Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4149776 times)

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #70560 on: August 12, 2022, 05:27:06 pm »
I think Eubank Jnr is too big I guess it depends if he is allowed to put on 15ibs though ?

Im not really into catchweight fights it always gives someone an excuse.

My take is you want to fight a MW go up to 160ibs and do it.
Benn's team could, and probably should, put a stipulation in that Eubank can't weigh more than x amount on fight night.

I was sad when he retired last week, and then happy when he came out of retirement to maybe fight Chisora on Tuesday, and sad when he retired again today. I look forward to his triumphant return to boxing on Sunday and subsequent retirement next Friday.
He's definitely not an attention seeker.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70561 on: August 12, 2022, 07:54:19 pm »
At this point, I think any news about Tyson Fury (unless he has a proper fight) needs to go in the boxing circus thread.

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #70562 on: August 12, 2022, 10:27:45 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cAbgLmH3Hu4&amp;t=1879s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cAbgLmH3Hu4&amp;t=1879s</a>

Eubank has Benn rattled already. It was too easy  ;D

By the way there is a rehydration clause. It was mentioned in the press conference.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70563 on: August 13, 2022, 03:05:26 pm »
Tyson Fury has officially vacated his Ring Magazine Heavyweight title.

The Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua rematch next Saturday could be for the belt. Usyk is currently #1 in the Ring rankings and Joshua is #2.

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #70564 on: August 15, 2022, 12:47:43 am »
Teofimo Lopez won his first bout at 140.

I had absolutely no idea he was even fighting until the fight had already started.

ESPN coverage was an absolute piss take - going on about how his loss to Kambosos was nothing in the grand scheme of things in his career.

Come on now ...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70565 on: August 16, 2022, 05:17:19 pm »
WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman has declared that they've given Tyson Fury two weeks (until Aug 26th) to confirm his retirement in writing as a final decision. If he does this, they will then address the situation with the WBC Heavyweight world title.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70566 on: August 16, 2022, 07:29:07 pm »

Joyce v Parker might be for the belt.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70567 on: August 17, 2022, 06:32:29 pm »
Usyk v Joshua 2 this weekend lads. Final press conference has taken place today.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70568 on: August 17, 2022, 07:34:23 pm »
Deontay Wilder will return to the ring in a Heavyweight clash vs Robert Helenius on October 15th in New York.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70569 on: August 17, 2022, 07:39:49 pm »

Sorting out a payday for his mate there.

Mind you, if this hand injury is real, Helenius will win ;D

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70570 on: August 17, 2022, 09:09:34 pm »
Usyk v Joshua 2 this weekend lads. Final press conference has taken place today.

Hard to see how big Uysk is there, given he has elected to dress like a Samurai. I've heard rumours that he would be as heavy as AJ, which seems incredibly unlikely, and also would be a bad move IMO.

Helenius is arse; he got KO'd by Gerald Washington and Duhaupas FFS. Mind you, if he gets out of round one, he'll outbox Windmill until slowing down and getting caught with one.

I saw pictures of Wilder recently and he looks like he has the legs of a Bantamweight.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70571 on: August 17, 2022, 09:26:35 pm »
Hard to see how big Uysk is there, given he has elected to dress like a Samurai. I've heard rumours that he would be as heavy as AJ, which seems incredibly unlikely, and also would be a bad move IMO.
Helenius is arse; he got KO'd by Gerald Washington and Duhaupas FFS. Mind you, if he gets out of round one, he'll outbox Windmill until slowing down and getting caught with one.

I saw pictures of Wilder recently and he looks like he has the legs of a Bantamweight.
Rumour was he'd put on 2 stone, which as you say would be a bad move. Maybe he's expecting AJ to come in and lean on him, but you'd think his footwork would be the best counter to that.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70572 on: August 17, 2022, 10:17:43 pm »

What time's the ring walk Samie ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70573 on: August 17, 2022, 10:41:57 pm »
After 10.30pm.

Not sure why you're asking it so early. No ones ever blown their load this early asking me.  ;D

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70574 on: August 17, 2022, 10:57:09 pm »
What time's the ring walk Samie ?

11.05pm.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70575 on: August 17, 2022, 11:14:52 pm »
Wonder if AJ is going to try and take him out of there this time. He tried to box Usyk last time like an idiot. Thing is, AJ is looking kinda big too so got to wonder if he'll run out of steam.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #70576 on: August 18, 2022, 12:19:04 am »
Wonder if AJ is going to try and take him out of there this time.

IF he does the most likely outcome is he gets stopped early - Usyk's just so much better than him
Joshua's only hope is to box behind his jab, tie him up, make it an awful fight and nick it with some dodgy Hearn backed judging

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70577 on: August 18, 2022, 12:49:18 am »
I give AJ 5 rounds to stop Usyk before he takes over and UD's AJ.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70578 on: August 18, 2022, 12:50:49 am »
IF he does the most likely outcome is he gets stopped early - Usyk's just so much better than him
Joshua's only hope is to box behind his jab, tie him up, make it an awful fight and nick it with some dodgy Hearn backed judging

Nope, it's the opposite. He tries that and he loses badly again. He has to go for the kill from the start. It's Risk v Reward strategy but one he has to play.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #70579 on: August 18, 2022, 01:01:09 am »
Really looking forward to this one. If the ring walk's at 11pm over here it means it'll be what 1am local time?

I wonder how they'll condition themselves for those hours, probably sleep through the day or something?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70580 on: August 18, 2022, 08:21:27 am »
I think unless Usyk makes an uncharacteristic mistake he will stop AJ

If AJ thought just putting it on him would work he would have adjusted mid fight and done that. Usyk rocked his world in the 1st and 3rd round and that put AJ under manners. Usyk footwork is miles better than AJ's and his handspeed is quicker. Plus Usyk isn't a fat waste of space like Ruiz who acted like he didn't belong where he was. Usyk will be focussed.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70581 on: August 18, 2022, 08:37:40 am »
Hope Usyk puts Joshua on his arse.  Just never took the hype surrounding Joshua while he was fighting bums and dodging the proper fights.

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70582 on: August 18, 2022, 08:42:36 am »
Hope Usyk puts Joshua on his arse.  Just never took the hype surrounding Joshua while he was fighting bums and dodging the proper fights.

I don't understand this narrative of 'fighting bums and dodging proper fights' . Joshua arguably has the best resume in the HW division today.

That being said, I again have Usyk taking a UD or late stoppage. Best bet is for Joshua to put educated pressure rather than simply 'sticking it on him' from the start focussing more on inside game rather than fencing. He needs to somewhat accept requirement to take a few to land a big one of his own.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #70583 on: August 18, 2022, 08:43:15 am »
AJ's only chance is an early KO surely?

But going by the last fight that would be a mistake, barrelling in with powerful punches. Usyk will do the same I think and can go the distance like that too. Not sure how AJ wins this. And for the record I hope Usyk humbles him

Maybe keep Usyk at range, fight outside... try to last and win on points. I don't see that though
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 08:44:47 am by ToneLa »

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70584 on: August 18, 2022, 08:57:52 am »
I don't understand this narrative of 'fighting bums and dodging proper fights' . Joshua arguably has the best resume in the HW division today.

That being said, I again have Usyk taking a UD or late stoppage. Best bet is for Joshua to put educated pressure rather than simply 'sticking it on him' from the start focussing more on inside game rather than fencing. He needs to somewhat accept requirement to take a few to land a big one of his own.
He never fought Wilder or Fury so one can only assume he dodged them. There’s also his ridiculous comments at the BLM protests that put a lot of people off him. That aside, he just hasn’t lived up to the hype around his abilities.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70585 on: August 18, 2022, 09:07:13 am »
He never fought Wilder or Fury so one can only assume he dodged them. There’s also his ridiculous comments at the BLM protests that put a lot of people off him. That aside, he just hasn’t lived up to the hype around his abilities.
Wilder was the one who ducked AJ, he's admitted as much now.

Joshua has always been the one out of the 3 trying to make fights, and their respective CVs are the proof of that.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70586 on: August 18, 2022, 09:35:15 am »
As for the fight, people forget that although Usyk was the clear winner last time, it wasn't a landslide.  He basically needed to win 2 more rounds than he did, and with better advice from his corner, he might well have done that.  So, it's not impossible for him to take a similar approach to last time and still win the fight with some tweaks.

The other option is what people are expecting; that he bulks up and comes in ready for a war.  It would make for a better fight at least, and Usyk does get hit a lot, but he'd need to be really smart.  He showed in the fight against Wlad that he can box clever when he gets hurt and take a couple of rounds off to conserve his energy, but he also showed against Ruiz that he can get sucked in and blow himself up.

The other variable is what Usyk does.  There were rumours of him losing a lot of weight when he went back to Ukraine, now there are rumours of him coming in 2 stone heavier.  Is he going to come in and try to meet Joshua in the middle of the ring?  Seems like a ticket to uppercut city if you ask me.  I feel like Joshua is a better inside fighter so I just can't make sense of that as a strategy.  The weigh in for this one is going to be fascinating.

I still make Usyk the favourite, but there's so many different ways the fight could go and different routes to victory for both of them, so it will be interesting at least.  It will be good to see what difference Garcia makes, you could easily argue that McCracken lost that fight for AJ last time.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70587 on: August 18, 2022, 09:43:18 am »

AJ was managed very well and marketed to beyond belief.

Don't think he dodged anyone but he certainly isn't as good as as he talks or is made out.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70588 on: August 18, 2022, 09:44:20 am »
As for the fight, people forget that although Usyk was the clear winner last time, it wasn't a landslide.  He basically needed to win 2 more rounds than he did, and with better advice from his corner, he might well have done that.  So, it's not impossible for him to take a similar approach to last time and still win the fight with some tweaks.

The other option is what people are expecting; that he bulks up and comes in ready for a war.  It would make for a better fight at least, and Usyk does get hit a lot, but he'd need to be really smart.  He showed in the fight against Wlad that he can box clever when he gets hurt and take a couple of rounds off to conserve his energy, but he also showed against Ruiz that he can get sucked in and blow himself up.

The other variable is what Usyk does.  There were rumours of him losing a lot of weight when he went back to Ukraine, now there are rumours of him coming in 2 stone heavier.  Is he going to come in and try to meet Joshua in the middle of the ring?  Seems like a ticket to uppercut city if you ask me.  I feel like Joshua is a better inside fighter so I just can't make sense of that as a strategy.  The weigh in for this one is going to be fascinating.

I still make Usyk the favourite, but there's so many different ways the fight could go and different routes to victory for both of them, so it will be interesting at least.  It will be good to see what difference Garcia makes, you could easily argue that McCracken lost that fight for AJ last time.

Aj needs to put it on him for the first five. Tries to out box him he will lose.

He has 5 rounds for me our this fight will go the same as the last.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70589 on: August 18, 2022, 10:22:41 am »
Hearn is a c*nt selling out to Saudi Arabia. Usyk and AJ are both c*nts for agreeing to it. Hope everyone involved in the card gets knocked out to fuck.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #70590 on: August 18, 2022, 10:34:16 am »
Hearn is a c*nt selling out to Saudi Arabia. Usyk and AJ are both c*nts for agreeing to it. Hope everyone involved in the card gets knocked out to fuck.

Agreed, but unfortunately too many people will put money before anything else these days. Plenty of people in the limelight will stand on their pedestal and stand up/speak out about certain things, but when it comes to waving a few extra notes in front of them they’re happy to turn a blind eye to certain things.

Don’t see AJ beating Usyk as Usyk is a far better technical boxer, but if it is true that Usyk has increased his weight, which would be a strange thing to do, then maybe that will slow him down a bit.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70591 on: August 18, 2022, 11:01:21 am »
I agree in theory, although I give Usyk a pass for trying to earn as much money as possible given that a chunk of it is going to his foundation to help in Ukraine.  Boxers in general get a bit of leeway from me because of what they're risking when they get in the ring.  Certainly those further down the card I do not blame for trying to maximise their earnings while they can.  Which is not to say I completely endorse it.

Hearn: c*nt.  No debate there.

We are all probably c*nts for watching it to be honest.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70592 on: August 18, 2022, 01:08:22 pm »
I agree in theory, although I give Usyk a pass for trying to earn as much money as possible given that a chunk of it is going to his foundation to help in Ukraine.  Boxers in general get a bit of leeway from me because of what they're risking when they get in the ring.  Certainly those further down the card I do not blame for trying to maximise their earnings while they can.  Which is not to say I completely endorse it.

Hearn: c*nt.  No debate there.

We are all probably c*nts for watching it to be honest.

Usyk earning money from Saudi Arabia to help in Ukraine is robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70593 on: August 18, 2022, 01:19:54 pm »
Remove the Fury vs Wilder trilogy from each other's records and what are you left with? Fury beat Wlad, by far his best win, then Del Boy twice, then Whyte who is completely shot IMO. Wilder, he beat Ortiz twice and.... that's about it!

Joshua has beaten Wlad, Parker, a younger version of Whyte, Ruiz, Povetkin, and Pulev. Not a murderer's row, far from it, but far, far better than the combined records of the other two. He's a British HW champion so he was always getting hyped to ridiculous levels in Britain!

I'd argue that the hype surrounding Fury is even greater and also unwarranted.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70594 on: August 18, 2022, 01:54:57 pm »
Usyk earning money from Saudi Arabia to help in Ukraine is robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Make's a lot of sense from Paul's perspective.

Usyk has been actually fighting in Ukraine; it's his country, his family, his friends under threat of genocide.  I'm not going to criticise him from behind a keyboard.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70595 on: August 18, 2022, 01:56:43 pm »
Make's a lot of sense from Paul's perspective.

Usyk has been actually fighting in Ukraine; it's his country, his family, his friends under threat of genocide.  I'm not going to criticise him from behind a keyboard.

I'm happy enough calling him a c*nt from behind a keyboard to be perfectly honest. I wouldn't say it to his face  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70596 on: August 18, 2022, 02:05:16 pm »
I'm happy enough calling him a c*nt from behind a keyboard to be perfectly honest. I wouldn't say it to his face  ;D
On that we can agree mate ;D

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70597 on: August 18, 2022, 05:50:47 pm »

Twat is proper arse licking as well, making everyone stand for the national anthem at a press conference

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70598 on: August 18, 2022, 06:00:48 pm »
It's criminal that this is in Saudi, crowd will be dead. Most of them won't even know who Usyk is.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70599 on: August 18, 2022, 06:30:44 pm »
It's criminal that this is in Saudi, crowd will be dead. Most of them won't even know who Usyk is.
Well they might be if they have rainbow laces in their shoes or show any dissent.