Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4155335 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #70520 on: July 21, 2022, 02:03:29 pm »
Looks like Benn Jr v SRL Jr is on.  ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70521 on: July 21, 2022, 09:03:46 pm »
Devin Haney vs George Kambosos Jr rematch for Haney's Undisputed WBA, WBC, IBF & WBO Lightweight world titles is now being planned for October 15th at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne - venue famous for hosting the Australian Open tennis. [@DanRafael1]

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #70522 on: July 21, 2022, 11:00:54 pm »
Looks like Benn Jr v SRL Jr is on.  ;D
The fight will probably be a damp squib, but the build up will be great!

Don't see how Kambosos beats Haney second time around.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70523 on: July 24, 2022, 09:41:33 pm »
Got tickets to all the boxing commenwealth games finals but can't go now.

They are £20 for each session. Let me know if anyone is keen.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70524 on: July 25, 2022, 06:05:43 pm »
Muhammad Ali's WBC Heavyweight world title belt won in his 1974 'Rumble in the Jungle' victory over George Foreman has sold at auction today for $6.18 million.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70525 on: July 27, 2022, 09:00:30 pm »
Callum Smith 's next fight is on the Joshua/Usyk 2 undercard.  He's fighting for the right to fight Beterbiev.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70526 on: July 27, 2022, 10:06:10 pm »
Callum Smith 's next fight is on the Joshua/Usyk 2 undercard.  He's fighting for the right to fight Beterbiev.  ;D
I like Callum, but bloody hell I just looked up his opponent and it looks like he's literally fighting Warren Special ;D

50% KO, never beaten anyone with a winning record, all his fights are in small halls in France.  I'm never sure whether these fights actually happen or not.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70527 on: July 28, 2022, 08:22:15 am »
I like Callum, but bloody hell I just looked up his opponent and it looks like he's literally fighting Warren Special ;D

50% KO, never beaten anyone with a winning record, all his fights are in small halls in France.  I'm never sure whether these fights actually happen or not.
He is an Olympic bronze medalist. So can't be too bad.

There is going to be a big queue waiting to fight all these champions especially if there is a unification.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #70528 on: July 30, 2022, 11:27:40 pm »
Josh Kelly used to look class. Shite so far

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70529 on: July 31, 2022, 04:11:04 pm »
These ugly motherfuckers.  :o

WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman has announced that Jake Paul will enter the official WBC Cruiserweight rankings if he beats Hasim Rahman Jr on Aug 6th.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70530 on: July 31, 2022, 06:51:23 pm »
These ugly motherfuckers.  :o
Breidis could then make himself a hero by knocking the little shitbag into orbit  :D

Seriously, imagine Paul against a top CW like Breidis or Okolie? Get Uysk to drop down for a handy payday. Now THAT'S entertainment.

The fact he would make it into the rankings by beating his first ever professional opponent (who isn't much use) says it all about the WBC!

Edit: The fight has been cancelled thank fuck  :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 06:53:04 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70531 on: July 31, 2022, 06:54:10 pm »
 ;D

Aye, saw that later. It got cancelled AFTER the WBC announcement. Maybe he (Paul) or both were shitting it?

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70532 on: July 31, 2022, 10:08:53 pm »
Cruiserweight is the wrong division to go fucking about in.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70533 on: August 1, 2022, 06:58:18 pm »
Cruiserweight is the wrong division to go fucking about in.
I don't think LHW is the best option either; unless he wants his head caved in by Beterbiev  :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70534 on: August 1, 2022, 07:27:11 pm »
Anyone below Bantamweight preferably if he's serious.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70535 on: August 1, 2022, 07:59:41 pm »
I don't think LHW is the best option either; unless he wants his head caved in by Beterbiev  :D
True ;D

Perhaps the answer is to not go fucking about at all?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70536 on: August 3, 2022, 05:18:32 pm »
New date verbally agreed but not signed yet.

Joe Joyce vs Joseph Parker is reportedly now agreed for September 24th. [@MikeCoppinger]

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70537 on: August 3, 2022, 05:47:44 pm »
Daniel Dubois suing Don King for non-payment of his last fight. Can't believe people still do business with him. 90 years old, close to death and still stealing from people.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70538 on: August 3, 2022, 05:58:05 pm »
;D

Aye, saw that later. It got cancelled AFTER the WBC announcement. Maybe he (Paul) or both were shitting it?

From what I’ve read, Jake Paul sets out so many requirements, which he will use to pull out if a single one isn’t met, that it’s hard to get the fight organised. Then he makes pretend offers on Twitter, making it sound simple, and he uses his social media presence to blame his “opponent”.

However, in this case, I’m sure he was shit scared of the prospect of facing proper boxers rather than promoting his circus of hype and cancellations. He’d clearly be risking his health/life fighting a top CW. He couldn’t tell his idiotic fans though.

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70539 on: August 3, 2022, 05:59:19 pm »
Daniel Dubois suing Don King for non-payment of his last fight. Can't believe people still do business with him. 90 years old, close to death and still stealing from people.

Is it something every boxer should have on their CV? Ripped off by Don King...
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70540 on: August 3, 2022, 10:37:16 pm »
He’d clearly be risking his health/life fighting a top 100 CW. He couldn’t tell his idiotic fans though.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #70541 on: August 4, 2022, 06:31:00 pm »
 The heavyweight rematch between Usyk and Joshua to be streamed FREE in the Ukraine  ... VPN at the ready (set yours to Ukraine)

Usyk was keen to buy the rights himself in order to air it to Ukraine for free...
But upon hearing about Usyk’s offer, the Saudi organisers instead gifted the rights to him for free,
meaning the rematch will be shown on Ukrainian public TV as well as the fighter’s YouTube channel.

Edit: if you need a full VPN then use a 'Free Trial'.. Check first, No Credit Card Details.. (number 5 poss best-Cyber Ghost only 24hrs free, some others are 7 days)

https://proprivacy.com/vpn/comparison/best-vpn-free-trial
« Last Edit: August 4, 2022, 07:07:25 pm by hixxstar »
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70542 on: August 5, 2022, 01:13:06 am »
Confirmed!
Joe Joyce will face Joseph Parker in a Heavyweight clash on September 24th at the Manchester Arena.

Also this is ongoing.

Eddie Hearn has revealed that they're trying to make Leigh Wood vs Mauricio Lara for late September.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70543 on: August 7, 2022, 08:30:31 pm »
Bob Arum saying they've began early discussions for Beterbiev v Bivol for next year proving they come through their next fights withwins.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70544 on: August 9, 2022, 12:26:47 pm »
Fury calling out Chisora  :rollseyes

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70545 on: August 9, 2022, 12:35:50 pm »
Best fighter in the world though. Permanently retired though, no amount of money can entice him apparently.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70546 on: August 9, 2022, 12:40:58 pm »
WBC protocols mean he can hold on to the title for a year without fighting or declaring his intentions.  ;D

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70547 on: August 9, 2022, 10:21:11 pm »
Benn v Eubank Jnr is on 8th Oct.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70548 on: August 9, 2022, 10:26:07 pm »
It's at the O2 and is a Catchweight fight.   ;D

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70549 on: August 10, 2022, 12:11:25 am »

Two mates wanting a massive pay day it would seem.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70550 on: August 10, 2022, 08:31:57 am »
When you're the GOAT (Better than Johnson, Liston, Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Louis, Tyson, Lewis, Holmes, Holyfield, etc.) it makes sense to fight someone you've beaten twice before and who is, as far as I know, not in line for a title shot.

He should be fighting more regularly but perhaps against someone he HAS NOT fought before? If he wasn't faffing about, he could have fought Joyce, Parker, or Ruiz who are now booked up I think. He would be prohibitive favourite in each case, almost certainly win, and get a credible contender on his record.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70551 on: August 10, 2022, 11:06:42 am »
Two mates wanting a massive pay day it would seem.
Not like the second fight was particularly close either.
When you're the GOAT (Better than Johnson, Liston, Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Louis, Tyson, Lewis, Holmes, Holyfield, etc.) it makes sense to fight someone you've beaten twice before and who is, as far as I know, not in line for a title shot.
Yeah but did any of them get really fat and then get thin again?  Such an inspiration...

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #70552 on: August 10, 2022, 07:09:48 pm »

He should be fighting more regularly but perhaps against someone he HAS NOT fought before? If he wasn't faffing about, he could have fought Joyce, Parker, or Ruiz who are now booked up I think. He would be prohibitive favourite in each case, almost certainly win, and get a credible contender on his record.
Perhaps a clever move in having Chisora as the warm up fight to a potential unification clash with AJ or Usyk?
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70553 on: August 10, 2022, 09:43:51 pm »
Perhaps a clever move in having Chisora as the warm up fight to a potential unification clash with AJ or Usyk?
He may as well give Otto Wallin a rematch in that case. My point is he could fight some other contender who he hasn't fought twice and as Lusty said, beat easily the second time around.

Not like the second fight was particularly close either.Yeah but did any of them get really fat and then get thin again?  Such an inspiration...
Foreman got fat, he didn't bother with the thin part though :D

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #70554 on: August 10, 2022, 10:12:02 pm »
He may as well give Otto Wallin a rematch in that case. My point is he could fight some other contender who he hasn't fought twice and as Lusty said, beat easily the second time around.
Foreman got fat, he didn't bother with the thin part though :D
Oh I agree. When I saw the announcement I was disappointed. Chisora, although a warrior is over the hill. I was expecting a far more interesting fight.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70555 on: August 12, 2022, 02:16:28 pm »
In other news, Fury has retired today.... Again..... ( ::) ::) ::) ::) ::))

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #70556 on: August 12, 2022, 02:23:22 pm »
I was sad when he retired last week, and then happy when he came out of retirement to maybe fight Chisora on Tuesday, and sad when he retired again today. I look forward to his triumphant return to boxing on Sunday and subsequent retirement next Friday.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70557 on: August 12, 2022, 02:41:19 pm »
Benn v Eubank Jnr is on 8th Oct.
At 156 pounds catchweight. Eubank will likely be 15+ pounds heavier, has a big reach advantage and is generally a bigger framed guy. Benn has power at lower weights but I can't him putting a dent in Eubank.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70558 on: August 12, 2022, 02:52:42 pm »
In other news, Fury has retired today.... Again..... ( ::) ::) ::) ::) ::))
Said a while ago that he'll be off to the YouTube circuit for a bit.  Until one of his mates needs a payday.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70559 on: August 12, 2022, 03:12:09 pm »
At 156 pounds catchweight. Eubank will likely be 15+ pounds heavier, has a big reach advantage and is generally a bigger framed guy. Benn has power at lower weights but I can't him putting a dent in Eubank.

I think Eubank Jnr is too big I guess it depends if he is allowed to put on 15ibs though ?

Im not really into catchweight fights it always gives someone an excuse.

My take is you want to fight a MW go up to 160ibs and do it.