted 7 and 8 for Australia, so if it was good enough for them it is good enough for me.  Khan and Younis got over 1,000 runs each, so they were no bunnies.

Bowling

There are four main bowlers, three seamers and Warne, similar approach to what Australia used which made them the best Test team from mid to late 90s to 2007

Spin

Warne is the best spinner ever along with Muralitharan.  However I picked Warne as he was also a better fielder (slip), batsman and bigger personality.  He would not only be a huge wicket threat getting over 700 in his career.  He would offer the captain control with his impressive economy rate and he would spin it on any surface.  Warne controlling an end would allow the other three seamers to rotate and bowl in bursts of full energy. Warne also has the wicket keeper who he is comfortable with and who he said was the best.  Keeping wicket up to the stumps to a top quality bowler isn’t easy, but Healy would make it look so.  They were a formidable partnership.  On a real turning pitch Joe Root is another option for a few overs.

Seam / Pace / Swing

The seamers are all about variety.  Joe Garner at 6 foot 8 inches gave the batsman numerous problems with the bounce he’d get.  Then he was also incredibly accurate and fast. No wonder he is one of the best fast bowlers ever statistically.

Waqar Younis did not have the height, but he was rapid, consistently near 90 mph, a few over as he did record a 94 mph deliver in 1996. But it was the late swing (both ways) at that pace that made him deadly. 

Zaheer Khan was more medium fast.  Being a left armer he brings more variety and a different line of attack.  He was a fine swing bowler (again both ways), but occasionally he would bowl a quicker delivery and he did record a delivery over 90 mph himself.  Although that was more of an effort ball and surprise delivery than him being regular that fast like Younis or Garner.

But the great think about Younis and Khan is they wouldn’t only be a threat on seamer friendly wickets.  Both are two of the best reverse swing bowlers ever.  On roads where wickets are looking incredibly tough to find, reverse swing can be the difference and that’s why I selected these two over many other seam bowlers.  On flat wickets I have the reverse swing of those two, the pace & bounce of Garner and the genius of Warne.

Any pitch. Anytime - these guys are ready!

Game 8: Red85 vs JSteve
Venue: W.A.C.A. Ground, East Perth, Perth, Western Australia.
The WACA staged its first Test in 1970-71 and soon established a reputation for being a fast and hard track, and that continued until the last couple of years when the surface flattened out. The often intense Perth heat is famously eased in the afternoon by the Fremantle Doctor, a breeze which sweeps in along the Swan River. In 2002, the ground was redeveloped and its capacity reduced to make it more economical. Features included building a new small grandstand and players' pavilion, reducing the size of the playing arena, and replacing seats with grass hills on each side and replacing all the seats with new ones. As a result, the permanent capacity of the stadium is 22,000 with the use of temporary stands used for all major events to boost it to 24,500.

Red85

VS

JSteve
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
Re: RAWK All Time Test Cricket Draft [MATCH DAY 1 - Group C & D]
« Reply #1 on: December 1, 2016, 12:13:10 pm »
Mine is very close here. Better numbers in every department would suggest I should win there

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 1, 2016, 01:17:14 pm »
As you can all see, my team is so brilliant, it doesn't need a fancy write-up.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: December 1, 2016, 02:41:30 pm »
Match at Gabba .

Bowling attack of Holding Ambrose and Thompson surely would be blowing away any opposition.

And then Michael Slater opening at his favorite ground where he
averages 85.

Surely close to a  win this
« Last Edit: December 1, 2016, 02:55:33 pm by BeautifulGame91 »

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #4 on: December 1, 2016, 04:39:15 pm »
Match at Gabba .

Bowling attack of Holding Ambrose and Thompson surely would be blowing away any opposition.

And then Michael Slater opening at his favorite ground where he
averages 85.

Surely close to a  win this
Bet he didn't had to face Hadlee or Davidson there. It would've been below 20 then for him. It will be a farce if I had to lose this. Batting wise, hands down I win

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 1, 2016, 05:15:35 pm »
Bet he didn't had to face Hadlee or Davidson there. It would've been below 20 then for him. It will be a farce if I had to lose this. Batting wise, hands down I win
Lucky Hadlee then

Batting ? Sobers or Smith ? Pieterson or Shastri .Real tough ones [emoji14]

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #6 on: December 1, 2016, 05:21:11 pm »
Lucky Hadlee then

Batting ? Sobers or Smith ? Pieterson or Shastri .Real tough ones [emoji14]
Convenient to leave out where you are poor isn't it?? My top4 to yours? And my last 4 to yours? You just picked your 2 best picks and I have 8 or 9 to show

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #7 on: December 1, 2016, 05:32:32 pm »
It is harder to chose than I thought

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 1, 2016, 08:47:31 pm »
15 people have voted for Groups A & B, but only 12 for this thread.

Does that always happen?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9 on: December 1, 2016, 09:06:26 pm »
15 people have voted for Groups A & B, but only 12 for this thread.

Does that always happen?

I've voted in the other thread as I wanted to see how I was doing! Will vote in here at some point tonight, once I've trawled past the reams of lines I won't read. :D

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 1, 2016, 09:08:46 pm »
once I've trawled past the reams of lines I won't read. :D

Ha, we really didn't need the write ups did we.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 2, 2016, 10:27:45 am »
Bump